Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant more that someone would say something racist to Meghan on walkabout, not a at a planned charity event. And yes, if that did happen, Meghan would handle it with grace, but it still worries me.

Who is Charlie Meade? Is it possible that Camilla's grandkids would be in the wedding party? Weren't they in Will and Kate's?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Exactly.

First of all, Meghan is a mainly TV actress. Second, she has done absolutely no work on a Miramax film, nor does she a share any common credits with HW. Dragging her name into the scandal would be obvious clickbait and I don't think most people would give it credence.

And, as LaRae points out, the one with the mud on him here is HW, not his victims.

I saw at least one article about Harry's ex Cressida's connection to HW, so they have that scandal covered for click bait, thus I doubt they'll try anything w/ Meghan who has no connection w/ HW.

Charlie Meades' father, Harry, is a fellow equestrian friend of Zara's and Prince Harry...they go way back.

One of Camilla's granddaughters was in the wedding party of William/Kate.

LaRae

Last edited:
I meant more that someone would say something racist to Meghan on walkabout, not a at a planned charity event. And yes, if that did happen, Meghan would handle it with grace, but it still worries me.

Who is Charlie Meade? Is it possible that Camilla's grandkids would be in the wedding party? Weren't they in Will and Kate's?

Yes, Eliza Lopes (Laura's daughter) was a bridesmaid for Kate. She has 8 year old sons who would be a bit old to be paired with George. Tom's kids are 10 and 7, the son 7 so again seems a bit old to be paired with George.

Charlie Meade is the son of Harry Meade, an event rider. He and James, his brother, are friends with both William and Harry. Charlie is often seen with Mia at eventing, he is the same age as her and George. Age wise he would be a good partner with George.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/09/08/16/440AF2C000000578-4865894-image-a-63_1504883236494.jpg

What about Mark Dyer's son(s) as pages? Harry is still very close to Mark, and Jasper Dyer is his godson.

Would make sense if Jasper is the right age since he's Harry's godson.

LaRae

What about Mark Dyer's son(s) as pages? Harry is still very close to Mark, and Jasper Dyer is his godson.

Jasper will be about six if they marry next summer. Closer at least in age to George then say James. The pages for Kate were 2 years apart, so good option.

Royals like other public figures are advised to handle such incidents quietly and move on. It's unpleasant, but unlike most of us if they feel their safety is threatened than their security steps in to deal with the situation.

Ask the Spencers if criticism and attention died down as other royal weddings happened.

The Middletons are the inlaws of the future king of England, grandparents/aunts/uncles of the future king of England. They are always going to draw attention.

Absolutely agree and unfortunately this is true. :sad:

What I fear is that someone would say something racist to Meghan's face while she is at an engagement. If Harry is there, it won't be pretty.
Meghan has grown up without anyone protecting her from the harsh realities of life. I think it is a very rare troll that would go for a face to face confrontation. They do their best work unseen and unknown.

However, should some troll step into the light, Meghan is more than able to deal with such an encounter with grace and dignity and Harry isn't a hot-headed 20-year-old anymore and would be more inclined to move her away and leave the protection squad to deal with it. I believe he cares enough to understand its all about Meghan, not him. Last year's press release showed that.

:previous: Two adults, as I assume Harry will have a best man as well. But the maid of honor isn't simply there to wrangle kids, she is there as a witness for the bride. Helping with the kids is just a bonus.

Princess Anne only had two children for attendants at her wedding to Mark Phillips: Lady Sarah and Prince Edward (though her husband did have a Best Man).

Who is James?
As TLLK said: James is Harry's cousin. More precisely, he is the queen's youngest grandson. He is also known as Viscount Severn. His older sister Lady Louise was one of William and Catherine's flower girls.

Princess Anne only had two children for attendants at her wedding to Mark Phillips: Lady Sarah and Prince Edward (though her husband did have a Best Man).
Neither of them were littles though- they were both 9 1/2 years old. Old enough to not need nearby oversight.
It will be interesting to see what Meghan and Harry choose should there be a wedding

The heir to Longleat claims says his mother was banned from his wedding to Emma McQuiston, who will become Britain's first black marchioness, after hurtful comments about the family's "400 years of bloodline"

One of Kate's oldest friends Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs attended the wedding (As well William and Catherine's wedding)

Racisn may be a polblem with the plebes but Megham will be a royal duchess

Rift at Longleat over 'racism' towards Britain's first black marchioness - Telegraph

What does this article have to do with Harry and Meghan's relationship?

A few post up people were talking about someone said a racist comment to to Meaghan at a social engagement

I believe it was scriptgirl

I think something was posted a while back ago on this family in the British Nobility thread. Sounds to me like its a three ring circus of aristos acting badly. Perhaps Meghan could turn the idea of a script for a made for TV movie about them?? :D

Racism is the least of this family's weirdness if you ask me.

this family's weirdness

The British Aristocracy is notoriously eccentric, but the Thynn's 'take the biscuit' and win over [even] the Herveys...

I still like the idea of them not marrying in July. People will only remember that Charles and Di and Fergie and Andrew got married that month, not the other marriages.

I hope for an August or September wedding.

I have to say I wonder how far the Palace is mapping things out. Do you remember after Will and Kate got engaged and they visited England, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland? Do you think engagements for those countries are being mapped out for Harry or Meghan? Or will those engagements not happen?

I would like a winter wedding or fall-October-anyone, but most likely, that won't happen.
Does anyone know or want to venture a guess to question upthread about whether or not, after an engagement is announced, if Meghan and Harry will visit Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and do an engagement in England as Will and Kate did before their nuptials?

I would doubt that there will be an August wedding as HM is in Scotland during that month and the palace maintenance takes place then. A quick search has revealed that none of the 20th and 21st century British royal weddings took place in August. Spring, Summer and Fall have been the most popular seasons obviously. Royal weddings have to be scheduled around the existing calendar.

If Harry and Meghan become engaged then they might do a few engagements together in England.? However I don't know if they'd be sent to all parts of the UK. William and Kate after all are the future monarch/consort of the UK so it would be necessary for them to visit those places.

Last edited:
I hope it's OK to pop this here temporarily while the Harry/Meghan thread is closed, but Emily Andrews has just reported that she's heard that Meghan has told the producers of Suits that she won't be signing for an eighth series. She's out, finishes next month.

So it looks as if the pathway is now clear for Meghan to permanently join Harry in London after November 15th or thereabouts.

Although most of us have felt that this would be the way things happen and she'd not renew her contract, I'll believe it when there's an actual reputable source that confirms it. It does seem to be heading that way though. :D

I hope it's OK to pop this here temporarily while the Harry/Meghan thread is closed, but Emily Andrews has just reported that she's heard that Meghan has told the producers of Suits that she won't be signing for an eighth series. She's out, finishes next month.

So it looks as if the pathway is now clear for Meghan to permanently join Harry in London after November 15th or thereabouts.

I don't watch the series so any idea as to how her character will be leave the show?

Yes this does seem to be a clear signal that things are moving forward. ?(However I refuse to jinx things by saying certain words!)?

I don't watch the series so any idea as to how her character will be leave the show?

Yes this does seem to be a clear signal that things are moving forward. ?(However I refuse to jinx things by saying certain words!)?

She will probably go off and work for her dad's firm .

Although most of us have felt that this would be the way things happen and she'd not renew her contract, I'll believe it when there's an actual reputable source that confirms it. It does seem to be heading that way though. :D

She said further down that KP and Meghan's agent didn't deny it but refused to comment publicly .
NBC said discussions about a 8th season were still ongoing with the cast - but the way that works is that they won't even confirm a pick up until the two mains have agreed in principle to an extension .So the network will keep it vague for as long as possible .

As I've said earlier, I'll believe it when it becomes irrefutable fact. :whistling:

Curiouser and curiouser .... lease not renewed on her car and now this...

LaRae

Bit of Sunday fun

Meghan Markle's future role in the monarchy is reportedly causing 'conflict' behind the scenes, according to a royal insider.

The Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter told Sky News that planning for a new era of the monarchy with the younger royals at the helm as the Queen eases her workload is leading to clashes.

'I don't think there is a conflict behind the scenes as far as the main players - the royals - are concerned… but there probably is a conflict between the people who are organising them,' he said.

'There's a tendency for people who join the royal households to get a bit of red carpet fever, feel a bit more important than they should do and don't get on with the job properly.

'So there is a conflict of interest, a personality clash amongst each other, and that is not good.'

His statement comes amid rumours that staff are already preparing for an announcement of Prince Harry and Meghan's engagement.
Read More: Meghan Markle's future role is causing 'conflict' | Daily Mail Online

'There's a tendency for people who join the royal households to get a bit of red carpet fever, feel a bit more important than they should do and don't get on with the job properly.
Unless she uses Harry's staff she will at least need a private secretary. I think that's what Dickie is referring to.

Meghan's staff will have to know their place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom