Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to this Tour!! The first one for a Newlywed Royal Couple is so special. [emoji4]. Especially looking forward to the Fiji stop & Meghan’s Solo Tour Debut. Not looking forward to the predictable comparisons between her & Kate, when she made those remarks at the Children’s Hospice twinned w/EACH for her first speech during a Tour when the Cambridges were Down Under. Hate it’s going to happen at all, but...Sigh!!

I really hope some of our Sydney Members will be attending the Invictus Games. Believe me, you will come away a changed person & be blown away by what you witness. Oh and quite possibly hooked on Para Sport too. I already was, but watching Wheelchair Rugby live for the first time last year, after watching it on Streams or TV for a few years!?! Made me an even bigger fan!! The hits they dish out & take...I was amazed the chairs didn’t fly apart at that instant. [emoji1]

Really, really looking forward to the coming days. [emoji4]

And brilliant sun over the Harbour - how wonderful.

They're expected to take the most direct route to Admiralty House.

Eastern Distributor, Cahill Expressway and over the Bridge into the suburb of Kirribilli.

Great views of the Harbour for them.

Omid being interviewed again - saying Invictus Games are almost sold out and some suprise guests, friends of Harry coming.

I saw that picture of the Danish Royals holding up a flag with Invictus Games writte on it. Maybe Fred and Mary come to Sydney, too?

I saw that picture of the Danish Royals holding up a flag with Invictus Games writte on it. Maybe Fred and Mary come to Sydney, too?

That was a great photo Kataryn.

Only Frederik is meant to be coming to Sydney though.

I can't remember the actual dates, but for about six days.

Also reported as coming is Invictus Ambassador David Beckham, who will be running a soccer clinic.

The TV channels here in Australia said this morning that Victoria will be here too.

They also hinted that several well-known people will be popping up at the Games - people Harry knows personally.

Coming up to 6.00pm in the evening here now and the TV channels have had reporters outside the gates of Admiratly House all day and done live crossovers to them, but no sign of the couple since this morning.

And it's cold and windy now.

Lots of fun today, though nothing much really happened.

Busy, busy day tomorrow with so many events.

Looking forward to seeing more of the couple.

Footage of Harry and Meghan strolling in the garden of Admiralty House has been taken.

And Harry was filmed sitting on the outside stone steps for ages have a great discussion with someone - Daily Mail has the footage.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...v7JHcqx36VMveLFiUQJkUOrQ1fr5mQi2vzN1uzJRkucGD

https://www.9news.com.au/videos/nat...-in-admiralty-house/cjn9vuhy700270go1h48gcxqb

https://honey.nine.com.au/2018/10/15/16/57/meghan-markle-prince-harry-admiralty-house-sydney

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...hqzGwZgQmGsmSO17M-A9qgGFEwicc52sU5xspekhZRfeK

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...PzMlcp_BeE_IAnHucef5CN7mwnp2Na800T6CTFHLEEtoE

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...00000578-6276637-image-a-16_1539588032527.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...db0R7_LAPnXUMRlqebhRHLk5qvcdeJEfkHLAx_pacwL9k

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...sIVgNIFjxxYiLNYc2LZLOU7QczKAJTdDbvNvNViZhZOVd

Can't blame them, when its wasn't raining today, and before the wind got up, there were several periods of lovely and warm sunshine.

But no privacy at Admiralty House.

The garden at the front can be seen from a couple of streets - it's at an intersection.

One side has no garden - just a fence with a public walkway and steps.

The front and other side have lovely grounds, but anyone going by in a ferry can see what you're doing.

No helicopters though - they left early this morning after the couple went indoors.

And either Meghan bought her yoga mat with her - or had a pre-arrangement with a Sydney yoga teacher.

A lady was photographed entering Admiralty House yesterday carrying yoga gear.

Last edited:
It's always so lovely to see them walk together hand in hand - thus, they share so much intimacy while communicating with each other - a good foundation for a marriage.

KP says nothing has changed regarding the tour and Meghan will still travel to Tonga and Fiji.

Guys, don’t forget to post the links to the Live Coverage of the Royal Tour.

We'll likely see the first photos of the couple post baby announcement in less than an hour!

It's always so lovely to see them walk together hand in hand - thus, they share so much intimacy while communicating with each other - a good foundation for a marriage.

And now we know about the baby Kataryn - so lovely.

Better weather today - warm, but windy.

(Plenty of cloud about though to mess things up if the weather fairies want to play havoc.)

Have a great tour day fellow posters. I'm busy today, so will have to catch up on everything late.

Hope it all goes well - everyone will be congratulating the couple on the baby news.

Do we know the time they start their first event today? 9:00am Sydney time?

Little round up of today's schedule:

Day 1 – Sydney, Australia

• The tour will begin at Admiralty House, the official Sydney residence of the Governor-General of Australia.
  • At a welcome reception they will meet with representatives from each of the countries participating in the Invictus Games.
  • Following the reception, the couple will then visit ​Taronga Zoo and open the Taronga Institute of Science and Learning.
  • In the afternoon the Duke and Duchess will travel by boat to the Royal Opera House and watch a performance of Spirit 2018, by the Bangarra Dance Theatre.
  • After viewing the performance, they will meet with members of the public outside the Opera House.
  • Their day will conclude with a reception hosted by the Governor General at Admiralty House.

I am counting 3 outfits.
1) morning reception 2) Zoo, Opera House & Meet+Greet 3) evening reception

Last edited:
The royal correspondents are saying 9AM Sydney Time. So 6PM EST/3PM PST. For those in US.

And now we know about the baby Kataryn - so lovely.

I read that as Kataryn's having a baby. I was like "Geez! How many people are having babies?!?!?":lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. So in half an hour it will begin, very exciting!!! They have a packed agenda for today, they will be so busy with this tour.

They've received their first royal baby gifts from GG of Australia. A stuffed kangaroo and its joey. And a pair of UGGS (I believe?).

9am Sydney time there was a photo op on the lawn at Admiralty house with the Opera house in the background. Meghan looks lovely wearing a white Fitted sleeveless shift dress by Sydney designer Karen G. Very nice.
Now time for Toys. Our GG presented the couple with a stuffed kangaroo with a baby joey in its pouch and a pair of ugg booties.

So meeting the public now - they will be inundated with Toys Toys Toys.

Yea. I can definitely see why she kept her coat on on Friday. There is no way they would've gone through this tour without the media going wild if they didn't make the announcement yesterday.

Yea. I can definitely see why she kept her coat on on Friday. There is no way they would've gone through this tour without the media going wild if they didn't make the announcement yesterday.

Yep, and while she seems to be widening for now - they are touring for over 2 weeks. In the 2nd trimester a bump can protrude practically over night. Best to address it head on and not play hide and seek.

Is it just me or is Harry extra "hands-on" today? :lol: He must have had to try so hard keeping himself in check in public without raising red flags. I don't think he wants to not either hold her hand or touch her back at all if he could help it. :lol:

Is it just me or is Harry extra "hands-on" today? :lol: He must have had to try so hard keeping himself in check in public without raising red flags. I don't think he wants to not either hold her hand or touch her back at all if he could help it. :lol:

Yeah, he seems pretty handsy. Can't even let go of her hand for long enough to switch sides or stroke her back. I mean he did perfect the 'hand switch behind the back' trick over the past couple months, but he is too antsy today to pull it off smoothly. haha

Yeah, he seems pretty handsy. Can't even let go of her hand for long enough to switch sides or stroke her back. I mean he did perfect the 'hand switch behind the back' trick over the past couple months, but he is too antsy today to pull it off smoothly. haha

Did you catch the way he was looking at her when they got the kangaroo? He must have been dying in the last few weeks in public. :lol:

I noticed that too. He is very handsy with his Duchess. They are finding that Sir Peter Cosgrove our Governor General is a lovely warm down to earth chap. And they can easily relax around him and his wife. He is ex army. So he and Harry might find something in common to talk about.

Now the couple are off to the Sydney Opera House by boat.

They are going to Taronga Park Zoo by boat as well. So I am a little confused if going to the Opera house first or not. Will see shortly.
As I said yesterday the Zoo sits on prime harbourside land. The giraffes certainly get a great view of the harbour.

They are going to Taronga Park Zoo by boat as well. So I am a little confused if going to the Opera house first or not. Will see shortly.
As I said yesterday the Zoo sits on prime harbourside land. The giraffes certainly get a great view of the harbour.

They are supposed to head to the Zoo first and continue on to the Opera House to see a shortened piece and after meet the public.

Thanks Chloep. They are expecting the Duchess to change before the boat trip.

Yeah, I didn't think she would do the zoo in a white dress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom