Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main concern for many with St George is the size. Well the guard chapel is even smaller, it only seats 500 people.

Its highly unlikely they would use such a small setting, and one with no real royal connection other then one Diana memorial.

The only reason is logical is for people desperate for a London wedding as they think it will be more of a show.

It would be a nice tribute to Harry's career in the Army, and if you look twice, the royal connection is definitevely there :

The Household Division - Official site

All i can say is "why not ?"...

As far as I can tell, the only reason that the Royal Military Chapel was floated is that the author claimed that Meghan wouldn't be able to have a religious wedding, but would need to have a separate civil wedding then a blessing.

Since we've seen evidence that that assertion is untrue, I'm not sure that anyone other than the article author is talking about the possibility.

It would be a nice tribute to Harry's career in the Army, and if you look twice, the royal connection is definitevely there :

The Household Division - Official site

All i can say is "why not ?"...

Why not? Because it seats 500 people????

And while the regiment has a history of serving the queen, the chapel itself has no royal history. No weddings, funerals, burials that type of thing.

Yes it has a nice connection to Harry being in the blues and royals, but practicality wise its tiny for a royal wedding.

As far as I can tell, the only reason that the Royal Military Chapel was floated is that the author claimed that Meghan wouldn't be able to have a religious wedding, but would need to have a separate civil wedding then a blessing.

Since we've seen evidence that that assertion is untrue, I'm not sure that anyone other than the article author is talking about the possibility.

Indeed, according to the daily mail

One important consideration both for courtiers and the Church of England is Meghan’s status as a divorcee. Under Church rules, she would be unable to have a religious wedding and, although it could take place in church, a ceremony would be a blessing instead, with a civil marriage taking place separately.

I guess fact checking has never been their strong point. Divorcees have been allowed to marry in the church of England since 2002. They just need the priests permission. Prince Charles was a whole other matter, because of who he was marrying (the woman involved in his divorce) and the fact he will be head of the church one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that side of her family - Doria's family - haven't spoken to the media unlike her half siblings and the other Markles who can't seem to shut up.

The nephew could have not spoken to the media if he wanted to reach out to Meghan. Sorry looks desperate and money grubbing. Have you seen what sister has done? Set up a gofundme for a new house. I know she suffers from MS but her Meghan are estranged. She expects her sibling to look after her which is funny as she has grown children who can look after her but no they don't talk to her either.

If and when Harry and Meghan do get married, I hope it is only her mother's side and her dad show up as family.
Meghan is close to her niece, who is Samantha's daughter. She's technically a Hale, but from that Markle side of the family. She's stayed completely silent. She's a practicing attorney and went to Georgetown University, which is a pretty prestigious school in US. Camilla Tominey recently did a piece on her that someone tweeted a print version of. The article contained the name of the firm she used to work for and the current firm she works for. I recognized the previous firm, as the company (Fortune 500) I work for has hired them in past. I definitely think she might be at least invited to the wedding. Obviously, with a daughter who is a successful attorney, Samantha does have family that can help out financially if it's a true need.

Last edited:
OTOH, at least the Guards Chapel has sightlines to the main event for everyone present, unlike either St. Georges or Westminster. For the vast majority of people at royal weddings, being in the nave means you just get to say that you were there and saw the bridal couple as they passed by.

Prince Harry's girl Meghan Markle inspired by niece for Suits role | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Ashleigh is 31, closer in age to Meghan then Meghan is to her half siblings. It should be noted that her and her brother Christopher were raised by their paternal grandparents. It seems Samantha's attitude towards Meghan, and willingness to speak to the press which rubbed off on her younger daughter who has spoken to the press, didn't affect her older children. Neither Ashleigh or Christopher have spoken to the press. I am not sure if Meghan has any kind of relationship with Christopher, but she certainly seems to from her IG account with Ashleigh. I'd hope that Ashleigh would not be grouped in with the other Markles and not lose an invite.

OTOH, at least the Guards Chapel has sightlines to the main event for everyone present, unlike either St. Georges or Westminster. For the vast majority of people at royal weddings, being in the nave means you just get to say that you were there and saw the bridal couple as they passed by.

I thought they had screens up with streaming in the areas without sightlines at W&K's wedding?
I think I'd rather be invited and attend a royal wedding without a sightline to the alter, than not be invited at all because the venue was too small.

True but sightlines for 500 people. How practical would that be for a royal wedding? Edward's wedding was considered small and private, and he had more then that.

True but sightlines for 500 people. How practical would that be for a royal wedding? Edward's wedding was considered small and private, and he had more then that.

The author of this article seems to be suggesting the Guards Chapel on the erroneous belief that Meghan can't have a religious ceremony. We know that's not true because some top person from the Church of England already said that she could get married at WA if they wished. So not being able to have a religious ceremony won't be part of the couples decision making process. So I just don't see how the Guards Chapel is even a consideration.

I'm thinking it's either Westminster Abbey or St. George's. And I'm leaning St. George's.

With The Queen and Prince Philip not doing any major celebration for their 70th wedding anniversary next month. If there’s any major announcement to be had, they can do it at anytime now.

My personal take on it all. Just crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for this couple this year and in the next.

I think a nod to Prince Harry’s military service would be a nice touch. In regard to the media, the frenzy has already begun—anyone who they can get to talk that’s near the inner circle, oh well, let the listener beware!

Thank you soapstar. Now as I mentioned, I'm a curly haired person, so I'd love to see another royal lady with curly hair other than QEII and Lalla Salma. (However I do understand that some with naturally curly hair ie: Kate, Infanta Elena do blow their hair out because it is easier.

Meghan has straight hair now. She's talked about this in a couple of interviews at least. In one of the interviews she did, she was asked what would her teenage self be most impressed about her now. She initially joked and answer that she has straight hair. Hair texture and such do change with age for some people.

Meghan has straight hair now. She's talked about this in a couple of interviews at least. In one of the interviews she did, she was asked what would her teenage self be most impressed about her now. She initially joked and answer that she has straight hair. Hair texture and such do change with age for some people.

Actually Meghan has said in interviews that she straightens her hair. That when on vacation she goes natural and its quite curly.

Here is a bit from an interview

“My mom would say to me, ‘Flower, one day you are so gonna be over this hair thing,’ because she has watched me do everything like relaxers and Yuko hair systems. And she’s right: In the past year I stopped doing all that stuff, and when I’m on vacation, my hair is as curly and wild as can be. I have so much hair it’s nuts.”

https://thekit.ca/beauty/seven-things-you-didnt-know-about-meghan-markle/

Must have changed since that interview was done. Because I haven't seen any curly hair in the pictures she posted on vacation or paparazzi shots.

There are plenty of vacation photos where her hair isn't super straight (beach photos and such not when dressed up for a night out on vacation). Its not super head of curls, but definitely natural curl at the ends. Its that way for a lot of people with naturally curly hair. When your hair is long, the curls are weighed down, and it sometimes just comes off as frizzy or slight curl. Its why a lot of people straighten. If she cut her hair short, and she didn't straighten it, the curls would likely be far more prominent.

The point being she has outright said her hair is still curly. She straightens it.

There are plenty of vacation photos where her hair isn't super straight (beach photos and such not when dressed up for a night out on vacation). Its not super head of curls, but definitely natural curl at the ends. Its that way for a lot of people with naturally curly hair. When your hair is long, the curls are weighed down, and it sometimes just comes off as frizzy or slight curl. Its why a lot of people straighten. If she cut her hair short, and she didn't straighten it, the curls would likely be far more prominent.

The point being she has outright said her hair is still curly. She straightens it.
Yea, I don't think that's the type of curly she was talking about she had when she was little. I think we saw some pics of her as a child and teen in some of the interviews her half siblings and nephew did. Her hair was curly in that. A bit of waviness her and there, meh.

Yea, I don't think that's the type of curly she was talking about she had when she was little. I think we saw some pics of her as a child and teen in some of the interviews her half siblings and nephew did. Her hair was curly in that. A bit of waviness her and there, meh.

Missing the point.

You contradicted a poster who was happy for a princess with naturally curly hair again. You informed them she no longer had curly hair. The reality Meghan DOES have curly hair. It may not be as curly as when a kid, but still is curly. And likely a heck of a lot curlier when short.

Simple point, from Meghan's own mouth, you are wrong. She has curly hair.

Missing the point.

You contradicted a poster who was happy for a princess with naturally curly hair again. You informed them she no longer had curly hair. The reality Meghan DOES have curly hair. It may not be as curly as when a kid, but still is curly. And likely a heck of a lot curlier when short.

Simple point, from Meghan's own mouth, you are wrong. She has curly hair.

Actually, simply put, from other interviews she's done and photos we've seen, she doesn't appear to have curly hair anymore and I stand by that. Can't post YouTube videos from my phone. Will post later

However Meghan does her hair and whether its straightened or sometimes left to fall into the natural curls, one thing stands out for me and that is she does have a gorgeous head of hair that seems to have a thickness that will bode well for wearing any kind of a hairstyle. Especially with a tiara. ;)

However Meghan does her hair and whether its straightened or sometimes left to fall into the natural curls, one thing stands out for me and that is she does have a gorgeous head of hair that seems to have a thickness that will bode well for wearing any kind of a hairstyle. Especially with a tiara. ;)

Plenty of body and bounce with curly hair, so I'd be interested to see if she'd try letting her hair be styled curly like Lalla Salma. ? HRH Lalla Salma https://i.pinimg.com/originals/08/49/1d/08491d774c275531e4ad790b8a5d4f17.jpg

Yes I agree Osipi that I believe it would be easier to work with than very straight and fine hair. Apparently more than one wedding tiara has been sewn to the bride's hair to keep it from slipping.

Last edited:
Posts that add nothing to the discussion have been deleted as speculative.

Let's stay on topic.

Last edited:
Actually, simply put, from other interviews she's done and photos we've seen, she doesn't appear to have curly hair anymore and I stand by that. Can't post YouTube videos from my phone. Will post later

Please post a single article where she says she no longer has curly hair. One single article. You keep going on and on about it is proof she doesn't straighten her hair, its straight naturally. I gave you an article where she clearly states she straightens her hair.

So please if you are going to state 'she has straight hair no curls' as a fact, please supply proof. And photos where her hair could clearly have been straightened, is not proof.

Please post a single article where she says she no longer has curly hair. One single article. You keep going on and on about it is proof she doesn't straighten her hair, its straight naturally. I gave you an article where she clearly states she straightens her hair.

So please if you are going to state 'she has straight hair no curls' as a fact, please supply proof. And photos where her hair could clearly have been straightened, is not proof.

Starting at 2:17. And if she says she doesn't do anything to her hair on vacation. Why are we assuming her hair is "clearly straightened"? Also, if we are just talking about a royal finally with curly hair, are we forgetting about HMQ?

Last edited:
I don’t care about how she has her hair-she’s entitled to wear it any style she chooses. Tomorrow she could wear a red wig for that matter. I’m rooting for her and Prince Harry. People who want to find fault will do so no matter what. These are two people who happened to fall in love (knowing their difference in backgrounds) and are navigating something so private in a public arena. Prince Harry knows about media circuses and is aware of the frenzy to come once an announcement is made. Meghan IMO is doing quite all right. She’s not stupid

One thing for sure now is that when Harry and Meghan start stepping out in public and even Meghan eventually doing her own engagements, if it rains, we'll be able to see what her hair does. To frizz and curl or not to frizz and curl that is the question. :D

One thing for sure now is that when Harry and Meghan start stepping out in public and even Meghan eventually doing her own engagements, if it rains, we'll be able to see what her hair does. To frizz and curl or not to frizz and curl that is the question. :D

I believe she's said in more recent interviews that she gets Brazilian blowouts now.

A Brazilian blowout lasts about 3 months and will allow you to go swimming and get your hair wet without it turning to frizz or curls, so rain won't affect it. Much easier to manage and less damaging to the hair than straightening and blowdrying it every day.

I don't remember her saying anything about Brazilian blowout. Was it an interview or did whoever write the article just assume she does? It seems that her hair is a mystery. She said on Craig Ferguson that she had natural curly hair when she was young, but it doesn't remember what it once was. Starting 6:10. Ignore the title. I'm too lazy to go look for the original.

:previous:

Neither of those are where I remember reading about her getting Brazilian blowouts though.. maybe I read it in a blog post on the Tig or perhaps I'm misremembering.

I took the "doesn't remember what it once was" from the Craig Ferguson interview to mean that it's been such a long time since she's let her hair be curly, it doesn't remember what it's like anymore. But it could also mean it's gotten less curly over time, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom