The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-19-2018, 05:06 AM
Aristocracy

At today's Macarthurs Giris Schools visit Megsie & Harry both spoke to the school kids.

Megsie talked to the kids about women's empowerment. "You guys all remind me so much of myself when I was growing up. I went to an all giris school which was incredibly diverse as well"

"I think being around such empowered young women, it becomes something that you all just grasp onto to understand your world. It's made you confident, well-spoken. You have an intention set to really do something to change the world, and you have to keep it up"

"It makes me so emotional. You're doing really, really good work and I'm so happy that we're here. We give you our full support"

Harry chimed in by saying "Men can help as well by getting involved, we have to. We need to get men's voices involved as soon as possible. Don't stop!. Get more people involved, guys as well"

Great speeches by both there.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
How wonderful Harry is. Thank you for letting us know this Chloep.
Now wouldn't it be totally fantastic if random acts of kindness like Harry did went as viral as the clothing Meghan wears?

Old 10-19-2018, 05:33 AM
Majesty

I was unavoidably out all day today from very early until about 6pm. I seem to have missed such a lot (sob.) I caught up when I could. I saw the Channel 7 reporter, a Sydneyite obviously, bemoaning the fact that Bondi wasn't at its sparkling and very sunny best for the early morning engagement. There were large crowds gathered anyway, right?

I saw Harry on the bridge with ScoMo, our PM and the vets, and the Invictus flag flying high. There was also Daphne waiting in her wheelchair again, and a thirteen year old boy who had bought a tiara with his own money for Harry's baby. He said he loved Harry and Meghan so much and was thrilled to meet Harry. Very sweet.

Was the girls school visit an embargoed engagement? Harry and Meghan are certainly whipping through these engagement numbers. No wonder Meghan felt like a couple of hours rest this afternoon! Once again a lot of enthusiastic Aussies so happy to meet them, especially young people.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I was unavoidably out all day today from very early until about 6pm. I seem to have missed such a lot (sob.) I caught up when I could. I saw the Channel 7 reporter, a Sydneyite obviously, bemoaning the fact that Bondi wasn't at its sparkling and very sunny best for the early morning engagement. There were large crowds gathered anyway, right?

I saw Harry on the bridge with ScoMo, our PM and the vets, and the Invictus flag flying high. There was also Daphne waiting in her wheelchair again, and a thirteen year old boy who had bought a tiara with his own money for Harry's baby. He said he loved Harry and Meghan so much and was thrilled to meet Harry. Very sweet.

Was the girls school visit an embargoed engagement? Harry and Meghan are certainly whipping through these engagement numbers. No wonder Meghan felt like a couple of hours rest this afternoon! Once again a lot of enthusiastic Aussies so happy to meet them, especially young people.
Yes Curryong, the school girls said they had just finished their English exam and only thought the NSW Premier was coming to assembly.

Very suprised when Harry and Meghan showed up too.

That Daphne has more "get out of the house" energy and drive than I do!
Old 10-19-2018, 06:34 AM
Majesty

Yes, Daphne had her hair done and lipstick on and everything! Harry must have hurried back to get ready for the meeting with the PM and ALP Leader, as Daphne wasn't greeted this time.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

What was the longest tour of Catherine and William? Did it also last so long as this tour?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Nobility

I think one thing this tour is great at doing is highlighting the people of Australia and their wonderful spirit and generosity.

There are names like Luke Vincent, the Woodley family, Gavin Hazelwood, India Brown, Jordan Ilencik and of course Daphne as always. Their interactions with the couple are news stories around the world not because they came out to see the couple but because of their warmth.

The couple is doing a great job connecting with people.

They blend into and almost feel like a natural part of whatever group they are interacting with.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
What was the longest tour of Catherine and William? Did it also last so long as this tour?
I'm not sure about their Canadian tours but William and Kate came to Australasia in 2014 for ten days. The longest Royal tour of all was of course the Queen's in 1953/54. She and Prince Philip toured Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific nations of the Commonwealth for six months.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Majesty

The Cambridges tour to Australia and New Zealand in 2014 was from 7 April to 25 April
Old 10-19-2018, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

Didn't their tour also include rest days though?
Old 10-19-2018, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Yes, there were three official rest days, two in NZ and one in Australia, and several of the days had two or perhaps three engagements.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Majesty

That was the tour Prince George was dubbed the ‘republican slayer’. Support for an Australian republic slumped to a 20 year low after the Cambridges visit.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Nobility

A great article in the guardian today about the visit to Australia. In the end all tours are at the core of it a PR exercise for the monarchy.

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/...mpression=true

"But Harry and Meghan were always the royals that were going to resonate most in Australia. Younger, fresher, less buttoned-up, and more willing to break with protocol, they have a more saleable – dare we say, more Australian – charm."
Old 10-19-2018, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

I think the British Monarchy is very lucky. It has the young royals who fit their roles perfectly!
Old 10-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Nobility

The story about Gwen Cherne, 41, who was one of the select group scaling the bridge with the prince, shared how a sympathetic Harry listened to the story of her late husband, Australian special forces officer Peter J. Cafe, who died by suicide in February 2017 at the age of 48.

https://people.com/royals/prince-har...mpression=true

“He understood what I meant. When you understand loss, I think it’s obvious,” she explained. “He did ask me if I was getting the support I need from the Defense and ex-servicemen and veteran community.” She works closely with U.S.-based Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors and talked to Harry about their partnership with the U.K.’s Diana Award.

As the 34-year-old prince’s entourage tried to move them along from the outing, Harry wanted to ensure they had enough time to talk.

“He stopped and said, ‘I’m in a middle of a conversation, and I’m not going to leave this.’ We were talking about my story and mental health and how difficult it is still, in our society, to talk about grief and loss and suicide. And how important things like the Invictus Games are to shedding light on, and allowing people to start to have these conversations that are great to have.”
Old 10-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Amazingly lovely on his part.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This shows that Harry has his head screwed on right and he knows what his priorities are. He's a man that doesn't just talk the talk but does the walk (and climb).

I know the tour is scheduled and they have a pretty rigorous time sheet to keep to but sometimes, as we've seen so often, this is not a couple that hurries through things and are there just to be looked at, admired and treated royally (pun intended) but this example by Harry shows that they're there because its something they care about. Its the messages of the tour and how it affects the people that is important to them and its demonstrated by putting the people first and foremost even if it means knocking the schedule off whack a little bit.

Harry and Meghan don't want the tour to be about them but about why they're there and the people that they're trying to reach and make a difference with. Its working. Like a charm. It may sound a little trite but with each story that makes its way to the public's attention, the more chances there are that others out there will have their own "me too" moment and be inspired, comforted and perhaps even given direction to make their lives just a little bit better than it was before.

I'm impressed. Really impressed.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

Fireworks for Harry and Meghan at Admiralty House last night.

Must have been a dinner with officials - from 9.00pm, a good display for ten minutes in front of the residence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Also I don't think this has been made public yet but Megsie & Harry will unveil an official memorial at a private event in the city tomorrow morning. This is before they catch a boat over to Cockatoo Island for the Land Rover Challenge.
Perhaps something at the War Memorial.

Just had a live cross to a reporter waiting to cover this morning's unveiling and he is stationed in the avenue of trees in Hyde Park that lead to that area.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

There have been regular embargoed events on this tour, did the 76 count just include what was published before or also the embargoed events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Perhaps something at the War Memorial.

Just had a live cross to a reporter waiting to cover this morning's unveiling and he is stationed in the avenue of trees in Hyde Park that lead to that area.
I can't remember where else I saw it, but that's not the first time I saw the war memorial dedication event for today.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
There have been regular embargoed events on this tour, did the 76 count just include what was published before or also the embargoed events?

I can't remember where else I saw it, but that's not the first time I saw the war memorial dedication event for today.
And their helicopter that follows them everywhere has just turned up jacqui24 - so off again soon!.

And saw that the total is now over eighty events. (Can't remember who said it, sorry.)

Yes, live coverage of the cars inside the Admiralty House grounds, waiting at the door.

Channel 9 look like they have a dedicated team outside, as well as Channel 7, sitting in chairs Harbourside, hair blowing in the breeze.

Hope we get good footage of the boat ride to Cockatoo Island.

Channel 9 saying crowds are gathering around the Harbour - what's that for, to see the boat go by?

Makes me think tomorrow's big outdoor day will be packed.