The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2018, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Im confused as to why they didn’t arrive on an Air Force jet and are they not having a public arrival?

Old 10-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Their first event is tomorrow.

They didn't come on an air force jet because they aren't senior enough. That is reserved for The Queen and Charles and maybe William - the future Kings.

Today is a 'rest day' - their only one on the tour.

Their first public event will be tomorrow at the Opera House.

They aren't senior enough for the official welcome at the airport that Charles and William get. They had the same level of welcome as Andrew last year and Edward earlier this year.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Im confused as to why they didn’t arrive on an Air Force jet and are they not having a public arrival?
No. They Really flying commercial.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Is their first event tomorrow?

LaRae
16 October - The first day of the tour will begin in Sydney at Admiralty House, the official Sydney residence of the Governor-General of Australia, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove and Lady Cosgrove, who will welcome them to his home which offers spectacular views across Sydney Harbour. Representatives from each of the eighteen countries who are participating in the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 will be present.

The Duke and Duchess will then travel to Taronga Zoo to officially open the new Taronga Institute of Science and Learning. During this visit, which will also be attended by the New South Wales (NSW) Premier, The Duke and Duchess will meet two koalas and their joeys that are part of the Zoo’s breeding programme, and visit the laboratory to meet female conservation scientists who are working on efforts to reduce illegal wildlife trafficking.

To depart the Zoo, The Duke and Duchess will travel by vessel across Sydney Harbour to the Sydney Opera House. Once inside, Their Royal Highnesses will view a rehearsal of Spirit 2018 by the Bangarra Dance Theatre, an internationally acclaimed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander modern dance company. Upon departure, walking along the Opera House forecourt, The Duke and Duchess will have an opportunity to meet members of the public.

The first day of the visit will conclude with a Reception hosted by the Governor-General at Admiralty House, to be attended by Australians from a broad range of sectors including charity and community, business and industry, arts and culture, sport and entertainment.

Mad About Meghan: Meghan's Calendar
Old 10-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I will have to stop posting as I live in Queensland and NSW, Victoria etc our now on Daylight saving time and we are not. So my clocks are one hour behind. So its up to Sun Lion and Bertie etc to keep you all informed.

They did say today is a rest day for the couple after that long flight.
My time is 6.55 am Sydney time now is 7.55 am.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness

And the rain is back!

Those low clouds are now lower, and like a fog over the Harbour.

Live coverage from outside Admiralty House showing a lot of spectators.

Can hear the helicopters outside - crossing the Bridge now.

Coming up to 8.00am.

Heavy Monday morning traffic on the live cross - lots of workers getting a quick glimpse of them going by.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:57 PM
Majesty

Excited that they've arrived. I'll be seeing them in Melbourne on Thursday. Some British media are here already. Chris Ship was funny about the swooping Aussie magpies. Someone on his Twitter advised the old trick of wearing a used ice cream container on his head!
Old 10-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

I will only be able to update from the TV coverage and I will be on Channel 7. I may miss tomorrow morning as I am going home and Friday and Tuesday mornings after that as I have to come back to the rehab centre for more therapy but the upside for me is I will be able to watch most of the tour via the TV.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:04 PM
Royal Highness

At Admiralty House.

Some squeals from the crowd.

Seeing them out of the cars from the helicopter footage.

And into the house they go.

And sky brightening again.

Hope it clears - want Meghan to do some yoga in the garden.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

They are now at Admiralty House. There was a small crowd to greet them. Remember they will only have had a quick glimpse as they went past.

That will be it for the day - unless they are seen in the grounds of Admiralty House but that should be 'private time' and not a 'public event'.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

They aren't senior enough for the official welcome at the airport that Charles and William get. They had the same level of welcome as Andrew last year and Edward earlier this year.
On their recent Baltics tours, Edward and Sophie got this type of welcome in Latvia, https://twitter.com/UKinLatvia/statu...69373973831681
Would this be considered the same level and is it because they were going straight into official engagements?
Old 10-14-2018, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I was talking about into Australia not other countries - sorry didn't make that clear.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

Daily Mail already has photos and video up online -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...entourage.html

Rain has really set in now - at least not wild and windy.

A thumbs up from Harry before getting in the car.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-1...ydney/10376108

Harry in the doorway of Admiratly House. (Meghan went in ahead.)

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2...9552455815.jpg
Old 10-14-2018, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Their first event is tomorrow.

They didn't come on an air force jet because they aren't senior enough. That is reserved for The Queen and Charles and maybe William - the future Kings.

Today is a 'rest day' - their only one on the tour.

Their first public event will be tomorrow at the Opera House.

Thank you for the explanation Iluvbertie. I'm glad that this rest day has been built into their itinerary as they will need the opportunity to adjust to the time difference. Looking forward to their first event.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Qantas A380 Airbus first class has beds with a sheep skin mattress cover. No wonder they looked refreshed upon arrival. They most likely had the chance for a good snooze. I certainly hope so.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Qantas A380 Airbus first class has beds with a sheep skin mattress cover. No wonder they looked refreshed upon arrival. They most likely had the chance for a good snooze. I certainly hope so.
No wonder they were smiling! Quantas certainly treats its FC passengers well.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

I can't wait for this tour to officially jump off. This is going to be fun.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Let’s get this party started!

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-14-2018, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have done this flight a number of times over the years - on BA not QANTAS and in business class. I was rest perfectly and able to go to work within a couple of hours of landing (landed 6.00 a.m. and at work at 8.00 a.m.) I couldn't do that if I travelled economy or premium economy but can in the lie flat beds in business class. It is nice to have the extra day to relax but isn't really necessary in my opinion.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

I think that depends a lot on the individual, how well s/he is able to sleep with noise and movement in the cabin, and also the direction of the flight. We do a fair number of long-haul flights in business class, and sometimes I feel perfectly fine, and sometimes I feel as though I am walking through cold molasses. IMO a day tacked on to the front end of the trip was very smart, because you just never know how jet lag is going to hit you.