The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Majesty

Of course, Harry has been through some of this before. His romance with Chelsy Davy was tempestuous but it did last for years, with the full glare of publicity on them for much of it.

The paps were always stalking them, to the extent that Harry would sometimes wear a black wig when they went out. As they grew into their twenties the Press did feel there was a good chance they would end up married and periodically they would throw that possibility out there as a probability.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish Meghan the strength to cope with the fact of being a member of a royal family. I also wish her the strength to cope with the media pressure. I hope she has enough support in the royal family to become a member, to feel at ease when she is with them, to feel welcomed.

To be honest I don't see an engagement announcement in 2017. Meghan should settle down in London, they should live together for a while and than they should engage and marry.

But nonetheless I would be very pleased if Harry have found his soulmate in Meghan and start a family with her.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The news will come...everyone just have to remain patient. Let the man do what he gotta do here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Majesty

The Fail claims that Palace staff were briefed about Harry and Meghan's coming engagement at that meeting yesterday. Also that the couple are planning a non-traditional wedding.

Royal Palace staff 'briefed about Prince Harry engagement' | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-25-2017, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

I don’t even want to speculate what that means..,..
Old 11-25-2017, 11:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

They don't know anyway...just look at the craziness the last few days. They were wrong, again.

LaRae
Old 11-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Fail claims that Palace staff were briefed about Harry and Meghan's coming engagement at that meeting yesterday. Also that the couple are planning a non-traditional wedding.

Royal Palace staff 'briefed about Prince Harry engagement' | Daily Mail Online
Whatever they're smoking over there at the Fail, I want some. I do love the idea of stepping into a fantasy world sometimes. Beats the rat race of the media where the top rats are neck and neck with each other.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
are planning a non-traditional wedding.
In the HIGHLY unlikely eventuality 'the Fail' are correct, i'd rather the bridal couple bugger off to some 'Chapel' in Vegas rather than subject the rest of us to seeing/listening/paying- for some ghastly 'free-form', 'made-up' ceremony [...]
Old 11-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't doubt that there is plenty of scheming and plotting behind the scenes at KP and Buck House in regards to an upcoming engagement but there are few that are going to leak anything out through those windows into the wind where we'll hear of it. Those that would leak anything would quickly find themselves quite quickly out of a job.

As the old Clairol commercial went "Only her hairdresser knows for sure", I think we can apply the same here. Only those that need to know do know and they're not talking.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

Meghan and Harry will have a wedding that suits them, within the limits of RF requirements. They won't elope, and I don't get why that's even thrown out there as a suggestion. Why on earth would they elope? I don't think this press frenzy bothers them much, they most likely aren't on the internets and twitter reading about the latest speculation. I'm thinking they're somewhere on a short holiday before the Christmas stuff gets started, and enjoying their time together. To me suggesting, that they'd elope means sort or sneaking around as if they were doing something wrong or shameful. I'm thinking they'll both enjoy their relatively large wedding whenever it happens.

I don't see the living together without being engaged for a long time for a few reasons. I don't think Meghan would've done all she has done just to try it out. Then the visa issues, that have been discussed to lengths on here. Added the security issues, and Meghan not being able to be part of any family gatherings and official engagements without that engagement announcement. Jmo, of course.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Are there any types of wedding "rules" that have to be followed for Harry to remain in the line of succession?
No, there are NO such rules. Only converting to Roman Catholicism would exclude him from the succession. Marrying a Catholic would be fine tho'.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Haven't read the Fail's latest article but if they're claiming that the staff have been told about the engagement and a non-traditional wedding then the Fail has been busy plagiarizing the Express article that was linked earlier this morning, which I did read. It claimed the same thing. And I thought, as I read, er skimmed, that article, how amusing it was, the way they were trying to cover for their epic non-news day on Friday. I had forgotten the utter madness of the pre-engagement Will & Kate days, but, oh boy, is it back or what? ;-)
Old 11-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
In the HIGHLY unlikely eventuality 'the Fail' are correct, i'd rather the bridal couple bugger off to some 'Chapel' in Vegas rather than subject the rest of us to seeing/listening/paying- for some ghastly 'free-form', 'made-up' ceremony[...]
Made up ceremony Why because she is divorced or you just don't like her

As anyone who knows about Anglican church weddings, they follow a specific vow and order of service. The exception being perhaps a reading. This isn't going to be some horse and pony show.

The public only pays for security. All other costs are covered by the royal family.

Now I am sure the reception will be filled with their 'horrible music' and personal tastes, well the late evening party. If anyone can complain that would be Prince Charles who will likely pay for that as he did William's. But since that isn't recorded, you wont be forced to listen.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
because she is divorced or you just don't like her
NOT 'because she's Divorced, and I don't 'not like her' [I just have 'reservations', as I'm entitled to !]. It isn't compulsory to worship her, is it ?
I know about CoE Weddings, but I was taking my cue from 'The Fails' alleged 'non traditional' Ceremony.. which might mean 'Civil', non religious and therefore without any kind of 'set text'.
Poems, readings, favourite quotes , and 'made up vows' etc, etc...
Old 11-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
NOT 'because she's Divorced, and I don't 'not like her' [I just have 'reservations', as I'm entitled to !]. It isn't compulsory to worship her, is it ?
I know about CoE Weddings, but I was taking my cue from 'The Fails' alleged 'non traditional' Ceremony.. which might mean 'Civil', non religious and therefore without any kind of 'set text'.
Just out of curiosity: do you have a predecessing wedding ceremony (from the BRF) of which you say: that is the kind that I would want Harry and Meghan to adhere to?
Old 11-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Probably the Wessexes'...

Appropriate, elegant but not 'sleb'. The Cambridges' [what with the Beckhams and all] veered into that territory imo.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Maybe they don' t marry in the church because she is a divorcee.
Do we have in mind that the soccer World championships start on June 14th?
Old 11-25-2017, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Maybe they don' t marry in the church because she is a divorcee.
Do we have in mind that the soccer World championships start on June 14th?
The church doesn't object to them having a church wedding. So, is your reasoning that Meghan herself (or Harry) might think it inappropriate because of her divorce?

Given that she didn't have a church wedding the first time around it apparently isn't that important to her but I assume that they will follow tradition out of respect for Harry's family.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

For the most part, I believe that any wedding between Harry and Meghan will be on par with what is expected of a British royal wedding.

Just as Harry will be adopting Meghan's two furbabies, Bogart and Guy, Meghan will also be adopting the ways of the family she is marrying into. Harry would move heaven and earth I think before he would do anything (consciously) to disappoint his Granny.

There will be plenty of different ways for them to make the wedding their own and unique while sticking to the basic rule of thumb for a royal wedding.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

How many times did the fail repeatedly question if they would have to have a civil wedding? Even after it has been confirmed by the COE that they can marry, even been confirmed by the abbey? Unless Harry suddenly becomes the future head of the church, and/or evidence comes out that Harry has had an affair with Meghan for years and broke up her 1st marriage, a civil wedding is not in the cards.

No you aren't required to like her. But to suggest they should elope because they aren't worthy of having a wedding paid for them, is pretty harsh IMO.

Closed Thread