Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm... i don't watch suits: how could you tell that they were preparing meghan's exit?

As others said- the character she plays and that character's fiancé are being shown as having less and less time for each other, and he's making choices that put her career at risk, and one of her character's themes this season is how important her career is to her. It seems to me that they're setting it up to make it reasonable for Rachel to leave him and move away to focus on her career. It's been in nearly every episode and wouldn't surprise me if Meghan exits in the mid-season finale as Gina Torres did.

We'll see how it ends up going.

Anyone know when the mid-season finale is set to air?

I believe it is in mid September (September 13) and there are only four episodes left.

Interestingly enough, the mid-season finale airs 10 days before the start of the Invictus Games. If they chose to exit her character then, they could announce an engagement within days and then she could be officially present at the games, which would bring them a ton of international press.

I believe it is in mid September (September 13) and there are only four episodes left.

Interestingly enough, the mid-season finale airs 10 days before the start of the Invictus Games. If they chose to exit her character then, they could announce an engagement within days and then she could be officially present at the games, which would bring them a ton of international press.

Thanks...That is why I asked...So, keep your fingers crossed!!!?

Wasn't the original premise of the show that Mike was lying about being a lawyer, putting his position at the firm at risk?

I'd add too that isn't drama between the main couple (and really every other couple) a key plot point of just about every show?

Not saying she isn't being written off, but I do feel like "Rachel and Mike are having problems in the show, she must be about to be written off" seems a bit of a stretch.

It seems a bit more this time, with him putting her at crossroads at the firm too, her career she's worked her behind off for years and years. IMHO there's a different vibe, but we shall see.

Wasn't the original premise of the show that Mike was lying about being a lawyer, putting his position at the firm at risk?

I'd add too that isn't drama between the main couple (and really every other couple) a key plot point of just about every show?

Not saying she isn't being written off, but I do feel like "Rachel and Mike are having problems in the show, she must be about to be written off" seems a bit of a stretch.

Do you watch the show at all? I've watched every season, and the difference is that in the past, Mike has always been honest with Rachel and prioritized her and her needs. He's not doing that now and he doesn't have good reasons for it. It's a marked shift in how that onscreen couple functions.

Since I had not heard of the show until H & M started dating, much less watching it, it is great to hear from those of you who do watch it. Thanks for highlighting the differences to give us insight into the path as their relationship progresses.

I've not watched the last couple seasons, so I'm taking your word for it. I am disinclined to believe that relationship troubles on a show mean someone is being written off though simply because relationship troubles tend to be the core of any show that has relationships.

I've not watched the last couple seasons, so I'm taking your word for it. I am disinclined to believe that relationship troubles on a show mean someone is being written off though simply because relationship troubles tend to be the core of any show that has relationships.

Indeed...That is what keeps folks coming back for more...

There was also a plot line a couple of episodes back that lead up to a scene which foreshadowed Rachel perhaps leaving her current position to go work for her Dad. My guess is that the writers are creating the tension between Mike & Rachel directly related to her job so that she can gracefully be written off by joining her father's firm. I also agree that it is very likely that this will happen by the mid season finale. I don't think Meghan will resume filming the back 6 episodes in September.

There was also a plot line a couple of episodes back that lead up to a scene which foreshadowed Rachel perhaps leaving her current position to go work for her Dad. My guess is that the writers are creating the tension between Mike & Rachel directly related to her job so that she can gracefully be written off by joining her father's firm. I also agree that it is very likely that this will happen by the mid season finale. I don't think Meghan will resume filming the back 6 episodes in September.

Very interesting...Thanks

We need to move on please - having a discussion about the state of the relationship between two fictional characters as a way of trying to determine the future of the relationship between two real people seems very tenuous.

If members wish to discuss the plot-lines and details of television programmes and their characters, they may do so in the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f187/ sub-forum. Current news and information (with sources) about Meghan in respect of her job on Suits may be discussed here.

:previous::previous:Yes! Noticed how "Rachel's" wardrobe is a lot more conservative, and there has been a distinct lack of intimacy between Mike Ross and Rachel too?

I think we can state that there is a good 95% chance Meghan will not be returning to Suits after season 7. For me, that illustrates how serious Harry and Meghan's relationship is.

I suspect an engagement will occur around September 2018, and marriage around April-May 2019. I think after Meghan's Suits commitments/departure are done, she'll move in London, where she'll start some kind of "Princess" school. It seems the engagement period for the BRF is relatively short. William and Catherine's was about 6 months.

It will be before that I think. They want to start a family soon I read.

Meghan and Harry don't need to be engaged for her to be present at the Invictus games. Kate was present at important events for William before the engagement. Its not unprecedented. I think she will be there.

I think it will be interesting to see how it goes if she is there....actually I'd expect her to attend. If she doesn't that will really set a frenzy off.

LaRae

I think it will be interesting to see how it goes if she is there....actually I'd expect her to attend. If she doesn't that will really set a frenzy off.

LaRae

I doubt a frenzy because the Faithful Legions will simply believe that she was hidden away in an enclosed corporate box. The usual blogs and sites will report that reliable sources were with her in this private space or that. That reliable sources saw her arriving or departing. ;)

Oh I don't doubt a frenzy for a second...they were all in a frenzy about her attending Pippa's wedding and then she didn't....the media got 1 pic of them on the way to the reception.

People were saying how since she didn't go to the wedding it meant it wasn't serious, they were breaking up ..yadda yadda yadda.

She doesn't show at the Games...it will set folks off again.

LaRae

Either way someone will complain as usual. If she doesn't appear at IG, some will say that they aren't serious, they must've broken up etc. If she does appear, some will say the focus will be taken away from IG because the media will only focus on what she is wearing etc.

Anyhow, Suits will be done with summer break and likely be back in production mid-September, so she might be working during IG.

I'm with Pranter - every time there's something that people think Meghan should be at and isn't (or isn't photographed), legions seem to go off on how the relationship is casual, just about the sex, etc. Every time they're spotted but there are no pictures, legions are going off on how it can't be true if there aren't pics.

At the same time, if she appears at IG it'll be all about how they're engaged... regardless of whether or not they're engaged.

I'm inclined to think that a good way to approach it would be for Harry to arrive in Toronto before Invictus starts, get photographed with Meghan, but then do Invictus itself solo. Maybe even get photographed with her in the evening after the events for the day (or at whatever after party there is for these things), but not at Invictus itself. That way it would keep Invictus about Invictus itself - no reason to speculate that they're engaged if she's not at an official event, but also no reason to speculate that they've broken up if they're seen together while he's in Toronto.

I honestly would hope that they don't give a flying fig what people think or don't think or feel they have to put on any kind of a "show" whatsoever.

I hope they live life and their relationship on their terms and just do what they want to do without worrying about sending out "messages" that people will speculate about till the cows come home.

I hope they're ignoring the media, the innuendos, the suppositions and the general frenzy that a lot of people seem to be getting involved in pertaining to their relationship.

What we think doesn't matter. Not one bit. They don't have to do a danged thing. If they want to show up at the Invictus Games wearing pink, furry bunny suits and holding large stuffed carrots, then so be it.

Personally I think it'd fab if they showed up together and did their respective duties and then left together (or not) as planned. Just like any other dating couple who do things together.

LaRae

Personally I think it'd fab if they showed up together and did their respective duties and then left together (or not) as planned. Just like any other dating couple who do things together.

LaRae

Amen, let this couple attend these events together and do their thing. Enough with all the hiding, dipping and sliding.

I agree. I'm interested and will be watching IG because of the awesome athletes. Getting a glimpse of Harry and/or Meghan would be nice too.

To be honest, I'd be very, very surprised if Meghan wasn't at the Invictus Games with Harry. Its no secret that they are a couple and it just stands to reason that with the Invictus Games being so close to Harry's heart and with the Games being held in Meghan's home city, she'd be right there with him through it all. She is also friends with the Trudeaus and may attend even with them.

No matter what, the focus will be on the Games itself and I think both Meghan and Harry would want it to be that way. We may even see some friendly competition as Harry roots for Team UK and Meghan roots for Team Canada but in my eyes, every one of the participants in these games are winners before they even start to compete.

The Invictus Games are gaining more and more momentum as the years pass and held in various cities. It must be so heartwarming for Harry to see something that was, at one time, a brilliant idea bear fruit.

LaRae
Amen, let this couple attend these events together and do their thing. Enough with all the hiding, dipping and sliding.
I agree. I'm interested and will be watching IG because of the awesome athletes. Getting a glimpse of Harry and/or Meghan would be nice too.
I think the first thing we have to accept is that Harry and Meghan are not just like any other dating couple. We would love them to be but no, they are not. "Any other couple" do not have to take protection officers with them when they go on a romantic date . . . nor do they have paparazzi snapping furiously in their faces which alert Jo Public to their presence and out come the camera phones. So scratch the date and let's have an at home "date" night.

Much as we know nothing about what is going on with this couple I can only admire the lengths to which they have gone to spend time together alone. It has given them a chance to create a solid basis for their relationship. I do not think it is easy for either of them as they are both outgoing personalities, but if not for "hiding, dipping and sliding" they may never have been able to last this long.

Let's be logical here, it is obvious that they are not going to spend five or ten years together before they decide to marry so getting the relationship well grounded before officially "going public" makes sense (much to our chagrin). :D

I think they will find a balance. Like pippa wedding. She will attend some of the sporting events but low key as possible. But she won't be on his arm for any official event related.

Yes, attention will be where it belongs on the games. But it's blind to think they wouldn't steal a lot of the press coverage. If she attended her first event with him it would be all over the papers. One could only hope it would lead more people to read about the event.

I really hope that they're enjoying their vacation without a mess of press/public intrusions. One thing an extended vacation in Africa tells me is that both of them really have an affinity for the country and its another thing they very much have in common.

My crystal ball is a little bit fuzzy at the moment but is seems to be telling me that this extended period of peace and quiet is the lull before the storm (or maybe I'm watching too much Weather Channel and Hurricane Harvey). We could be at the cusp of a very chaotic ride and activity. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom