Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the reports are true we should expect to see the couple this weekend!???

I feel like because the anticipation is high that Meghan might just avoid the games. Things always happen when we least expect it.

If Meghan wants to be there at the Invictus then she should !

How long can they be afraid of the anticipation and media coverage ? At the end of the day it's their lives and they should do as they choose . N it's clearly not a fling ! They are both in their 30 s and have been dating for more than a year !

I don't think either Harry or Meghan are focusing overly much on what people think and what they want to see. Harry's focus is primarily on the games themselves.

Regardless of whether or not we see Meghan at the games, we know they're in the same city and I seriously think that even wild horses couldn't keep them apart. :D

I think she'll be there at some point to support Harry and the warriors at the games.

How long can they be afraid of the anticipation and media coverage ? At the end of the day it's their lives and they should do as they choose . N it's clearly not a fling ! They are both in their 30 s and have been dating for more than a year !

I don't think it's they are afraid as they would want the focus and reporting to be on the athletes rather that pictures of MM at the game. It's obvious they are not a fling, and they will obviously spend time together while he's in Toronto. It's just a matter of where.

So we all watch and wait now.....

LaRae

I am thinking she may be there for the last day. That way the people who want to see them together (like me) will get their wish and they people who don't feel she should attend can't say that her presence overshadowed the games.

I don't think it's they are afraid as they would want the focus and reporting to be on the athletes rather that pictures of MM at the game. It's obvious they are not a fling, and they will obviously spend time together while he's in Toronto. It's just a matter of where.

I guess ur right ! But it would be very tough for Harry to visit Meghan with the media on his tail all the time now in Toronto .

I guess ur right ! But it would be very tough for Harry to visit Meghan with the media on his tail all the time now in Toronto .

They proven to be very good at giving the media the slip.

LaRae

Folks, none of this is about trying to not risk Meghan upstaging anything. Her attendance will be about supporting Harry and the competitors.

Folks, none of this is about trying to not risk Meghan upstaging anything. Her attendance will be about supporting Harry and the competitors.

And her attendance will draw attention to the games and the athletes.

Eyes will always be on Harry and Meghan no matter where they go. That will not change. They need to start dealing with it all. The games will be fine. Hiding and avoiding the media attention is getting old.

I think Meghan will be there myself!

I'm just going to watch and see what happens. There's some reasons why they'd not appear together at the games and then again, there's really no reasons why they shouldn't.

I just trust that whatever they do, it'll be in the best interest of what Harry is there for. The games itself. Its not a showcase for his personal relationship.
:D

Eyes will always be on Harry and Meghan no matter where they go. That will not change. They need to start dealing with it all. The games will be fine. Hiding and avoiding the media attention is getting old.

I think Meghan will be there myself!

Again, this isn't about hiding or avoiding. This is about allowing the attention be on what it should be. Yes, there will always be speculations whether she'll go or not, but that's better than it taking over all the coverage.

And quiet frankly, they don't NEED to start doing anything. Whatever they decide, it is what it is.

Again, this isn't about hiding or avoiding. This is about allowing the attention be on what it should be. Yes, there will always be speculations whether she'll go or not, but that's better than it taking over all the coverage.

And quiet frankly, they don't NEED to start doing anything. Whatever they decide, it is what it is.

Honestly as of today Harry n Meghan WILL steal the limelight whichever event it may be .
Like in Pippa s wedding - Meghan avoided the ceremony for the same reason .

Once they start coming out together and get photographed the intense media interest may cease a little but otherwise the speculation will just intensify .

Honestly as of today Harry n Meghan WILL steal the limelight whichever event it may be .

Once they start coming out together and get photographed the intense media interest may cease a little but otherwise the speculation will just intensify .

First off, we don't know that Meghan "avoided" the wedding ceremony because she'd steal the limelight. That's pure speculation. It very well could have been that Meghan wasn't invited to the ceremony but was invited to the after party in the evening. We can't pin reasons on Meghan that don't really exist because, honestly, we just don't know.

They will eventually appear in public as an "official" couple. It will be done in their own time, in their own way. Then again, they may break up and we're back to square one again musing about a relationship for Harry and me supposing that what Harry needs is a dog. :D

The word NEED was used to get my point across. Secondly, there will always be an important event somewhere. Every event should not be avoided due the attention on them because it's not going to change ever. That is the issue.

Last edited:
Again, I'm going to reference a recent quote from a royal source who said it would be weird if Harry traveled to the city where his girlfriend lives and wasn't seen with her. Consider that he'll be there for over a week and it's would be even weirder to me. Now, does that mean he and Meghan should go out of their way to be seen together? No. But it also doesn't mean they should go out of their way to avoid being seen together. If Harry wants to share this experience with Meghan and Meghan wants to support him, then she should attend the Games. I do not think concern over stealing attention away from the event should be the driving force here. It's not as if the media has ever been more interested in the athletes than Harry's personal life. I can think of maybe only a few interviews he did last year were he wasn't asked about getting married, having children, being an uncle, what his mother would think... Also, if they follow this line of thinking, then where does it end? Should Meghan avoid attending next year's IG, even if they are married? We can be sure that the media will be much more interested in seeing them together, what Meghan is wearing, asking them about married life than anything involving the Games. That's just how it is. I think the best they could do is to acknowledge it and find ways to deal with it, instead of constantly trying to avoid the attention.

Last edited:

I think its time to at least be seen in their own terms so that they control the narrative. Chris Jackson is there and could get some pics.

I just love how Harry and Meghan have hide from the media and found ways to travel around the world almost completely in disguise, maybe it is all those disguises that she might have access to in the entertainment business. They truly have the makings of a being great at being invisible while still doing their own thing....gotta love it

How busy is Meghan's filming schedule? Whether she makes a public appearance w/ Harry or attends the games may have more to do w/ her work commitments than w/ any alledged desire the couple might have to 'hide' from the media.

Why on earth dont' they just get on with it? It seems likely that they are in a serious relationship and planning marriage,. I can't imagine that Meghan did that interview unless she was sure of her being accepted into the RF. So I wihs they'd just get on with it, announce their engagement and then its done

I'm thinking there are steps they're planning on taking, and imho the engagement announcement will happen after Meghan is done with her Suits commitments. Perhaps their first public outing will happen during the IG.

Please note that several posts discussing the projects of Meghan's former husband have been deleted since the link between that topic and the topic of this thread is rather tenuous. Let's concentrate on the relationship. Thank you.

Just looking at some timelines for a Royal Engagement.

Royal Family Events
Queen and Duke of Edinburgh 70th Wedding - 20th November 2017

Prince Charles turning 70 in November 2018

Catherine baby due in March 2018
Christening May/June for Cambridge Baby 3

Harry and Meghan
Quiet Christmas for both
Royal Engagement January/February 2018

I had thought Eugenie and Jack would announce an Engagement fairly soon; maybe late 2018 will be their year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom