The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
I wasn't aware that there was a rule that royals could not get married around the six weeks lent period. There are hardly any official royal engagements that I know of for Easter. Harry did not even spend last year's Easter in the UK. He was in Toronto with Meghan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Queen is a deeply religious woman, though. I don't think she would approve of a wedding in Lent.
Anyway, most modern royals have, for their first marriages anyway, married in the warmer, sunnier months. It gets tourists and others out on the streets. February is a cold and miserable month in England.
Most royals in the BRF have a five-six month engagement.

Not just the Queen but the high ranking clergy of the Church of England that would perform the ceremony. And it is not just royals, but anyone wanting a church wedding during Lent generally have a low key wedding as churches frown upon festive decor during the Holy season.

https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/ar...rry-in-church/
"Lent, the 40 days which lead up to Easter Day, is another special time when churches are remembering the temptation of Jesus in the desert. It is a time of reflection and self-restraint, so churches may take down decorations and possibly reduce the number of weddings they do during this time."

Old 11-24-2017, 06:50 AM
Serene Highness

That's my understanding. It's not that a couple can't wed during Lent, rather that the tone of the wedding can't be festive, Queen Victoria's son and heir Albert Edward, the future Edward VII, married during Lent.

Old 11-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen E View Post
Kate's due date is in April. If I remember correctly Charlotte's due date was also in April but she wasn't born until May! This is why I have my doubts they'll have a May wedding.

If it's true that Kate's due date is April 8. she is unlikely to go into May.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I think we must wait for an announce of the engagement before to speculate about a possible wedding

Perhaps Harry will wait some time before to announce an engagement, a little as his brother who waited 10 years before to announce the big news
Old 11-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Majesty

Well, if Harry waits for ten years before getting engaged Meghan will be 46 and Harry 43. I can't see it, myself. I think it's likely to be soon, late November or December of this year.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, if Harry waits for ten years before getting engaged Meghan will be 46 and Harry 43. I can't see it, myself. I think it's likely to be soon, late November or December of this year.
Harry doesn't need to wait for 10 years... if he waits another 6 months, he'll have been dating her for two years. Since we're adding 3 years to the length of time W&K dated before the engagement, in the public memory H&M will have dated for 5 years, and we're all tied up nicely with a bow.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I love the idea of Bogart and Guy being included in the photocall for the engagement announcement. Furbabies are an integral part of a family. That would really warm the cockles of the Queen's heart knowing that her grandson found two wonderful furbabies to love *and* the perfect woman that came along with them.

If Meghan has moved to the UK on a fiancee visa, I don't think we're going to be waiting too much longer for an announcement. They're getting their ducks all in a row and we're just waiting to be told where them ducks are all lined up at. I'm thinking a wedding perhaps at the end of May which gives time for the birth and a bit of recovery and then the wedding before everything starts up for the busy season in June with the Garter ceremony, Trooping the Color and Ascot week. Those would be wonderful times for the newlyweds to appear with all the pomp and circumstances of British royal life and then head into the summer down season to get settled into their married life.

There's a lot to look forward to and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Folks, royal engagements can be long. Peter and Autumn announced their engagement July 2007. They didn’t get married until May 2008. So, Royal engagement and wedding timetables can vary, not necessarily due at a short timetable.

We just have to wait and see how everything will unfold.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae
I live in the central time zone. I will be sitting in front of the television at 11:00 am.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Watchers on Twitter are pretty quiet. Charlie Proctor said there's a meeting at BP this afternoon for the staff but it could be about the Queen's schedule or Christmas stuff etc.

LaRae
Old 11-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Aristocracy

Well I'm starting to see on various twitter feeds that nothing is being announced today. People are leaning toward Monday, or sometime next week.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is starting to look a lot like a baby watch. False alarms all over the place.
Old 11-24-2017, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

It’s reminding of 2010 all over again. The media knew an announcement was coming, but the rumors of which time and day was nuts. It’s best to be calm and wait for it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Aristocracy

I certainly think its coming. Just not today. Isn't it almost 5:00PM in the UK now? I just don't see anyone announcing anything this major at 5:00PM on a Friday. Now come Monday morning? I will officially be on watch. :-)
Old 11-24-2017, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Not going to be today. W&K have an event tonight so focus will be there too.

LaRae
Old 11-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Folks, royal engagements can be long. Peter and Autumn announced their engagement July 2007. They didnít get married until May 2008. So, Royal engagement and wedding timetables can vary, not necessarily due at a short timetable.

We just have to wait and see how everything will unfold.

Peter and Autumn are not royals. Related to royals, yes, but not royals.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Exactly. Its a whole different ball of wax. Their wedding and their planning of the wedding is no where on the same scale as one that will be Harry and Meghan's. Peter and Autumn's wedding was more on a personal scale and timetable than this one will be.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not going to be today. W&K have an event tonight so focus will be there too.

LaRae
Just saw that. I have to agree. Today is looking like a wash.

I wonder if we will ever find out what got the media (well some of them) in such a dither about yesterday/today? On the face of it, the timing didn't seem to make sense for an announcement. Just Meghan being in London? Because we knew that would happen as soon as she wrapped no matter what. They hadn't seen each other for a while and she'd been very focused on wrapping up filming. It makes perfect sense she'd want to see him as soon as she could. Possibly she flew over there because they are going on a trip together. Hence the swimwear. :-)
Old 11-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Yes, I know that. Iím just saying engagements can last for a while.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Serene Highness

After getting excited over the media frenzy (I'm curious to know what started that, it was very different), I'm thinking Meghan will settle to UK for a few weeks, and then before the end of 2017 there will be an announcement.

Closed Thread