Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is now looking for greener pastures then Reitman and website, this exposure can bring her more riches then then the low cost retail line, and yes, I don't like her, I don't trust her, I don't believe that she really loves Harry, she is in it for fame and fortune. He is a fool to get involved with her, it may be that she is the best he can get, in that case I wish him the best of luck, I just hate seeing him used that way, honestly he looks like a little lost boy who is so hungry for love that he will trust a snake. Prince Carl Philip and Sofia of Sweden come to mind. I was hoping for so much better for Harry.
That's quite harsh. Especially considering Sofia has proven herself and they clearly love each other. But anyway, this isn't about Carl and Sofia. Again, you are not basing anything on actual facts here. If she's looking for greener pasture, she's definitely doing it in a way that doesn't make sense. Shutting down her blog was terrible for her as it was great exposure and extremely well designed and written. It definitely helped her a lot. That's actually where UN noticed a piece she had written and contacted her for the women's advocate role. So obviously that was attracting good attention.

And btw, let's just clarify, an opinion is something like I don't like her. Something like she's looking for greener pasture becomes a statement of fact. And that can be fact checked.

Not everyone is going to like Meghan. Hell, not everyone liked Catherine -before and after marriage- but it's going to take things to become official for people to see Meghan as a royal.

Right now, some are put off by her being an actress. I get it, but people have to accept that's her life. The woman followed her passion and dreams.

The thing that is boggling some minds is that they can decide if she's an actress or Harry's girlfriend. In reality, she is herself, and both of these roles are part of her life and not mutually exclusive. I think when you think of it like that, it's simpler.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that is boggling some minds is that they can decide if she's an actress or Harry's girlfriend. In reality, she is herself, and both of these roles are part of her life and not mutually exclusive. I think when you think of it like that, it's simpler.

The reality is simple....she is both. She is not a young college graduate. She has developed a career and a life. And like most modern women, she doesn't simply drop that when a man comes along. Yes, if she and Harry were to marry she would, but for a new career. Being his wife is a job as well as a marriage. But until then she has every right to continue her career and goals. Just like other royal girlfriends like Letizia and Maxima. Most royal brides didn't give up their job until engagement.

British fans are just used to the only example in recent years being Kate. Kate was fresh out of college and willing to be just a girlfriend, and work for her parents part time to be available for him. She got a lot of bad press for this but people seem to forget that. Meghan is 36, she is in no way in the same place or mental state.

Honestly if she was a teacher, nurse, or librarian no one would bat an eyelash she kept a career when she was dating.

As for the photo and looking dishevelled, do people actually think that was her choice? No. Those photo shoots have stylists and directors, who choose the looks. This was not some editorial choice of her own.

:previous:
Jacqui24:
Know what really impressed me about her, the statement she made that her relationship with Harry did not define who she was........and I think that is what Harry saw in her and made him fall in love..........she is a person in her own right and has made her own way in this world.....that shows strong character and a sense of self worth and confidence......that makes her a great partner for any man and he better be worth her for she is priceless with that.

I can't believe that anyone would take the opinions of E! NEWS hosts seriously. Their network worships at the alter of the Kardashians - PLEASE! When I think of honesty and realness, I immediately think about those wholesome Kardashians - NOT! Meghan is a lovely person, and she will be a great addition to Harry's life. All of this pearl clutching is unnecessary, because Harry is an adult, who is more than capable of making his own decisions. It's his life.

You do realize tousled hair is a fashion thing right? I'm not seeing anything other than hair on her head, so I'm not sure how you can tell it's dirty. Carolina Herrera is choking at your comment about her dress. And really? Bare foot is a problem? The whole look falls into a more playful theme. Jessica Diehl has done very well in styling Meghan. Obviously, she knows what she is doing as does Vanity Fair when it comes to fashion.

Something being a fashion thing doesn't mean it suits everyone. In fact, I think that just that thing is a trap for many visagists.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden- what a difference, nice clean hair, smile, shoes , posture - a real princess

You do realize that also Madeleine is prettied up for a photoshoot? As much as I don't like her, I will admit that prettying her up doesn't need much for she is a pretty woman. But Meghan is far from ugly either.

Just presenting different views that's all, not everyone is in love with Meghan

I for one am not in love with Meghan at all, I barely know her and only got to know her name since Prince Harry's statement.

I think she is now looking for greener pastures then Reitman and website, this exposure can bring her more riches then then the low cost retail line, and yes, I don't like her, I don't trust her, I don't believe that she really loves Harry, she is in it for fame and fortune. He is a fool to get involved with her, it may be that she is the best he can get, in that case I wish him the best of luck, I just hate seeing him used that way, honestly he looks like a little lost boy who is so hungry for love that he will trust a snake. Prince Carl Philip and Sofia of Sweden come to mind. I was hoping for so much better for Harry.

I suppose you are one from the old-school? Someone who has very fixed/determined views on what sort of person is suitable for, in this case, the BRF?

Last edited:
I find it strange that people dislike a person despite not knowing them personally or what actions or words were said to warrant the dislike.

As a fan of Suits, Meghan has done an adequate job of playing her role. Through her social media, she comes across as a well rounded individual with many interests in philanthropy and social justice in addition to her more 'frivolous' pursuits like travel and food. All in all, an impressive woman who has made a life for herself.

I think Meghan and Harry are grown people who know what they want out of this relationship and the interview while polarizing has done a job in letting the world know who she is and what next is to come.

As for the three vultures at E! Bromley needs to pick a lane and stay in it because she sings a different tune every time the couple appear. Ken Baker has always disliked Meghan and has been consistent in his negativity and the other one has no clue so should keep quiet.

You're right to your opinion, but Imo it's wrong to write Imo this character assassination based on no proof at all. There's absolutely nothing to back up a statement, that she is using Harry. Until she gets some sort of opportunity from this relationship, IMO it's wrong to say, that she's looking for better exposure than Reitmans or her blog. Every action of hers has proven the exact opposite. And that is a fact.

I'm pretty neutral on her. I don't think she's neither absolutely unsuitable to the royal status nor the best thing since sliced bread. Time will tell.

I agree with whoever said that if the royal family and the monarchy got through the 90s mess they will get through this Meghan Markle, if she will join the royal family and IF (a way bigger one) she will cause any trouble.

Anyway, since wedding and divorce have already been brought up, I've always wondered whether Harry wouldn't like to adopt some child from one of his beloved Southern African countries. Personally I would find it a beautiful gesture and quite in line with his love for that part of the world.

I find it strange that people dislike a person despite not knowing them personally or what actions or words were said to warrant the dislike.

No different to people loving someone they haven't met personally and many people are like that with others as well.

No different to people loving someone they haven't met personally and many people are like that with others as well.

I see a big difference in forming a positive opinion of someone based on interviews etc, than saying that someone is a snake, user and only promoting their own career and fame when there's nothing to back it up. It's perfectly fine to have differing opinions about this interview, how Meghan comes across etc. Imo it's fun actually talking about differing opinions. Imo calling her a manipulative snake who's only using Harry is just not right.

Well said...Both are 'just a feeling' and both are entirely valid..

Personally if I went through life like that; I would be constantly angry. Feelings are valid but I think it is wrong form a statement (calling her snake) based on that feeling as there is no proof to back it up.

Maybe I'm too conservative, but acting in sex scenes, lingerie is a low-rent actress to me.

Right I'm not dictating that it's my choice or the public. I'm just stating my opinion here online as freedom of speech.

Oh wow! By that definition, Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc are low rent actors?

Sex scenes is part of the actress' job.
It's acting, not real sex.

From that person's perspective yes. Throw in Dame Helen Mirren,Glenda Jackson and Dame Julie Andrews. Acclaimed actresses who have done the exact same thing Meghan is doing and some get a damehood but yeah low rent.

It will be at minimum 20-25 years before Harry is "eclipsed" by George, Charlotte and Cambridge #3. That is a long time IMO.

I very much disagree. Under this scenario, the media won't have much interest in George until he is 24-29 years old, at minimum? Even though there's a real chance he'll be Prince of Wales at that point? :ohmy:

William and Harry were already the medias main interest by the time they were in their late teens. The fact that the media is already stalking the social media of Margaret's teenage non-HRH grandchildren, you can ramp up that interest times 100 for the Cambridge teenagers.

Also, 25 years from now Harry will be in his late 50s and Meghan (if they marry) would be in her early 60s. The media does not give a hoot about middle age royals, not even if they're the heir. Just like the rest of the BRF, Harry and his wife will only get interest until about they're mid-late 40s, then focus will move to "young meat" who look pretty on covers. 20 years from now Harry's own children will probably get more attention than him even if they're private citizens and he's a full time royal, won't matter.

You're giving the superficial media/public way too much credit.

I think OH Anglophile's observation about Harry was in answer to another poster way back who stated that Harry and wife would be in the second tier of royals 'before they know it'. Apparently George, Charlotte and the new baby's parents the Cambridges won't bother about media protecting their children while they are at school then university. They'll be out on full time Royal duties after pre school and at weekends. George will be starting very soon.

Last edited:
I think OH Anglophile's observation about Harry was in answer to another poster way back who stated that Harry and wife would be in the second tier of royals 'before they know it'. Apparently George, Charlotte and the new baby's parents the Cambridges won't bother about media protecting their children while they are at school then university. They'll be out on full time Royal duties after pre school and at weekends. George will be starting soon.

If you believe that an adult George will still be in preschool, then sure.

With the preschool remark I was referring to Charlotte and the expected baby. Actually the new baby will probably be out 'eclipsing' Harry in the Royal duties department in 2018. They can start him/her young. After all, 'before they know it' suggests a very short span of time.

Last edited:
With the preschool I was referring to Charlotte and the expected baby. Probably the new baby will be out 'eclipsing' Harry in 2018. They can start him/her young.

I said that like William and Harry, the Cambridge children will be the main interest story when they're in their late teens.

I don't see how the Cambridge kids will be in their late teens in 2018, unless you have invented a machine that rapidly progresses cellular aging. If so I'm extremely impressed.

I was referring to what O H Anglophile was replying to, ie that poster who remarked that 'before they know it Harry and Meghan will be in the second tier of royalty'.

Like William, George will undoubtedly be protected from media intrusion throughout his schooling and university years. There's a limit to the 'eclipsing' and reducing others to 'the second tier' that you can do when you are closeted away at school/Uni for much of the year. And the same procedure (protection) will be afforded to Charlotte and the new baby in their turn.

As George is the eldest Cambridge child that means in about 18 years he might leave university at the age of 22 or thereabouts, (and that will be the same for his siblings). George may then go into one of the services. The media wasn't haunting William at Sandhurst every day during his training, nor will that happen to George.

Therefore there will be probably a couple of decades at least before full time Royal duties for any of the three.

Last edited:
Guys,

Please let's not get into redefining Harry's personal feelings. I know some people have a hard time accepting Harry is dating an American actress, but let's not act like it's our job to define love for him.

That's overstepping the mark.

Curryong was correct about my post-it had nothing to do with the media and voracious interest. I'm not naive. I do hope the Cambridge children are given the same courtesy William and Harry were during their school years though.
Someone indicated that Harry (and his wife) would not be needed for royal duties very soon because of the three Cambridge children. As I (and Curryong) pointed out, it will be many years before even George takes on many royal duties, much less his younger siblings. Harry will be much needed for years to come.

Last edited:
Like William, George will undoubtedly be protected from media intrusion throughout his schooling and university years. There's a limit to the 'eclipsing' and reducing others to 'the second tier' that you can do when you are closeted away at school/Uni for much of the year. And the same procedure (protection) will be afforded to Charlotte and the new baby in their turn.

As George is the eldest Cambridge child that means in about 18 years he might leave university at the age of 22 or thereabouts, (and that will be the same for his siblings). George may then go into one of the services. The media wasn't haunting William at Sandhurst every day during his training, nor will that happen to George.

Charles protected William and Harry, too. He made press agreements that they should be left alone in school,etc. That didn't matter they still became the main interest story. Let's look at your own Quote -

"Well, I've followed Harry closely since he was 19, have every bio on him, and he's my favourite Royal apart from the Queen.."

By your own admission teenage Harry was very interesting and you (and the media) followed him closely. Your current self seems to disagree with your past self.

Also, the number of royal duties whether they be 1 a year or 1000 a year, do not determine what is a second-tier royal. William, Catherine, and Harry do peanuts compared to the Queen's children. And I don't see anyone claiming that W,C, H are second-tier royals and are completely eclipsed in the media/public by Anne, Andrew, and Edward. Thus George, Charlotte, Cambridge3 can dabble in occasional royal appearances in their early adulthood, and still none of their extended family (even the full-timers) will be able to eclipse them.

How many royal duties was 19-year-old Harry performing when you (and the media) started following him closely?
Are you not understanding us or deliberately twisting what we are saying?
We are speaking of royal duties and Harry being essential to carry them out on behalf of the BRF for at least the next several decades.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with any media interest--two entirely different things.

Are you not understanding us or deliberately twisting what we are saying?
We are speaking of royal duties and Harry being essential to carry them out on behalf of the BRF for at least the next several decades.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with any media interest--two entirely different things.

How does that have to do with being "eclipsed"? Are you claiming that Anne, Andrew, Edward, the Kents, and the Gloucesters are not eclipsed and are first-tier royals just because they've carried out duties for several decades? By that logic no royal ever gets eclipsed or becomes second tier unless they they fully retire or die. It's good to know that Harry and The Duke of Kent are on the same tier then...

How does that have to do with being "eclipsed"? Are you claiming that Anne, Andrew, Edward, the Kents, and the Gloucesters are not eclipsed and are first-tier royals just because they've carried out duties for several decades? By that logic no royal ever gets eclipsed or becomes second tier unless they they fully retire or die. It's good to know that Harry and The Duke of Kent are on the same tier then...
The evolution of the position of members of the BRF is very organic and again different from the media interest you were talking about earlier. And the changes occurred over many many decades. It will be many decades before Harry's position evolves or devolves.

Last edited:
messy dirty hair, barefoot and a ball gown don't go together in my view, if she wanted to present herself as a future princess, please, wash your hair, apply makeup and put on shoes!

I think Meghan looked fabulous. Her hair is so healthy looking and pretty. The ballgown/barefoot look was very playful, and came off chic and whimsical at the same time.

Meghan has a very fresh look, and probably truly needs little makeup. I love that she loves her freckles so much...

Yes, I agree. Meghan's tousled hair looked terrific (and I'll bet it was newly shampooed) and she really needed little makeup. Embtrace those freckles!

The evolution of the position of members of the BRF is very organic and again different from the media interest you were talking about earlier. And the changes occurred over many many decades. It will be many decades before Harry's position evolves or devolves.

Well, that wasn't the case for Margaret, Anne, Andrew, or Edward. Maybe your right that Harry will be the outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom