The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2018, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know the time they start their first event today? 9:00am Sydney time?

Old 10-15-2018, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Do we know the time they start their first event today? 9:00am Sydney time?
Supposedly, the official welcome starts at 9AM-
https://mobile.twitter.com/Gertsroya...46708631003136

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Nobility

Little round up of today's schedule:

Quote:
Day 1 – Sydney, Australia
  • The tour will begin at Admiralty House, the official Sydney residence of the Governor-General of Australia.
  • At a welcome reception they will meet with representatives from each of the countries participating in the Invictus Games.
  • Following the reception, the couple will then visit ​Taronga Zoo and open the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning.
  • In the afternoon the Duke and Duchess will travel by boat to the Royal Opera House and watch a performance of Spirit 2018, by the Bangarra Dance Theatre.
  • After viewing the performance, they will meet with members of the public outside the Opera House.
  • Their day will conclude with a reception hosted by the Governor General at Admiralty House.
I am counting 3 outfits.
1) morning reception 2) Zoo, Opera House & Meet+Greet 3) evening reception
Old 10-15-2018, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

The royal correspondents are saying 9AM Sydney Time. So 6PM EST/3PM PST. For those in US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
And now we know about the baby Kataryn - so lovely.
I read that as Kataryn's having a baby. I was like "Geez! How many people are having babies?!?!?"
Old 10-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you. So in half an hour it will begin, very exciting!!! They have a packed agenda for today, they will be so busy with this tour.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

And there she is!

https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...55720453836800
Old 10-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

LIVE VIDEO COVERAGE:
ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

They've received their first royal baby gifts from GG of Australia. A stuffed kangaroo and its joey. And a pair of UGGS (I believe?).
Old 10-15-2018, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

9am Sydney time there was a photo op on the lawn at Admiralty house with the Opera house in the background. Meghan looks lovely wearing a white Fitted sleeveless shift dress by Sydney designer Karen G. Very nice.
Now time for Toys. Our GG presented the couple with a stuffed kangaroo with a baby joey in its pouch and a pair of ugg booties.

So meeting the public now - they will be inundated with Toys Toys Toys.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Yea. I can definitely see why she kept her coat on on Friday. There is no way they would've gone through this tour without the media going wild if they didn't make the announcement yesterday.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yea. I can definitely see why she kept her coat on on Friday. There is no way they would've gone through this tour without the media going wild if they didn't make the announcement yesterday.
Yep, and while she seems to be widening for now - they are touring for over 2 weeks. In the 2nd trimester a bump can protrude practically over night. Best to address it head on and not play hide and seek.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Is it just me or is Harry extra "hands-on" today? He must have had to try so hard keeping himself in check in public without raising red flags. I don't think he wants to not either hold her hand or touch her back at all if he could help it.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Is it just me or is Harry extra "hands-on" today? He must have had to try so hard keeping himself in check in public without raising red flags. I don't think he wants to not either hold her hand or touch her back at all if he could help it.
Yeah, he seems pretty handsy. Can't even let go of her hand for long enough to switch sides or stroke her back. I mean he did perfect the 'hand switch behind the back' trick over the past couple months, but he is too antsy today to pull it off smoothly. haha
Old 10-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
Yeah, he seems pretty handsy. Can't even let go of her hand for long enough to switch sides or stroke her back. I mean he did perfect the 'hand switch behind the back' trick over the past couple months, but he is too antsy today to pull it off smoothly. haha
Did you catch the way he was looking at her when they got the kangaroo? He must have been dying in the last few weeks in public.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I noticed that too. He is very handsy with his Duchess. They are finding that Sir Peter Cosgrove our Governor General is a lovely warm down to earth chap. And they can easily relax around him and his wife. He is ex army. So he and Harry might find something in common to talk about.

Now the couple are off to the Sydney Opera House by boat.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

BTW, I feel sorry for the assistant that had to run out and get the UGG booties last night after the announcement came around prime time in Australia.

https://twitter.com/MirrorRoyal/stat...65220862787584

Gorgeous photo.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are going to Taronga Park Zoo by boat as well. So I am a little confused if going to the Opera house first or not. Will see shortly.
As I said yesterday the Zoo sits on prime harbourside land. The giraffes certainly get a great view of the harbour.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
They are going to Taronga Park Zoo by boat as well. So I am a little confused if going to the Opera house first or not. Will see shortly.
As I said yesterday the Zoo sits on prime harbourside land. The giraffes certainly get a great view of the harbour.
They are supposed to head to the Zoo first and continue on to the Opera House to see a shortened piece and after meet the public.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Chloep. They are expecting the Duchess to change before the boat trip.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:19 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah, I didn't think she would do the zoo in a white dress!