The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2018, 02:14 AM
Royal Highness

So Harry and Meghan will actually be meeting their NSW's wedding present - "Harry" and "Meghan" when they visit those koala joeys at Taronga.

Just like Prince George met "Prince George" the bilby.

They were/are due to emerge from their mothers' pouches in time for the tour - and the story was that it wasn't known what gender they are, but they will be keeping those names.

I think this is the building the couple will be officially opening at the zoo -

http://nbrsarchitecture.com/2018/08/...of-excellence/

Old 10-10-2018, 03:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

By the way Taronga Park Zoo in Sydney, just happens to be situated on some of the most Expensive real estate in Sydney. Most of the Zoo animals enjoy excellent Harbour views.
I visited the zoo in about 1966 with mum.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:08 AM
Nobility

Looking at the weather for this trip the Sussexes will be battling the elements. Conditions can always change by the time the Sussexes get there but looks like most of their time in Australia will be rather rainy and cloudy.

Ironically considering they are there to learn more about the drought there seem to be have a 90% chance of some rain in Dubbo the day the Sussexes visit. As it stands now the first day with some sunshine seems to be on the 19 and 20th and the most sunny day so far seems to be their day in Fraser Island on the 22.

Fiji also shows thunderstorms and cloudy weather in store for the dates the Sussexes are there expect for a sunny day on the 25th in Nadi Fiji where they will only be for part of the day.

Tonga also seem cloudy and mixed with showers on the dates they visit. Back to Sydney for another cloudy day.

Day 1 in Wellington New Zealand is only cloudy while day 2 will have showers. Auckland NZ will be cloudy mixed with some sunshine and mostly cloudy for the final day of the tour in Rotura, NZ

Hopefully the weather clears up by then especially at the places they are visiting on the second half of the tour but doesn't look like the Sussexes will be under bright and sunny skies for most of the tour.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Channel 7 promoting their coverage of the royal tour.

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/statu...95017548337152
Old 10-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fros View Post
Looking at the weather for this trip the Sussexes will be battling the elements. Conditions can always change by the time the Sussexes get there but looks like most of their time in Australia will be rather rainy and cloudy.

Ironically considering they are there to learn more about the drought there seem to be have a 90% chance of some rain in Dubbo the day the Sussexes visit. As it stands now the first day with some sunshine seems to be on the 19 and 20th and the most sunny day so far seems to be their day in Fraser Island on the 22.

Fiji also shows thunderstorms and cloudy weather in store for the dates the Sussexes are there expect for a sunny day on the 25th in Nadi Fiji where they will only be for part of the day.

Tonga also seem cloudy and mixed with showers on the dates they visit. Back to Sydney for another cloudy day.

Day 1 in Wellington New Zealand is only cloudy while day 2 will have showers. Auckland NZ will be cloudy mixed with some sunshine and mostly cloudy for the final day of the tour in Rotura, NZ

Hopefully the weather clears up by then especially at the places they are visiting on the second half of the tour but doesn't look like the Sussexes will be under bright and sunny skies for most of the tour.
Weather forecasts this far out are not totally reliable though. Hopefully there will be some nice days
Old 10-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Majesty

We've had quite a cold and windy Spring. However it might improve later this month. Hope so, as we want to show off some of our sights to Harry and Meghan (plus the media contingent.) I also want the weather to be good for the IG. So here's hoping those forecasts are inaccurate.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Nobility

It's been confimed by the Danish palace that CP Frederik will attend the Invictus Games from october 21- 26. So he won't be there for the opening or closing ceremonies and the Sussexes and CP Frederick only have the 21st when everyone will both be in Sydney at the same time.

Do you think we might see them meeting and interact on that day?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

The whole Eastern side of Australia, from the bottom to the top, has been having this wild and destructive Spring weather.

Have a look at the injuries this woman got when hail smashed her car windows.

Have to hope it all settles down by next week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-tornado.html
Old 10-11-2018, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am wondering whether an extra visit will be added to their itinerary to visit the areas devastated in the storm yesterday in Qld. It has happened before where a visit to an area that suffered a massive natural disaster that a royal has visited e.g. William and Kate to the Blue Mountains that had been devastated with the bush first, Charles and Diana visited the sites affected by the Black Friday fires and Anne flew out especially to visit the site of the massive fires in Victoria. It may not be possible of course but if it is possible it would be great for them to visit one or both of towns affected.

I should point out that for William and Kate and Charles and Diana their visits were included in their itineraries before they left the UK due to the time difference between the event and the visit. Anne's visit was specifically for the memorial service etc and again was a few weeks after the event. That is why I said it might not be possible but if it is it would be great.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

That'd be nice. Although, they really didn't leave much room in the schedule. Unless they decide to make a special trip on the 15th.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Hope so too.

The NSW Government has released some information about where members of the general public may get to see Harry and Meghan -

https://www.nsw.gov.au/news-and-even...ry-and-meghan/
Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Aristocracy

For people in Australia 🇦🇺 here is an Updated Channel 7 coverage of the Royal tour.

Tuesday 16th October
11.30-1.00 Seven News Special: Royal Tour
3.00-4.00 Seven News Special: Royal Tour

Wednesday 17th October
11.30-2.00 Seven News Special: The Royal Tour

Thursday 18th October
11.30-3.00 Seven News Special: The Royal Tour

Friday 19th October
3:00 pm The Royal Tour Harbour Bridge Climb

This is on top of the coverage that will be on Sunrise plus the evening 6pm news.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
For people in Australia 🇦🇺 here is an Updated Channel 7 coverage of the Royal tour.

Tuesday 16th October
11.30-1.00 Seven News Special: Royal Tour
3.00-4.00 Seven News Special: Royal Tour

Wednesday 17th October
11.30-2.00 Seven News Special: The Royal Tour

Thursday 18th October
11.30-3.00 Seven News Special: The Royal Tour

Friday 19th October
3:00 pm The Royal Tour Harbour Bridge Climb

This is on top of the coverage that will be on Sunrise plus the evening 6pm news.
Hold on. Are they airing the same special 4 times, or is that dedicated to covering what they did on tour that day?
Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

The times relate to Channel 7s coverage every day. It's not a repeat of the previous day.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeyman View Post
The times relate to Channel 7s coverage every day. It's not a repeat of the previous day.
Do they really think there will be enough things each day to generate hours of coverage? I mean I'll follow it everyday, but if I do the timing, it's a lot of time to spend on airing each engagement for a TV station.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Do they really think there will be enough things each day to generate hours of coverage? I mean I'll follow it everyday, but if I do the timing, it's a lot of time to spend on airing each engagement for a TV station.
Well they will be doing 3 to 5 engagements a day. The day in Sussex literally was hours long. So yeah I think they can fill that time up if they are live there as it happening. Quite easily in fact.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Well they will be doing 3 to 5 engagements a day. The day in Sussex literally was hours long. So yeah I think they can fill that time up if they are live there as it happening. Quite easily in fact.
I know they can fill up air time of them doing engagements. But usually, by the time it gets on the show, most footage ends up on the editing room floor. They only show highlights. Honestly, unless you are a big fan of the couple, do you really want to watch the entire walkabout?
Old 10-12-2018, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I know they can fill up air time of them doing engagements. But usually, by the time it gets on the show, most footage ends up on the editing room floor. They only show highlights. Honestly, unless you are a big fan of the couple, do you really want to watch the entire walkabout?

This is not unusual jacqui24.

If a live cross can be done, it will all be broadcast - every little thing.

We had the same when William and Kate came out.

Hours of them walking up the stairs of the plane to go off somewhere, the cars travelling along the road - filmed from a helicopter.

Hours of footage when they were on the beach, indoors talking to people in the Blue Mts., in the Parliment in Canberra, and so on and so on.

Literally hours and hours - I used to have it all, finally had to delete.

I'm expecting Queensland TV to be particularly all over the Fraser Island coverage

A formal panel, all dressed up.

This expert and that, talking about each and every little thing.

Someone from the fashion world to discuss Meghan's outfit.

Someone to inform us of Royal things.

A host for the panel.

Someone who's - in this case - an expert on Fraser Island.

At least five or six people in the studio.

Then crossing back and forth to those in the field at different points.

NSW, and possibly Victoria, will be less formal - but same format. Less dressed up and a few less talking heads in the studio.

The breakfast shows, morning news, afternoon news, evening news and current affair shows will drench us in coverage.

But, it is the live crosses/live coverage where massive footage is broadcast, no cuts, no edits.

Can't believe it's almost happening.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, Aussies take their royals seriously.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

That is only Channel 7 - who are advertising themselves as 'the royal channel' and claimed to have the only cameras inside the chapel for Eugenie's wedding. They were the first to announce they were giving live coverage of the service remember.

The other stations will also do coverage - maybe not as extensive - but maybe it will be.

Fortunately, for me, the only session on that list I will miss will be the first on Tuesday as that is when I will be travelling home and I have to do some basic fresh food shopping but after that I will be at home for the rest. They even have arranged the Friday events so I can get back to rehab and home again and miss nothing ... well done Harry for arranging that for me.