Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry & Megsie have just arrived in Nadi via helicopter.

Harry & Megsie have just arrived in Nadi via helicopter.

Thanks Axeyman.

The "Fijian Sun" and Emily Nash have just revealed Harry and Meghan spent last night at a resort on Kaibu Island, part of the Lau archipelago.

They stayed at "The Vatuvara Private Islands" resort.

https://www.vatuvara.com/

A link to Emily's public twitter with the details - only three villas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/emynash?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Live coverage on Channel 9 now.

And a photo from Omid Scobie's twitter - ceremony should be starting soon.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DqTpNT4UcAEB3ZO?format=jpg&name=orig

Last edited by a moderator:
As a person that was in a situation like Meghan was in Fiji a couple of times, it does tend to give a person a sense of panic and claustrophobia as if the world is closing in on you. With people crowding in to get a better look, be up front and able to meet Meghan and perhaps even just being pushed by a crowd towards her, it was something that the protection detail could not only see but also feel.

To avoid any mishap, the protection detail quickly decided to get her out of there as soon as they could. They made the right decision.

As far as the menu, I'm tending to go along with the idea that Meghan's name was printed on the menu as it would appear as a Fiji native. If this was on a menu back in the UK in the form it was printed, I think somebody's head would roll. Meghan's correct title is "HRH, The Duchess of Sussex" period. No Meghan, No Markle. Even publications that call her Meghan, Duchess of Sussex have it wrong. That is what her title would be if she divorced Harry.

Love the earrings. I'm surprised her dress fits so well.

I'm sure Meghan is recovered and they are now both rested. I am looking forward to seeing both in Tonga, ready for the day's engagements.

Megsie looks absolutely stunning. Absolute love the earrings.

Thank you so much! OMG! She looks 1000% better than yesterday's outfit!

I just said the same thing. She looks so much better than the last few days to be honest. I didn't want to say anything, but when they arrived in Fiji, the look in her eyes looked like she had been crying, or maybe it was allergies...IDK.

Meghan looks every inch the royal that she is. Once again, it looks like both Harry and Meghan have hit their "royal mode engaged" button and their demeanor is more on the formal side than the relaxed mode we've seen them in. Yet their personalities shine through no matter what mode they're in. Love the photo of Meghan leaning over towards Harry. :D

Great color for her...I like the dress, the shoulders look kinda off to me though..maybe they are riding up.

LaRae

I love Meghan's hair and jewellery. She looks very well and happy. Did Harry have to drink some more of that aphrodisiac kava? Poor fellow!

She looks great! The green is fabulous on her, and I love those earrings.

I love Meghan's hair and jewellery. She looks very well and happy. Did Harry have to drink some more of that aphrodisiac kava? Poor fellow!

Is it also an aphrodisiac :ohmy: I know it has natural anaesthetic properties. Harry dud at the welcome ceremony, pictures of him drinking from a bowl. The stuff you have to drink to be polite ;)

They are both really into the swing of things. Both really shine on tours :flowers:

I’ve been enjoying watching the coverage of this tour. Harry and Meghan are blowing me away in the way they’ve handled this tour so far. It all seems exhausting to me and I wouldn’t be able to handle the heat, mosquitoes and endless traveling. I would be too tired, so I tip my glasses to the couple for bearing all of this.

I'm sure Meghan is recovered and they are now both rested. I am looking forward to seeing both in Tonga, ready for the day's engagements.

I’m not sure they rested on that private island. Perhaps charged up their batteries. ;)

Last edited:
They just landed in Tonga.

So question, is Baby Sussex the youngest royal baby to do an oversea trip? :lol:

So question, is Baby Sussex the youngest royal baby to do an oversea trip? :lol:

I can't tell if your question is rhetorical, but I was interested so I looked into it. Surprisingly he/she/they are not. The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh did a tour of Canada from June 18-August 1 1959, when she would have been pregnant with the Duke of York for about 1-1.5 months.

Sun Lion,

I seem to recall a similar thing happened on their tour of Ireland. From memory a tag was left on something as they arrived at Dublin Airport

That's inexcusable on a tour like this. Doesn't Meghan have a dresser or stylist with her, who looks the clothing over before she puts it on? Really bad, and sad. Huge entourage and that happens! Shakes head...

I think plastic was left on the bottom of a new bag in Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom