Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone must remain patient!

Like we have any other option? LOL

Harry, Meghan if you are reading this...get on with it!

LaRae

Like we have any other option? LOL

Harry, Meghan if you are reading this...get on with it!

LaRae

Lol, that’s all we can do though. Been down this road before and it plucked my nerve, lol.

Lol, that’s all we can do though. Been down this road before and it plucked my nerve, lol.

I think if there's not an announcement by 12/31 there are people here that are gonna snap :D

I think we all have to remember that this is a real-life relationship and that all the scenarios and events that supposedly dictate when an engagement will be announced have nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Harry and Meghan will decided if and when they become engaged and they will do so at a time and pace that suits them as a couple. It won't be based upon other peoples' expectations nor will it be influenced by international holidays, the royal calendar, the scheduling of US TV shows or, if it comes to it, the phase of the moon.

I think the producers of Suits are milking H & M for all the publicity they can get. Just go ahead and announce Season 8 and get it over with. Meghan's departure would not greatly impact the show; she's a supporting character.

Most likely if Meghan's contract is up after this season, chances are that so are a whole lot of other contracts up for renewal. There are probably a lot of negotiations going on now and still determining if there is going to be a season 8.

Harry and Meghan's relationship really has had no impact whatsoever on the show.

If they want to renew for season 8, they would most likely prefer to keep Meghan as she is one of the 6 key characters (of which they already lost one). So, if Meghan does not renew because of her relationship with Harry it has a direct impact on the storyline of the show.

I am pretty sure that need to know by now whether the show continues as the last episode either needs to be the big finale or the set-up for next season (invluding the writing off of characters).

Of course, Meghan's decision in itself will not determine whether the show will continue. Almost any cast member can be replaced (Downton Abbey is a clear example of this principle).

Most likely if Meghan's contract is up after this season, chances are that so are a whole lot of other contracts up for renewal. There are probably a lot of negotiations going on now and still determining if there is going to be a season 8.

Harry and Meghan's relationship really has had no impact whatsoever on the show.

AFAIK everyone's contract ended with Season 7. It has only been said Suits might be picked up for an 8th season. Sometimes renewing is too expensive.
I think the storyline was probably flexible enough that it can continue or not, but I think Meghan has already told them what she expects to do, be it continue for another season or half a season or leave to move to England.

As her character will have to be written out, I have little doubt that that she has told them quite a while ago one or another. There is only a few more weeks of filming for the season. I guess they could go the way of killing or writing the character off but off screen but that rarely works well.

They announced renwal for season 7 back in August. I doubt the show doesn't already know the network is willing or not to renew them. But yes, Meghan is not the only one whose contract is up for renewal right now. So they are probably busy negotiating everyone's contracts and figuring out what to do with the next season with whoever they have left.

AFAIK everyone's contract ended with Season 7. It has only been said Suits might be picked up for an 8th season. Sometimes renewing is too expensive.
I think the storyline was probably flexible enough that it can continue or not, but I think Meghan has already told them what she expects to do, be it continue for another season or half a season or leave to move to England.

What's interesting is that Gina Torres' contract ended with Season 6, so I'm curious about why she had a different deal from everyone else.

With that said, it's only officially that it's been said that it might be picked up. Aaron Korsch, who I'd think has the most information, is quite confident of an 8th season and thinks there'll probably be a 9th. The show is still USA Network's best rated scripted show, so I don't think his confidence is misplaced.

FWIW, I'd argue an earlier statement from another poster that Meghan is just a supporting player. She's got above the title credits, which is significant. Her departure would profoundly impact the show's storylines and relationships, which isn't true of, say, Amanda Schull. I agree that if she's leaving, she's already told them, precisely because her absence will itself be a storyline in the same way that GT's was.

What's interesting is that Gina Torres' contract ended with Season 6, so I'm curious about why she had a different deal from everyone else.

With that said, it's only officially that it's been said that it might be picked up. Aaron Korsch, who I'd think has the most information, is quite confident of an 8th season and thinks there'll probably be a 9th. The show is still USA Network's best rated scripted show, so I don't think his confidence is misplaced.

FWIW, I'd argue an earlier statement from another poster that Meghan is just a supporting player. She's got above the title credits, which is significant. Her departure would profoundly impact the show's storylines and relationships, which isn't true of, say, Amanda Schull. I agree that if she's leaving, she's already told them, precisely because her absence will itself be a storyline in the same way that GT's was.

I strongly agree with the bolded. She's the long time love interest of one of the main characters. Neither of their characters have had any other serious long-term relationships on the show. Just a fling here or there. So I'd say Meghan leaving would affect the storyline greatly. Specifically the storyline of one of the main characters. I'm sure she has let the show in on her plans (whatever they are) as early as possible. That's just professional courtesy.

I would have to disagree with whoever said that the show is milking Harry and Meghan's relationship. I'd say it's quite the opposite. They've pulled Meghan back from basically all publicity and promotion for the show, for the better part of a year. Milking it, would be them making her to keep going out and doing interviews, etc, knowing that people will tune in/read it because there would be interest in what she might say. Putting her in difficult and awkward situations where people might ask about her private life and she'd have to dance around it. That would be milking it. The fact that more people might be interested in the show because of her relationship is not something Meghan or the show can control.

She was married to Laurence Fishburne with a kid and was commuting to film for the last 2 years so when they re-upped the last time she signed a shorter deal .
Still didn't save her marriage as they split around the time she left the show.For 3 years he was also filming Hannibal in Toronto the problems came when that was cancelled and the family moved back to LA

I believe everyone’s contract was up in Season 5, with most of the cast signing on for another 2 years. Gina Torres chose not to do that, and instead agreed to do half of season 6 to write her character off.

Since then, the show she left Suits for has been cancelled, and her marriage has ended, so she’s returned more to the Suits world.

Thanks both Ish and Humbugged.

I'd looked for details about the original contract length and the only thing I'd seen was a claim that it was 7 years, which didn't sound right to me when you consider GT.

I appreciate the clarification. :flowers:

According to the Fail Meghan intends to set up her own charity organisation when she moves to London this month, which 'may' clash with Royal charities.

Meghan 'may' do a lot of things when she moves to London. Or she may not.

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle moving to London | Daily Mail Online

Load of rubbish :bang:

Not even get started on the paper work and issues starting up a charity in a foreign country even if we wanted to believe the fail.

There may be some truth in that she plans to continue her global work with women. She cant volunteer IN the UK without a visa. But she could continue her work abroad with the UN and World vision if she moves to London. The DM usually has some tiny bit of truth to their stories.

Not even get started on the paper work and issues starting up a charity in a foreign country even if we wanted to believe the fail.

There may be some truth in that she plans to continue her global work with women. She cant volunteer IN the UK without a visa. But she could continue her work abroad with the UN and World vision if she moves to London. The DM usually has some tiny bit of truth to their stories.

My guess is she might continue working with the charities she already works with since they are global. But that doesn't sound sexy enough and controversial enough or fit into the caricature they have been trying to make of her. The Fail indeed. They didn't even try and pretend like they had a "source".

Highly doubt she'll actually start her own charity. It's unlikely that her and Harry wouldn't be announcing an engagement within months of her moving there. If that's the case, she'll be part of the royal foundation once married.

:previous: That doesn't mean she wont have other charities she is involved with. All three of the others do, like Kate's art gallery patronage.

As I said, its not a simple matter for a foreigner to set up their own charity over seas, and no reason for her to. But there is good reason to think she would continue her own charity work, with the UN and world vision, at least until marriage.

I actually hope she will continue with the UN at least. Most royal families have at least one member who is involved with the UN in some form. It would be great to see a member of the BRF be involved in some form. Meghan already has her foot in. Would be a shame for her not to continue. And there is nothing 'political' about her involvement, to conflict. She works in promoting safe sanitation for women. And water.

It seems like the Fail is trying to allude to the idea that Meghan will be doing things independently of the royal family. To me, this is a preposterous notion that has no legs to stand on.

It just doesn't make sense that if Meghan is to move to the UK, become engaged and then married to Harry that she be going off the books of how things are done and strike out independently. It almost seems to make her marriage into the BRF an afterthought or something that will only be part of her life in the UK. Not going to happen.

I'm sure that, in time, she will have her own specific interests and charities but it will be done within the framework of the "Firm" such as Kate's are and Sophie's are and Harry's are and William and Charles' are. She may remain continuing to work as an ambassador for the UN but not without the royal stamp of approval and blessings of the "Firm".

If Meghan marries Harry, her first and foremost obligations will be to Harry's public life and that is the family business. I don't see her acting in any other way. :D

I hope Meghan continues her work for clean water and women's MHM with World Vision and her work with the UN, even after a engagement and marriage. She can certainly take on other things as well, but if these are issues she cares about then I don't see why she shouldn't continue being involved.

DM is trying to do filler stories until an announcement is made. I notice the tone has somewhat changed, showing Meaghan has a drive for humanitarianism, and laying off the golddigging 'hood rat angle it ran before. I think DM believes the engagement is on and it wants to stay on the good side of BP, CH & KP.

I don't see any reason why she couldn't continue on with this project even after marriage to Harry. One thing I imagine that will happen though is that it won't be announced until after the wedding and the time comes for Meghan to pick and choose the areas she wants to be involved with. Similar to what Kate did after marriage. If and when it is announced that she will continue doing work that she's already been involved with, it will be with the "Firm's" blessing.

I really don't think we're going to see much on the charity front with Meghan in the UK until after an engagement announcement and then maybe not even until after the wedding. Who knows? They may just surprise us. One thing I do know though is that the Daily Fail has no more of a clue of what's coming next than we do. :D

I don't see any reason why she couldn't continue on with this project even after marriage to Harry. One thing I imagine that will happen though is that it won't be announced until after the wedding and the time comes for Meghan to pick and choose the areas she wants to be involved with. Similar to what Kate did after marriage. If and when it is announced that she will continue doing work that she's already been involved with, it will be with the "Firm's" blessing.

I really don't think we're going to see much on the charity front with Meghan in the UK until after an engagement announcement and then maybe not even until after the wedding. Who knows? They may just surprise us. One thing I do know though is that the Daily Fail has no more of a clue of what's coming next than we do. :D
Meghan's situation is a little different though- she's already actively involved with World Vision and the UN. Even though Kate was involved in some charity fundraising (and I think her parents' company is involved in Make A Wish) I'm not sure how much she was affliated with any specific organization. I think Meghan can continue her current affiliations and add to them if/when she joins the BRF.

I can't take seriously an analysis that rests on "And Meghan is still fulfilling her contractual obligations, not leaving Canada early and breaking her contract" as evidence against a marriage anytime soon.

If in February, word gets out that she's doing season 8, then I'll wonder what's up. But with Suits still filming, what other option does she have but to do her job?

If Meghan already know the Queen is because the relationship is serious. The Queen was going to get a girlfriend of Harry if the relationship was not serious. I believe it must be decided when the appointment will be announced. Now we have to wait.

The main conclusion of the article is that nobody knows except the two of them - and that is as it should be until they decide yo makd it public. So, any conclusion in any direction probably says more about the person commenting than about Harry and Meghan.

Actually, if she does not continue (at least to some extent) her current good workings, the BRF will be tarred and feathered by the press. The headlines would somewhat accurately run "Needy charity told to beggar off by the BRF" or "BRF stiffs UN charities."

The best way to handle this from a PR POV is for MM to sever no ties, but to realign how she allocates her time overall and over time. It will be a progression, and like all the young royals, when and if she joins the firm, she will have a say in the projects she supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom