Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A new article says that Meghan & Harry met the Queen last week Thursday. The Suits cast are currently on a mini break. There have been similar stories in the past about Meghan meeting the Queen so read it with caution!

Harry, Meghan and a VERY discreet tea party with the Queen | Daily Mail Online

The members of the cast started posting pictures of vacation about 5 days ago, so timing wise, it's definitely possible. Although I don't know how much of the details I trust.

And the Queen takes tea at 5?!?! :eek:What time does she take dinner?!

I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.

They do not carry out official royal duties and therefore have to pay to stay at KP - market rate.

They do sometimes attend events at the invitation of HMQ

Like the rest of us, they can do work for or represent charities.

I thought PRincess Michaeal was did have charity patronges as did Prince Michael.

I think there are differences between charity patronages and royal duties. Like Invictus is a charity patronage, but technically not royal duty.

DITTO. I have no doubt that she will be one beautiful bride.

Absolutely! She already has a keen eye for fashion and in designing her wedding dress she will have access to the very best. She could go with a more unknown British designer. The people who designed Princess Diana's wedding dress weren't big names. Maybe even a British designer of color! I'm really looking forward to not just her wedding attire, but also all the other little personal touches we might see. As has been stated she and Harry have a bit more freedom. The upside of not being the heir.

Marina in marrying the Duke of Kent was of a fairly similar rank to the one Meghan will occupy, more so than than the Duchess of Gloucester. The family of Prince Nicholas was based in Paris so she wasn't really used to London or to BRF life.

She's interesting I think in that when she and Prince George married she was still of the Greek Orthodox religion and the Greek Orthodox wedding ceremony followed the Anglican one. She must have converted some time but a GO primate was present at her funeral, assisting the Archbishop of Canterbury.

And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae

Freddy Windsor's wife Sophie appeared in probably more explicit sex scenes including at least one topless (and played a fictional British princess) and she got married in white .And she kept working after she got married .

Princess Michael of Kent is German I believe
Austrian but brought up in Australia where her mother owned a beauty salon

That connotation really only applies to Red poppies [and a bit] to white pacifist ones. In that respect Orange Poppies wouldn't be a problem.. BUT California poppies WILT badly when cut [I know because I grow them myself], and have a 'vase life' of less than an hour..
CERTAINLY not long enough for a long ceremony under blazing Television lights !
Thank you wyevale. I had a feeling these wild flowers would not be able to hold up.

Odd - the Queen and Princess Royal attended a Reception on Thursday - at 6:30, so in other news, we discover that HMQ is a quick change artist!

I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair. :lol:

I just realized Attitude Awards was that night as well. Not that Harry needs that long to do his makeup or hair. :lol:

I saw that too.

So you take your g/friend to meet HMQ, take her back home and then shoot off to an awards event. "We can talk about it later". :ermm: :lol:

I'm putting this story to one side

I imagine this will be the last major royal wedding until George and Char come of age.

And their sibling.

Curiosity:
The wedding of Prince George of Wales (future King George V) grandchild of a REIGNING monarch (Queen Victoria) with Princess Mary of Teck took place at the Chapel Royal in St. James Palace.:flowers:
Both his sisters, Princess Louise & Alexander Duff, 6th Earl of Fife, as well as Princess Maud & Prince Carl of Denmark (later Haakon VII King of Norway) - at the Private Chapel in Buckingham Palace.

Last edited:
I actually like the idea of St. George's Chapel. It's beautiful and historic. Plus, I think it would better fit Harry's position. How many guests do you think would be invited to his wedding? And the types of guests Just speculating, of course. That gives a pretty good idea of the venue.

Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway. :lol:

I think quite a few friends from Harry's army days will be invited, and vets he's struck up friendships with. Also representatives from his charities. Meghan may well have buddies from Friends and from her charities, and her niece who's a lawyer....

By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.

LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting isn't it that the dark old Chapel Royal was used for family weddings in those days? Of course they were a lot more varied in the 19th century, St James, the Chapel at BP, the local church at Osborne (for Princess Beatrice.) No TV cameras or balcony kiss in those days, not that I can imagine George and Mary doing that anyway. :lol:

OMG, I just had a mental image of that and its as funny as it sounded. :lol:

I've deleted a number of posts and also moved some to the Future home for Prince Harry thread. Just as a reminder:

• This is a discussion forum, so there will be a variety of opinions. Some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. No matter how you feel, please remember to be respectful of one another. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. If you feel that a post is violating the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.

Last edited:
By this point in time I tend to believe Meghan has met Harry's inner circle of family/friends ..and I think that does include the Queen. This supposed tea meeting with the Queen article notwithstanding there have been plenty of opportunities for her to meet everyone.

I've not heard about any Meghan/Harry sightings this week so far if she's there while the show is on break.

LaRae

Wedding guests..surely will include folks from Harry's military circle and charities along with various friends and the 'obliged to invite' group. Meghan's co-workers and folks involved in her charities as well. She probably a 'obligatory group' also.

I could see them having as many guests as William and then I could see them having less...depends on how they are going to approach things.

LaRae

Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )

Yeah I'm not buying that story either. I believe the meeting has already happened.

I'm leaning towards Harry and Meghan probably having less guests than Will and Kate. But by less I mean that they may have about 800 people, where I think Will's was about 1200 I think.(not 100% sure) How crazy to think that "only" inviting 800 people might be considered small! LOL! Anyway that's just my guess. I could make a case for it going a couple of different ways (even though I do have my preferences. )

Well to me 100 or less is small! Some of those wedding shows on TV ...400/500 is small. So I guess for a royal, 800 would be small! I am thinking they will have 800 to 1000 ...I don't see how they can crank it down unless they go for a very small wedding (ala Pippa)...then they could restrict it to family and close friends only.

LaRae

Will and Kate had 1900. I don't think they'll have 1900, but I wouldn't count on it being shrunk to 800 either.

Last edited:
The Harry and Meghan tea with The Queen could be true, but the best sighting will be Meghan attending something with members of the royal family present.

Other than Harry you mean....but we don't even know if she's in the U.K. They are really good at flying below radar.

LaRae

Will and Kate had 1900. I don't think they'll have 1900, but I wouldn't count on it being shrunk to 800 either.

Thanks on the Will and Kate info. I was way off! I knew it was over 1000. Anyway I think St. George's holds about 800 because that's about what Charles and Camilla had. Edward had about 650. So if Meghan and Harry do creep up into the 1000 range, which could happen they'll have to be somewhere larger. Like I said I could make a case for a couple of scenarios.

I'll be really interested when this show does finally get on the road (which barring some disaster) will probably be soon. It will be interesting what decisions are made and how it is all rolled out. That's the political/PR person in me. The BRF make their statements, not always by what they do, but how they do it. I think we'll be able to tell a lot.

Most likely the Abbey or St George ..I am hoping for the Abbey myself.

LaRae

I'd be interested in seeing what the guest list for William and Kate consisted of, then we might have a better idea as to the number. A good number of people at the Cambridge wedding were invited because of William's position as the future king. Some of those invited may not be necessary for Harry.

I'd be interested in seeing what the guest list for William and Kate consisted of, then we might have a better idea as to the number. A good number of people at the Cambridge wedding were invited because of William's position as the future king. Some of those invited may not be necessary for Harry.

Of course not everyone there would be invited. However, Harry's wedding would potentially include more members of military that he's met through IG or beneficiaries of his other charities. Why we have to remember is that the state part of William's wedding was already scaled down.

Last edited:
Not to mention a certain former President and First Lady! One can hope! (They would of course be attending as just regular, private citizens, which they now are. But private citizens with Secret Service protection. )

Of course not everyone there would be invited. However, Harry's wedding would potentially include more members of military that he's met through IG or beneficiaries of his other charities.

I'm aware. That's why I'd be curious to see the guest list. Still, there will be less people who are required to be invited in terms of politicians, government officials, foreign royals, etc. How many of those people make up the guest list and therefore aren't necessarily going to be at Harry's wedding is what I'm interested in. There will still be plenty of guests. Definitely more than any normal person would invite.

Other than Harry you mean....but we don't even know if she's in the U.K. They are really good at flying below radar.

LaRae

Yes, and yes they are good on flying under radar. Which is good. I’m just looking for those big sightings.

Catherine had weddings, Garter Ceremony, and graduation ceremonies.

What Meghan’s big royal family sighting will be? Just wondering...

Yes, and yes they are good on flying under radar. Which is good. I’m just looking for those big sightings.

Catherine had weddings, Garter Ceremony, and graduation ceremonies.

What Meghan’s big royal family sighting will be? Just wondering...

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an opportunity as there are no big family events for the rest of the year. I don't even know if there will be many polo matches coming up. If they get engaged by the end of the year, she may have some opportunity to be around everyone before the wedding, but I doubt it. Sad...I loved seeing Kate and Chelsy at those events during the dating years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom