Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The public thinks they know Kate. What did people really know about the person before their engagement? They haven't even heard her voice. Plus, a good start doesn't mean they won't hate, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't try for the best start.

If someone wants they can easily hear her voice. She's done enough public speaking.

The 'shock' of her being an actress is over with. If she has left the show it won't matter there's a few episodes still left to air.

LaRae

I wonder who Meghan's Matron/Maid of honor will be. Will it be Jessica or her other bestie, Lindsay.

She could go the Diana route and not have one. And does anyone know why Diana did not have one?

That is a good question. Kate had Pippa, Zara had her friend Dolly, Diana's oldest attendant was 17 year old Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones, the Queen had eight adult women as her attendants including her sister and a number of cousins.
It will be interesting to see what Meghan the bride will choose if (when) the wedding happens.

Last edited:
I thought Harry and Chelsy might go the distance, but never thought during their time together that an engagement was imminent. They were too young and had military training and grad school going towards the end.
I never thought Cressida was the one.
This relationship seems more mature and settled.

Perhaps. But a lot of royal watchers were convinced earlier (not me, I was rather indifferent). After the breakups, then the justifications started being formulated. Soon it went from "Wow, they split!" to "Of course, they split!". If Meghan and Harry split, the immediate reaction amongst most royal watchers would be shock. After a week, the justifications and analysis would start. By the time Harry started a new relationship, people on this thread would be saying "This relationship seems so different, I think he's finally found the one, not like Chelsy, Cressida and Meghan where an expiration date was clear! blah blah blah"

So, yes, until an engagement is announced, I equally expect an engagement or a breakup.

When it comes to the fickle-hearted Windsors, breakups don't really surprise me. The only one that would shock me to the core, would be if Philip and The Queen announced they were divorcing. Especially, if they made the announcement on their 70th wedding anniversary, for extra dramatic effect. :lol:

We know nothing much about Doria's side of the family, do we? We know about slave ancestors (thanks DF) and Doria's father being an art dealer. However, what about aunts, uncles, cousins? Meghan might pick a cousin's child as an attendant.

The public thinks they know Kate. What did people really know about the person before their engagement? They haven't even heard her voice. Plus, a good start doesn't mean they won't hate, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't try for the best start.

These are two people that most likely are going to marry and start a life together. Its not a publicity stunt where they will be overly concerned about what the public will think, do or say about their personal relationship.

There will be things that are taken into concern regarding the "public opinion" when it comes to their public roles and how they're presented and seen overall but an engagement and a wedding is their personal lives and their own personal events and the public masses or "haters" will be the least of their concerns or even figure into the overall picture.

Basically what I'm saying is that Harry and Meghan will call the shots. We, the public, will have to just accept how they do things and go from there. In a global society where a sneeze is heard around the world in an instant, everyone and anyone is going to have opinions, stories, innuendos and points of view about whatever is it that these two decide.

I don't think Harry and Meghan care about what will take up miles and miles of newsprint and online bits and bytes. They have not kowtowed to the public when it came to their personal relationship up until now and I expect this continue from here on out.

When it comes to the fickle-hearted Windsors, breakups don't really surprise me. The only one that would shock me to the core, would be if Philip and The Queen announced they were divorcing. Especially, if they made the announcement on their 70th wedding anniversary, for extra dramatic effect. :lol:

I feel bad for laughing at that, but that's actually quite funny. :lol:

But Chelsea and Harry were volatile. They kept doing this break up and make up thing. I feel like if you've done it more than once, you should just let it go.

It was the same with William and Kate's dating period over the years though, and they did have a couple of split ups. I'd like to have had a dollar for every time magazines and tabs had William on the point of proposing from 2007 onwards, or the engagement announcement expected month by month.

We know nothing much about Doria's side of the family, do we? We know about slave ancestors (thanks DF) and Doria's father being an art dealer. However, what about aunts, uncles, cousins? Meghan might pick a cousin's child as an attendant.

We know she has an aunt, who has an adult son but beyond that, it's seems to be a mystery.

That we have heard nothing from Doria's side of the family likely speaks to how close they are and how much they care about Meghan. Quite the contrast to the Markles. Hopefully, we will see more of Doria's family at the wedding, perhaps with a relative or two as an attendant.

Well Lindsay is pregnant according to what she said on her IG, so maybe not maid or matron of honor.

I think that Doria had a sister, but no one seems to know her whereabouts or if she is still living.

Last edited:
I thought I was being generous by suggesting a 3 week buffer, Andrew's christening and Margaret's wedding had a 4 week buffer.:lol: I base my opinions on previous happenings.

Again, you're free to believe that the two might occur back-to-back. Just like others are free to believe that the wedding will happen in August/September while the Queen is in Balmoral, that she'll make a special day trip down to England just for it. I just don't subscribe to that notion.

On that I fully agree! Everyone is free to hold their opinions. And this time we just have to wait and see what they do (although we will never know what might have happened only what will happen). We might know in a few months time or at least a year from now (so far haven't seen predictions for a 2019 wedding ;) ).

Meghan does have a niece that she seemed close to while she was still on IG. This niece hasn't said anything since this relationship was revealed. She is Samantha's daughter, but I don't think we should hold the mother's sin against the daughter. Meghan did mention before that her niece does pro bono work at a legal clinic. So it seems that giving back to the community is something the duo have in common.

The aunt and her son live in LA. Pretty sure she is still living. The DM even mentioned her and posted a picture in one of their articles.

Thanks for clearing that up.
I know Meghan shut down her website the Tig, but are there archives of it anywhere or a cached version I can browse?

Thanks for clearing that up.
I know Meghan shut down her website the Tig, but are there archives of it anywhere or a cached version I can browse?

Nope, she took the whole thing down. The Tig's twitter account is still up I believe, but it doesn't have any of the articles.

Thank you.

You know, I keep thinking and I am not sure why, that Meghan is so much older than Kate-not that Meghan looks her age-but there is only an age difference. I guess I feel that way because of the press harping on Meghan and Harry's age difference.

What I want to know is, when will we finally get the pic of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan together and besides that, what senior royal do we think will be pictured with Meghan first?

I really don't expect to see any pictures of the couple and the BRF made available to the public until the wedding. When these people get together as a family such as W&K&H&M, its a private event on their own personal time and not for public consumption. They most certainly will not be appearing at any public engagement before the wedding with anyone other than each other.

So, in answer to your question of which senior royal member we're probably going to see Meghan with first, my answer would have to be Harry. :whistling:

Sorry, the li'l demon in me made me do it. ?

In reality, Meghan isn't that much older than Kate is. Meghan is 36 and Kate is 33. Three years age difference isn't that much. There's more of an age difference between Meghan and Harry if we really look at it this way. ;)

Last edited:
Well Lindsay is pregnant according to what she said on her IG, so maybe not maid or matron of honor.

I think that Doria had a sister, but no one seems to know her whereabouts or if she is still living.

Not at all. Especially if waiting off until after Kate can attend.

Lindsay is 25 weeks pregnant, according to a September 24 post. So she is at the six month point. She should be due soon after the New Year. If they married in July, or even May, certainly wouldn't rule her out.

As for the whole christening......yes the christening is a big deal, but not like on the continent. We aren't talking a huge occasion with press, and foreign royals in attendance, and a huge security. It will not be any larger then Charlotte's which despite the professional photographer and archbishop, was pretty small.

Yes Margaret waited four weeks after her nephew was christened. But we have to look at the time front. Easter was April 17th that year. Meaning the first week between the two events was Lent. Though baptisms are held during Lent, weddings are nominally not. And her sister's birthday shortly followed on the 21st. April was certainly not an easy month to have a wedding that year. It made sense to wait till May.

I don't buy into the whole.....they are already engaged and hiding it thing. I think people bought too hard into the whole 'he propose in Africa'. Yes, I think they plan on being engaged, likely have spoken and put some plans into works. But I don't think he has proposed. If no other reason then I don't think he would have before she met the family, and she seems to have only met the queen and Charles recently. Even if they are engaged, she wont be allowed to attend Christmas at Sandringham with the queen so it is no reason for him to propose early. Meghan can be invited to private events like with Charles without having a ring, Kate certainly was.

Last edited:
:lol: Osipi!
I don't know about senior Royal, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Eugenie and Jack or Zara perhaps with the two of them at some stage when Meghan settles in at KP.
If there is an engagement and Harry and Meg go to the Carol concert for Harry van Straubenzee William occasionally turns up for that. So does Chelsy. Not that she's a Royal...had her chance! :lol:

:lol: Osipi!
I don't know about senior Royal, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Eugenie and Jack or Zara perhaps with the two of them at some stage when Meghan settles in at KP.
If there is an engagement and Harry and Meg go to the Carol concert for Harry van Straubenzee William occasionally turns up for that. So does Chelsy. Not that she's a Royal...had her chance! :lol:

Both brothers do. Harry missed in 2015 as he was in Africa on official duty. They are both patrons of the charity in his name. While William was close with Thomas in school, Prince Harry and Harry VS were classmates. The third brother Charlie was considered to be a wingman of Harry.

Kate is 35 and Meghan is 36.

Thanks. You're absolutely right. I'll just blame that li'l demon that took control of my fingers. Yeps.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D

I really don't expect to see any pictures of the couple and the BRF made available to the public until the wedding. When these people get together as a family such as W&K&H&M, its a private event on their own personal time and not for public consumption. They most certainly will not be appearing at any public engagement before the wedding with anyone other than each other.

So, in answer to your question of which senior royal member we're probably going to see Meghan with first, my answer would have to be Harry. :whistling:

Sorry, the li'l demon in me made me do it. ?

In reality, Meghan isn't that much older than Kate is. Meghan is 36 and Kate is 33. Three years age difference isn't that much. There's more of an age difference between Meghan and Harry if we really look at it this way. ;)

I thought Kate is 35? They are only 5 months apart. Meghan is in August and kate January of the following year.

Thank you.

You know, I keep thinking and I am not sure why, that Meghan is so much older than Kate-not that Meghan looks her age-but there is only an age difference. I guess I feel that way because of the press harping on Meghan and Harry's age difference.

What I want to know is, when will we finally get the pic of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan together and besides that, what senior royal do we think will be pictured with Meghan first?

Maybe because she's a divorcee. When I hear the word I automatically picture someone who is middle-aged, then you have to reset your mind and say 'Meghan and the Percy daughters are still fairly young', but natural inclination can be stubborn.

As for when Meghan will be pictured with Cambridges, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen until an engagement was announced. Pippa's husband wasn't pictured with them until engaged. Donna has been dating James for almost 5 years and she still hasn't been in the same picture frame as them. And of course, Cressida and Nico were never pictured with them.

As for which royal I think she'll be pictured with first, maybe Eugenie on a double date. If she wasn't filming I might suggest Peter's 40th birthday party in mid November, presuming he has a London nightclub party like he did for his 30th. But he's a dad now and he may prefer a quieter birthday at home in the countryside.

:previous: Diana was 35 when she got divorced. The trend is moving back towards marrying young, unfortunately with so many teen pregnancies. And divorces even in the twenties isn't becoming that uncommon. Sadly there will be women Meghan's age who are grandmothers on a second or third marriage in the next years to come.

Harry is quite close to Eugenie and Beatrice. I wouldn't be surprised when Meghan is in London full time, if we see them out together with his cousins. At least until they join the kid wagon, he and Meghan have more in common with them then with the Cambridges or Peter.

Do you think it is possible that when Meghan is married, she will on engagements with the Queen and Camilla as Kate did?

That is something that will be determined by the Firm itself. It may or may not happen. Another one of those wait and see thingies I gues. :D

Do you think it is possible that when Meghan is married, she will on engagements with the Queen and Camilla as Kate did?

Why not? She will be the same relation to the queen as Kate. Until Charles is king, they are on equal ground. The queen does engagements with Sophie, with the Yorks, Kate. She did with Fergie when married. I don't see why she wouldn't with Meghan. Camilla likely as well. Though Kate and Camilla haven't really done any one on one, mostly group events.

Meghan and Camilla could bond over their rescued dogs, who knows. Bogart and Guy are joining good company in the form of Bluebell and Beth.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aH7iS9OT22U/hqdefault.jpg
http://www.besthealthmag.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Bogar-Guy-MM.jpg

Last edited:

Absolutely. She will be seen on engagements with HM, C&C, and perhaps Catherine as well.

Meghan's parents have a good relationship. They both spent the last Thanksgiving with Meghan. Meghan said even though they divorced, both of her parents would still go on vacations together with her when she was little. And yea, I think living half way around the world does change things. It's one thing if they will spend all the holidays together to have them fly out, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at BRF is family only.

I have read that too. When Harry and Meghan get married (and I do believe it is a "when") I fully expect to see her parents sit together at the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom