Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the click bait Daily Mail is well and alive. Dickie Arbiter mentioned nothing about Meghan and her future role. He talked about staff for the current young royals, which consists of William, Kate, and Harry.

I don’t entertain those types of articles. It’s the shiny object to get your mind off of what happened last Friday.

Unless Meghan already has a private secretary we don't know about, that is a stretch to blame a yet to be hired private secretary for clashes. I'm not sure how that would be possible.
This article seems more like a continuation of discussing the bickering between the various households' staff that led to the resignation of the Queen's private secretary. Perhaps the old timers just don't like change and feel threatened. Philip has retired and the Queen is reducing her engagements and travel. As a result Family members are picking up more engagements. William, Andrew and Harry have been busy with travel and engagements over the past month. Perhaps BP thinks they, rather than W,A& H's staff should should be doing more and conflicts result.

Last edited:
Daily Fail = Ignore. :D

Which is it? The younger royals have the reputation of being work shy on one hand and then, on the other hand, we have the Fail (from Rudolph's quote) screaming that the younger royals get "red carpet hungry" ego stroking fever.

Of course too, they have to throw in that there are already squabbles and discontent and food fights going on behind the scenes.

Stuff like this in print isn't worth the time of day when you really think about it.

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up and a number of posts moved to more appropriate threads.

Unless she uses Harry's staff she will at least need a private secretary. I think that's what Dickie is referring to.

Meghan's staff will have to know their place

Actually, Dickie was referring to the current staff if one looks at the original interview. And he's made it very clear and quite upset about this headline on his twitter.

Let's just wait until Meghan has a staff before we talk about them knowing their "place"?

Last edited:
Tweets from Dickie Arbiter

This is total 'fake news'. At no time did the Sky interview never refered to Harry & Meghan dailym.ai/2yoI3Eg via @Femail

Told @DailyMailUK I didn't want to elaborate on Friday's stand alone interview. Asked for it to be take down.

Posters really need to stop taking the Daily Mail online as being true. It is not the newspaper and is not manned by journos. It exists for clickbait.

The serious issue is that this sort of rubbish promotes the same divisive environment that existed between Diana/Sarah and others before them - and that is appalling and shouldnt be supported.

Yes, Dickie is not at all pleased about the twisting of his interview :bang:

Dickie Arbiter‏*@RoyalDickie 6h
6 hours ago
This is rubbish. My original conversation with Sky had no mention of Prince Harry or Meghan Markle

Dickie Arbiter‏*@RoyalDickie 5h
5 hours ago
Told @DailyMailUK I didn't want to elaborate on Friday's stand alone interview. Asked for it to be take down.

How anyone, even the daily fail could think it would refer to Meghan :ermm: Seriously, she has no staff yet to be causing issues.

the Daily Mail playing to their base audience. They did the same with The Middletons. Trying to portray women as trouble makers. I wish people would take their dog whistling with a grain of salt and just ignore them. But they know their base audience does not read the complete article before raging.

Dickie really let loose on his Twitter today about it, but I give him the sideeye after some things he has said about Meghan.

Also, that story about Meghan quitting Suits has been picked up by every royal reporter on Twitter, but the Daily Fail is saying Suits hasn't yet been renewed.

And finally, one royal commentator said that Meghan can't just move to London, she has to go through the Visa process. Well, who is to say that hasn't already started?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lets wait and see what this fall and new year will bring.

Folks, don’t pay any attention to the twisting of the Dickie Arbiter interview.

Dickie really let loose on his Twitter today about it, but I give him the sideeye after some things he has said about Meghan.

Also, that story about Meghan quitting Suits has been picked up by every royal reporter on Twitter, but the Daily Fail is saying Suits hasn't yet been renewed.

And finally, one royal commentator said that Meghan can't just move to London, she has to go through the Visa process. Well, who is to say that hasn't already started?

Dickie's initial response to the relationship was similar to Ingrid Seward and the other old timers. And now they've all changed their views since everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Suits hasn't been officially renewed yet, but it hasn't been cancelled either. It's likely they are handling the delicate PR situation.

It's sad to me that Dickie and Ingrid changed their tune about Meghan once they saw the writing on the wall. To me it seems it had nothing to do with how happy Meghan and Harry are or the Meghan is a lovely, accomplished smart woman who is an excellent role model.

Dickie's initial response to the relationship was similar to Ingrid Seward and the other old timers. And now they've all changed their views since everyone sees the writing on the wall.

Suits hasn't been officially renewed yet, but it hasn't been cancelled either. It's likely they are handling the delicate PR situation.

And that petition has been around since the November letter. Hasn't gained any traction so far, highly doubt it would in the future.

This in what networks do .As it stands all the actors are out of contract mid November so NBC will make initial offers to renew to them ,see how much the salaries escalate if they are willing to renew(each time the actors renew the demands usually go up) ,they then work out the budget per episode (and if Meghan is out her salary and that of Gina Torres would pay for 3/4 actors at the bottom of the escalator),and if the main players are willing to re-up and the ad revenue/syndication fees don't outstrip the per episode cost it might get renewed - but they have until Feb/March until they have to make an announcement .

Best recent example of this is Once Upon A Time where they lost 3 of the 4 main original characters for this year and the large drop in salaries saved them enough to make it profitable enough to bring back

Personally I think she told them months ago she wanted out and they will have had time to have a plan to write her off anyway .Her and Mike will be over and she will go work for her dad.

Last edited:
It’s hurry up an wait time. Everybody and their mother knows an engagement is coming, it’s just matter of when.

I think they’ll wait until after Christmas just to have a final holiday together before the chaos begins.

I've removed a few off-topic posts. Let's not start discussing random online petitions, or the comment section from other websites. Thanks.

This in what networks do .As it stands all the actors are out of contract mid November so NBC will make initial offers to renew to them ,see how much the salaries escalate if they are willing to renew(each time the actors renew the demands usually go up) ,they then work out the budget per episode (and if Meghan is out her salary and that of Gina Torres would pay for 3/4 actors at the bottom of the escalator),and if the main players are willing to re-up and the ad revenue/syndication fees don't outstrip the per episode cost it might get renewed - but they have until Feb/March until they have to make an announcement .

Best recent example of this is Once Upon A Time where they lost 3 of the 4 main original characters for this year and the large drop in salaries saved them enough to make it profitable enough to bring back

Personally I think she told them months ago she wanted out and they will have had time to have a plan to write her off anyway .Her and Mike will be over and she will go work for her dad.
What I meant is that they usually announce renewal in July or August. Obviously they are handling things differently this time.

Its actually late. Season 7 was renewed in August of last year, announced.

One would think any negotiations would be done by now if they plan on being renewed, with actors. Because if any are leaving the show, or the show ending, filming for season 7 ends in just over a month from now.

Could I be wrong-could it be the Meghan's Visa is already being worked on? Wouldn't that be the smart thing to do?

A partner visa, which she would need to apply for as she would have no job there to apply for a work visa, on average takes between 6-12 weeks. I'd think if the decision had been made for her to move after the season, the process has already been started.

Which is why I am puzzled as the comment I said that royal commentator made about Meghan needing her Visa to move. You would think maybe it had occurred to the pundit that the Visa was already in the works.

In other news, I am wondering if Meghan is already looking at stylists in the UK? Any ideas on who she might consider or do you think British Vogue might help her?

It's obviously not a huge deal to get a Visa for moving to the U.K. ...lots of people do it even at least one current member of the BRF and not really that long ago. That won't be any sort of issue with that.

I don't know who the BRF ladies use for stylists or if they all have them or not. If Meghan does get one they will be pretty discreet though.

LaRae

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica continued to be her stylist for now, at least up until the wedding. She will need time to settle into London and make such choices. A private secretary and stylist will come. I am sure the secretary they will have some options for her. Meghan has some friends in London, possibly Jessica has some connections there, for a stylist. Though she will need some polish and a change for a royal, I don't see her going totally away from her personal tastes, and she will want someone who can marry the two.

It's obviously not a huge deal to get a Visa for moving to the U.K. ...lots of people do it even at least one current member of the BRF and not really that long ago. That won't be any sort of issue with that.

I don't know who the BRF ladies use for stylists or if they all have them or not. If Meghan does get one they will be pretty discreet though.

LaRae

Autumn was different for two reasons

1. She is a Canadian citizen. It is easier for a commonwealth citizen to get a visa to work in the UK.

2. She wasn't coming over as a partner. She came over on a work visa. She had been offered a job, and the job would have applied for the visa for her.

As for stylists we know Kate has one. Natasha Archer is well known to be her stylist. We see photos of her on royal tours, coming along as a personal assistant and stylist for Kate.

Autumn was different for two reasons

1. She is a Canadian citizen. It is easier for a commonwealth citizen to get a visa to work in the UK.

2. She wasn't coming over as a partner. She came over on a work visa. She had been offered a job, and the job would have applied for the visa for her.

As for stylists we know Kate has one. Natasha Archer is well known to be her stylist. We see photos of her on royal tours, coming along as a personal assistant and stylist for Kate.

There's no way it will be a problem for Meghan to move to the U.K. I can't imagine anyone seriously thinks she will have a problem getting a Visa.

LaRae

There's no way it will be a problem for Meghan to move to the U.K. I can't imagine anyone seriously thinks she will have a problem getting a Visa.

LaRae

No one is suggesting it will be a problem, simply that it takes time. If a work visa it can be a matter of 2-4 weeks especially if like Autumn, you are a commonwealth citizen (think it took me 2 weeks but I was under a youth work visa so quicker). Its just a matter that its not 'okay my job is done lets move'. Its something that needs to be started before hand. If she wants to move just after Thanksgiving lets say, she should be already in process to be safe.

Could you elaborate? :flowers: I was very late finding out about Meghan so the early reactions I don't know. Can you say what the reactions were and then how they have changed?

Could you elaborate? :flowers: I was very late finding out about Meghan so the early reactions I don't know. Can you say what the reactions were and then how they have changed?
Meghan is not what Royal journalists are used to or expected as a bride for Harry. She is an older divorced American actress of mixed ancestry and very different from Harry's previous longterm girlfriends. Arbiter and Ingrid particularly seemed to dismiss the possibility of a serious relationship between H&M.
I think it took them awhile to become acclimated to the idea. Now that it has become obvious that it is serious the early skeptics are more positive-it would not be in their best interests to be otherwise.

No one is suggesting it will be a problem, simply that it takes time. If a work visa it can be a matter of 2-4 weeks especially if like Autumn, you are a commonwealth citizen (think it took me 2 weeks but I was under a youth work visa so quicker). Its just a matter that its not 'okay my job is done lets move'. Its something that needs to be started before hand. If she wants to move just after Thanksgiving lets say, she should be already in process to be safe.

When she's ready to move yhere everything will be seamless on that front. It will most likely be more of a hassle to get her belongings there!

Of course they may already have things in the works.

LaRae

I think Ingrid and Dickie are hypocrites to be honest.

I don't see why Jessica couldn't continue to style Jessica. They could do a lot of work via Facetime and Skype.

What exactly is involved in getting the visa?

When she's ready to move yhere everything will be seamless on that front. It will most likely be more of a hassle to get her belongings there!

Of course they may already have things in the works.

LaRae

They certainly better have things in the works..... It may be seemless, but it takes time. Can you imagine the backlash that would come if it got out the queen stepped in and made it so she got a visa in 24 hours instead of the standard time it takes to process? The reality is paper work takes time. It may be simple paper work, but it takes times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom