Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the various posters above on security.....with the heightened state of affairs everywhere regarding terrorism, likely Prince Harry and Meghan have taken that into account and their number one concern is safety. Prince Harry has done a very good job of staying under the radar with Meghan as well as he can; and is a very good advocate for her in that regard. However, I think it would be unconscionable for Meghan to move to Britain without the protection of BRF. It would be foolhardy. I know those are strong words, but feel that much anxiety about it. As for a job, not very likely. However, I agree that her charitable work could begin immediately in Britain with Meghan safely ensconced behind Kensington Palace's walls and adequate protection with an engagement announcement.

I do believe an engagement has taken place and will be announced soon. I'm on pins and needles like the rest of you that hold that belief, also. Question though-couldn't she promote "Suits" by pre-taped segments that would air on Canadian and US TV outlets?

Why would she need a job? Any job she took would be criticised.....

If she moved to the UK, without being engaged to Harry, but as just his girlfriend, she'd have to have a means of support and a reason to be in the UK. You can only go and stay so long as a tourist, which I assume is how she visits him now. But you can't work. If she goes on a work visa, well she'll need a job. If she's goes on a fiancee visa they'd have to get married within 6 months.

It has been suggested that she needs to move to the UK first and live with Harry before they get engaged. And myself and a few other posters have been outlining why moving to the UK without an engagement is not in anyone's best interest, especially Meghan's. She would have all of the restrictions of royal life, and none of the protections. If she moved permanently to the UK without notice official engagement, the press would be all over her. What's she doing the? How is she supporting herself? Is she trying to pressure Harry? I could also see the term lazy and gold digger being thrown around. As you stated any job she had would be criticized, unfair or not (I think unfair) but that's just the way it is.

Anyway this are some of the reasons don't think Meghan will moving to the UK until she and Harry are engaged. Anything else would be a PR nightmare for the BRF and put Meghan at a steep disadvantage. I think Harry careshould too much about her to put her in that position. And I think she's too smart to let herself get put in that position.

I'm sure that since I am told she's very successful in her work, she can afford to keep herself for a few months at least.. and I'm sure they can get around any visa problems etc. I think that yes she probably would attract criticism that she was "chasing Harry" but that's likely to happen anyway. And I think there would be a lot to be said for them spending time together that isn't just a romantic holiday visit.

It's very normal for actors to have breaks between jobs that would seem extensive to most of us. And she's not truly done with Suits until the last episode airs. The more I think about it, the more likely I think that we won't see an announcement before the season ends--airing, not shooting--and in the meantime she'll be quietly spending some extensive periods as a guest at KP (possibily using it as a home base without expressly calling it such in a public way) while continuing to take the sort of international humanitarian trips with the UN and/or World Vision that she has participated in for the last several years.

:lol: But you misunderstand. Some dogs may want you to like them and they can sense your discomfort. So they head straight over to you either to intimidate or to cajole. And most definitely to sniff your scent. Cats will either ignore you disdainfully, run away and hide, lick themselves nervously, act out for attention or for the heck of it because it's their domain, plop down on the chair intended for you, or head straight for you and rub up against you in a misguided effort to soothe your tension. ?

One of the things I look forward to is KP releasing a portrait of Meghan & Harry with Bogart & Guy. I miss seeing updated pics of Bogart & Guy on Meghan's Instagram. :sad:

Oh and btw, Mad About Meghan blog site has posted an interesting summary of Meghan/Harry's househunting in the Cotswolds. Quite fascinating to learn they looked at Luckington Court, where the BBC series of Pride and Prejudice, starring Colin Firth, was filmed many years ago (although M&H are said not to have made an offer, and thus are likely still looking -- but reportedly they are intent on finding a country home in the Cotswolds). Hmmm, Luckington Court has a nice ring to it though. The blog includes some nice interior and exterior views of the estate. Enjoy reading! :heart1:

Mad About Meghan

Whoa...very nice! :lol: It doesn't get more regal than that. I can't imagine being LUCKY enough to reside at Luckington Court!?

FWIW, Richard Palmer had the following exchange on Twitter this morning:

Richard Palmer‏ @RoyalReporter Replying to @sinead_ryan
There will be huge interest in covering his engagements when that happens.

Nicole‏ @shallowdeep Replying to @RoyalReporter
Serious question: Do you think Prince Harry is getting engaged anytime in the near future? Asking for a few million friends in the US. ??

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3 hours ago
Yep
source:
I myself am not convinced that they'll see a need to wait until the shows have aired. Meghan did virtually nothing promotional during the 2016 winter hiatus between 6A and 6B, so I don't see why she'd do it between 7A and 7B. All of her castmates were travelling around (Sarah and Rick went to Australia and NZ, for instance) and doing promos and interviews.

The only promotional items she did at all since the news broke were:
  • a short interview clip, done by USA Networks as part of their broadcast promo commercials
  • the Texas readthru
  • the VF article

I think the announcement of engagement to Harry & Meghan should happen this November when they finish the recordings of "Suits". Does anyone know when the recordings of the series?

I think the announcement of engagement to Harry & Meghan should happen this November when they finish the recordings of "Suits". Does anyone know when the recordings of the series?

Just before American Thanksgiving. I'm not holding my breath for a November announcement, TBH.

Suits is supposed to wrap up filming mid-November I heard.

LaRae

Just before American Thanksgiving. I'm not holding my breath for a November announcement, TBH.

I think December is more likely (if not Jan).

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in the last week of November or in early December may result. I think that is the most likely. I look forward to that happening.

If there is to be a wedding in May or June, engagement announcement late November or December. If no wedding until July maybe not until January. Only basing this on the 6 month fiancee visa.

Whoa...very nice! :lol: It doesn't get more regal than that. I can't imagine being LUCKY enough to reside at Luckington Court!?

It looks like Luckington Court might just be the perfect place for the couple. It has a beautiful feel to it.?

Luckington Court might just be the perfect place for the couple.

At £7.75 million, and an estate of 145 acres it seems rather large and expensive for 'newly-weds', no matter their rank. It is also overpriced because it was filmed for 'Pride and Prejudice', and is consequently 'famous'.
Unless Harry can persuade the Duchy of Cornwall to add it to their portfolio [and farm the land] I think its very unlikely.

Last edited:
At £7.75 million, and an estate of 145 acres it seems rather large and expensive for 'newly-weds', no matter their rank.
Unless Harry can persuade the Duchy of Cornwall to add it to their portfolio [and farm the land] I think its very unlikely

I wonder why they would even bother to go and spend two hours looking at it then. It seems I read something somewhere about the fact that he did want a place big enough for his own polo field, and this home is only eight miles away from Prince Charles' Highgrove estate. The price has already been dropped once, I believe.

We probably need to move this discussion over to the "Possible home for Prince Harry" thread. :flowers:

why they would even bother to go and spend two hours looking at it then.

We only have the word of a blogger who lifted it from the 'Daily Express' that they did... scarcely 'gospel' tbh !

Yeah sorry I don't believe the tabloids for a second...until Harry says I am house hunting or we have other very credible proof...it's just media trying to sell magazines.

LaRae

FWIW, Richard Palmer had the following exchange on Twitter this morning:

source:
I myself am not convinced that they'll see a need to wait until the shows have aired. Meghan did virtually nothing promotional during the 2016 winter hiatus between 6A and 6B, so I don't see why she'd do it between 7A and 7B. All of her castmates were travelling around (Sarah and Rick went to Australia and NZ, for instance) and doing promos and interviews.

The only promotional items she did at all since the news broke were:
  • a short interview clip, done by USA Networks as part of their broadcast promo commercials
  • the Texas readthru
  • the VF article

She probably is completely done with doing traditional promotional work. That ended when she was outed as Harry's girlfriend. But my thoughts are more along the lines that waiting until the show has aired lets it a completely finished chapter in her life. An engagement announcement can then mark a clean start to the next phase. It also buys her some buffer time to essentially close out her "Meghan Markle life" and transition into royal life.

She probably is completely done with doing traditional promotional work. That ended when she was outed as Harry's girlfriend. But my thoughts are more along the lines that waiting until the show has aired lets it a completely finished chapter in her life. An engagement announcement can then mark a clean start to the next phase. It also buys her some buffer time to essentially close out her "Meghan Markle life" and transition into royal life.

I see the elegance of that solution, but I do think it leaves a lot of people in limbo. I strongly feel that the renewal will be announced at the same time as the cast list for season 8 (mostly because if they announced the renewal but not Meghan's status, they would *drown* in questions). And waiting until March to announce the renewal really isn't fair to the other actors and crew. Nor is it especially practical since the information will likely leak before that anyway.

I think the main thing we're looking at here is Meghan's contract with Suits expiring. The show and the cast aren't going to center their renewals and contracts and air dates or anything around Meghan and Harry. If Meghan is not renewing her contract, then Suits will go ahead and do their thing and she will be free and clear of all commitments to Suits.

Once Meghan's contract is over and done with, then she's free to do as she pleases and teach hula dancing in Alaska if she wants. I pretty much think everything has been worked out, the time line established for what will happen next and when and perhaps even being implemented as we speak. The public just hasn't been informed. We will be the last to know of any developments and that's how it should be.

I think the main thing we're looking at here is Meghan's contract with Suits expiring. The show and the cast aren't going to center their renewals and contracts and air dates or anything around Meghan and Harry. If Meghan is not renewing her contract, then Suits will go ahead and do their thing and she will be free and clear of all commitments to Suits.

Once Meghan's contract is over and done with, then she's free to do as she pleases and teach hula dancing in Alaska if she wants. I pretty much think everything has been worked out, the time line established for what will happen next and when and perhaps even being implemented as we speak. The public just hasn't been informed. We will be the last to know of any developments and that's how it should be.

Very good point. I think some in the public having been trying to read into the fact that Suits hasn't been announced for renewal yet, thinking that the delay has to do with Meghan. But everyone was on a seven year contract, so the whole casts contracts end at the end of season 7. Meaning Meghan or no Meghan, everyone's contracts were going to be renegotiated. And it's the success, or lack thereof of those negotiations that will determine Suits future. The USA Network is not planning it's shows around Meghan and Harry. And Meghan seems to have a very good relationship with her coworkers and would never expect that.

As for Meghan's contract and ending her part in the series, yes that has probably all been worked out and decided on. I think Suits has been very kind to her. They haven't really made her do any press, and they could have if they wanted to, because I guarantee it's in her contract. As for press/ publicity for the back half of season 7, I can see them having her do one print piece (easier to control) as a farewell to the show, and that will probably be it.

With all of this I'm just more and more convinced we won't be hearing anything about an engagement this month. It's just my gut feeling.

I am pretty sure that Meghan dating Harry has given them a lot of free publicity, so oficially she might not have done much but I am sure the show has benefitted from her non-promotion.

:previous: It certainly wouldn't hurt the show. Likely many people who hadn't seen the show before, started watching to see who she was.

Yes it has definitely helped the show, but it's probably also been a bit of a pain. But they all seem to think highly of Meghan, so I'm sure it's not something the hold against her or anything. And I don't see Meghan being a diva or anything, so she's probably tried to keep any disruption on her end to a minimum.

Yes it has definitely helped the show, but it's probably also been a bit of a pain. But they all seem to think highly of Meghan, so I'm sure it's not something the hold against her or anything. And I don't see Meghan being a diva or anything, so she's probably tried to keep any disruption on her end to a minimum.

Shows deal with their stars and their personal lives all the time. Sometimes it brings some spotlight. Show producers are used to this. As long as it isn't Negative press, its not going to affect her position on the show. Right now it just meant a bit of added security needed.

The show is likely thankful they are dealing with a 'royal romance' and not the kind of scandal 'House of cards' is now trying to survive.

Sometimes too, an actor or actress will announce that they're leaving the show during the airing of their last season such as Michael Weatherly (Tony) did with NCIS and now Pauley Perrette (Abby) is doing. People in series such as these and Suits do move on. That's the beauty of these shows. No one character is the central focus that makes or breaks the show or the storylines.

It does stand to reason though that Meghan would not announce or make public any future plans until after her commitment to Suits is over and done with. Suits has been kind to her and the last thing she'd want to do is look like she's using Suits as a springboard to better and brighter things in her life ahead of her. To me, that shows loyalty and consideration for those that she has worked with closely for the past seven years. It also shows me that if this is part of her character makeup, then Harry's found the right woman that will embrace his lifestyle and all that comes with it with the same dedication that she's given to Suits.

Personally, I think Harry has grabbed the brass ring on the merry-go-round of life. :D

The more I thought about this post, the more I'm inclined to think that one of the big reasons why Meghan hasn't been so "out there" promoting Suits or even being overly vocal about her relationship with Harry and the possibility of becoming his bride is that its possible at the back of her mind, she doesn't want to be seen as trying to draw focus away from Suits and its cast. With all the intense interest in her since the news of the relationship broke in the public eye, she's doing all she can to *not* make it all about her and her love interest. She's not that kind of a self seeking attention grabbing person. That also shows character. The more I get to know about this person, the more I like her.

Last edited:
I see the elegance of that solution, but I do think it leaves a lot of people in limbo. I strongly feel that the renewal will be announced at the same time as the cast list for season 8 (mostly because if they announced the renewal but not Meghan's status, they would *drown* in questions). And waiting until March to announce the renewal really isn't fair to the other actors and crew. Nor is it especially practical since the information will likely leak before that anyway.

I'm not at all suggesting the announcement of the show's renewal would wait, only the announcement of an engagement.

I agree with you loonytick. Meghan seems to be the kind of person that wouldn't want anything to "steal the thunder" of Suits or anything else for that matter. When all is said and done and things are all in place, it'll be time to announce an engagement. She'll want to be totally free and clear of Suits and have her ducks all in a row and settled before moving forward with a big announcement.

If this is how she is planning to do things, that shows me too that she'll fit in nicely working *with* the BRF rather than just *for* the BRF. She does seem to work nicely with people as a team effort.

I've said before that I think an engagement announcement will come January, at the latest and I'm sticking to that. I don't see them waiting until after the last episodes have aired nor do I see the need to do so. If she truly is done with the show after filming wraps and has decided to move to London afterwards, then she will have decided to move on to the next chapter of her life. No need to delay an engagement or announcement if they are ready to take that step.

Last edited:
I also think that by the end of the year there will be an engagement announcement. There is no need to wait for the end of the broadcast of episodes of the series.

My guess is that the date of the engagement announcement will depend on when they plan to marry. They’re not going to announce it a year before, it’s just not how the BRF does things. So, if they marry in May I can see an announcement in December, but if they marry in July I don’t expect an announcement before February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom