The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2018, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...67e91c73b32d90

"You can’t give flowers that big to my wife, what is that all about?" Oh Harry.

I always loved his cheekiness, but he's definitely been in extra fine form.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

"Are you Fair Dinkum!!!" Would mean. Are you for real. Are you telling the truth!! It is a phrase not used very often these days.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...67e91c73b32d90

"You can’t give flowers that big to my wife, what is that all about?" Oh Harry.

I always loved his cheekiness, but he's definitely been in extra fine form.

Now that was priceless!! 🤣🤣. Great find!!
Old 10-16-2018, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry is also a little shy talking about the baby at the end of his speech. So sweet! I bet he's still pinching himself.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Tea and beer at Admiralty House. Harry makes a speech.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...2fc7cdabc89546
Old 10-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

Apparently there has been an extra engagement added to the tour. Does anyone know where and what it is.

I noticed that at this afternoons engagement at Admiralty House that Meghan was talking to one of Australia's most popular singers in Missy Higgins, and her young baby
Old 10-16-2018, 03:50 AM
Nobility

Day 1 was fantastic.
Coming off the baby announcement Meghan's dress was beautiful, and an Australian designer. The first gift for their baby was a cute moment.

They got their usual shots with the Koalas and the Sydney opera house in. Opening the new center at the Zoo and had a look around.

Harry and Meghan's meeting with Daphne was heart warming and will likely be one of the best of the tour.

The couple knows how to work a crowd and are always great during walk about.

The crowd from the last tweet I saw from Rhiannon Mills has the crowd at 4000 people but I found the setup was done so that the crowds were very spread out. The line was much longer than the length of the building and it was reported the Sussexes were able to make their way all the way down the line so they were able to meet more people with this set up rather than everyone crammed into a smaller place.

Harry gave a great speech at the reception you can tell how nervous he was to mention the baby.

A great first day. Dubbo looks like it's going to be amazing but rainy day.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely first day and great weather, can't wait for the Dubbo visit!
Old 10-16-2018, 08:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful to see all these crowds so enthousiastic…. how beautiful and likeable they are !
Old 10-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Question is how is the picnic going to happen with the rain? I think the people are showing up no matter what given the reports about Dubbo and surrounding areas.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:36 AM
Majesty

I wonder if they will meet Prime Minister of New Zealand's baby daughter.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:48 AM
Royal Highness

I do that too - get off a long-haul flight, hit the gym, then check out the local sweetie selection.

Meghan's friends photographed in Sydney.

Soon it will be David and Victoria ... and who know who else.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-11-store.html

(Good to see they had the chance at some Tim Tams there.)
Old 10-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The babies of various Oz animals are called joeys Daenys - baby kangaroos, baby koalas, baby wombats, baby possums, baby wallabies, baby pademelons.

But baby platypus and echidna are called puggles, which is cute too.

Platypus and echidna are different to the other Oz marsupials - they hatch out of eggs, but then drink milk from their mums. (And the males have venom too!)

Joeys get born as practically embryos and then climb up their mother's bodies and find the pouch, attach to the teat in the pouch and stay there until they actually grow into something bigger with fur.

Then they pop their heads out!

All totally weird really.
Yep, that's Australia alright !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I wonder if they will meet Prime Minister of New Zealand's baby daughter.
I reckon so.

Jac' seems a decent lady and PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This tour has barely begun and the Invictus Games haven't even started yet but already this tour has captured the interest of people not only Down Under, but worldwide.

If the start is anything to go by, this entire tour is going to be an overwhelming success.

I'm still smiling and thinking of Harry and Meghan and Daphne.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Local reporter about Dubbo.

@BrigidWD

"biggest mistake - assuming the royal picnic in Dubbo will be sparsely attended so I will get to "see" the royals without a step ladder/ media pass -- and instead am told there will be about 30,000 people there."

According to her many of the neighboring towns are joining in on the fun. Lots of busses coming in. Sounds like it will be an amazing time for all. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad. They calling for rain.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Heir Apparent

That's consistent with Iluvbertie's comments yesterday about the surrounding areas in Dubbo.

And I'm actually really concerned for all given the weather forecast.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Saw that Dubbo sold out of plastic rain ponchos a few days before Harry and Meghan arrived in Oz, ACO, jacqui24.

One shop was expecting another eight pallets of stock on the Monday - and thought it would all be gone again by today. (Not just ponchos of course, but camp chairs, paper crowns, things people will snap up for today.)

No matter what the conditions are in Dubbo, I can't see people being put off - the town has been celebrating for a couple of weeks already by the look of the reports.

We were so lucky yesterday with the amazing weather here in Sydney.

Good job the couple are going inland today - really rough and turbulent wind back now, howling through.

Fun reports and photos coming out of Admiralty House - first the yoga mat lady photographed going in Monday, and now a Menulog takeaway delivery - said to be curry - seen being handled over the high front gates.

I wonder if Meghan and her friend got to meet up there too last night - a night off for the couple after the busy day.

Looking forward to the action today. Have a great tour day everyone.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the story of Harry meeting the elderly lady who often turns out for royal visits again.
The photos from the trip so far have been great; Harry and Meghan are both wonderful with the public so I'm sure this will be a fun tour.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-16-2018, 05:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Question is how is the picnic going to happen with the rain? I think the people are showing up no matter what given the reports about Dubbo and surrounding areas.
This is Australia - when a planned outdoor event is scheduled it would have to be something massive for a bit of rain to cancel it. If it was a thunder storm sure inside or if it was belting down with possible flooding but a bit of light rain will see things happen with umbrellas and other things.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think this time around though, Daphne meeting Harry was pretty much planned as there were reports of her getting her hair done and all set to see her friend. Its still remarkable and its a story that will stay in people's mind for a long time. I thought about Daphne myself when I heard that Harry and Meghan were going to be in Sydney again and meet and greet with the crowds.

Its heartwarming to know that in Sydney, Australia there is one very happy 98 year old woman that has captured Harry's heart. No other woman, I think, could come close and that makes Daphne so special. I do hope she does get to see Harry and Meghan again with their wee little one. That would be icing on the cake.