The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2018, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can see why you posted the link Osipi, as the photos were excellent. Sadly I will be out for most of the day today.
It is nice to read our American friends are enjoying the coverage.

Piers Morgan is seriously twisted.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

I am enjoying the coverage and the baby news is an extra treat. Morgan is a joke now. He wanted to be pals with Meghan hoping she will give him an all access pass to the BRF. She wouldn't so now he drags her. The Tweet confirms his loser status. Piers is now reduced to starting beefs with the rich and famous to look relevant.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:48 PM
Royal Highness

Channel 7 is having Ben Mulroney join them in their Sydney studio next Monday morning - on "The Morning Show".

Both channels are commenting on the Piers Morgan thing - but he's just the lead in to a whole lot of praise and admiration for Meghan.

She is winning so many supporters over during the last two days.

And has anybody heard if Fortnum and Mason have sold out of "Royal Blend" tea yet?

I keep seeing reports that purple folders are no longer to be found - all gone.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Live from Government House, Melbourne.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vic...6a69d28cdbc507
Old 10-17-2018, 07:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Well... that didn't last very long. My disrespect for the Daily Fail has emerged once again in full force. I think Piers Morgan is a legend in his own mind and actually believes that anything he says is actually worth listening to. I do have to give the commentators of the Fail a bit of kudos as they pretty much jumped all over Morgan too.

Basically though, anything that does come out of Morgan's mouth should be regarded as a gust of foul air one would hope dissipates as soon as possible and forgotten. He's not worth paying attention to. About anything.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks for all the coverage so far.

Not least Sun Lion, who I would like to thank as often as you deserve, but you seem to have disabled receiving thanks, so instead you will get from me
Old 10-17-2018, 07:58 PM
Royal Highness

Truck accident in Melbourne could delay Harry and Meghan getting from the airport to Government House - which is in the city centre, in the Botanic Gardens.

The truck lost a shipping container and a trailer on the Tullamarine Freeway.

They had to close two lanes heading in the same direction as the Royal couple.

Already traffic is backed up for kilometres.

(Possibility the couple are using a different airport though - nobody has the details of where they will be landing.)

And the guy fom the jeans that Meghan wore yesterday just had a lengthy in studio interview.

Great how the TV shows are following up on various tour highlights - Daphne, Luke, and so on.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Truck accident in Melbourne could delay Harry and Meghan getting from the airport to Government House - which is in the city centre, in the Botanic Gardens.

The truck lost a shipping container and a trailer on the Tullamarine Freeway.

Already traffic is backed up for kilometres.

(Possibility the couple are using a different airport though - nobody has the details of where they will be landing.)
Oh, I hope nothing too bad happened. :(
Old 10-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for all the coverage so far.

Not least Sun Lion, who I would like to thank as often as you deserve, but you seem to have disabled receiving thanks, so instead you will get from me
Gosh did I Muhler! How did I do that!

Did you see Denmark may be the winners of the Wheelchair Rugby against Australia in the Invictus Games? It's going to be rugged apparently - take no prioners stuff.

Still a few days before Frederik will hit Sydney I guess.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's Bridge Climb.

I'm expecting great shots of Harry and the Prime Minister from a helicopter for that.

(Live coverage on our telly here of course, lucky, lucky us.)
Old 10-17-2018, 08:14 PM
Courtier

UGH...Pierce I think is still holding a huge grudge, and his comment was unnecessary.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliannaVictoria View Post
UGH...Pierce I think is still holding a huge grudge, and his comment was unnecessary.
Can you tell my why ?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Royal Highness

While we're all waiting for sight of Harry and Meghan in Melbourne, the TV show is having a discussion on whether the coming baby will be bi-lingual!

As in calling Meghan mummy or mommy!

And just saw some footage from Tuesday morning - a guy was running all over Sydney trying to give a bunch of flowers to Meghan. (Same guy, same flowers that Harry spoke to that is posted up thread.)

He actually started the day outside of Admiralty House with that bouquet and ran after the car shouting at the couple, flowers in the air. (On the footpath, no acutally on the road.)

What a mass of locals were on both sides of the street though that morning - awaiting a glimpse of the couple.

Hopefully that video will become a youtube - maybe from the guy himself! - and it can be shared.

Quick live cross to Melbourne - motorcycle outriders, vehicles and drivers all lined up awaiting the arrival.

And yes they are landing at Tullermarine Airport.

Delays on the freeway of five or six hours expected as a result of the truck losing it's load.

Security is having to do a quick working out of another route to the first destination.

Problem is, everyone else will be needing to re-route too.

Tullermarine is a major part of Melbourne - cargo and trucks and normal people travelling into Melbourne from the airport and that side of the city. Workers and I guess today, people hoping to see Harry and Meghan.

Now just after 10.30am and plane just landing, rolling down the tarmac.

Already running late apparently, due at Government House in just twenty-five minutes, and the plane is still taxi-ing to the terminal.

Sounds like they will be going over the big Westgate Bridge now to try and get into the city centre.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Can you tell my why ?
He was 'friendly' with Meghan in the past based on their same ideas about gun control in the U.S. IMO, he thought he could get an 'in' with the Royal Family through her, and when that didn't pan out, he spouts off at the mouth with sarcastic, rude and unnecessary comments.

Don't want to get this thread closed, and it's best in the BRF and the Media thread.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Majesty

Lots of people waiting
https://twitter.com/LizzieITV/status...02863628140544
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpvyBFjV4AAtIL1.jpg
Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
While we're all waiting for sight of Harry and Meghan in Melbourne, the TV show is having a discussion on whether the coming baby will be bi-lingual!

As in calling Meghan mummy or mommy!

And just saw some footage from Tuesday morning - a guy was running all over Sydney trying to give a bunch of flowers to Meghan. (Same guy, same flowers that Harry spoke to that is posted up thread.)

He actually started the day outside of Admiralty House with that bouquet and ran after the car shouting at the couple, flowers in the air. (On the footpath, no acutally on the road.)

What a mass of locals were on both sides of the street though that morning - awaiting a glimpse of the couple.

Hopefully that video will become a youtube - maybe from the guy himself! - and it can be shared.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1052314118345043969

Had me dying... haha
Old 10-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Nobility

According to Rebecca English on twitter several thousand are there to greet Harry and Meghan at Government house.

I truly believe one of the best things about this couple is their crowd work. We always end up with highlights of the people they met. Daphne and Luke from yesterday are now headlines around the world.

They have a great way of shinning a light on the unique crowds and people they meet.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The proof is in the pudding that persistence pays off and where there's a will, there's a way.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
Thanks so much Chloep - that's a video worth saving as a momento of the tour.

How about the size of those crowds outside Admiralty House, just to see the couple drive away.

That's amazing polyesco.

Everyone has Royal fever.

I think the crowds are just going to grow and grow as this tour goes on.

Walking down the steps of the plane now.

And Meghan is wearing - yes, a coat! (It is Melbourne after all.)

Looks like Tuesday's coat, over a long length navy coloured dress.

Going to be running late all day by the look of it - convoy just left the airport.

Due at Government House in fifteen minutes, but it is a forty minute drive, even without the accident and last minute changes to the route.

The will be given a green corridor into the city, but won't be on time.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I was watching live footage online from 7 News. Does it actually play on TV too or just a livestream?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I was watching live footage online from 7 News. Does it actually play on TV too or just a livestream?
We've had live crosses throughout normal programming this morning jacqui24 - every time something has happened.

We will have dedicated live coverage from 11.30am until 3.00pm - with ad breaks.

Hope you have a good tour day.

TV is showing the crowds awaiting the drive past.

Just gone 11.00am here and the car is about half way there - having a very good run at the moment.