Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only able to handle it with class and dignity but they're professionals at being able to elude, bypass and totally give the media absolutely nothing to work with. This causes the media to come up with "fake news". They could give politicians of the world lessons on how to run around the media. :D

I think its a good thing to be wary. Especially of the Daily Fail. They're not known for fair and balanced reporting and do have a habit of twisting things in such ways as to make a mountain out of a molehill so to speak. It was because of publications such as the Fail and their actions that propelled Harry into action making the official statement that he did around a year ago.

We do tend to be more fair and balanced here and exhibiting pride in having a background so similar to Meghan's has to be a total joy and we all share that with you. Its a background to be proud of. Its a background that Meghan also is proud of and doesn't hide under a bushel but lets it shine through. We may see the American story twisted and turned into meanings that are totally fabricated as time passes but to be honest, we know better. :flowers:

Personally I think it's fabulous that Harry may be on his way to marrying an American. Americans have been marrying into the English Aristocracy for a long long time. You are indeed welcome, people of England, for Winston's Churchill's mother. :D

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that Meghan has herself flown into London from Canada several times since this romance has become public and Harry has had comparatively few trips to Toronto (more difficult for him) I can't see that he is more into her than Meghan is into him at all.
I agree. She looked pretty into him at their last appearance at the IG. Also, the pictures of them at the wedding in Jamaica showed her arm around him and her looking very sweetly at him. I think they are equally in love with each other.

:previous: Not to throw the thread off topic but as long as we're on American ancestors, lets not forget Harry's great great grandmother, Frances Ellen Work. That relationship is closer than Harry's is to Queen Victoria. :D

Last edited:
I agree-I asked this yesterday. I would like to understand why those who don't see Meghan & Harry as a couple working together to a mutual goal of marriage feel that way. What do you see that we apparently don't to lead you to that conclusion? Why do you think Meghan gave up/is giving up all her jobs if not to willingly prepare for a totally new life?

I would like to know that, too.

Divorce will make her RIGHT at home in the Firm.

Ain't that the truth!:whistling:

:previous: Good heavens, with all this doom and gloom I find myself hoping that if/when an engagement is announced, it is short and sweet. If they have their ducks all in a row and it is announced when and where the wedding is to take place, all we will have to do is get swept up in the usual pre-wedding hype.

Pondering wedding gowns and uniforms sounds good right about now. :ermm:

Oh I'm all for getting into discussing all things pertaining to a royal engagement and a royal wedding but I think we're supposed to wait until there's an actual "official" engagement. Dagnabit!

For those that are relatively new to The Royal Forums and are interested in the American angle of the ancestral tree as it not only relates to Meghan, but also to Harry, it may be surprising to know that Harry also has an Canadian born American actor in his family tree. His name is Oliver Platt and can currently be seen in one of the pretty popular "Chicago" series, Chicago Med. A lot more information can be found on the last page of this thread. Took me a while to find it again but I did.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/princess-dianas-ancestry-and-family-9308-11.html

Now.... back to the relationship we goes. :D

:previous: Not to throw the thread off topic but as long as we're on American ancestors, lets not forget Harry's great great grandmother, Frances Ellen Work. That relationship is closer than Harry's is to Queen Victoria. :D

IIRC, she was disowned by her father for marrying her English boyfriend! Her father didn't think much of the aristocracy!

LaRae

Oh I'm all for getting into discussing all things pertaining to a royal engagement and a royal wedding but I think we're supposed to wait until there's an actual "official" engagement. Dagnabit!

For those that are relatively new to The Royal Forums and are interested in the American angle of the ancestral tree as it not only relates to Meghan, but also to Harry, it may be surprising to know that Harry also has an Canadian born American actor in his family tree. His name is Oliver Platt and can currently be seen in one of the pretty popular "Chicago" series, Chicago Med. A lot more information can be found on the last page of this thread. Took me a while to find it again but I did.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/princess-dianas-ancestry-and-family-9308-11.html

Now.... back to the relationship we goes. :D

Yeah we tried to talk about dresses etc at one point...but they deleted all the posts!

LaRae

Y'know, with Harry and Meghan not giving us overly much to work with as far as fodder for discussing a relationship and also taking their own very sweet time announcing an engagement, they're making things awfully difficult for us to find relationships stuff to keep this thread alive but somehow, we do.

No wonder we all have ants in our pants hoping for a royal engagement announcement. We have stuff to talk about and we want to get going gung ho on it all. Guess for now we just have to adopt a British motto of "keep calm and carry on". :D

Just like to point out three out of four of the Queen's children are divorced. Her daughter in law is also a divorcee. So far, the second marriages have proven to be more successful than the first for her children. So I think that ship has long sailed.

Maybe, maybe not. :whistling:

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.

But it is true that divorce should no longer be a stumbling block for Harry and Meghan.
What was unthinkable once upon a time is quite commonplace now.
Times change.

I find the genealogy material on Meghan very fascinating. At least they used professional genealogists. I am a genealogy nut myself and sometimes it can be like finding a needle in a haystack. You really have to be careful and document everything. It took me 30 years to do my husbands family and I still have one roadblock. I am sure more details will show up about Meghan as time goes on. Things kept showing up about Kate over along period of time.

Maybe, maybe not. :whistling:

Charles and Camilla do seem happy together but I don't know that we can assume second marriages are happier. That is one case.

I was specifically talking about the Queen's children.

Moving to Canada to pursue a career that you presumably always wanted, isn't IMO the same as moving to Europe to engage in a very different way of life. True if she has children they will have to be mostly raised in the UK, but if their marriage doesn't wrok out she might well give up on it before they have children.
How long do you suggest they wait before having children? Of course there are no guarantees that they will have them but she is not at an age where waiting for 5 years to see whether the marriage works out (which nobody should do, that's a decision you have to make beforehand) is an option before having children.

Did Meghan always want a career in acting? I have read, that she has been very interested in other career options as well, her passion hasn't always been acting. She doesn't seem to have one set mind, adapts easily to things and new environments. She already has friends in UK, seems to enjoy spending time here. I don't understand how moving to Canada for a job would be that much different than moving to UK for another kind of job.

I'm not talking about her career, I'm talking about how well she has adapted to life in Canada. Not only is she working there, but her life seemed to have flourished there. She has friends that she doesn't work with. She's involved with different charitable organizations with causes that she cares about. Her life there goes so much beyond Suits. She moved there to take on a new job, just like she'll move to UK to take on a marriage and a new job. It's clearly a job that she wants as well as we've seen how much she's already worked with different charities even before Harry. In fact, she's talked about how this is the type of work that feeds her soul.

An important difference between moving to Canada (on your own just after you got married? They clearly didn't have their priorities right) and to the UK, is that Canada was a temporary move. She signed up for a season or maybe a few seasons and if she didn't like it she could easily move back to the States. Moving to the UK to marry Harry would be a decision for a lifetime!

There is also the world of difference time makes. Moving to Canada with a promising acting career that, at the time, was part of her life's ambition but also with a relatively new marriage had to have mixed emotions as both of these things just couldn't be meshed together to work. Either way, whatever she would have decided at that time, it would have been a sacrifice and one of those things that would create those "what if" thoughts in years to come.

I believe that should Meghan walk away from Suits, Canada and her acting career into a marriage with Harry that there will not be those "what if" scenarios that would be hanging over her for the rest of her life. It will be a move that is made freely with knowing that what she is doing is exactly what she wants to do and the way she wants her life to go.

She's made a success of her acting career and perhaps, over time, has found that the work her acting career made possible for her to do in making the world a better place is her true calling. No "what ifs" but more looking forward to "whats next?" kind of thing.

Please do not believe that the DM reflects the entire British press because it doesnt. Most bloggers and posters tend to use it because they like the pictures (then say they ignore the text).

The most reliable papers sadly are subscription based. I can recommend using British Television news outlets esp ITV. They have a new royal reporter who is balanced and fair (does need convincing which is good). Try @chrisshipitv on twitter.

Other news outlets being Sky and BBC

( sorry for going off topic)

I know Im late but welcome to RF

You are quite right. I really shouldn't brush with such a broad stroke. I just think I was so put off from the tone of the coverage coming from some (not all) in the UK when their relationship was first reported I've been wary ever since. But there has certainly been some very fair, straight, down the middle coverage as well. And I found @chrisshipitv during Invictus and have been following him ever since!

That’s right Osipi, it’s the “what’s next” that counts. I can’t wait to see them soar with their devotion to helping others and the joy they bring to each other. It’s contagious-so young and already making a difference. Two very special people bringing the best out in each other. It’s heartwarming!

Heartwarming is also being privileged to be able to watch Harry's true nature come out in full force. As much as we're focusing on the relationship angle between Harry and Meghan here, as we should be, its also worthwhile to take a minute and read some about what Harry is doing in Denmark in the here and now.

This is the kind of guy that had a flash of insight moment in his life that changed it forever and it played a big part in who he is now. It has never been forgotten. The story is on the last page of this thread. I think it gives insight into the person that Meghan fell in love with and it also shows that what attracted Meghan to him was they found that they are kindred souls.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...october-25-26-2017-a-43169-5.html#post2031835

I think that Harry comes across as much happier in the last year or so since meeting Meghan.

I never had heard of Meghan before this situation...so I don't have a barometer for her...but she does appear very happy the couple times we've seen her with him.

Both of them seem much more relaxed (now) since the first few pics we saw of them (walking to/from a place to eat in London) under the media/public eye.

LaRae

There is just an aura around Harry that screams that everything is good in his life. I've heard folks say he is glowing but I always thought glowing was a way to describe a woman while pregnant so I'm going to steer clear of that. They are happy together and seem to fit each other like peanut butter and jelly do for a favorite sandwich and as we know, like attracts like so everything looks good at least to me.

As an American, I most definitely had heard of Suits and even watched an episode or two but couldn't tell you the names of the different roles and the names of the actors and actresses. I never really got into Suits. Even today Mariska Hargitay isn't a household name but she has played a main character role in L&O: SVU since 1999 and that's a show I do like. I like Dick Wolf's work. That's 18 years and the show is in its 19th season. Most of what I know today about Meghan Markle is what I've picked up here. In this thread.

We cannot know everything nor should we assume that we do. We're mostly here as spectators waiting to see what happens next. Harry and Meghan's royal romance is a real time Hallmark or Lifetime movie but happening in our reality. We'll be the ones that should Hallmark or Lifetime make such a movie, be the ones that are the best critics for it because we can see where they make mistakes. :lol:

Wow Osipi, I just read the article. He has found himself and living with purpose. It’s amazing. Like Pranter, I too, had never heard of Meghan. I don’t watch suits. You see their contentment in pics. We’re watching Prince Harry live his compassion and it’s awe inspiring.

I think that Harry comes across as much happier in the last year or so since meeting Meghan.

I never had heard of Meghan before this situation...so I don't have a barometer for her...but she does appear very happy the couple times we've seen her with him.

Both of them seem much more relaxed (now) since the first few pics we saw of them (walking to/from a place to eat in London) under the media/public eye

LaRae
I would have to agree that Harry seems far more content, comfortable in his own skin so to say since he started dating Meghan. I too had never heard of her so I hit the net and did a little research.

I was overwhelmingly pleased that Meghan was not a silver-spoon socialite and seemed to have her feet solidly on mother earth. She appears to be a very positive personality, more cup half full than empty, and that makes a big difference because being self-confident enabled her to follow her dreams.

The creation of her blog 'The Tig' gave her a platform to not just talk about fashion and food but her particular brand of feminism and wanting to advance the cause of women which led 'UN Women' to reach out and ask if she would like to participate.

I watched her speech at 'UN Women' and her interview with Larry King and several others and discovered an outgoing, educated, sensible woman. A woman with a successful job and a diversity of interests, one who was willing to put in the time to do her part in improving the 'lot' of women. I also read an interview from 'Ebony' and, smiled at the sign-off.

Meghan Markle ‘Suits’ Up for Success [INTERVIEW] - EBONY

Prince Harry could do a whole lot worse for a life partner but I am not so sure he could do a whole lot better.

Last edited:
I would have to agree that Harry seems far more content, comfortable in his own skin so to say since he started dating Meghan. I too had never heard of her so I hit the net and did a little research.

I was overwhelmingly pleased that Meghan was not a silver-spoon socialite and seemed to have her feet solidly on mother earth. She appears to be a very positive personality, more cup half full than empty, and that makes a big difference because being self-confident enabled her to follow her dreams.

The creation of her blog 'The Tig' gave her a platform to not just talk about fashion and food but her particular brand of feminism and wanting to advance the cause of women which led 'UN Women' to reach out and ask if she would like to participate.

I watched her speech at 'UN Women' and her interview with Larry King and several others and discovered an outgoing, educated, sensible woman. A woman with a successful job and a diversity of interests, one who was willing to put in the time to do her part in improving the 'lot' of women. I also read an interview from 'Ebony' and, smiled at the sign-off.

Prince Harry could do a whole lot worse for a life partner but I am not so sure he could do a whole lot better.

This quote here really stood out for me:

"There is a theme of pleasant quietude and gratefulness that pervades this interview. On pondering what’s to come, she lights up and confesses that she never imagined a life as amazing as hers has turned out. “To try to dream of what more it can be? I can hardly conceive of it. It’s not so much about setting goals for things, because I trust that with my temperament and my drive, these beautiful things will continue to manifest.”

We end on a quiet, somewhat contemplative note, and she says, “As my friend Gina reminds me, ‘Honey, you gotta leave room for magic.’ ”"

Amazing when you think that at this point, pre-Harry she already thought her life was amazing... and could barely conceive how amazing it was... and then along came Harry. Wow. What a fairytale.

I love that quote!! Her mind is in the right place. It seriously reminds me of a quote I read not too long ago that really defines what happiness really is.

"Happiness is not getting what you want but rather being happy with what you get". That, to me, defines the Meghan I've come to know. It also quite well fits Harry's outlook on life now when I think about it. :flowers:

Next sighting. Hmmmm........we'll we know he's in Chicago next week. I know it gets tricky because he will be there working. I know the last time he stopped to see her after an official trip caused an uproar. I would think if he payed for his own flight from say Chicago to Toronto, that would be ok, but apparently even that is frowned on. Now Meghan could turn up in Chicago. Get her own hotel room and everything. I mean she's a private citizen. She can go where she,wants. However, we don't know her schedule. She doesn't have the type of life and career where she can just drop everything at a moments notice. I don't know. I find it really hard to believe that they would be so close and not see each other at all. However I'm not seeing how it works out.

I've said before here I was rather wary of her after hearing she was dating Harry (I mean really an actress and she did that silly banana thing so I thought she was being sly with the media) I didn't even think it was true until they released the statement confirming.

So I have been most pleasantly surprised and happy to see that she is much more than I thought she was. She's not an actress dating Harry. She's Meghan, the woman dating Harry and she just happens to be an actress as well.

I definately agree Marg that Harry could have done much worse but I don't see how he could of done much better. I think he knows it too!

LaRae

Next sighting. Hmmmm........we'll we know he's in Chicago next week. I know it gets tricky because he will be there working. I know the last time he stopped to see her after an official trip caused an uproar. I would think if he payed for his own flight from say Chicago to Toronto, that would be ok, but apparently even that is frowned on. Now Meghan could turn up in Chicago. Get her own hotel room and everything. I mean she's a private citizen. She can go where she,wants. However, we don't know her schedule. She doesn't have the type of life and career where she can just drop everything at a moments notice. I don't know. I find it really hard to believe that they would be so close and not see each other at all. However I'm not seeing how it works out.

Isn't tricky the whole point of Halloween? Oh wait. That's tricks or treats.
:whistling:

The big snaferu with Harry flying to Toronto after Chicago, even on his own dime, is that he goes to Toronto, so do his RPOs. They're being paid for by the British taxpayers so hence why there'd be a stink about the whole thing even with Harry paying for four star accommodations (another really,really interesting thing to delve into as far as RPOs and what they do and how they work and how they're put up for nights is interesting and in other threads) at the nearest, closest hotel which kind of defeats the purpose of the RPOs anyways. I seriously doubt Meghan's residence has the room to put them up too which would mean that she'd come to him in Toronto. He did stay with Meghan at Fairmont Royal York while he was in Toronto for the Invictus Games.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stay in luxury hotel during Invictus Games

If, perchance, Meghan did fly and join Harry in Chicago, it wouldn't be a public thing but kept rather private. Harry and his RPOs will already have their accommodations and I seriously doubt that Harry would be requesting a separate suite or room for Meghan. :whistling: We'd probably never know about it if she does join him in Chicago.

This quote here really stood out for me:

Amazing when you think that at this point, pre-Harry she already thought her life was amazing... and could barely conceive how amazing it was... and then along came Harry. Wow. What a fairytale.

Thank you for this article! I hadn't seen it. Really, good insight into her thought process and motivations. It looks like the BRF will have a worker on their hands! I can see she and Sophie hitting it off. Possibly she and Autumn. Both educated, careerwomen.

If, perchance, Meghan did fly and join Harry in Chicago, it wouldn't be a public thing but kept rather private. Harry and his RPOs will already have their accommodations and I seriously doubt that Harry would be requesting a separate suite or room for Meghan. :whistling: We'd probably never know about it if she does join him in Chicago.

I agree with that. Her going to Chicago might be their best bet and it would be pretty private. Any sighting would be by pure chance, if they tried to go out somewhere. But since this is in the middle of the week, it's very possible she won't be free. They might be telling themselves, "Hey, we'll be together all the time soon enough!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom