Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we morph back 60 years in time? If a woman wants to wear white to her wedding that is her choice and really not the business of anyone else.

LaRae

I agree. If she wants to start winning the hearts and minds of the British public, choosing a non-Brit to design her all-important bridal gown is not the way to do it. It sends the wrong idea from the jump, and I think Ms Markle is too clever and savvy for that. She knows that the eyes of the world will be on that dress. For the sake of symbolism and to signal her 100% commitment not only to Harry but to her new family and country, she will go British for the wedding dress.;)

I agree 100% choosing anything other than a British designer would be a huge error in judgement and a snub. Designing a royal wedding dress is the highest honor and publicity any designer could ever have. The dress also becomes part of history in a sense. That honor and work must go to a British designer.

I think those of us who are American ( and Californian:D) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage. BUT her role now is to be in service to the Crown and the interests of the British people only. I think that most Brits would want Harry to be happy and marry the woman he chooses, but I also feel Meghan will have to prove herself to them and earn their regard through her service and dedication to them. I woudn't want it any other way, frankly. And hopefully someday she may win their hearts. So I also think we Americans need to " let her go" a little bit:)
Now if there is something about her being American that is useful to the Crown in some way, I dont know, that is for them to determine. But I imagine for the most part as far as clothes go she will need to support and promote British designers. They can certainly create any look she likes.

I agree 100% choosing anything other than a British designer would be a huge error in judgement and a snub. Designing a royal wedding dress is the highest honor and publicity any designer could ever have. The dress also becomes part of history in a sense. That honor and work must go to a British designer.

I think those of us who are American ( and Californian:D) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage. BUT her role now is to be in service to the Crown and the interests of the British people only. I think that most Brits would want Harry to be happy and marry the woman he chooses, but I also feel Meghan will have to prove herself to them and earn their regard through her service and dedication to them. I woudn't want it any other way, frankly. And hopefully someday she may win their hearts. So I also think we Americans need to " let her go" a little bit:)
Now if there is something about her being American that is useful to the Crown in some way, I dont know, that is for them to determine. But I imagine for the most part as far as clothes go she will need to support and promote British designers. They can certainly create any look she likes.
Agreed. She'll have plenty of chances to wear American designers in the future if she wishes. Kate wears plenty of designers that are not British, but the wedding dress is different.

She should definitely not wear white

Plenty of women do wear white for second wedding. It's almost 99.9% certain she'll wear white.

Even the Duchess of Cornwall wore white for the civil ceremony, as did Princess Anne for her second marriage. I highly doubt any royal protocol would be broken if Meghan wants to wear white.

Last edited:
Plenty of women do wear white for second wedding. It's almost 99.9% certain she'll wear white.

Even the Duchess of Cornwall wore white for the civil ceremony, as did Princess Anne. I highly doubt any royal protocol would be broken if Meghan wants to wear white.

I loved Duchess of Cornwall pale blue dress with coat a lot more than her white dress, I think Meghan would look lovely in pale blue

I loved Duchess of Cornwall pale blue dress with coat a lot more than her white dress, I think Meghan would look lovely in pale blue

I think it's likely they'll have the actual marriage in church, and I also think she'll wear white. And Meghan doesn't seem to have some affinity for pale blue, so I doubt that's going to be something that she'd want to push for. And really, she has no reason to go out of her way to wear blue or any other color. White works perfectly fine.

Last edited:
She should definitely not wear white

Why shouldn't Meghan wear white? This is not the 18th century. Meghan is not a scarlet woman nor is she "unpure" cause she has been married before.

I am shocked that in the 21st century, someone would have such outdated and quite frankly, misogynistic thinking.

I think Meghan would look good in a blush or cream color as well as white. There are lots of shades of white to pick from!

LaRae

Something that for sure will affect the pomp & circumstances surrounding an eventual wedding is how the British economy is fairing especially faced with Brexit. If Britain hits the recession expected by many (but not all) economics a to grand wedding will look very bad to the public.
I assume neither the Queen, Charles nor Harry would like to give the impression of throwing money away while the public has to go without.
Already the number of people, both with and without work, dependant on charities and food banks have skyrocketed.

I think those of us who are American ( and Californian:D) can be rightfully happy and a bit proud that she is one of us, that will always be a part of her heritage.
Should Harry and Meghan marry then little part of me would love to see her incorporate our California state flower into her bouquet. Which considering that Golden Poppies are a bright orange could present a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure that a talented florist could make it work. ;)

https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/flowers/poppies/poppy-california-gold-west-x2.jpg California Poppy.

Why shouldn't Meghan wear white? This is not the 18th century. Meghan is not a scarlet woman nor is she "unpure" cause she has been married before.

I am shocked that in the 21st century, someone would have such outdated and quite frankly, misogynistic thinking.

Don't be so shocked,

Nothing to do with being "unpure", but she is a divorcee, she lived with her boyfriend (right around the time she met Harry), she is an actress with a number of steamy sex scenes in her IMB, quite frankly I think she would look ridiculous in white. Pastels would be much better IMO.

She had a boyfriend prior to Harry..but I've never heard it claimed she lived with him.

LaRae

Don't be so shocked,

Nothing to do with being "unpure", but she is a divorcee, she lived with her boyfriend (right around the time she met Harry), she is an actress with a number of steamy sex scenes in her IMB, quite frankly I think she would look ridiculous in white. Pastels would be much better IMO.

And what is wrong with steamy sex scenes? This is the 21st century. Such puritanical, judgemental thinking is shameful. Kate lived with William for years as well. There is nothing wrong with living together. Women do not have to be pure as the driven snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be so shocked,

I'm still not understanding what any of that would make it ridiculous that she'd wear white for her wedding? Is that a bad color on her or something? Because I'm not seeing anything that would suggest she's unsuitable to wear it. Plenty of people are divorcees or lived with ex-boyfriend this day and age. And then plenty of well-respected actresses have participated in love scenes.

And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae

Last edited:
And as far as sex scenes...ummm Harry certainly wasn't shy with his sexcapades ..we all got to see an eye full of him! At least Meghan's were only pretend!

LaRae

Thank you! :lol:

LaRae

Beat me to it! If Camilla could wear white, as well as Ann, Meghan most certainly can.

That being said I could see her doing a light blush or champagne, maybe an ivory, because sometimes those colors are more flattering. If you look closely most wedding dresses aren't stark white, because it's so harsh. So any wedding dress color considerations would probably be focused what looks like flattering.

Oh dear! I thought we'd gone through all the 'steamy sex scenes' debate and come to the conclusion that it's called acting!

As for the living with boyfriends business, plenty do. I lived with my future husband before marriage myself, and that was decades ago (and I wore a cream shade dress with flowers in my hair on my wedding day) so I suppose I'm a wicked, wicked woman as well! :lol:

Meghan lived with Trevor (her future husband) and with Corey the chef in Toronto, and presumably with Harry at KP. For a woman of 36 I think that's pretty average really, though others may not agree.

Oh dear! I thought we'd gone through all the 'steamy sex scenes' debate and come to the conclusion that it's called acting!

As for the living with boyfriends business, plenty do. I lived with my future husband before marriage myself, and that was decades ago (and I wore a cream shade dress with flowers in my hair on my wedding day) so I suppose I'm a wicked, wicked woman as well! :lol:

Meghan lived with Trevor (her future husband) and with Corey the chef in Toronto, and presumably with Harry at KP. For a woman of 36 I think that's pretty average really, though others may not agree.

Certainly living with your boyfriend is fine, I lived with my future husband before we got married, I actually think I would be a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged.

Certainly living with your boyfriend is fine, I lived with my future husband before we got married, I actually think I would be a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged.

Yet, you just shamed her for it and stated that as one of the reasons why her wearing white on her wedding day would be ridiculous? I'm really not understanding the logic here. :lol:

Yet, you just shamed her for it and stated that as one of the reasons why her wearing white on her wedding day would be ridiculous? I'm really not understanding the logic here. :lol:

I misunderstand, I think it's a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged. I think that living together would enable them to have a better idea of whether or not they are able to weather the inevitable storms that will follow marriage. Being together every day increases the chances you will see the other person at their worst as well as at their best.

And I did not shame her for living with her ex-boyfriend, it's that given Meghan's history, she would be better off presented in an off-white dress, IMO.

Don't be so shocked,

All of the women who marry into the RF's now have lived with their boyfriends before marriage. The only exception I can think of is Stephanie de Lannoy, who reportedly never even had a boyfriend before she met Guillaume of Luxembourg. .And even "virginal" Stephanie did not choose to marry in white..she wore a dreamy oyster silver-gray colored bridal gown.

Mette-Marit of Norway had a full life before she became Crown Princess of Norway. She had a child with another man. She did not wear pastel at her wedding..

Have you ever heard of Sofia Hellqvist, who married Prince Carl-Philip of Sweden. Google her when you get a chance.

If SHE could wear white to her wedding anyone can!!

Last edited:
I misunderstand, I think it's a good idea for Meghan and Harry to live together before they get engaged. I think that living together would enable them to have a better idea of whether or not they are able to weather the inevitable storms that will follow marriage. Being together every day increases the chances you will see the other person at their worst as well as at their best.

And I did not shame her for living with her ex-boyfriend, it's that given Meghan's history, she would be better off presented in an off-white dress, IMO.

Zaika, you shamed Meghan for living with Harry and you shamed her for being a divorcee and an actress.

I think it's up to each individual couples to see what works best for them in terms of living together for an extended period before marriage or not. The study results on that have been mixed at best.

And really, what history? That she's done things that is not atypical for a 36 year old woman other than being an actress? I'm not seeing how she'd be better off in a different colored dress than a white dress. If it's somehow to insinuate how it's improper for her to wear white, then the conversation should've been had with the Queen's daughter back in the 90s when it was a divorcee that's lived with another man and had an adulterous relationship with the man she was marrying.

Zaika, you shamed Meghan for living with Harry and you shamed her for being a divorcee and an actress.

Meghan has not lived with Harry yet

Should Harry and Meghan marry then little part of me would love to see her incorporate our California state flower into her bouquet. Which considering that Golden Poppies are a bright orange could present a bit of a challenge, but I'm sure that a talented florist could make it work. ;)

https://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/flowers/poppies/poppy-california-gold-west-x2.jpg California Poppy.

Ooh, I love this idea! If poppies wouldnt work for whatever reason we have many charming CA native flowers. It would be a lovely nod to her birthplace.

I think we all should be careful calling people names and making claims against someone's character like this. I have run across people who have this view. It's more traditional to think a divorcée shouldn't wear white and certainly an uncommon view but it doesn't make anyone a bad person. Everyone is allowed to post in this thread not just fans. Everyone can express their opinion.

That said a blush or champagne dress would be pretty. White is fine too but I could see Meghan in other colors if she desired. I' actually like the idea of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom