Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm hoping the documentary airing tonight is able to track down more info on Mary Bird as Meghan traveled to Malta, in part to learn more about her.
I think Meghan herself would probably enjoy any respectfully done genealogy research on her family as she seems to have an interest in it.

LITTLEROCK exclusive: MEGHAN MARKLE from SUITS tells why she absolutely loves Malta - Writer 4 Writing

"Meghan was born and raised in Los Angeles but within the first 30 seconds she was telling us about her personal Maltese connection: " ... coming to Malta has been really important to me because my great-great-grandmother lived here, so we’ve been trying to trace the ancestry."

"I have to be honest, for me it (this trip) was mostly about trying to understand where I come from, my identity. There is something so lovely about fitting in a piece of the puzzle; about understanding how, generations ago, I had someone from my family here, and gaining a sense of what it was like. It’s the first time I’ve had the opportunity to explore my ancestry, which is really exciting, and it’s nice that it has exceeded any expectation I may have had."

Last edited:
The only thing I can find for confirmed relationships are

Her ex-husband (2004 to 2013)

The Golfer Rory Mcllroy (briefly in 2014)

The Chef Cory Vitillo (not sure of start date but supposed to have started sometime after Mcllroy and gone off and on until it ended around April of 2016)

Meghan never dated Rory McIlroy they were friends.

Meghan never dated Rory McIlroy they were friends.

That's what happens when one is in the public eye. It wasn't that long ago if Harry looked sideways at a woman anywhere, the press had him halfway up the aisle with her already. :whistling:

Forgive me, I just dislike misinformation being spread.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not surprising to me. Like with the publication of the Harry and Meghan love story (in another thread), the people that are trying to make money off of this relationship already have very basic facts that are credible and the rest is the stuff that tabloids have been rehashing over and over and over again for lack of real information to write about.

Forgive me, I just dislike misinformation being spread.

It's fine--I know how easy it is to react to a post when you read it before you read further down the thread. I've done it myself.?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've deleted the discussion about Suits. If you wish to talk about the show (characters, episodes, spin-offs, etc) you can always start a thread in the Media Centre forum.

Last edited:
The Fail has produced an article about some long ago ancestor of Meghan's shared with the Queen Mother. I don't care about that, but one little snippet from the article did intrigue me. A 17th century German Markle ancestor had a coat of arms. I can't find the relevant thread for this but I wonder whether Meghan's father could claim that as his when his daughter becomes engaged and it could be incorporated on his daughter's after marriage. It's a rather nice design in a beautiful blue.

Harry and Meghan are cousins family tree from 1480 reveals | Daily Mail Online

Details in the below sound interesting, if true. I doubt that Meghan will be joining the royal family on BP balcony for Remembrance Day though, unless an engagement has been announced beforehand:
Prince Harry is personally training Meghan Markle to be a royal | New York Post

The findings in the below article are not so farfetched because if we go back far enough, we're all related. Meghan and Harry are 15th cousins (there have been reports of Kate & William being related as well). It's interesting that both couples are related via the Queen Mother, Elizabeth Bowes Lyons' side of the royal family:

The description of Buckingham Palace as 'White Colonialists' tells one all one need to know, about the objectivity of this [alleged] ex 'Royal Correspondent'.

HMQ, [the head of this 'hotbed of racists'] has spent her life nurturing links to, and improving the Commonwealth, which is a FREE association of nations of all manner of ethnicities. Had she not treated these peoples as equals, they [and the likes of Mr Obama, and Mr Mandela] would hardly have remained 'close' !
I defy anyone to suggest she has a racist 'bone in her body'..

Last edited:
The description of Buckingham Palace as 'White Colonialists' tells one all one need to know, about the objectivity of this [alleged] ex 'Royal Correspondent'.

HMQ, [the head of this 'hotbed of racists'] has spent her life nurturing links to, and improving the Commonwealth, which is a FREE association of nations of all manner of ethnicities. Had she not treated these peoples as equals, they [and the likes of Mr Obama, and Mr Mandela] would hardly have remained 'close' !
I defy anyone to suggest she has a racist 'bone in her body'..

I completely agree.

An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland

I have two comments about this "opinion piece."
1st-Of course in Britain they are going to look for a British connection before anything else, to imply otherwise is being deliberately obtuse. (Also, these ancestors are easier to track back.)
2nd-Yvonne Ridley "a former royal correspondent" is questionable, seems she's more much republican than royalist and has written other things stirring up anti British feelings. Definitely need to consider the source-she has an agenda methinks.

An interesting article from a former royal correspondent about the subtle but deliberate attempt by the media and the palace to make Meghan more palatable to the British public

The disgraceful white-washing of Meghan Markle | HeraldScotland

The thing is MM is biracial and has stated her pride in both her mother and her father. I see no problem with examining her genealogy. KP has stood up for MM and PH has made sure to include her mother in the IG games. The problem is not the palace but the crappy tabloid media who used MM's heritage in a coded attempt to rile up their readers. This article is yet another example of how the writers are using MM to promote their agenda and narrative.

Good point. And I know we've been focusing in on November 15th, but shows are known to go over when filming. Especially at the end of the season. Two of my favorite shows, Glee and the West Wing were notorious for that. I'd say their drop dead date to be done filming, is probably Thanksgiving, because everyone most likely has plans. That's another reason I'm just not seeing November for an engagement announcement. There's just to many moving parts and took much going on.

I think you're right about it going longer than the 15 but ending before US Thanksgiving; IATSE 873 (the union for construction, craft service, electric, grip, hair, make-up, paint, script, set dec/props/greens, sound/boom, special effects, transport and wardrobe) has listed the contract for the show as ending on November 21.

Details in the below sound interesting, if true. I doubt that Meghan will be joining the royal family on BP balcony for Remembrance Day though, unless an engagement has been announced beforehand:
Prince Harry is personally training Meghan Markle to be a royal | New York Post

The findings in the below article are not so farfetched because if we go back far enough, we're all related. Meghan and Harry are 15th cousins (there have been reports of Kate & William being related as well). It's interesting that both couples are related via the Queen Mother, Elizabeth Bowes Lyons' side of the royal family:

The only way for Meghan to attend Remembrance Sunday is for the engagement announced before hand. Unless Lacey and Seward know something we don’t know yet.

I think the Balconies overlooking the Cenotaph [which are already rather cramped], are unlikely to fit HMQ,the DoE,the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge, the Countess of Wessex and Ms Markle on them this year.
I consider it unthinkable until she is actually married..

Last edited:
With the Queen and Philip on the balcony, Sophie and Tim may even be pushed over to a secondary balcony with the Kents and Gloucesters. No way for Meghan as a girlfriend would be there with the Queen and Philip. Even as engaged woman probably would not be main balcony.

There is no way she will be attending Remembrance Sunday.

Unengaged and even engaged persons do not attend events which are of National importance. I understand speculating but there are some things that hold true.

Of course the geneology focusses on the british roots. Meghan is going to, or it seems, to marry a British prince. She is a foreigner marrying in. Of course they are going to emphasize any links she has to England, plain and simple. Just like when Kate got married, they tried to find any aristocratic connection she had, as she was the 'commoner' bride. Its not a white washing of anything.

Meghan is extremely proud to be biracial and speaks about it all the time. And nothing about the queen and her many years of service, even whispers racism. Both her and Charles have done a lot to be inclusive, of other races and religions.

Whoever suggested that Meghan would be part of rememberance obviously knows nothing about BRF and how it runs. Unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement first, she wont be up there. And considering she is still filming until the 15th, there wont be an announcement before rememberance day.

Of course the geneology focusses on the british roots. Meghan is going to, or it seems, to marry a British prince. She is a foreigner marrying in. Of course they are going to emphasize any links she has to England, plain and simple. Just like when Kate got married, they tried to find any aristocratic connection she had, as she was the 'commoner' bride. Its not a white washing of anything.

Meghan is extremely proud to be biracial and speaks about it all the time. And nothing about the queen and her many years of service, even whispers racism. Both her and Charles have done a lot to be inclusive, of other races and religions.

Whoever suggested that Meghan would be part of rememberance obviously knows nothing about BRF and how it runs. Unless there is a ring on her finger and an official announcement first, she wont be up there. And considering she is still filming until the 15th, there wont be an announcement before rememberance day.

Good post, Countessmeout.

With Harry and Meghan not giving us or the media much to really work with, I'm surprised that there hasn't been an intensive bloodline work done on Meghan's dogs, Bogart and Guy. Oh waitaminute! They were both rescue dogs. Never mind. Meghan herself tells the story.

How Ellen DeGeneres Convinced Meghan Markle to Adopt a Dog + More Facts From Our May Cover Star | Page 4 of 10 | Best Health Magazine Canada

Personally, I give these dogs a whole lot of credit. Dogs are so very good at sniffing out the character of the person that comes into their owner's life and I seriously doubt that Meghan would have remained as fond of Harry as she is unless her dogs put their "paws of approval" on the man. The article also will answer some questions about importing dogs between countries. Meghan did it with "little guy" Guy from Kentucky to Canada. Tells me one thing and that is if Meghan is slated to move to the UK, you can pretty well be assured that her dogs will come with her.

Just another example of how both Harry and Meghan have big and kind hearts. Oh.. another interesting tidbit. Bogart is a mixed breed and Guy is a beagle and they are best buddies. :D

Good post, Countessmeout.

With Harry and Meghan not giving us or the media much to really work with, I'm surprised that there hasn't been an intensive bloodline work done on Meghan's dogs, Bogart and Guy. Oh waitaminute! They were both rescue dogs. Never mind. Meghan herself tells the story.

How Ellen DeGeneres Convinced Meghan Markle to Adopt a Dog + More Facts From Our May Cover Star | Page 4 of 10 | Best Health Magazine Canada

Personally, I give these dogs a whole lot of credit. Dogs are so very good at sniffing out the character of the person that comes into their owner's life and I seriously doubt that Meghan would have remained as fond of Harry as she is unless her dogs put their "paws of approval" on the man. The article also will answer some questions about importing dogs between countries. Meghan did it with "little guy" Guy from Kentucky to Canada. Tells me one thing and that is if Meghan is slated to move to the UK, you can pretty well be assured that her dogs will come with her.

Just another example of how both Harry and Meghan have big and kind hearts. Oh.. another interesting tidbit. Bogart is a mixed breed and Guy is a beagle and they are best buddies. :D

Well at least we know Guy and Bogart will be fine at Kensington palace. They are used to living in Toronto, not having a wide open yard. But yes, I am certain Harry had to pass the dog test. A dog's opinion is just as key as a parent's, and as hard to win (only thing harder is a cat's). Animals know people's intentions quite well.

Maybe Camilla and Meghan can bond over rescue dogs. Both her beloved dogs are rescues as well.

But yes, I am certain Harry had to pass the dog test. A dog's opinion is just as key as a parent's, and as hard to win (only thing harder is a cat's). Animals know people's intentions quite well.

I don't believe that for a minute!

Dogs always come right to me, and I simply can't stand them!
If they know that instinctively, you'd think they would keep their distance, yet they NEVER do!

I know I’m as excited as others here waiting for an announcement. I’ve often thought how excited this gal must be. While the rest of the world wants to dissect every little bit, she’s able to keep her emotions in check and her feel on solid ground. Meghan has class in my book!

I think the both of them are approaching this relationship and where it may lead to with cool, calm and collective heads. Perhaps they're not feeding into the frenzy because they're just letting things develop at its own pace and not being rash and jumping off cliffs without parachutes. That is what tells me this is quite a mature relationship.

I think the both of them are approaching this relationship and where it may lead to with cool, calm and collective heads. Perhaps they're not feeding into the frenzy because they're just letting things develop at its own pace and not being rash and jumping off cliffs without parachutes. That is what tells me this is quite a mature relationship.

So true! We're the ones putting them on a time table. (Totally guilty!) But, honestly their time table could end up being different than anything we have suggested here. They may have other things to consider that we have no knowledge of. It sure is fun to read the tea leaves, but I'm also anxious to see just how much we got wrong, after the fact. LOL!

Two things I really do think are factoring into and timeline. One is Kate's due date, which actually is easy. Anything after mid May is probably fine. The second is the age of Harry's grandparents. No one wants to think about it, but they are both 90 now. And I know the Queen Mother was going strong until 100. But I don't think that's a chance Harry would want to take. Not to mention I have this feeling that Prince Phillips might not be doing that well. So if anything assures a wedding next year I think that's it.

But again we could all be off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom