Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is significant. A major step that will lead to the engagement!!

I agree with you, Alisa. It is significant, and it's an interview that is discreet. Meghan gives a few sentences about how she and Harry are happy. We didn't hear about Harry's home at Nott Cott, George's play fights with Harry, Kate's cooking, the Queen and the corgis etc etc. Nothing was said other than they (Harry and Meghan) are in love and are happy.

It's terrific, IMO and negative nay sayers aren't going to dim my pleasure!

Oh, absolutely. And really, when was the last time we had a royal girlfriend that's a working actress in her own right that has done photoshoots and interviews before? Last famosu girlfriend we had was Koo Stark, but times were different and certainly, she was involved in more than shows that are appropriate for TV during prime time.

You just threw major shade to Ruthie Henshall.:lol:

Just out of curiosity, yesterday there were a few posts wanting Meghan to be introduced to the general public. How did you all want that to happen, how did you want to get to 'know' Meghan?

Which ones are you talking about? They are reporting what everyone else is reporting today, which is about the Vanity Fair article. As for the old articles, I'm assuming Enews and whoever is credited with wrote it. Unless you are trying to say something else?

Anti Meghan Tumblr witches on the Internet (especially two of them), sheltering behind their keyboards, have been saying for months that Meghan's PR team feeds E News and other online sites with stories about her. Of course they do lol, and THEY know all about it precisely how?

Just out of curiosity, yesterday there were a few posts wanting Meghan to be introduced to the general public. How did you all want that to happen, how did you want to get to 'know' Meghan?

Apparently they wanted her to show up to engagements with Harry, and just wanted pictures of her behind Harry keeping her mouth shut.

I can't speak for Britons, who are the ones that really count here. But I do not want or need to know about Meghan unless/until she is about to marry into the Royal House...meaning officially engaged.

It is virtually a done deal I guess, but can you imagine how humiliating it would be for her if they do not go the distance at this point?:sad:

With lowered eyes and fluttering her eyelashes, lol. And clutching her pearls!

I'm willing to bet the people who wanted Meghan and Harry to be more public are not the same people who dislike the article. Two different groups.

I'm willing to bet the people who wanted Meghan and Harry to be more public are not the same people who dislike the article. Two different groups.

No, there was one that was the most vocal on here about her needing to be introduced to the British public before an engagement announcement over course of years, so they can find her less unsuitable, that's very bothered about this today.

I agree with you, Alisa. It is significant, and it's an interview that is discreet. Meghan gives a few sentences about how she and Harry are happy. We didn't hear about Harry's home at Nott Cott, George's play fights with Harry, Kate's cooking, the Queen and the corgis etc etc. Nothing was said other than they (Harry and Meghan) are in love and are happy.

It's terrific, IMO and negative nay sayers aren't going to dim my pleasure!
Yes. First Harry declared the relationship via the Kensington Palace announcement and now Meghan has openly acknowledged and confirmed the relationship to Vanity Fair. Yes the same magazine that Prince William posed for the cover and gave an exclusive interview for their special young royals issue back in 2003.
So clearly Kensington Palace trusts Vanity Fair ?

Thus the stage is set for Meghan to accompany Prince Harry at some Invictus Games as his official girlfriend and perhaps other events back in the UK and then it will simply naturally fall into place when the engagement is announced.[emoji4]

Last edited:
I can't speak for Britons, who are the ones that really count here. But I do not want or need to know about Meghan unless/until she is about to marry into the Royal House...meaning officially engaged.

It is virtually a done deal I guess, but can you imagine how humiliating it would be for her if they do not go the distance at this point?:sad:

I have no doubt they're engaged. To me it's clear, that they're doing all of this as a team have from the start, and this is a carefully planned step. Many people might not agree that it's the right one, but they're still doing this all together, and there are no doubts, IMO that they'll get married within a year.

Speaking for myself, we already 'knew' Meghan. Unlike previous gfs Meghan has already given tons of previous interviews both written and on video. She even had her blog. Most of these things were reprinted when she got with Harry. She wasn't much of a mystery, for better or worse.

So I didn't need to know more about that Meghan. I wanted to see she if could leave the celebrity behind and adapt to a different culture and different expectations. This was the opposite of that. She backslid into full celebrity territory, including references from her more marquee celebrity friends.

Now I'm wary she won't ever be able to leave the celebrity behind, and I now think she'll have a much more difficult time adjusting than I previously expected. If she can't play by the 'rules' when she's in her happy, honeymoon stage then she definitely won't play by the 'rules' when she's unhappy and facing proverbial hiccups. That's when you worry about a possible Diana/Fergie redux. So all this interview did to me was sound some warning bells in my head.

Speaking for myself, we already 'knew' Meghan. Unlike previous gfs Meghan has already given tons of previous interviews both written and on video. She even had her blog. Most of these things were reprinted when she got with Harry. She wasn't much of a mystery, for better or worse.

So I didn't need to know more about that Meghan. I wanted to see she if could leave the celebrity behind and adapt to a different culture and different expectations. This was the opposite of that. She backslid into full celebrity territory, including references from her more marquee celebrity friends.

Now I'm wary she won't ever be able to leave the celebrity behind, and I now think she'll have a much more difficult time adjusting than I previously expected. If she can't play by the 'rules' when she's in her happy, honeymoon stage then she definitely won't play by the 'rules' when she's unhappy and facing proverbial hiccups. That's when you worry about a possible Diana/Fergie redux. So all this interview did to me was sound some warning bells in my head.
I wouldn't call this a celebrity piece. In fact, for those of us that have read a lot of celebrity pieces in the past, it's the opposite of that. The headline is sensationalized, but the interview is extremely controlled. It's not any different than some of the interviews Kate and William have done. Or Harry for that matter. There personal lives are interesting, but it's about them as people as well. This was a very good profile piece I thought. And honestly, there is that celebrity element of the BRF that captivates people. It's walking that fine line between telling too much and giving just enough that's the trick. She didn't share anything that we didn't know already, and it's stupid to walk around things people could already see and have speculated. Take the is it or isn't it part out of the equation, and it's suddenly less interesting.

It's like the are they in love or aren't they in love thing. We knew judging by the photographs and Harry's statement and so on, yet we speculate and discuss it. Now we know, and we can move on.

What should she do? Leave her friends behind, because they are famous? These ladies are her friends, and she should not have to separate herself from them, because of Harry. Meghan has a right to stay true to herself. What exactly does Harry have to give up? This is 2017, and Harry is now 6th in line, so she can (and should) definitely maintain her own identity.

No, there was one that was the most vocal on here about her needing to be introduced to the British public before an engagement announcement over course of years, so they can find her less unsuitable, that's very bothered about this today.

I believe you are confusing things. The VF interview was basically about Meghan unilaterally describing how she and Harry are "in love" and how great their relationship is without Harry being present to back that up, which is quite odd IMHO (and even more so given Harry's royal status). That is substantially different from Harry and Meghan making joint appearances where they can be properly introduced to the British people as a public couple.

I understand many posters might argue that the latter in the paragraph above won't happen until Harry and Meghan are formally engaged, but, if that is the case, it is yet another reason why Meghan rushing to prematurely speak publicly of Harry's love for her is inappropriate. I'm sure the the interview was sanctioned by Harry, but , unlike other posters, I doubt Buckingham Palace or Clarence House knew about it.

Speaking for myself, [and probably MANY Brits] I don't want a 'sleb' Royal family... Our society is already littered with 'personalities' famous for being famous, who make NO discernable contribution to the common good.
Ms Markle seems to be a Woman who does do some good works, but the whiff of 'sleb' sets alarm bells ringing. Will she be able to become a 'bit player' in a team revolving around altogether more important figures ? Her [potential] Grandmother-in-law in particular ?
Actresses ALWAYS want to be THE star.. it's who they are, and why they do what they do..

Apparently they wanted her to show up to engagements with Harry, and just wanted pictures of her behind Harry keeping her mouth shut.

How very modern.....good grief...it's not the 50's.

LaRae

I believe you are confusing things. The VF interview was basically about Meghan unilaterally describing how she and Harry are "in love" and how great their relationship is without Harry being present to back that up, which is quite odd IMHO (and even more so given Harry's royal status). That is substantially different from Harry and Meghan making joint appearances where they can be properly introduced to the British people as a public couple.

I understand many posters might argue that the latter in the paragraph above won't happen until Harry and Meghan are formally engaged, but, if that is the case, it is yet another reason why Meghan rushing to prematurely speak publicly of Harry's love for her is inappropriate. I'm sure the the interview was sanctioned by Harry, but , unlike other posters, I doubt Buckingham Palace or Clarence House knew about it.

The quote you quoted above was address some that were very vocal about how she's unsuitable and she needs years to be introduced to the public before marrying. So I'm not sure what your point had to do with that.

Anyways, I don't think any of us had doubts that Harry was in love with her after that statement he released from Kensington Palace. We haven't heard from her. She has the platform and has a basic understanding of media. I have no problem with her and the Palace working together to get ahead of the story. She is going to face additional hurdles than Fergie and Sophie faced simply because she's a biracial woman, an American, and an actress. Harry doesn't have to be there for us to know that he feels the same. We know he's involved in this. Sometimes what's not said come through loud and clear.

Last edited:
Harry is willing to work with the palace/handlers to a point. It's very evident he doesn't plan to be as constrained by things as William might be. If someone hasn't figured that out yet they've not been paying attention.

LaRae

Anti Meghan Tumblr witches on the Internet (especially two of them), sheltering behind their keyboards, have been saying for months that Meghan's PR team feeds E News and other online sites with stories about her. Of course they do lol, and THEY know all about it precisely how?

The anti-Meghan Tumblr "witches" being unhappy about this makes me really, really happy. :lol:;)

The anti-Meghan Tumblr "witches" being unhappy about this makes me really, really happy. :lol:;)

Hey now, have some sympathy. It's not easy living in such world where you make up stuff you want to believe out of hate and then get slapped around with the truth all the time. ?

I wouldn't call this a celebrity piece. In fact, for those of us that have read a lot of celebrity pieces in the past, it's the opposite of that. The headline is sensationalized, but the interview is extremely controlled. It's not any different than some of the interviews Kate and William have done. Or Harry for that matter.

Exactly. I'm particularly struck by how the writer had to go to friends and coworkers to get any comments about Megan's career or details about her personality because what she offered up was very, very limited. That's usually one of the big differences between a royal profile (or that of a more traditional politician) and the standard celebrity interview. Now, I'm sure her PR people and KP's crew carefully chose a list of names and contact information to give VF for that purpose, but it was a definite choice of what should and shouldn't come directly from her own mouth.

This interview was done in June, right? There's a reason it wasn't released then, but two weeks before IG. This was a carefully planned step, IMO, and imo approved and planned by KP along with Harry and Meghan. There's a reason also why Meghan is giving it.

The interview gives very little away, it only sets down a time line when Harry and Meghan met, and gives Meghan a voice. It also gives away that these two are a team, and very serious about each other. It shuts down some of her estranged family, because they see that Meghan just won't take it quietly, she has a voice.

I'm probably the only one believes the royal press team had nothing to do with that Vanity Fair interview, only Harry did. Either that, or they are playing with fire to show her as unsuitable.

1. She looks naked on the front cover. In the video, her buttons are half unbuttoned! She's looking at the camera trying to look sexy and playing with her hair. Compare this to Kate's Vogue editorial which was approved by the Royal press team. No way is the royal press team behind this!!!!

2. She's talking about her relationship with Harry. Obviously she got permission from Harry to do this.

How is this approved by the royal press team and please don't give me proof from what a certain Sun reporter says? As a GF, I don't believed she would need permission from the Royal press team. They don't own her.

I'm absolutely shocked with this, I thought she was learning to become discreet like other members previously said, but yet again she has to voice her opinions and release it just when the Cambridges announce baby news.

She's let it be known, she's certain they will marry. So either he's proposed or she knows it's in the bag. I found her context just like her past interviews rather arrogant.

Bad move...BUT an engagement is coming and I don't believe anyone can deny Harry's choice within his family.

She's going to be a nightmare IMO

Shocking, absolutely shocking move. This just fed more of the negative fire! How is this a good move PR wise? And I work in PR!

Meghan had no control over when this was released. Magazine covers are planned months in advance (the interview was done back in June) and it's standard for them to release photos and excerpts a few days before the magazine hits newsstands. So Meghan isn't trying to outshine the Cambridge baby news. The magazine was always going to be released this week.

She's posing for a magazine shoot, so of course she's going to play with her hair and try different poses/facial expressions. I don't see anything wrong with how she's posing in the video, or what she's wearing.

Meghan came off really well in the interview, so I don't this is a bad PR move at all.

Although people have a right to their opinion about the couple, it would be nice to stay fair and not to bend over backwards to portray any piece of information in a negative light at each and every opportunity.

Absolutely agree with this.

This interview was done in June, right? There's a reason it wasn't released then, but two weeks before IG. This was a carefully planned step, IMO, and imo approved and planned by KP along with Harry and Meghan. There's a reason also why Meghan is giving it.

The interview gives very little away, it only sets down a time line when Harry and Meghan met, and gives Meghan a voice. It also gives away that these two are a team, and very serious about each other. It shuts down some of her estranged family, because they see that Meghan just won't take it quietly, she has a voice.

Yup. I think this is a good lead in to her being present for most of the Invictus Games. She's being introduced to people who still don't know much about her and this very much had the feel that people are about to hear quite a lot about her going forward.

Also, we have to think about the fact that Meghan is very eloquent herself. Why would you have someone else, who isn't you so they don't know you as well, to speak on your behalf when you are so eloquent and overall well-balanced? I would say she conveyed her values and beliefs much better than any spin doctor can because it's genuine. Now I wouldn't suggest this strategy for someone who is not as eloquent.

Some of you need to stop being so negative! Harry is happy with Meghan and that is all that should matter here. Harry is dating her and probably will marry her and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom