Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter weddings aren't at all unusual here, but most Brides opt for the warmer months.. May being a particularly favoured time..

Her half sister said that she and her father laughed at the stories claiming he and Meghan were Jewish and that the rumors were untrue and spread by the tabloids. She also said that she and Meghan's father and much of their family have been baptised in the Episcopalian church (formerly the Church of England before the Revolutionary War).

And according to the recent Vanity Fair article, Meghan was not raised Catholic but attended a Catholic high school.

Meghan herself seems to be at least culturally Christian considering the fact that she celebrates holidays like Easter and Christmas, but exactly what she believes or how strong her faith is only she would know. Regardless I don't believe conversion would be necessary.

Is this the same half sister who has sold stories about Meghan to the tabloids?

If so I'm not sure I would trust anything she says.

LaRae

Episcopalians are part of the Anglican Community, just like the Church of England, so if true she would be considered part of the same church - just a different geographical region. If she would like to take communion they'll ask her to be confirmed if she hasn't been confirmed yet (which I would expect her to do if she was raised (marginally) episcopalian - again very similar to Catherine.

It's no colder than Times Square on New Year's Eve, and millions of people gather for that.

Everyone will just have to dress for the weather, that's all.
Watching the ball drop is different than the BRF. The ball hasn't gotten any criticism and been challenged by Republicanism. :lol:

Winter weddings aren't at all unusual here, but most Brides opt for the warmer months.. May being a particularly favoured time..

It might also have to do with the availability of flowers? I know there are ways for winter, but not as many selection available.

Is this the same half sister who has sold stories about Meghan to the tabloids?

If so I'm not sure I would trust anything she says.

LaRae

A spokesperson has confirmed in the past that she's not Jewish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well, fans etc are trying to find out who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

That purple dress she wore as already sold out! Those ripped jeans and that shirt will too I bet.

Last edited:
A spokesperson has confirmed in the past that she's not Jewish.

I don't think that is the issue here....I wouldn't trust the claims made by the half sister who has been selling stories.

LaRae

I don't know if any of you follow LaineyGossip, but she is very reliable and has been out front in terms of reporting on the Meghan-Harry relationship. I wish we could get a cute acronym for them as I hate having to write out their names all the time--anyway, Lainey speculated when Meghan and Harry would make their official, debut in England-she isn't counting the polo outing.

I am wondering if there are any official BRF events coming up where Meghan could make her debut at Harry's side. Or are there any official Harry related events she could take part in?

They already made their debut...that was yesterday.

LaRae

I don't think Harry has anything scheduled in Britain that would be comparable to Invictus - that is, something that he is attending as an audience member viewing an event (albeit as a prominent, very significant event).

I could see her at the Remembrance Day services if an engagement has been announced and it works for her availability.

Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well fans etc are trying to find who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

That purple dress she wore as already sold out! Those ripped jeans and that shirt will too I bet.

it really is her signature look, she has worn the shirt and jeans and shoes before. its the classic Cali girl look.

I don't know if any of you follow LaineyGossip, but she is very reliable and has been out front in terms of reporting on the Meghan-Harry relationship. I wish we could get a cute acronym for them as I hate having to write out their names all the time--anyway, Lainey speculated when Meghan and Harry would make their official, debut in England-she isn't counting the polo outing.

I am wondering if there are any official BRF events coming up where Meghan could make her debut at Harry's side. Or are there any official Harry related events she could take part in?

I hope she gets to meet Pres. Obama. They actually met before and he called her by name which surprised her.

They already made their debut...that was yesterday.

LaRae

They made their debut in Canada, but it is England to me that will be official, official. As Lainey says, that is where is titles count. IF they debut in England, they are as good as engaged.

I'd be AMAZED if she appeared on Remembrance Sunday this year.. Prince Harry doesn't always attend, and as THE most solemn occasion of the Royal calendar it would be without precedent for a girlfriend to attend.

They made their debut in Canada, but it is England to me that will be official, official. As Lainey says, that is where is titles count. IF they debut in England, they are as good as engaged.

Well I think they are already as good as engaged but I understand wanting to see them together at an official BRF event. I have my doubts that Meghan will attend any before an engagement announcement though. Seems she'll be busy filming for the next couple of months, which may partly explain why they've made it a priority for her to seen with Harry at Invictus. I suspect we'll see her again before the Games conclude. And then once she is done filming, we will get an engagement announcement, followed by Megan joining Harry and the family at some events.

Last edited:

Canada...the Queen is their Monarch. Yesterday was H&M's debut.

I don't think you are going to see Meghan at anything official in England proper until they are officially engaged. Family events it could happen.

Personally I think they are already engaged and working out the details.

LaRae

As far as I know his grandmother is as much Queen of the UK (or would Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland also not be as official to you compared to England?) as of Canada :D (although she doesn't need a GG to represent her in the UK)

So, his title counts very much in Canada as well, but as the royal family lives in the UK, I see why you'd say that it would give it even more of an 'official' touch.

Meghan would never turn up at Remembrance Day. It would break all standards of protocol and would not go over well.

The people who were actually there found no objection to her jeans. In fact, a couple of reporters that were on the scene even commented that she was slightly overdressed compared to everyone else at the game.

And I have to laugh at those that said she should wear more formal stuff when out with the Prince. Has it occurred to any of them that it could very well be one of the reasons the Prince loves her? That she doesn't treat him differently than a regular person.

This couple just might have some big news for us in the new year. We just have to wait and see.

For the love of..... anyone who thinks she was underdressed has never attended a sporting event in Canada. Unless you are in one of the sky boxes, drinking champagne and watching the game, that would be different. Throw a jersey on and she would look right in place at an Oilers game. Even if she was royal, which she isn't, even royals dress down when occasion calls for it.

Who will switch on the Christmas Lights this year? I know members of the BRF often do it.
I'm thinking, if it is Harry, Meghan could accompany him to that.

This couple just might have some big news for us in the new year. We just have to wait and see.
I really hope it will be faster than that !!!! Three months to wait ? No way :bang::lol:

I really hope it will be faster than that !!!! Three months to wait ? No way :bang::lol:

My money is on announcement in about 2 months. Suits will be done filming with the wedding after the last new episode of the season airs.

My money is on announcement in about 2 months. Suits will be done filming with the wedding after the last new episode of the season airs.

England can get cold in the winter months. And though none of use knows when they are planning their wedding, who wants a wedding in the winter when it's cold?

Do you think George and Charlotte will be in the wedding? Hope not, I would like the spotlight to be on Meghan and Harry-I think I will call them Merry-plus, not a fan of kids in weddings.

Those ripped jeans a few were complaining about? Well fans etc are trying to find who the designer is. The shirt she wore is called, the Husband's Shirt.

Now this is a new one on me..........what is a *Husband's shirt*? I did not see the words husband on the shirt...it is white like white shirts are, no nothing to talk about, yet......:whistling:

Now this is a new one on me..........what is a *Husband's shirt*? I did not see the words husband on the shirt...it is white like white shirts are, no nothing to talk about, yet......:whistling:

Most designers give names to their designs, nothing strange there.

The shirt belongs to a line of clothes meant to be work clothes for women. The designer's website calls the shirt the answer to the search for the perfect white button down shirt. The name is meant to be a quirky play on the old idea of a wife borrowing her husband's shirt. The sexy idea of a wife wearing her husband's top (and usually little else) taken from the bedroom into the board room. But instead of wearing a man's shirt, a shirt designed for women, but with some of the style principles of a man's shirt.

I have to comment on the DF caption today to one of the pictures of Meghan and Harry enjoying the wheelchair tennis yesterday:

"Despite being in the glare of the world's media, the couple looked completely relaxed in each other's company"

I believe H&M have been relaxed and comfortable with each other for quite sometime, especially during their 3-week trip to Africa where they spent every day together (probably the longest length of time spent with each other during their courtship).

As far as H&M being at ease and paying no mind to the heavy media glare, that's likely because their relationship is about them and for them, and not about the media, tabloids, paps, and onlookers.

A loving touch from Prince Harry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom