The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Rebecca English tweeted about a couple of places that they are visiting today that they cant tell us about yet. I thought the whole days schedule was known.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
We've had live crosses throughout normal programming this morning jacqui24 - every time something has happened.

We will have dedicated live coverage from 11.30am until 3.00pm - with ad breaks.

Hope you have a good tour day.

TV is showing the crowds awaiting the drive past.

Just gone 11.00am here and the car is about half way there - having a very good run at the moment.
Whew, I was worried for you guys in Australia. I love this couple, but even I couldn’t bear the entire live stream of their plane taxiing and the helicopter following them the entire way.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
Rebecca English tweeted about a couple of places that they are visiting today that they cant tell us about yet. I thought the whole days schedule was known.
It has been mentioned that there is an embargo on some engagements due to various reasons. The actual engagement tally is said to be over 80 in total.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
So is that a security thing - or are they hoping to avoid protesters.

Remember when William and Kate went to a Reception in Queensland and a woman sat down - was she breastfeeding her baby, that's how I remember it - in the entrance.

The police couldn't move her, but she was persuaded to step aside just before the couple got there.

And yes jacqui24 - that car is still on going, not there yet.

Boy did they clear that road for the green corridor - a three lane freeway road, with a side lane each side, and only the royal motocade on it!

Still to go over the Westgate Bridge.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe Rebecca and others have said today’s embargoed engagements are for security reasons.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Looks like Harry and Meghan are sitting in traffic due to a truck accident....wonder how far back they can push the events...they have 5 or 6 today.

LaRae
Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

Here is a live stream that doesn't have commercials

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXnrWENXxZ
Old 10-17-2018, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

Photos of Meghan departing Sydney for Melbourne - dress said to be "Ginger and Smart".

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9815710745.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9818183746.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9818183506.jpg
Old 10-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry folks but the endone is sending me to sleep and so I am not able to give my opinion on things as I had hoped.

I have Channel 7 on but I am sleeping for hours at a time and missing so much. Strange that I wasn't doing in the hospital but they say that as I will be doing a lot more at home to expect to be tired and in pain a lot more.

I missed most of Dubbo yesterday but I did get a phone call from my friends from Bathurst who went up and they told me it was a wonderful day although there were so many people there they barely saw more than Harry's balding head and didn't see anything of Meghan at all as she was too short. They bought some souvenirs and some for me as well. So something to look forward to. They couldn't even get a photo of the couple due to the size of the crowds.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Nobility

It's another Aussie designer - Dion Lee this time & pairing it with the (also Aussie) Michael Grant trench from day 1.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...-tour-outfits/
Old 10-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Sorry folks but the endone is sending me to sleep and so I am not able to give my opinion on things as I had hoped.

I have Channel 7 on but I am sleeping for hours at a time and missing so much. Strange that I wasn't doing in the hospital but they say that as I will be doing a lot more at home to expect to be tired and in pain a lot more.

I missed most of Dubbo yesterday but I did get a phone call from my friends from Bathurst who went up and they told me it was a wonderful day although there were so many people there they barely saw more than Harry's balding head and didn't see anything of Meghan at all as she was too short. They bought some souvenirs and some for me as well. So something to look forward to. They couldn't even get a photo of the couple due to the size of the crowds.
Best Wishes Iluvbertie.

Thanks for sharing your friends' first hand account of yesterday's activities.

Lucky Harry has long arms to reach those presents from people in the back in the crowd this morning!
Old 10-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Nobility

It's unfortunate that rerouting to because the traffic took soo long.

The original itinerary only had 15 mins for greeting crowds but clearly they didn't take into account the size of the crowds.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
It's another Aussie designer - Dion Lee this time & pairing it with the (also Aussie) Michael Grant trench from day 1.

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebri...-tour-outfits/

Thanks Chloep - commentators disappointed Meghan has her coat on.

Wonder if she will change through the day - especially for the beach event.

Bare feet will be ok there Meghan - you're in Australia after all.

Glad they're not rushing through the crowd to make up time.

Going to be an event on the lawn of Government House after the Reception inside.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Majesty

Well, I got here late, at around 9:30am. Masses of people lining up. I ended up on Harry's side of the barriers at Government House drive. Dear Harry was the same as ever, very warm and friendly with the crowds. I've seen him before at Sandringham (when he had a bit more hair!) He came past us, the crowds about five deep where I was, but people moving along where they could. Hard to tell, as people at the back are moving along with Harry all the time.

I managed to get the lady in front to give him my baby congrats card, he said something I couldn't catch. He was getting tons of cards and flowers etc. The cheering was very loud as you can hear on the broadcast, probably.

I saw Meghan in her camel coloured coat,over the other side (from a distance,) smaller than I expected somehow, though wearing heels. I'm so excited. They've got a great reception. A lot of squealing, what's more young people (and people holding up their cell phones.)
Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sounds like the visit to the Girls School yesterday was quite the experience for those Girls. As has been said, this is when Meghan being Biracial is such an asset, because she's also had to deal w/discrimination simply due to what she is instead of who she is. She truly can relate w/these Girls on many levels & that will mean so much to them. That a VIP visiting the School really & truly understands & gets it...It will have ripple effects for years to come.

Sun Lion, that doesn't surprise me regarding the Favourites for Wheelchair Rugby. That was last year's Gold Medal Final & the Danes are just unreal!! Their Supporters are also beyond loud!! That level of noise I expected from your fellow Aussies, but the Danes!?! My ears were ringing for a couple of hrs after the Game. That's how loud they were.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
It's unfortunate that rerouting to because the traffic took soo long.

The original itinerary only had 15 mins for greeting crowds but clearly they didn't take into account the size of the crowds.
I think something happened before they got to Melbourne Fros - late departure from Sydney or some such.

Maybe they slowed down the flight because the accident had already happened, and they needed time, before arriving, to work out what to do.

Commentators were saying they were due at Government House in fifteen minutes when the plane was still rolling to the terminal.

And it's a forty minute drive into the city centre, even without that truck losing it's load.

Looks like the change of route didn't lose them any time.

They had the carriageway completely to themselves.

The rest of Melbourne must have got gridlock though.

First from the actual truck accident, and then from the locking down of entrances to the freeway, in order to give the Royals the green corridor.

Being reported they spent half an hour with the crowd. I think this will just roll on, but people will be patient anyway and love seeing them when they get to the next event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, I got here late, at around 9:30am. Masses of people lining up. I ended up on Harry's side of the barriers at Government House drive. Dear Harry was the same as ever, very warm and friendly with the crowds. I've seen him before at Sandringham (when he had a bit more hair!) He came past us, the crowds about five deep where I was, but people moving along where they could. Hard to tell, as people at the back are moving along with Harry all the time.

I managed to get the lady in front to give him my baby congrats card, he said something I couldn't catch. He was getting tons of cards and flowers etc. The cheering was very loud as you can hear on the broadcast, probably.

I saw Meghan in her camel coloured coat,over the other side (from a distance,) smaller than I expected somehow, though wearing heels. I'm so excited. They've got a great reception. A lot of squealing, what's more young people (and people holding up their cell phones.)
Wonderful to have a first-hand account Curryong.

I bet you were excited!

Glad you were able to get your card to Harry.

Must be a happy, festive atmosphere to be in.

Did you see the guy complete in his Grenadier's uniform.

Some seem a bit overcome by it all -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9823843843.jpg

Nice photo, and Meghan's taken her coat off -

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9824543821.jpg
Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Majesty

Not him specifically but there were several people did dress up, wearing tiaras, tulle skirts etc. A few holding up signs. There was a toddler near me in a tiara and sparkley tights!
Old 10-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

The 2 embargoed engagements must be the visit to the primary school and the social enterprise cafe.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Not him specifically but there were several people did dress up, wearing tiaras, tulle skirts etc. A few holding up signs. There was a toddler near me in a tiara and sparkley tights!
How gorgeous does that sound - tiara and sparkley tights.

You'll have to scan the photos - you may be in there with eveyone else Curryong.

Now an interview on TV with the young lady photographed getting a hug from Harry - posted above.

So emotional - happy crying about it.

And an article about the overwhelmed you lady's encounter with Harry -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tocol-hug.html

And the photographers were ready for that - a shocked Meghan when that student demonstration went pop.

Those photos will be out soon.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 PM
Majesty

That's what I was surprised at actually, and pleased. The diversity of the crowds, mums and babies and older Aussies are to be expected in Royal crowds but there were teenagers there and people in their twenties and thirties. I think the Royal aides and the couple would be happy with the crowds in Melbourne today.

I think Meghan felt she needed that coat. There was a bit of a nip in the air early on, but it's now become a bit warmer.