The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
And their helicopter that follows them everywhere has just truned up jacqui24 - so off again soon!.

And saw that the total is now over eighty events. (Can't remember who said it, sorry.)
Saw that too. Wasn't sure if that's accurate, so I just kind of pushed that to the back of my mind. I guess most of the "surprises" are in Australia? Honestly, I never thought I'd say this, but I rather Meghan take it easier at this point. Though I have to remind myself she knows better about how she feels than I do, and she'll adjust her schedule if needed.

BTW, I didn't realize today is the anniversary of when QEII opened the Opera House????

Another thing, someone has asked me how the US coverage has been a few days ago. I'd say it's more coverage than any BRF member gets. While I don't watch a lot of TV as it airs, there has been coverage on the morning shows every day that they've been on tour, which is unusual since they aren't visiting US or nearby. Along with that, there are also daily coverage on other shows here. While it's not as much as Australia, it's definitely extensive coverage for any one person or two to have.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe a hold up - eveyone still waiting. Outriders sitting on their bikes in the street, people milling about in the Admiralty House grounds.

Gone to another ad break!

They're off.

Didn't see them get into the cars, but Channel 9 interrupted an ad to show the cars go - so this is serious!!!

Nice waves to camera again.

Old 10-19-2018, 07:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Live Coverage:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=sSTH5sBWcVQ

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Another thing, someone has asked me how the US coverage has been a few days ago. I'd say it's more coverage than any BRF member gets. While I don't watch a lot of TV as it airs, there has been coverage on the morning shows every day that they've been on tour, which is unusual since they aren't visiting US or nearby. Along with that, there are also daily coverage on other shows here. While it's not as much as Australia, it's definitely extensive coverage for any one person or two to have.
I think US coverage is a bit bigger than the first long Will/Kate tour - but only because of the Pregnancy announcement. Which we are embracing fully. I think Invictus add to the press too, because we also like Invictus.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

7 News link. They are opening a ANZAC Memorial in Hyde Park.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1gqxvXjPYgjGB
Old 10-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think US coverage is a bit bigger than the first long Will/Kate tour - but only because of the Pregnancy announcement. Which we are embracing fully. I think Invictus add to the press too, because we also like Invictus.
Part of it too is because Meghan is American. I have heard her being refered to as the American Duchess on GMA.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
Part of it too is because Meghan is American. I have heard her being refered to as the American Duchess on GMA.
Of course that's a part of it. Meghan and her child and any future child(ren) are as close to an American royal as we are ever going to get. Although Harry has always had an additional appeal before this.

Harry is in uniform (no surprise) and Meghan is in a fascinator for the memorial.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Harry in white uniform
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6AqzRWoAAOnSD.jpg
https://twitter.com/PackhamGown/stat...20565950877696
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...20942930653184
Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Harry is in uniform (no surprise) and Meghan is in a fascinator for the memorial.
Wonderful to have such formality from everyone - such a contrast to Bondi only twenty four hours ago.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

They both look very appropriate....Wickstead dress and Treacy Hat.

LaRae
Old 10-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't click onto the next page...something is wrong...
Old 10-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wrote saying that I can't access next page, and it disappeared! What's going on, I can't view page 35.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:42 PM
Royal Highness

Three jets just flew overhead, bound for the service at the War Memorial.

And just been mentioned, the Reception tonight will be held at the Bennelong restuarant at the Opera House.

After seeing Cut-Out Harry and Meghan popping up all over Dubbo - I'm glad they've made it down to Sydney -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9995422645.jpg
Old 10-19-2018, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Just left the memorial.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Some close-up photos -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9991487229.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9991212452.jpg
Old 10-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews 1h1 hour ago
The Duke and Duchess look at the statue of sacrifice inside the Hall of Memory at the Anzac memorial in Sydney’s Hyde Park
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...25143802929152

Emily Andrews @byEmilyAndrews 47m46 minutes ago
The Duke and Duchess lay their first wreath together at Sydney’s ANZAC memorial in Sydney, honouring more than 60,000 Aussies who were killed 1914-1918.
https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...29118505762821

Alexander Britton @adbritton 47m47 minutes ago
Harry and Meghan lay a wreath on the memorial #RoyalVisitAustralia
https://twitter.com/adbritton/status...29161501483008
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it's inky natural the coverage is bigger. Even if not the heir.

1 The whole American duchess as media called her
2 they are newly married, honeymoon phase for popularity
3 excitement of the baby news
4 Invictus
5 Harry has always been popular to watch, a bit more exciting. And having a wife just increases that.

Will and Kate had been married for several years and done tours. Other then seeing George, not the same excitement or newness.

I love the story about Harry and the woman on the bridge. It's just like Harry to stop even on schedule to make sure they could talk. Harry truly was impacted by his time on the active front. His work with Invictus shows this but even more so his interaction with soldiers and their families. While I get the connection between will and bereavement in mental health, I always feel such a stronger connection for Harry with heads together. Maybe it's simply because it is entrenched in so much he does not simply heads together.

Nice appearance at the memorial

Just saw the yoga story about Meghan. Surprised having trouble sleeping
Between her busy schedule and pregnancy, I'd think exhausted.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Just saw the yoga story about Meghan. Surprised having trouble sleeping
Between her busy schedule and pregnancy, I'd think exhausted.
It really depends on the woman. I'm betting her body is still adjusting to the time difference. Although the coverage has been good, and she is wearing a smile, there have been some shots where she looks like she could use a shut eye for a few minutes. In pregnancy, there will be times where you have a ton of energy and you feel like superwoman and times when you're drained, and all of this can happen in space of 24 hours.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I wrote saying that I can't access next page, and it disappeared! What's going on, I can't view page 35.
I am having a similar problem in another thread. I posted a comment in Meghan's jewelry thread several days ago about that black ring Harry was wearing (before DM article). I can't get past page 18 in that one. Its been a couple of days. I tried signing out and signing back in; signing out and closing the browser, then restarting my laptop but nothing works and there is a page 19 showing in the list of pages. There was a something about someone else having a problem last week that someone posted some suggestions. Problem is, I don't remember which thread it was in and since I wasn't having a problem then I didn't really pay any attention to the suggestions.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks a lot less tired in the Anzac pics. The jet lag has probably gotten better but the pregnancy, she has a got several months to go!