Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone, not on this forum, blasted her for wearing that shirt and asked why she didn't wear an Invictus top or t-shirt like Harry.

As the tone of that post was overwhelmingly critical I thought to myself 'What a time you and your little playmates would have had then. As well as the single shred in her jeans we would have had 'What has SHE ever done for Invictus except try and grab PR for herself and shadow the athletes! How dare she try and take over her boyfriend's cause, etc etc'.

Talk about damned if you don't and damned if you do! One single 'disrespectful' hole in Meghan's jeans has already caused a blizzard of posts. A Invictus t-shirt would mean an avalanche!

Harry didn't have a problem with what Meghan wore and what he thinks is all that matters here therefore, everyone else needs to mind their own business! Ripped jeans is the style now and she looked nice! All this pettiness is tiresome!

Harry didn't have a problem with what Meghan wore and what he thinks is all that matters here therefore, everyone else needs to mind their own business! Ripped jeans is the style now and she looked nice! All this pettiness is tiresome!

They will never mind their own business. :lol: But there will always be naysayers no matter what, so she might as well just do whatever she wants in that case. Which she seems to be, so good for her.

Speaking of Ingrid Seward, she wrote an opinion piece in The Sun a couple of days ago about Meghan wearing ripped jeans. She thought them not appropriate for making her public debut with Harry. Better for a night at the pub she said.

Just goes to show the various opinions out there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Harry is not going to be monarch, he is not going to be in history books and he is going to be upstaged by George and Charlotte in about 20 years time (not that I think he'll have any problems with that).

But is he a Minor royal? No, he's not.

Harry as the son of the Heir/Monarch isn't or will never be a low-level or co-called minor royal.

What is a co-called minor royal? Royals that are not children of the Monarch/Heir.

Beatrice, Eugenie, the Gloucesters and the Kents are the ones that belong in the so-called minor royal category. But I (for one) find it a bit silly to call full-time working royals such as Richard, Birgitte, Edward (of Kent) and Alexandra for minor royals.

Technically Harry will be in the history books. Even younger sons of kings make the history books. Some get a line, born and death, and some more. If for no other reason then he is the son of the future king, he will make the history books. Whether he is remembered for anything, or is just a foot note, stands to be seen.

But same can be said for William and George. The reality is there are many kings who the common person wouldn't remember. Who other then history books, might be forgotten by most. Charles will be remembered due to his affairs. William stands to be seen if he will leave a lasting mark other then by birth order. Will his chapter in the history books be long?

Who knows, Invictus might be come like the Olympics, and go on for generations. Harry may be remembered for helping to found.

I think we all agree that Prince Harry is a Senior Royal and no one can diminish that fact.

Unrelated to the above in a sense but still connected to H&M’s if they do end up married:

When people who are originally non-royals marry into the reigning houses of Europe, be it as spouses to prospective Kings or to a Senior Prince like Harry. Then it is safe to conclude the non-royals in question made a decision to leave behind their previous life and all that would entail. It means they made a choice to dedicate their lives to the service of the institution of their respective Monarchies.

As a likely full-time working royal married to Harry, that would make Meghan making compromises to be with the man she loves, no different or less, than the previous commoners before her that had ALSO given up everything and uprooted to marry into royalty.

Last edited:
Speaking of Ingrid Seward, she wrote an opinion piece in The Sun a couple of days ago about Meghan wearing ripped jeans. She thought them not appropriate for making her public debut with Harry. Better for a night at the pub she said.

She also reacted badly to the VF article. But again, we know whose opinion really matters, and obviously that person's opinion differs from hers time and time again.

:previous:
Never to late to learn something new even in the world of fashion.....even though Meghan wore the shirt for me, it is a sloppy look then I am not of this young generation so guess you could say I am not *in*.........:lol::lol: I am just ole fashioned....:whistling:

I think any of us that have watched TV or movies recognize where the idea comes from for the "husband" shirt. Even recently in an old All In The Family episode, there is a part where Gloria is wearing Mike's pajama top and Mike wearing the bottoms. A lot of times to insinuate that a couple spent the night together, the scene will have the woman wearing the guy's dress shirt. Its a common occurrence. Even while pregnant, I found it more comfortable to wear the hubby's underwear. Women were made to swipe their mate's clothes methinks. I still prefer some of my clothing to be overly big for freedom of movement. :D

I think the interest in this couple boil down to one thing for royal watchers. Harry himself. As we entered the "sneeze heard around the world in seconds" era, those of us that have had an interest in the BRF and Harry have been able to closely follow this guy and one remarkable thing about Harry always stands out. His ability to be comfortable in any given situation and his ability to make whomever he is with feel like they're his new best friend. One just has to look at the many example of Harry at the current Invictus Games to know this is so. Especially with children.

Its no wonder that Harry became the most "eligible" royal bachelor on William's wedding day. That's why a relationship musing thread has been in constant action since then. We all want to see Harry happily settled into a home and family life. We realize what his position and his role is and the adaptations that any royal bride would have to face. Then enter Meghan at stage left. By all accounts this woman is perfect for Harry. The share the same goals and dreams that we know of from various sources. She has extensive experience that would make her adjustment to his life so much easier. They're both down to earth and real people without overblown egos. They make each other happy. They love their privacy and their times together and made a long distance relationship work. Neither sought to infringe on the other's roles and responsibilities.

Many moons ago in this thread I said that I thought what Harry needed was a dog. That was after the breakup with Cressida. Well... that's what happened. He found two dogs to love and it just happened that the perfect woman for him came along with them. :D

My rule of thumb has always been to look to how the Royal is dressed. If Harry showed up on a 3 piece suit then yes Meghan was terribly innappriately dressed.
However they attended an outdoor sporting event. In fact Meghan was a tad bit overdressed as most spectators wore shorts and a T-shirt.

The detractors will always find something to complain about.

To imply that someone wouldn't be able to differentiate on what behavior is acceptable for a role and what wouldn't be acceptable is basically calling a person an airhead. One would really think that if Harry has fallen in love with a woman enough to feel that they would make a fantastic team as partners in life, there really isn't one thing about her that he would really seek to change. After all, Harry has lived his entire life in the royal fishbowl and knows better than anyone outside that fishbowl of how someone close to him could adapt to swimming in those waters. He obviously feels that Meghan will do swimmingly with him and not get tangled up in the kelp. However, she may up and serve him the kelp for dinner some night as a mystery ingredient. :D

To become a member of the British Royal Family, one does not attach strings to their arms and legs and have an opening in their back for someone to manipulate their mouths. Too many people have been looking at their notes and checking off boxes on what would work and what wouldn't work in their eyes. Their notes are only good for bird cage liners and have nothing to do with fishbowls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan is going to EXACTLY what she wants to do! And Harry will back her up. So all this complaining about her is a waste of time.

Since the pictures of a few days ago I am seeing more and more sexist and racist attitudes towards Meghan.
When Harry released the KP announcement not much was written but now over time I am seeing those ridiculously insulting articles.
The things articles have criticized Meghan for are deplorable and down right nonsensical!

She is divorced- Well 3/4 of the Queen's children have been divorced. So what?

She's too opinionated and speaks her mind- Meghan is opinionated but it has been on philanthropic issues like gender equality, clean water, and education. The BRF has no one to look to but the DofE who has a loooong track record of sticking his foot in his mouth. Meghan pales in comparison.

She's ghetto and hood.- These are the subtle racist under tones that occur because Meghan is half black. Her parents had decent jobs and she was send to the best of schools. I think those critiques are the worst as Meghan had no control over who her parents are.

It's terribly sad the outpour of venom this young woman gas received.
It's 2017, aren't people better than that?!?

There will always be folks who have racist, prejudiced and bigoted views. I think they are in the minority overall. There are far more good folks out there than bad. Giving a platform and attention to the bad is something that should be avoided IMO. Stop talking about it...focus on the good ..as it seems that Meghan herself does.

LaRae

Meghan is the new girl. Since all other royal girlfriends and wives had to run the gauntlet, I’m not sure why people think Meghan would be exempt.

Like it or not but not a single aspect of Meghan’s life or background is off limits.

To try and shut down debate by calling anyone with a critical view of Meghan a racist wont help her with the public.

She's ghetto and hood.- These are the subtle racist under tones that occur because Meghan is half black. Her parents had decent jobs and she was send to the best of schools. I think those critiques are the worst as Meghan had no control over who her parents are.

Y'know what? I actually think that the "ghetto and hood" innuendos can be taken actually as a positive when it comes to Meghan's character. Of course it is intended to be as a slur and a negative point to make about a woman solely because of who she is but.... and this is a big but in my eyes... think of it in this way. People identify with people that are like them. If one loves music, there'll be certain people that perform the kind of music they like and that's who they'll pay attention to.

Who Meghan is has a lot going for her. Most people, if asked to define the British in one word, it'd be interesting to see what their word would be. People are looking at Meghan on how she would fit into a representation of their ideas of solely the BRF and the class system which, in reality, is like comparing a grains of sand in one area to an entire beach.

Facing reality, we come to realize that the UK and the Commonwealth is just as diverse as the rest of the world. Ghettos and hoods exist in the UK and there are many, many people that live in them that are respectable citizens of the UK and could very much identify with their royal family being realistic in warmly welcoming diversity among themselves and that they base a person's worth on who they are as an individual. That, m'friends, is moving forward in the 21st century.

Its interesting for me because no matter what slur or negative opinion is presented in regards to Meghan, I can find ways to turn it into a positive aspect that this woman has. :D

Veteran royal reporters, biographers, correspondents and royal watchers, are pretty used to how royal courtships used to be conducted. They’re not hip to the new style of things.

Harry and Meghan made their official debut in a more relaxed and laidback setting. It wasn’t at an royal opera gala or an official state event. They dressed accordingly.

If Meghan marries Harry she will be expected to attend many religious services usually in the Church of England. If she is comfortable participating in those services it is better all around.
If she followed a different religion or no religion at all, that would not make her a bad person, but fact is a lot of Royal life is intertwined with CofE.

Yes, in particular, the Sovereign is the Defender of the Faith.

It was very fitting that they made they’re big debut in Toronto. It’s where she live, work and where the games are being held.

Now, I’m wondering how they’re going to make their big debut in London? Will it be with the other members of the royal family?

I'd say come November and as it gets closer to the holidays people are gonna be expecting her to pop up with Harry somewhere.

LaRae

I just want to thank so many here for being a beacon of light, kindness and good old fashioned common sense in light of other forums and some Twitter uses. The ugliness I have seen around the web re Meghan and Harry is just awful. The bad thing is, it's most likely just getting started.

Some people are really threatened at the status quo changing and it's sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an open question posed about why the interest in Meghan and Harry. My answer is pretty straightforward and superficial: I like weddings and love looking at all the fashion choices. That's it. :flowers:

Me too, and I am obsessed with the British Royal family.

Once again, a large number of posts have been deleted. The posts that remain and therefore on-topic and of interest to those wishing to read about Harry & Meghan’s relationship had been lost in yet another off-topic conversation.

Private messages have been sent to regular posters of this thread in connection with how we wish this thread to improve. However, please be reminded of the following:

1) Everyone is entitled to post their opinion and that different opinions are allowed - this is a discussion forum, not a fan-site.

2) Both positive and negative opinions are likely to be posted - and will be allowed to be posted, provided they are made respectfully, are constructive and add interest to the general discussion.

3) With regard to negative comments about Meghan Markle, a negative opinion does not presume racism.

4) We will not tolerate accusations of racism against individual members of this forum or against members of the media.

Last edited:
How did you guys first find out about Harry and Meghan's relationship? I believe I first found out through LaineyGossip and I was shocked and happy. The odd part is, I had been intrigued by Meghan years before dating Harry and thought she would make a name for herself, but never imagined this.

Well, for me it was quite simple. Logging onto TRF here. I've been following Harry and his adventures here for going on 10 years now and there has been a relationship musing thread for that long here.

I don't look elsewhere for information as I do not do social media or "gossip" fan based sites. Harry's relationship is part and parcel of my interest in the British royal family as a whole. :D

I found out here. Had never heard of Meghan before the story broke. I was skeptical at first ...however as we found out more about her and how she has conducted herself I've become supportive of their relationship. But I still don't watch her show, it's not my thing.

I said a few times here that Harry needed to meet someone thru his charity work, to avoid women in his 'social circle'. He needed someone to ground and support him. Lo and behold he appears to have done just that! Maybe he secretly reads our comments? LOL

LaRae

I found out here. Had never heard of Meghan before the story broke. I was skeptical at first ...however as we found out more about her and how she has conducted herself I've become supportive of their relationship. But I still don't watch her show, it's not my thing.

I said a few times here that Harry needed to meet someone thru his charity work, to avoid women in his 'social circle'. He needed someone to ground and support him. Lo and behold he appears to have done just that! Maybe he secretly reads our comments? LOL

LaRae

Yeps.... Harry most definitely took my suggestion that he needed a dog. Went out looking around and found two of them that just happened to have the perfect woman for him attached to them. :D

That's one of the most wonderful things about life. One never knows whats around the corner waiting for them and that ol' love bug bites when you least expect it to.

How did you guys first find out about Harry and Meghan's relationship? I believe I first found out through LaineyGossip and I was shocked and happy. The odd part is, I had been intrigued by Meghan years before dating Harry and thought she would make a name for herself, but never imagined this.

I like Harry, but never quite followed the BRF closely. I remember hearing about Kate and then W&K's wedding years later, but that was probably the last time I paid attention. I started being a big fan of Meghan in mid-2006 after binge watching Suits on Amazon Prime and subsequently did some research on her. Imagine my surprise when I saw the report about her and Harry pop up in October. :lol: Especially since they just seem to lead completely different lives in completely different places. I guess that's the moral of the story here is that you never know where or when you'd meet that person. I was skeptical on if that's true or not at first, but as soon as both sides went completely silent when asked for comments, I knew it was true. Then of course the onslaught of media frenzy and the rest is history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom