Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have extended family who are vegan and that run a very successful vegan restaurant it's an eye opener how they live and get mighty upset about people who are part time vegan it's not just food and drink

Last edited:
Maybe its like being a little bit pregnant? Don't ask me. I've never considered going fully vegan or vegetarian. I love my moo too much. We head down our mountain and see a field of cows and hubby will roll down the window and yell "Run for your lives! She's armed with A1 sauce!" Of course when calving season hits, the fields are full of Whopper Jrs. I love a man with a sense of humor.

She does watch what she eats. Maybe she's a foodie then rather than a vegan but even eating vegan part time is a good reason to opt out of eating haggis if you ask me. :D[/
I have extended family who are vegan and that run a very successful vegan restaurant it's an eye opener how they live and get mighty upset about people who are part time vegan it's not just food and drink

I feel like that's an awfully funny thing to get upset about. Everyone chooses their diet differently. For some it's a cruelty issue, for some it's a health issue, and then for some it's for other reasons. And to get mighty upset about something like this is quite silly.

BTW, are we really down to criticizing the girl for eating a vegan diet part time?

Last edited:
How so? Please explain what you think is 'a mess'

messy dirty hair, barefoot and a ball gown don't go together in my view, if she wanted to present herself as a future princess, please, wash your hair, apply makeup and put on shoes!

messy dirty hair, barefoot and a ball gown don't go together in my view, if she wanted to present herself as a future princess, please, wash your hair, apply makeup and put on shoes!

You do realize tousled hair is a fashion thing right? I'm not seeing anything other than hair on her head, so I'm not sure how you can tell it's dirty. Carolina Herrera is choking at your comment about her dress. And really? Bare foot is a problem? The whole look falls into a more playful theme. Jessica Diehl has done very well in styling Meghan. Obviously, she knows what she is doing as does Vanity Fair when it comes to fashion.

Last edited:
I don't believe that Meghan's hair was dirty. As for tousled hair, a ballroom gown and bare feet, that was probably a suggestion of the director of the VF shoot as something different, a bit of fun. What would have suited? Long white gloves, 1950s lipstick, tightly permed hair, a ballroom location...?
I thought Meghan looked lovely, myself.

Last edited:
Maybe she did the interview etc for her acting career ? The photos etc suggest acting career more than royal future. I'm not saying anything bad about her doing it but unsure why. I haven't be following it much so don't know if she is promoting any cause etc any talk about money donated etc

I don't believe that Meghan's hair was dirty. As for tousled hair, a ballroom gown and bare feet, that was probably a suggestion of the director of the VF shoot as something different, a bit of fun. What would have suited? Long white gloves, 1950s lipstick, tightly permed hair, a ballroom location...?
I thought Meghan looked lovely, myself.

Perhaps add a girdle to the white gloves. :D

I feel like that's an awfully funny thing to get upset about. Everyone chooses their diet differently. For some it's a cruelty issue, for some it's a health issue, and then for some it's for other reasons. And to get mighty upset about something like this is quite silly.

BTW, are we really down to criticizing the girl for eating a vegan diet part time?

I don't think royal rob was criticizing Meghan's food choices- she was explaining how true vegans take issue with people who say they are vegan (not Meghan here, AFAIK she only said she tries to not eat animal products during the week as a diet choice) but use butter and wear leather. Real vegans avoid ALL animal products including things like honey.

Maybe she did the interview etc for her acting career ? The photos etc suggest acting career more than royal future. I'm not saying anything bad about her doing it but unsure why. I haven't be following it much so don't know if she is promoting any cause etc any talk about money donated etc

They briefly discussed Suits at 100th episode and talked about her audition for Suits as well. But mostly about Meghan as a person. Vanity Fair isn't like People or US Weekly, they don't usually pay for exclusive interviews.

It is interesting to note that they avoided the topic of future except for that one comment Meghan made about one day she and Harry will have to come forward with their story. But just judging based on what we've seen from her actions, I highly doubt she's pursuing any acting beyond the current season of Suits.

Last edited:
Which is why I believe that this was a puff piece, designed to introduce Meghan to a wider public, with the IG coming up, and as a future fiancee and wife of Harry's.

So are all fashion shoots supposed to be the same styles now? I'm not understanding the point here.

I do want to add that there is a sense of vulnerability that Meghan showcases very well here. And hey, if i can look that great in photographs without makeup, I'd proudly not wear much make up and make sure I tell everyone and their mother I didn't wear much makeup. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Madeleine of Sweden- what a difference, nice clean hair, smile, shoes , posture - a real princess

totally agree, all for her fame and career

just an example of same style- different reaction, clean beautiful princess, not a Hollywood wannabe

So, zaika, when the engagement occurs and then Meghan retires from her career to perform public duties as Harry's wife within the BRF and has photos taken in ball gown and tiara I take it that you will be just a bit surprised!

Btw Madeleine was born into a royal family, it's a very different situation, and they are very different people. Much as I like Madeleine and I do, she is a Swede and has always been a princess For a start, US born Meghan has earned her own money for years, in Canada and not Hollywood.

all I am saying is that she should have chosen a different image to present to the public if being in the royal family is her goal, that's all

totally agree, all for her fame and career

Is that why she declined to renew a very lucrative collaboration with Reitman once the relationship was revealed? Or ow about shutting down her website, which also helped elevating her career as well as bringing a nice income? Try to be a little fair.

:previous:
Ziaka:
That is Your point of view as to what a princess likes like, and strange as it seems, not everybody agree with your point of view. By the way, Meghan is not a princess.......she is an independent hard working woman carrying her own weight in this world. She IMHO can and could be a real role model for young girls today as you do not see her out at clubs, drunk on the streets, naked most of the time as that is what Hollywood loves to make women out to be..cheap tramps and these woman fall into those traps.

And as for real princesses.....yes Maddie is a real princess as she is born royal, a blood princess by a king and queen, Meghan is neither and again none of us have a choice in whom are parents are going to be...it is the luck of whatever ....

I just don't get anyone criticizing this young lady for this interview....what is the big deal here? And just who are we to be so critical of her? Give the girl a break, I don't think she needs or wants anyone in her life who is cruel or mean or down right negative. I found only people that are jealous of her can be that way.

Last edited:
all I am saying is that she should have chosen a different image to present to the public if being in the royal family is her goal, that's all
You didn't say choose a different image. You said she looked like a mess, which she obviously didn't.

And btw, she'll adapt to the BRF in the ways that matter when the time comes. There are certain things that aren't so black and white and she'll have the freedom to be herself as long as it doesn't cross a line. I don't think she'll be that cookie cutter princess. And that's just fine. Harry isn't exactly a cookie cutter person himself. I think that's why they are compatible.

Oh dear... lol

I thought she looked absolutely gorgeous, which is even more impressive considering she wasn't all dolled up.

And this proves you are right HOW? What I see are 3 reporters dishing on MM so that they can have another 15 minutes of fame and they did not say any thing new or thought provoking about her. If there is one I have learned over the years and this is personal experience only..........I would rather trust a snake in the grass then any media personal. It has to come from the horses mouth before I would ever believe any one of them...there are great examples each day of dirty media reporters out there....IE: the Daily Fail...:lol:

Just presenting different views that's all, not everyone is in love with Meghan

That whole mess just showed that the two guys have no clue how the royals operate and what this means. Melanie made the point that this wouldn't have happened without permission from the Palace, and it is a sign that they are moving towards engagement.

BTW, I just like to point out Ken pointed out multiple times that she is beautiful, so I guess he disagreed with the she's a mess things too. :lol:

No one said one has to. As I pointed out yesterday, if you don't like someone, you don't need a reason. That's just that, and it's perfectly fine. But then try to make up an excuse to justify it is only going to lead others to discuss how your point didn't make sense.

:previous:
Totally agree with you, nobody has to like MM at all, just don't go around badmouthing a person and trying to make out to be something they aren't. I am a firm believer in giving a 2nd chance but never a 3rd.....MM does not and has not done anything to even warrant a 2nd chance......I know so many young girls out there to day that how they behave would make yr head spin......12 going on 50.......she is anything but!

Last edited:

That's perfectly fine.

But these views should be based on facts, right. You said, that it's all for her own fame and career. However, the facts are, that she closed down The Tig, a very lucrative blog, which got her attention and money. She walked away from her Reitmans deal, which got her attention and money. She's stopped posting on social media, which got her attention. And for a year she gave no interviews even to promote suits, which would've gotten her attention. There are no facts supporting that she's after fame and money, the facts support the exact opposite view.

Last edited:
All I saw were three showbiz media people on E News gabbling on about a person they had never met and knew little about. Probably their tone will change, a lot, after she marries Harry.

As for their remarks about Meghan being on the cover of VF solely because of Harry, that's true. Just as Kate wouldn't have been on the cover if she hadn't married William, Diana if she hadn't been Princess of Wales, Anne if she hadn't been the Queen's daughter. And would the magazines that Marie of Denmark and Crown Princess Mary appeared in have asked for interviews if these women weren't going to be married to a prince or already were? Think not!

Last edited:
I don't think royal rob was criticizing Meghan's food choices- she was explaining how true vegans take issue with people who say they are vegan (not Meghan here, AFAIK she only said she tries to not eat animal products during the week as a diet choice) but use butter and wear leather. Real vegans avoid ALL animal products including things like honey.

Thank you your right I was pointing out you can't be a weekend vegan. As I said with my extended family's are and it is very full on some wines are not suitable etc etc

Is that why she declined to renew a very lucrative collaboration with Reitman once the relationship was revealed? Or ow about shutting down her website, which also helped elevating her career as well as bringing a nice income? Try to be a little fair.

I think she is now looking for greener pastures then Reitman and website, this exposure can bring her more riches then then the low cost retail line, and yes, I don't like her, I don't trust her, I don't believe that she really loves Harry, she is in it for fame and fortune. He is a fool to get involved with her, it may be that she is the best he can get, in that case I wish him the best of luck, I just hate seeing him used that way, honestly he looks like a little lost boy who is so hungry for love that he will trust a snake. Prince Carl Philip and Sofia of Sweden come to mind. I was hoping for so much better for Harry.

Not everyone is going to like Meghan. Hell, not everyone liked Catherine -before and after marriage- but it's going to take things to become official for people to see Meghan as a royal.

Right now, some are put off by her being an actress. I get it, but people have to accept that's her life. The woman followed her passion and dreams.

Time will tell won't it and you seem to really know what Prince Harry is like...right.....:lol::lol:and believe this, he looks anything but like a lost little boy, in fact he looks in love and full of life and joy. Nobody knows who they are going to fall in love with at any moment in time, not even Prince Carl and his wife.....who by the way is doing great and has that 2nd chance. Sorry for going off topic.....

Well, I've followed Harry closely since he was 19, have every bio on him, and he's my favourite Royal apart from the Queen. I think exactly the opposite about Meghan.

Don't you think that a man who has been dating and out socially since his mid teens would be able to sniff out a user, especially after dating her for a while? He's met and briefly dated women in show business before now and they didn't last.

I think they are in love, hoping for marriage and that they suit each other fine. She will be a great member of the BRF IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom