Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its good Kate and William got some time but I think their absence allowed an unfair narrative that they are workshy and reluctant take afoot. M&H will need to do enough to create their narrative instead of allowing the media to create their narrative.

I always thought that was quite dumb to criticize the younger generations they way they have. They needed to be given time to adjust to their life as working royals. Especially in the beginning, when they are starting projects. We don't necessarily see the fruits of those labor right away. And as parents, I'm sure Kate and William wanted to spend more time with their children when they are young. It's not the same as the Wessaxes in a sense that the Wessax children are school aged.

I always thought that was quite dumb to criticize the younger generations they way they have. They needed to be given time to adjust to their life as working royals. Especially in the beginning, when they are starting projects. We don't necessarily see the fruits of those labor right away. And as parents, I'm sure Kate and William wanted to spend more time with their children when they are young. It's not the same as the Wessaxes in a sense that the Wessax children are school aged.

I agree also but the media is another thing. They have attached the narrative that W&K are workshy as unfair as it is that was how they presented them. I think M&H will need to be visible enough to create their own narrative instead of totally being absent which gives the media the opportunity to create the media more sensational narrative. They need to be seen in moderation and not be absent.

Meghan is intelligent enough to have graduated with a double major degree, and clever enough to have been very successful in both her fields of interest. She has been wise enough to keep her reputation pretty spotless, and charming enough to retain a high class of successful friends.

And.. she has been attractive and dignified and warm enough to have engaged the attention of 'the most eligible bachelor in the world', who has been seeking a woman with those qualities.

So, if she has all those wonderful qualities and qualifications, why should there be any doubt that she can fill the position which she is considering- and for which she is being considered?

She's smart, hard-working, ambitious, and thoughtful.

No one can predict how a marriage will work out. But she is more than well-suited for the requirements of the job.

Meghan is intelligent enough to have graduated with a double major degree, and clever enough to have been very successful in both her fields of interest. She has been wise enough to keep her reputation pretty spotless, and charming enough to retain a high class of successful friends.

And.. she has been attractive and dignified and warm enough to have engaged the attention of 'the most eligible bachelor in the world', who has been seeking a woman with those qualities.

So, if she has all those wonderful qualities and qualifications, why should there be any doubt that she can fill the position which she is considering- and for which she is being considered?

No one can predict how a marriage will work out. But she is more than well-suited for the requirements of the job.

I said it before, the young lady is accomplished in her own right, and people just have to understand that. She has worked hard for everything she have and she's pretty secure within herself. She's able to take on challenges and, I'm sure, she will be able to handle royal life.

Thank you for this post! I think that Meghan will be a great addition to the RF. For me, Harry is the lucky one for having her as his girlfriend. :flowers:

Totally agree with you, in fact Whatever man gets this woman to be his wife had better be *worthy* of her for she in her own right is a very accomplished woman and not an air head by any stretch of the means.

I think its good Kate and William got some time but I think their absence allowed an unfair narrative that they are workshy and reluctant take afoot. M&H will need to do enough to create their narrative instead of allowing the media to create their narrative.

My guess is they will work together on various charities, some of which they already have in common. Of course they only do whatever official engagements requested by the Queen. There's only so much to go around.

Also...Harry/Meghan don't hold the same position as Kate/William.

LaRae

I agree with this view only because of today's climate to do with the financial crisis, austerity etc. No point in unnecessarily getting people riled and certainly not the mean-spirited amongst us. In particular, the media that have been ripping Meghan to shreds since day dot.

And yet Andrew, Margaret and Anne were no more 'future heirs' at that time than Harry is today but had their nuptials at WA...hmmm. Inconsequential to me personally and I've said before that an intimate royal 'grand but not too grand' wedding would seem more suited to H&M's personas. Nothing to do with Harry being an immediate direct heir or not.

I think in looking at past royal weddings, the status of the royals getting married, the financial climate and such is well and good but when it all boils down to planning this royal wedding (if its ever announced that they are engaged), the biggest and most major deciding factor most likely will be none of the above but primarily a focus on security. Security for the royals, security for the invited guest and security for the masses that would gather to watch the pomp and pageantry. Security, to me, has to be the first and foremost consideration when putting all this together.

Too much has happened in the UK recently for it not to be.

Security, to me, has to be the first and foremost consideration when putting all this together.

You're right, that has to be an issue.

Yet, a big London wedding at the Abbey would definitely have more impact on tourism than would a more low-key affair at St. George's.
It would probably mean a difference of millions for the ecconomy!

I think in looking at past royal weddings, the status of the royals getting married, the financial climate and such is well and good but when it all boils down to planning this royal wedding (if its ever announced that they are engaged), the biggest and most major deciding factor most likely will be none of the above but primarily a focus on security. Security for the royals, security for the invited guest and security for the masses that would gather to watch the pomp and pageantry. Security, to me, has to be the first and foremost consideration when putting all this together.

You have a point.

Re the upcoming Invictus Games, I really feel it wouldn't be appropriate for MM to put in an appearance as his gf, at least not until an official engagement is announced. Can you imagine the uproar about the extra security costs and what not? The gnashing of teeth would be terrible.

PR genius or PR victim, Vanity Fair is now bad magazine, Meghan is a victim of Vanity Fair
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Engagement is ‘when not if’ as Palace supports actress | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
"Meghan’s friend said she only spoke briefly in the interview about Harry but the magazine focused on that even though it was “80 per cent about her career”.

It is thought she did not have copy approval before publication and had no control over the headline: “Wild About Harry!” she is so ridiculous

:previous: Rubbish, drivel, sensationalism or whatever you want to call it.

Negative stuff from a negative press that is always looking for negative things to write about. Not my cup of tea and more importantly, most likely isn't Meghan's either.

Calling someone ridiculous too is uncalled for. ;)

there was a lot of negative press about the VF article, she is trying to distance herself from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved reading everyone's different view points.

In fact the Glass Coach could be used for a St George's Chapel Wedding, in any case; travelling down the Long Drive.

I saw the Glass Coach at Windsor Castle, and almost touched the windows; magnificent craftsmanship.

I'm sure Megan could take her pick of any of these!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_coach
https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/about/news-and-features/scottish-state-coach#/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Alexandra's_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_State_Coach
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Jubilee_State_Coach

It's obvious that the media and everyone else is (now) more interested in Meghan because of her relationship with Harry.

The media really don't like to shine a spotlight on the royal girlfriends as an individual. Yes, there's more to Meghan than just who's she's dating.

Then again, as I've said before, it's going to take things to become more official for people and media to really get to know her more personally. The focus will be on her charities and the way she conducts engagements.

Priyanka Chopra slams Vanity Fair Meghan Markle article | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
The ITV article that Dman posted states that Harry was well aware of the interview before it was published. Actually Dman's link is a pretty good read I think.

Thanks Dman! :D

The ITV article that Dman posted states that Harry was well aware of the interview before it was published. Actually Dman's link is a pretty good read I think.

Thanks Dman! :D

I like when we're able to focus on facts and very good reporting.

My guess is they will work together on various charities, some of which they already have in common. Of course they only do whatever official engagements requested by the Queen. There's only so much to go around.

Also...Harry/Meghan don't hold the same position as Kate/William.

LaRae

I keep wondering if they may help with the Prince's Trust. Once Charles steps up whether in a Regency or as King there will be a huge void that needs filling. It seems that H&M may fill the bill of managing that Trust and continuing it's work. I think Charles will need to find a worthy successor(s).

I keep wondering if they may help with the Prince's Trust. Once Charles steps up whether in a Regency or as King there will be a huge void that needs filling. It seems that H&M may fill the bill of managing that Trust and continuing it's work. I think Charles will need to find a worthy successor(s).

I wouldn't worry about the Prince's Trust overly much. It may even end up changing its name to the King's Trust for all we know. Charles is an astute businessman that has the best he can find in positions that keep that Trust running very smoothly and efficiently.

I do think that H&M most likely will become very involved even more so with the Royal Foundation that is already in place for W&K&H. That seems the most logical step for me. :D

Once again, I've had to delete and edit a number of posts. Let's take a look at this rule:

• Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
And that means both positive and negative opinions about this relationship.

Also, let's cool it with the personal attacks. It's not only against the forum rules, but it disrupts the thread. Use the report button if you feel a post is violating the forum rules.

PR genius or PR victim, Vanity Fair is now bad magazine, Meghan is a victim of Vanity Fair
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: Engagement is ‘when not if’ as Palace supports actress | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
"Meghan’s friend said she only spoke briefly in the interview about Harry but the magazine focused on that even though it was “80 per cent about her career”.

It is thought she did not have copy approval before publication and had no control over the headline: “Wild About Harry!” she is so ridiculous

I don't know how that's ridiculous. Most reputable magazines have that rule. VF has generally had that rule. Just ask Gwyneth Paltrow.

there was a lot of negative press about the VF article, she is trying to distance herself from it.

I really didn't see much negative press after the VF article. I saw a lot of media jumping on the "a wedding is coming" story.

The important thing is what Prince Harry feels about it. I doubt very seriously he is at all upset over the VF interview. VF choosing to focus on her feelings for Prince Harry is typical of the media,just par for the course.

When people are speaking about Meghan's genetic background, it is interesting that a DNA test does not show anything about skin color.

I really didn't see much negative press after the VF article. I saw a lot of media jumping on the "a wedding is coming" story.

Yes. There was some negative press, mainly from British tabloids. But overall, I'd say the focus shifted to whether or not this meant an engagement annoucement/royal wedding was next.

well she aint very smart by the sound of it. This article is not going to make people in the UK take to her if they haven't already. Perhaps she did it with Palace approval to introduce herself to the Brtisih world but I think it has if not exactly backfired, not done her that much good. The RF would IMO have been better to stick to the old style "wait till they're engaged and then they can speak to the Press."

Despite apparent disappointment by Meghan and her friends re the content of the article swaying too much to her relationship with Prince Harry, I still think the quotes that were used show what a strong and accomplished person Meghan is. And that she's unfazed by the intensity of the attention and fully capable of taking on all the demands of a high profile life as a British royal. Of course, VF slanted the feature too much toward Harry, but that's also why Meghan's profile has risen so high, and that's why the cover story was coveted in the first place.

From E-online; M&H already celebrated Harry's birthday since they won't be together on the actual day:
http://www.eonline.com/uk/news/8792...-33rd-birthday-celebration-with-meghan-markle

It is important to note that prior to this relationship, Meghan's highest profile interview/pieces are related to her work as a humanitarian and her views on social issues than her as a celebrity.

It is important to note that prior to this relationship, Meghan's highest profile interview/pieces are related to her work as a humanitarian and her views on social issues than her as a celebrity.

I watched her UN Speech and interview with the legendary Larry King, I was totally blown away by this young lady. You can feel and see the passion for social issues and humanitarian work in her eyes and voice.

I watched her UN Speech and interview with the legendary Larry King, I was totally blown away by this young lady. You can feel and see the passion for social issues and humanitarian work in her eyes and voice.

She is a wonderful speaker, should they marry I can't wait to see them work together, both are great off the cuff speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom