Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Harry the head of any rugby organizations? Hel, when I clicked that link to the Allure piece, it said it didn't exist. How did you find it?

Well, didn't Diana have a big hand in designing her wedding dress and Fergie as well?

TBH, I doubt Meghan would wear a British designer for the dress and since she is not marrying the heir, it may not raise such a stink.

We may see them together at England rugby matches in November provided Harry isn't there in an official capacity but just as a fan. The matches on the 18th and 25th are my best guesses but I could be wrong.

They finish filming Suits on November 15th, she might hop over the pond to London for a few days before Thanksgiving on November 23rd.

Why wouldn't she be able to keep it? Several royals have an instagram account (though perhaps not in the UK?). If she intends to continue with her work as goodwill ambassador it would make sense not to lose the followers that she has at the moment.

Does she still use her IG account?

LaRae

She hasn't posted in a long while, same with her twitter. I kinda doubt that would change should she and Harry marry. Seems there would be even less use for them since there are at least two royal twitter accounts and an instagram account with more followers than she has. That said, I'd love if she kept them and occasionally tweeted about her work and other things important to her. That would be refreshing to see.

She hasn't posted in a while. She shut down her Tig website and hasn't posted on her IG since April.

I am thinking she will have to delete her IG soon and I am shocked it still up. For whatever reason, the BRF does seem to frown on personal public social media accounts. Not sure why.

I hope Meghan is able to keep her IG account and I think it is crappy that she wouldn't be able to. I hope she is able to keep some individuality.

Why wouldn't she be able to keep it? Several royals have an instagram account (though perhaps not in the UK?). If she intends to continue with her work as goodwill ambassador it would make sense not to lose the followers that she has at the moment.

The British monarchy is a lot more uptight that the other royal families. Everything she posted would be judged as improper.

Exactly, Alow and I think it sucks that the BRF is so uptight. It makes no sense. Come into the 21st century.

I was really saddened that Meghan had to shut down the TIG. I am hoping she can continue to blog about her interests. Why was she forced to shut it down, anyway?

The British monarchy is a lot more uptight that the other royal families. Everything she posted would be judged as improper.

I'm not so sure it is the monarchy so much as some of the subjects of the monarchy who judge harshly.

Exactly, Alow and I think it sucks that the BRF is so uptight. It makes no sense. Come into the 21st century.

I was really saddened that Meghan had to shut down the TIG. I am hoping she can continue to blog about her interests. Why was she forced to shut it down, anyway?

She wasn't forced--she chose to shut it down. It brought her unwanted attention.

Last edited:
Did she say it was her choice? And either way, she was going to have unwanted attention, so I don't buy that.

Yes I agree that it's not likely to see them again till late Nov or into Dec...busy busy work time for both of them...I bet they are burning up the skype and/or phone lines though!

Most likely the wedding dress will be a Brit. I think her wedding lunch/dinner dresses would be American and/or Canadian.

A Canadian designer wouldn't be considered to be a U.K. designer, technically or otherwise.

LaRae
I agree with your timing but when it comes to her wedding dress I think, like every royal bride, she will have her own input and may very well choose an American designer as her wedding itself signifies her change of lifestyle if not the relinquishment of her citizenship. It's her chance to show who Meghan Markle, successful actress, blogger, sometime designer and American citizen to the world. If the wedding is filmed, more people will see it and her more than any other one time in her life.

Meghan closed the TIG quite some time ago and I definitely do not believe that Harry sat her down and told her "if you want to date me lose the blog!". It was too soon in the relationship to make lifestyle demands. I think it was a combination of factors, including spare time and a boyfriend she didn't want to share with anyone anytime soon, being chief among them.

Marg, I agree re Meghan possibly choosing an American designer for her wedding dress and if she does, I do not see why anyone would be offended. She IS American.

Also, I wonder if, when she gets hitched, if the press will persist in calling her "Meghan Markle" as they persist in calling Kate, "Kate Middleton."

Off topic and I admit it. So no one reply. I don't want a spat, I just want to comment.
I think it bad form to name call here in posts. And specifically I think it overreaching when my fellow countrymen name call the Brits or anyone else - just based on cultural differences. It's a different culture, so when we judge the BRF by US standards, I just think we are speaking out of turn.
I enjoy the forums because of the diversity and differences in our cultures. Just saying.
And I am just tickled pink that both Harry and Meghan seem so happy right now.

Did she say it was her choice? And either way, she was going to have unwanted attention, so I don't buy that.

She didn't say anything, she just shut it down.

Of course she can't avoid unwanted attention. But these optional platforms (her social media, The Tig) are one place where she can exert a semblance of control over what fodder the rest of the world does or doesn't have for poring over and extrapolating this and that.

No one can force her to do anything she doesn't want to. And judging based on what we know about these two people, it's highly unlikely that would happen. Harry seems the supportive type to people he loves. Meghan isn't a push over either.

I see it as one of those things she was willing to give up early on, considering that it was a side project and not her main source of income. But I understand the frustration or disappointment with her shutting it down and not being so prominent on social media anymore. I know some of her other fans have expressed that sentiment. She is an actress, although not one of the most high profile, and so it made sense for her to connect more via her blog and social media. Not being able to do so really doesn't benefit her professionally, which is exactly one of the reasons I believe Harry and KP approved that VF interview. I see Harry being very supportive of her, not pressuring her into anything but mutually deciding how best to balance their professional and personal lives.

Last edited:
Okay, I can see the points being made re social media. But do you think Meghan will still be called "Meghan Markle" post marriage just as Kate is called "Kate Middleton" still?

I'm sure some will call her that, yes...or Duchess Meghan. We may even see/hear Princess Meghan. Much of the media doesn't necessarily know or care about what is or isn't correct, re: royal titles.

I think so. Harry will almost certainly get a Dukedom, making Meghan a Duchess, and the tabloids seem to think that their readers wouldn't know these women if addressed by their proper titles. So it will be Meghan Markle for sure for several years.

I've not gotten the impression, based on Meghan's strong views about things, that she is going to be told what to do with her social media or jobs.

Many couples get together then change various aspects of their lives. She and Harry are no different.

The media being beyond rude will most likely still call Meghan ..Meghan Markle.

LaRae

If Harry & Meghan marry, I suspect the media outlets who call William's wife Kate Middleton will continue to call Meghan Meghan Markle, and the media outlets (mostly American) who erroneously use the title Princess Kate, will also erroneously use the title Princess Meghan.

What I cannot wrap my head around is an American, who espouses equality for all, is OK with having people bow and curtsey to her. Especially for no reason other than who she married. I will give leeway on taking the title since as I understand it Harry's wife will have it by virtue of marriage anyway (much like Camilla is in reality Princess of Wales regardless of the title she uses), but I simply cannot get over the bowing & curtseying. I would be appalled if someone felt the need to do so to me, and would make sure the public is informed that it is not something I am comfortable with, and do not want performed. It may come with the territory so to speak, but I would not be able to compromise my principles due to marriage.

MMV

Last edited:
If Harry & Meghan marry, I suspect the media outlets who call William's wife Kate Middleton will continue to call Meghan Meghan Markle, and the media outlets (mostly American) who erroneously use the title Princess Kate, will also erroneously use the title Princess Meghan.

What I cannot wrap my head around is an American, who espouses equality for all, is OK with having people bow and curtsey to her. Especially for no reason other than who she married. I will give leeway on taking the title since as I understand it she Harry's wife will have it by virtue of marriage anyway (much like Camilla is in reality Princess of Wales regardless of the title she uses), but I simply cannot get over the bowing & curtseying. I would be appalled if someone felt the need to do so to me, and would make sure the public is informed that it is not something I am comfortable with, and do not want performed. It may come with the territory so to speak, but I would not be able to compromise my principles due to marriage.

MMV
I don't believe the bowing and curtseying is required this day and age. It's a choice. That curtesy is given to the Queen and Prince Phillip even by members of their family, well at least the curtseying. However, the young royal generally just shake hands with people or hug them. :lol:

:)Thanks for your reply, jacqui24. I agree that these days it is a choice, but I would be so uncomfortable with people making that choice when it would come to bowing & curtseying to me. That's why I think I would make it known that I do not want anyone bowing or curtseying in my direction. And honestly, I can't imagine any American being fine with it.

Last edited:
I think so. Harry will almost certainly get a Dukedom, making Meghan a Duchess, and the tabloids seem to think that their readers wouldn't know these women if addressed by their proper titles. So it will be Meghan Markle for sure for several years.

The press always makes up a nickname like Lady Di then Princess Di, Sarah was always called Fergie and then the awful name Duchess of Pork. They don't seem to come up with nicknames as they did in the 80's.

Omigod, AlowVera, I just figured out your screenname! Can't believe it took me this long!

I hope they don't call her Sparkles in the UK press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom