Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do it all the time, when the fires have died down. :flowers: Happens all the time. Suddenly there is the person in the cold light of day, asking us to bend for the umpteenth time in a way we were happy to do when the blush was on the rose, but it gets old. Just saying. I have always found the differences between them very large, but that's me. I am willing to be proved wrong.

Often is. What can I say? Everyone is human and I've no doubt that the context of this seduction has been quite compelling. I don't blame her. :flowers:

We can mislead ourselves. I'm not saying she is doing that but people routinely misjudge the person they marry, with far greater acquaintance than Meghan has of Harry and his family, or he of hers. I most assuredly wish them well and am vicariously enjoying the ride of a whirlwind love affair, but I do wonder how sensible anyone can be when the romance is heated and the love is still heavenly. Just saying. ;)

Question for you Lady Nimue........are we talking about Meghan here or someone else or perhaps you know someone that has the downs of a love that turned and died? I try to see the good side of life, and believe me that is a very hard thing for me to do.....if you only knew......so I see a young couple who are mature and seem to have lived through the ups and downs of love gone wrong and yet are still willing to take a chance when new loves comes their way.....they are not jaded yet and hopefully never will be.?

Question for you Lady Nimue........are we talking about Meghan here or someone else or perhaps you know someone that has the downs of a love that turned and died?

I am mystified by your question. :sad: Meghan is a divorcee. I assume she loved and then it went south. We know Harry was pretty keen to get hitched with Chelsey. I think someone has shared that Harry is a romantic and leads with his heart. Plenty in all that for Meghan to understand the vagaries of love and passion with someone like Harry.

I am in William's and Harry's age range. I've seen a bit of life and love. I know what it's like to be pursued by powerful men, and I have seen the other side of the rainbow, if that's what you're getting at. ;)

I try to see the good side of life, and believe me that is a very hard thing for me to do.....if you only knew......so I see a young couple who are mature and seem to have lived through the ups and downs of love gone wrong and yet are still willing to take a chance when new loves comes their way.....they are not jaded yet and hopefully never will be.?

I've no doubt that Meghan is mature, its Harry I'm not sure about. He's the wild card in my book. But you know, so what? People do what people do. Babies are wanting to be born. Lives will be lived whatever anyone thinks. Onward! ;)

Last edited:
However, posters have indicated that she will have to learn to 'keep her mouth shut' and effectively toe the royal line. Do we doubt them? .

Yes.

Let me put it this way. She will certainly have to follow a certain protocol. That's true of anyone. I had the pleasure of working with a high ranking elected official in the US, and his wife faced a similar quanary. And found a way to fulfill her position, be herself and follow appropriate protocol". It takes work, but it can be done. My guess is Meghan "knowing her place" (and for the record I hate that term. Just using it to make a point.) may not look exactly like some people here think it will. Or how they hope it will. In order not to go down a problematic road I'll leave it there.

Question for you Lady Nimue........are we talking about Meghan here or someone else or perhaps you know someone that has the downs of a love that turned and died?

P.S. It occurs to me that perhaps what comes through in my posting, and how I approach what I see, has everything to do with the fact that I am a writer (as well as other things to make my bread-and-butter). :flowers: Big on character and motivations and what we know and what we suppose, etc. All goes to feed my craft!

Yes.

Let me put it this way. She will certainly have to follow a certain protocol. That's true of anyone. I had the pleasure of working with a high ranking elected official in the US, and his wife faced a similar quanary. And found a way to fulfill her position, be herself and follow appropriate protocol". It takes work, but it can be done. My guess is Meghan "knowing her place" (and for the record I hate that term. Just using it to make a point.) may not look exactly like some people here think it will. Or how they hope it will. In order not to go down a problematic road I'll leave it there.

Beautifully said. :flowers: Thank you, Alliec76. I understand. And will leave it at that, too. I agree.

1) Why would any one who has said I am in love want to run from the man that she has claimed to love?

2) Being what you say she is, An intelligent, well-educated, talented woman with innumerable possibilities before her, don't you think that she is very capable of making those decisions for her life or is just sex/lust in the way of mature thoughtful decision making?

For me, I see An intelligent, well-educated, talented woman who has worked hard to achieve what she has, nobody handed her a silver platter with tons of money on it, has accomplished her own goals on her own, done things that show the type of person she is, (where we see how the so called rich and famous who otherwise spend money foolishly on themselves with the biggest house or fastest car) of which she has not done that but given to her endeavors of her own free will, who is more then capable of taking care of herself and does NOT get her self esteem from the media or public but by her family and her work ethic.

I think this young lady is very capable of making wise choices in life for herself and is she has found LOVE then more power to her for then she will be more then capable of taking on more in life with her partner/husband of Her choice.

Love, even strong love can be tested. In a relationship when you are with a prince, there is a lot more then your marriage to think of. All marriages face trouble and pressure. A royal one more then some. Its not exactly running away, but having to decide if that pressure is enough for you.

Meghan when she started with Harry was faced with choices most women would not. Marrying Harry means giving up her privacy, her job, her country, and many other things. There is a lot of priviledge in being a royal, and great things you can do, but you have to weigh those out. Many women would not be willing to give it all up. I often think it was easier for a prince to find a wife fifty years ago. Back in the day, even women who went to college, most went 'looking for a husband'. Their job would be to be a wife and a mother, be a hostess and such. I mean yes there were career women, but they were the exception. Now a days when women are just as educated and ambitious as men, finding a woman who is willing to give that up, to marry is not as easy. Charity work is great but would a doctor be happy to simply tour hospitals? Perhaps there is a reason the commoner wives come from similar career backgrounds with a few exceptions like Mathilde and Max. Public relations, journalism, acting, all things transitioning in to royal life there are similarities.

But yes Meghan is an intelligent young woman. I don't take her as someone who would have been blinded by the image of being a princess. IMO it would never have gotten this far if she had not decided long ago, the sacrifices were worth it for Harry. And that she has a level headed enough approach that she made it fully understanding what it meant.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of our tv stations just had a Harry and Meghan special. Nothing new really but one thing that did surprise me was her half sister.
With all the press about her being this terrible person who was mean to Meghan etc I was so surprised to see her, well spoken a very pleasant woman said nice things about Meghan etc
Shame how the media always make someone the bad guy

Meghan's half sister has completely changed her tune. Not long ago she was trashing Meghan on her twitter. She now has a book coming out called Princess Pushy's sister', but apparently it's only a positive narration of her own bi-racial experience (she's NOT biracial, Meghan is). The negative feedback she's getting, is because she trashed Meghan before in public. And I don't know why she's giving these interviews, she hasn't been in contact with Meghan for a decade or so.

The special tonight on Aussie TV was indeed a rehash, but this is the second Harry/Meghan TV commentary in a week here in Oz as well as innumerable magazine stories appearing over the last months. The jungle drums are indeed beating loudly for an engagement, and it's been said that both the BBC and ITV have specials lined up for showing on the day. Let's hope that day is soon!

A bit of a promotion of the special seen here tonight on Channel 7s morning show and a chat with Royal correspondent Robert Jobson, who says some nice things about the couple.

Is there a thread to talk about a possible engagement ring and tiara for Meghan to wear when she walks down the aisle to marry Harry ( if that happens)? I have just discovered some new possibilities that I don't think have been mentioned.

I do not know Samantha Grant personally but only know her from her behavior posted here since Meghan became involved with Harry. I also know that this is not a person that I would be inclined to have as a new best friend. From the onset, it was apparent to me that to Samantha, Meghan was someone to use to draw attention to herself. To achieve for herself a measure of being in the public eye as someone to pay attention to and she used just about any means possible to get it.

As Meghan has not really been close with this person for years, I don't even bother to read anything that will come out of her mouth and what I do know, I've heard of here since her relationship began with Harry. I also think that Meghan is astute enough to recognize the sort of person she is. Perhaps with kindness, she's accepted Samantha for who she is and just considers her words as "noise" that she doesn't need to pay attention to. At least, I'd hope so.

This thread has been cleaned up with a large number of posts deleted or edited.

The quality of the conversation has once again fallen far below what we expect from a mature and interesting discussion.
Please be reminded that argumatitive and off-topic posts are a distraction and somewhat boring to those reading the thread who have an interest in the topic.
Further posts that add nothing to the conversation will continue to be deleted without notice.

Last edited:
So I wonder...are they doing Thanksgiving together in the U.K.? Maybe having her mom join them? Or is she just here a few days then flying to join her mom?

No reports of her being spotted in London yet.

LaRae

Does anyone else think an engagement announcement is imminent, now that Elizabeth & Philip have celebrated their 70th?

I just think it’s going to come sooner rather than later.

There are reports of her being in London, but we don’t have any solid confirmation on that yet. Going under radar with these two, we might not get any confirmation unless the couple make an appearance.

So I wonder...are they doing Thanksgiving together in the U.K.? Maybe having her mom join them? Or is she just here a few days then flying to join her mom?

No reports of her being spotted in London yet.

LaRae

Even if she is in London, which we don't really have any confirmation of, she will have to go back. I highly doubt she has packed up everything in the three days since her show ended. She will have a lot to over see with the move, whether she brings everything now, or stuff into storage. Those decisions will have been made, but there is still the actual doing.

And then there are the dogs. Meghan may have easily slipped into London, but I doubt her dogs would not have been noticed at the airport. If she was in London for good, I would think Guy and Bogart would be with her.

If....and I still take this with a truck of salt, she is in London I'd think she is likely headed home for Thanksgiving. She has more then her mom to see. It will likely be one of her last big holidays at home (she may spend Christmas home since Harry will be at Sandringham part). Big send off with her family and friends. Know from her social media and tig, that it was a big time for her. She seems to be one of those people who consider friends to be family.

I do not know Samantha Grant personally but only know her from her behavior posted here since Meghan became involved with Harry. I also know that this is not a person that I would be inclined to have as a new best friend. From the onset, it was apparent to me that to Samantha, Meghan was someone to use to draw attention to herself. To achieve for herself a measure of being in the public eye as someone to pay attention to and she used just about any means possible to get it.

As Meghan has not really been close with this person for years, I don't even bother to read anything that will come out of her mouth and what I do know, I've heard of here since her relationship began with Harry. I also think that Meghan is astute enough to recognize the sort of person she is. Perhaps with kindness, she's accepted Samantha for who she is and just considers her words as "noise" that she doesn't need to pay attention to. At least, I'd hope so.

Agreed.

As an FYI, Samantha was praising Doria on her twitter recently and then a few days ago claimed she lied when she wrote those nice things and proceeded to call Doria names. She also said she is going to rewrite her book to include this more recent view of Doria and wrote "the pen is mightier than the sword" and "read my book to find out".

Just going by her social media postings, she seems a very up and down/volatile person.
It likely won't be long until she's back bashing Meghan again as well, it seems to be a pattern of hers.

Samantha also wrote that her brother is mentally ill, among other things, and that his claim that their father won the lottery is a lie.

If it's true that one or both of them suffer from mental illness or other issues, then it's extremely inappropriate for the media to continue to use them for clickbait headlines.
But tabs have no shame.

Last edited:
Even if she is in London, which we don't really have any confirmation of, she will have to go back. I highly doubt she has packed up everything in the three days since her show ended. She will have a lot to over see with the move, whether she brings everything now, or stuff into storage. Those decisions will have been made, but there is still the actual doing.

And then there are the dogs. Meghan may have easily slipped into London, but I doubt her dogs would not have been noticed at the airport. If she was in London for good, I would think Guy and Bogart would be with her.

If....and I still take this with a truck of salt, she is in London I'd think she is likely headed home for Thanksgiving. She has more then her mom to see. It will likely be one of her last big holidays at home (she may spend Christmas home since Harry will be at Sandringham part). Big send off with her family and friends. Know from her social media and tig, that it was a big time for her. She seems to be one of those people who consider friends to be family.

I agree. Even if she is London right now, I doubt it is for good. I definitely think she'd be at home for Thanksgiving. They don't celebrate in the UK, so no need to really be there for that. Anyway my gut is still saying we won't be getting anything until after November. Anytime after December 1st is fair game!

I also could see just waiting until the New Years, to get the holidays out of the way. Based on passed precedent she wouldn't necessarily be able to go to Sandringham anyway (although as a fiancee she might be able to go to the Christmas lunch the Queen has a few days before). She might want to continue moving around freely throughout the holiday season (go home to LA, visit friends, etc). Whenever it happens it will be exciting!

Meghan was not at the Queen's and the D of E's anniversary dinner so the rags have it wrong.

Meghan's half sister - what a mess. She changes her tune to see what gets her positive press. She destroyed her credibility on social media. If there is an engagement the American media will go to Meghan's relatives and they will go to Samantha. Given the different stories she's told the US press will vet her; and if they find any rotten in Samantha's background the media will run it. I think that's why Samantha has gone to American outlets; some reporters here will be more inclined to challenge what she says or have said. They won't go easy because of her disability.

For all we know, she has been packing for the last six months.

Besides, if she is engaged to Harry, what would she even want to bring?
Probably not furniture, for instance.

If it was me, I'd leave my old stuff and get replacements in the UK.

For all we know, she has been packing for the last six months.

Besides, if she is engaged to Harry, what would she even want to bring?
Probably not furniture, for instance.

If it was me, I'd leave my old stuff and get replacements in the UK.

Maybe she's been bringing stuff over a suitcase at a time.?

She could of been having things shipped to Harry for weeks...no one is paying attention to arrival of boxes etc at KP...or however they get their things.

LaRae

She also could have made a deal with the rental agency to "upgrade" her apartment for future rentals as a "furnished" apartment. I would imagine that if she and Harry are planning marriage, the home that they decorate and furnish will be done together and most likely done quite differently. Why move all the furniture and such to London if it may not even be used? We know Nott Cott is pretty well furnished already as Harry has been living in it for a while. If I'm not mistaken, he's even had it painted in a kind of a rose pink. He may have already been seeing Meghan at the time of his choice from the date of this article

Prince Harry Just Painted His Palace Rooms Pink

I think Harry's statement of a year ago has set some pretty good boundaries and until Meghan becomes the official fiancee, we're not going to see the press dogging her trail. They assume, like the rest of us, that there is an impending engagement and they'll want to stay on the good side of Harry and Meghan. So, until its official, we're not going to know Jack. Well.. we *do* know Jacknch but that's a whole different ball of wax. :D

My guess is IF she is moving, she's not going to bring all her furniture etc..just her personal items that she really likes/wants. Paintings and some of her other personal decor.

LaRae

She is moving overseas which is not an easy task. I hope the media realizes this and at least give her time to catch a breath. Holiday season is hectic enough.

Meghan Moves-

There’s no joy in moving, especially during the holidays indeed. It’s enough to make one drink.

I am still waiting for the above-referenced tweet to be confirmed, but, assuming she is in fact moving, will she live and work in the UK for a while before the engagement is announced, or is an engagement now imminent ?

I am still waiting for the above-referenced tweet to be confirmed, but, assuming she is in fact moving, will she live and work in the UK for a while before the engagement is announced, or is an engagement now imminent ?

I think we’re all waiting for some kind of confirmation or at least some official hint of what’s going on. It’s jsut remains a wait and see.

Prince Harry, Prince William, and Catherine attend Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's 70th anniversary dinner as Meghan Markle rumoured to be moving to London

Meghan Markle was seen on Saturday on a flight from Toronto to London. I got a tip about this that day and HELLO! is also reporting the same. Here’s another tip I’ve been getting over the last couple of days – three people have told me independently that moving vans have been seen outside of her Toronto home. She’s wrapped on Suits. She’s not renewing her contract. Moving to London then?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-royal-engagement-London-shopping-Heidi-Klein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom