The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I don't know about the rest of the world, or even Australia, but I do know that in the Central West of NSW - where Dubbo is - this sort of situation is described as a 'green drought'. It looks good but the reality is that it is going to be a short amount of green and then back to nothing unless the rain continues - and it also needs to fall in the right places, and slowly not in buckets but in drizzles. If it isn't filling the dams it is fairly useless in the long term (same as all the rain in Sydney - if it isn't in the catchment for the dams we could be facing water restrictions. Warragamba - the main dam for Sydney was at 92% capacity on the 1st January and is now at 66% while Nepean has dropped from the 80% level to 50% now - it hasn't gone up with all the rain recently as it isn't falling in the catchment area). The same thing i is happening in a lot of these rural areas - falling on the ground but then running off to nothing and not into the dams.

We are facing a very bad bush fire season over the coming summer

Please continue to pray, if that is your belief, or whatever you may do, for rain in the right places for Australia and its farmers - and elsewhere in the world were rain is needed.
I learn so much here! Thank you for this! Isn't it possible to 'capture' this water that runs off? Don't these farms or ranches use rain water tanks for example?

And some leaders do not believe that climate change is a real and present danger for the world! Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The interesting thing with that is that he spent less time here during his gap year than Charles did during his school years but there is no where near the same feelings about Charles.

There is no 'soft spot' for Charles and he was here as a teenager, credits his time here with helping come to deal with his destiny, has been back many times and really is barely noticed (yes the real royal fans turn out to see him but for the future King he simply doesn't rate).

Australians can be fickle and Harry may very well find that Aussies change their attitude towards him as George etc grow and become the focus of the public's interest.
I think a lot of people still see Harry as the little boy walking behind his mother's coffin. That left an indelible impression in a lot of people's minds. Even when he had his troubles in his 20's...he still got a lot of sympathy. I think people are really glad to see him so happy, in love, married and now expecting a baby.

And I think that he has no problem with William's children taking attention from him. He knows full well that he has a short period until the focus shifts to his niece and nephews.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I learn so much here! Thank you for this! Isn't it possible to 'capture' this water that runs off? Don't these farms or ranches use rain water tanks for example?
I work for an agriculture related company. It's a guess every year in terms of what the crop will be like and how that will affect pricing for an entire supply chain. You can't really irrigate the entire farmland because it's just too costly and not sustainable over time. Weather does control how the year goes for the agriculture industry even with advancement in technology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
And I think that he has no problem with William's children taking attention from him. He knows full well that he has a short period until the focus shifts to his niece and nephews.
Agreed. In fact, I don't think Harry has issues with interest shifting. It is a huge burden in terms of how much attention is on him. He tries to work it to his advantage, but it's a fine line to walk. I have no doubt this couple would be happy doing their own thing advocating for the issues they care about in their own little part of the world once the frenzy dies down.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think most Aussies are just delighted to see the little boy behind the coffin all grown up and Happy with his wife. Harry and Meghan so delighted to settle down into raising a family and starting this new phase of their life together. And Aussies love seeing that. Especially these days with so many bad news stories on our news almost every day. It's just a relief to see a couple genuinely happy.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan and Harry looking so tropical sitting on the beach at Bondi.

Very warm despite the grey skies all over Sydney this morning - a thick fog still trying to lift.

Great photos in Daily Mail - (love the beached mermaid!)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndi-Beach.html
Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Meghan looking so tropical - and it is very warm despite the grey skies all over Sydney this morning.
I heard it's pretty muggy today?
Old 10-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I heard it's pretty muggy today?
Total blanket of fog all over the Harbour this morning jacqui24 - very warm, and all the moisture from the previouse wet days has caused this I guess.

Love how colourful everyone looks sitting in that circle.

Looks to be masses of spectators again - the line behind the barriers has extended into the waves! And water would be cold.

TV commentators saying thousands of people have gathered - people are going to be late for work, just gone 8.45am.

Now saying people in the crowd are telling the reporters they have flown from interstate to be there. And even from overseas!

So colourful - "Fluro Friday". Love the look of this event. Photos are going to be fun.

Harry and Meghan both waxing that surfboard.

Commentators saying they are already behind schedule.

What a great photo -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9899698299.jpg
Old 10-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

A little too kumbaya for me...but it's their gig

LaRae
Old 10-18-2018, 07:15 PM
Royal Highness

So Meghan was up at 4.30am this morning to fit in her yoga before all the day's action!

A lot of UK people getting their moment on Oz telly.

Lovely - Harry giving his leis to a couple of girls.

Love all the leis decorating the path railings.

Off to a West Sydney school now. Just gone 9.25am.

And blue sky at Bondi now as they interview one of the members of the beach group who did yoga before the couple joined them in the circle.

So many wonderful comments about Harry and Meghan from her encounter.

Emily Nash in channel 7's studio saying her UK newspaper's tomorrow's front page will be the Bondi photo of Meghan cradling her baby bump.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
So Meghan was up at 4.30am this morning to fit in her yoga before all the day's action!

A lot of UK people getting their moment on Oz telly.

Lovely - Harry giving his leis to a couple of girls.

Love all the leis decorating the path railings.

Off to a West Sydney school now. Just gone 9.25am.
She’s putting my lazy butt to shame. I don’t wake up until the absolute last minute.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
She’s putting my lazy butt to shame. I don’t wake up until the absolute last minute.
Mine as well.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
The joy of retirement is that I don't have to wake up unless I want to. Its not slow down and smell the roses around here but slow down and embrace your pillows. Meghan seems to have a lot more energy than I ever did with my three pregnancies.

I love that photo on the beach. Very colorful and I get the feeling that with Meghan being a California girl, she felt very much at home. No matter where this couple goes though, they're right at home and in the middle of it all and as someone said previously, part of the community rather than visiting dignitaries to be gawked at from a distance.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:15 PM
Aristocracy

So Megsie & Harry have now left Bondi. Next stop a visit with school students to talk about social justice & youth empowerment.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
A little too kumbaya for me...but it's their gig

LaRae

True. They only needed a tree to hug and a few dancing penguins.
Groovy.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I was enjoying a nice flashback there, Mueller, until I realized that my granny glasses are actually Granny glasses and if I mentioned The Electric Prunes to hubby, he'd go looking for the jar of prune juice instead of in my ancient LP collection. Those were the days though. Make love, not war and all that good stuffs.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Ahh! - more details now out.

Poor Meghan was up doing yoga in the bedroom at 4.30am this morning - not because she can't go a day without it - but because she was having a problem sleeping.

That let's you off jacqui24, Axeyman and Osipi.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Commoner

Someone gave her a bunch of carrots at the beach
Old 10-18-2018, 08:56 PM
Royal Highness

Looks like the couple went back to Admiralty House before heading to the school.

Live cross to there - fourteen motocycle outriders ready to go.

Meghan expected to be in a different outfit, of course.

Just coming up to 11.00am here and beautiful day now. Not a breath of wind for Bridge Climb later.

And now the helicopter has turned up.

(They didn't have it for early this morning - too dangerous, and pointless - with the heavy fog.)

Navy with a bold, light sky blue, hem dress for Meghan - just leaving now, another lovely wave to the cameras from both of them as the went out of the gates of Admiralty House.

Bouffant half-up hairstyle for Meghan.

Aerial footage as the motorcade is going up the Warringah Expressway - probably heading for the Lane Cove tunnel.

Despite the secrecy, a big crowd is gathering outside the school. The couple due to arrive in fifteen to twenty minutes.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

Channel 9 in Qld will be showing the Fraser Island Visit live from 10.30 am on Monday.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Channel 9 in Qld will be showing the Fraser Island Visit live from 10.30 am on Monday.
That's fantastic Axeyman - I really wanted to see that. Hope they have beautiful weather for all the photos and broadcasts.

Pranter has a clear photo of what looks to be the dress Meghan is wearing on the Maternity Fashion thread.

They're there! Macarthur Girls High.

Meghan looks co-ordinated with the dancers and the school uniform colours.

Bet they're feeling a bit of bite from that sunshine.

I like Meghan's hair - great with the shape of that dress.

Dance performance at the school - Harry and Meghan sitting just behind them, with the NSW Premier.

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/...d165835d0.ashx

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au/...12dc37205.ashx
Old 10-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Heir Apparent

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp1QCqjVsAEipww.jpg

Meghan has popped. So cute. She was holding her stomach a few times.