Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the media is trying (again) to pressure an announcement.

LaRae

I believe it's going to be tomorrow. I like Meghan and I think she will do a good job in the Royal family. If it's true we're going to have a big day.

I'ts not really about liking or not liking her. It's the media that is puzzling.

LaRae

It's the usual behaviour that surrounds an impending engagement. What drives them is being the first to break the news and since they had all decided that Meghan would have to have finished filming and it would not be announced until after HM and Prince Philip's 70th Wedding Anniversary was over.

Okay, so now all visible impediments to the announcement have been resolved and with still no announcement media outlets are starting to throw their toys out of their collective cot.

the usual protocol is that news outlets are invited to St James for the photocall and there is a news blackout with a specific deadline

UK media are very good at keeping to the blackout, but US can be flaky and sadly Australia have been known to blow it.

Media behaviour is going to be the best show.

In a mixed set of front page stories, the Sun says Prince Harry's engagement to Meghan Markle looks "odds on" after bookmakers suspended betting on a royal wedding. Its headline refers to reports the US actress has moved her dogs to the UK, asking "Has Harry pupped the question?"
Meghan Markle is also pictured on the front of the Daily Mail.
Newspaper headlines: Royal wedding 'odds on' and wage freeze - BBC News

I think the expectations are predicated on reports out of Australia that satellite time has in fact been booked. ?

That is interesting! Where did you read that? Was there any type of satellite time known to be booked before William and Kate's engagement announcement? I did not follow W & K closely until they got engaged, so I don't know a lot about the run up to their engagement.

Didn't lainey in Toronto mention in her report also that media outlets had booked satellite time? It would be rather an expensive procedure, IMO, if the media concerned hadn't heard something more definite than a rumour. On the other hand, who knows....

I really feel that this is a couple who are driving the bus themselves. They are two grown-ups, and they know what they want.

However: that doesn't make them insensitive to other, external factors. Quite the opposite. I belong to the group who believe that an engagement is imminent (within the next couple of weeks), and that we'll have a wedding in the summer. There are some quite simple reasons for this.

Grandpa and grandma aren't getting any younger. I'm very sure that Harry would want them to be there for his big day. If they wait for a couple of years... well, you know. Sad but true. And Meghan isn't getting any younger either. If they want kids - and they've both said that they do - there is no reason to wait.

The Cambridge addition, expected in april, makes me think that we'll have a wedding late may, at the earliest, since I'm sure that they want both W&C to be there.

If Meghan ended her contract with Suits, closed The Tig, didn't renew her contract with Reitmans - what is she supposed to do if there isn't an engagement soon? She's kind of a sitting duck. There's also the question of security. I'm very sure that her safety is one of Harrys top priorities, and an engagement = a RPO for Meghan.

And most important of all: They know what they want. Why wait?

the usual protocol is that news outlets are invited to St James for the photocall and there is a news blackout with a specific deadline

UK media are very good at keeping to the blackout, but US can be flaky and sadly Australia have been known to blow it.

Media behaviour is going to be the best show.

Interesting. But none of this "noise" is coming from the US media. It seems to be coming from the UK. Not to say they couldn't get it wrong as well. Also, the US media is not exactly at full strength with the holiday today and tomorrow. I mean they'll certainly get it together if something happens, but right now, all the "important " news folks are off.

When this does all shake out, it will be very interesting what we find out about the timing.

Darren Burn
Darren Burn

@dazburn

When you're out with former TV colleagues and they tell you they're expecting an engagement announcement from Harry and Meghan tomorrow...

1:29 PM - 23 Nov 2017

Tweets like this make me think it's happening...
Lainey's take is interesting too, she does get a lot of interesting scoop.

Darren Burn
Darren Burn

@dazburn

When you're out with former TV colleagues and they tell you they're expecting an engagement announcement from Harry and Meghan tomorrow...

1:29 PM - 23 Nov 2017

Tweets like this make me think it's happening...
Lainey's take is interesting too, she does get a lot of interesting scoop.

who are these people? Darren Burns pinned tweet is dated 2016. :whistling:

EDIT: although I do like the idea of these 2 catching out US media this weekend ;)

who are these people? Darren Burns pinned tweet is dated 2016. :whistling:

EDIT: although I do like the idea of these 2 catching out US media this weekend ;)

His twitter bio says, that he's the former head of the UK ITV news planning, so having contacts in the media, isn't that far fetched.

Who knows what's happening, but there's definitely something in the air right now.

How reputable is The Evening Standard?
https://mobile.twitter.com/standardnews?p=s

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...yal-wedding-coming-our-way-soon-a3699871.html

Last edited:
His twitter bio says, that he's the former head of the UK ITV news planning, so having contacts in the media, isn't that far fetched.

Who knows what's happening, but there's definitely something in the air right now.

Hmmm I went to his twitter page but can't find this tweet...

LaRae

Listen, it’s Thanksgiving and I’m too full to even be in the mood for celebrating such an announcement. They better hold up, wait a minute!

Okay, I am lost here on one thing.........what the heck is..* satellite time*? ......This seems so weird being up in that air.....:bang: guess I haven't graduated social media school yet....

Okay, I am lost here on one thing.........what the heck is..* satellite time*? ......This seems so weird being up in that air.....:bang: guess I haven't graduated social media school yet....

From my understanding that just means they are reserving a section of air time.

LaRae

From my understanding that just means they are reserving a section of air time.

LaRae

Thank you Pranter, I am not understanding this satellite time or air time, you mean that each time a show is on TV is booked into a satellite or something? Sorry if this is OT yet just trying to understand all that is going on here...when something is said that I don't understand I want to find the answer to it.....gets me in trouble all the time...:flowers:

Thank you Pranter, I am not understanding this satellite time or air time, you mean that each time a show is on TV is booked into a satellite or something? Sorry if this is OT yet just trying to understand all that is going on here...when something is said that I don't understand I want to find the answer to it.....gets me in trouble all the time...:flowers:

I don't know the specifics really...I know just enough to be dangerous! :D

LaRae

:previous::previous:

That had me cracking up, you are so darn funny..............????

Does that mean that you can foretell us here that that darn engagement is going to be announced? Being dangerous has to be fun and gets you into places to learn new info...right!:lol:

Satellite time would be so reporters could transmit the story back to their home country in real time. They send the digital signal to the satellite and then it transmits to their studio.
Like a story breaking in London and being transmitted to Sydney in real time.

Wow get home from a fourteen hour Very long shift and wasnnt expecting this :ohmy:

Well I have to be up tomorrow at 5am my time for another 14 hour shift. Maybe some exciting news to start my day ?

If true, looking at wedding by end of May (6 month fiancé visa).

Satellite time would be so reporters could transmit the story back to their home country in real time. They send the digital signal to the satellite and then it transmits to their studio.
Like a story breaking in London and being transmitted to Sydney in real time.

^ This Remember the old words "coming to us via satellite"?

Also, if they intend to do real-time interviews with any American news personalities, they'll need a satellite link, I believe.

:previous::previous:

That had me cracking up, you are so darn funny..............????

Does that mean that you can foretell us here that that darn engagement is going to be announced? Being dangerous has to be fun and gets you into places to learn new info...right!:lol:

I wish! If I could foretell that I'd be rich! I could get a dollar from everyone here and retire!

As long as the new places don't include iron bars I'm game! :lol:

LaRae

Just want to verify that it’s the TV station that reserves the satellite time, right? Is it typical for them to do so just in case bc of a rumor, or would they only do it when it’s from a reliable source?

TBH, I'm not holding my breath. I’ll do a lap around the house and pop open a bottle of champagne to celebrate if it happens, but this could all be from her moving out of her house and someone mentioned something they think would happen and then someone tells someone else, and now it’s all being passed around as it’s happening.

Wow get home from a fourteen hour Very long shift and wasnnt expecting this :ohmy:

Well I have to be up tomorrow at 5am my time for another 14 hour shift. Maybe some exciting news to start my day ?

If true, looking at wedding by end of May (6 month fiancé visa).

London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom