Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I still see it. It's his latest tweet.

I see it, too.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
From my understanding that just means they are reserving a section of air time.

LaRae
Thank you Pranter, I am not understanding this satellite time or air time, you mean that each time a show is on TV is booked into a satellite or something? Sorry if this is OT yet just trying to understand all that is going on here...when something is said that I don't understand I want to find the answer to it.....gets me in trouble all the time...

Old 11-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Thank you Pranter, I am not understanding this satellite time or air time, you mean that each time a show is on TV is booked into a satellite or something? Sorry if this is OT yet just trying to understand all that is going on here...when something is said that I don't understand I want to find the answer to it.....gets me in trouble all the time...

I don't know the specifics really...I know just enough to be dangerous!

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 10:39 PM
Royal Highness

That had me cracking up, you are so darn funny..............

Does that mean that you can foretell us here that that darn engagement is going to be announced? Being dangerous has to be fun and gets you into places to learn new info...right!
Old 11-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Satellite time would be so reporters could transmit the story back to their home country in real time. They send the digital signal to the satellite and then it transmits to their studio.
Like a story breaking in London and being transmitted to Sydney in real time.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wow get home from a fourteen hour Very long shift and wasnnt expecting this

Well I have to be up tomorrow at 5am my time for another 14 hour shift. Maybe some exciting news to start my day

If true, looking at wedding by end of May (6 month fiancť visa).
Old 11-23-2017, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Satellite time would be so reporters could transmit the story back to their home country in real time. They send the digital signal to the satellite and then it transmits to their studio.
Like a story breaking in London and being transmitted to Sydney in real time.
^ This Remember the old words "coming to us via satellite"?

Also, if they intend to do real-time interviews with any American news personalities, they'll need a satellite link, I believe.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post

That had me cracking up, you are so darn funny..............

Does that mean that you can foretell us here that that darn engagement is going to be announced? Being dangerous has to be fun and gets you into places to learn new info...right!

I wish! If I could foretell that I'd be rich! I could get a dollar from everyone here and retire!

As long as the new places don't include iron bars I'm game!

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 10:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Just want to verify that it’s the TV station that reserves the satellite time, right? Is it typical for them to do so just in case bc of a rumor, or would they only do it when it’s from a reliable source?

TBH, I'm not holding my breath. I’ll do a lap around the house and pop open a bottle of champagne to celebrate if it happens, but this could all be from her moving out of her house and someone mentioned something they think would happen and then someone tells someone else, and now it’s all being passed around as it’s happening.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Wow get home from a fourteen hour Very long shift and wasnnt expecting this

Well I have to be up tomorrow at 5am my time for another 14 hour shift. Maybe some exciting news to start my day

If true, looking at wedding by end of May (6 month fiancť visa).

London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know what time of the day Will and Kate’s announcement came in? I think that’d be a good indication for any engagement announcement and what time in the day we should expect it if it’s true.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess we'll know the answer tomorrow.
Whether it is a go or just a overblown rumor.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Fwiw, Emily Andrews was definitively saying she doesn't expect an announcement tomorrow on twitter.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
London is 6 hours ahead of us in Central Time. Maybe when I get up tomorrow there will be news!

LaRae
7 hours here, mountain time. May brighten up a lovely 4am wake up call.

Quote:
Does anyone know what time of the day Will and Kateís announcement came in? I think thatíd be a good indication for any engagement announcement and what time in the day we should expect it if itís true.
10am. Clarence house tweeted it at the same time.

https://twitter.com/clarencehouse/st...835200?lang=en
https://twitter.com/vaninaswchindt/s...34730057617409
Old 11-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
DO we know how much earlier they would ask royal press pack to gather at KP for an announcement? I know for Prince Phillip’s retirement, they were asked in the middle of the night, but I don’t know if this would be treated the same?
Old 11-23-2017, 11:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Whenever they do announce I'm guessing we will get to see a interview with the two of them later in the day.

LaRae
Old 11-23-2017, 11:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
DO we know how much earlier they would ask royal press pack to gather at KP for an announcement? I know for Prince Phillipís retirement, they were asked in the middle of the night, but I donít know if this would be treated the same?
Depends on what time KP/Clarence House staff are notified themselves. And that is one difference to note from Will & Kate's announcement. It will be interesting to see which household gives the press call and makes the announcement. I rather suspect it will come from KP since they're the ones who sent out Harry's acknowledgement last year.

As it is, I really hope they wait until the afternoon for a media call. I work tomorrow so a 2am barrage of tweets from KP wouldn't be all that pleasant, lol (Pacific time checking in here!).
Old 11-23-2017, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Depends on what time KP/Clarence House staff are notified themselves. And that is one difference to note from Will & Kate's announcement. It will be interesting to see which household gives the press call and makes the announcement. I rather suspect it will come from KP since they're the ones who sent out Harry's acknowledgement last year.

As it is, I really hope they wait until the afternoon for a media call. I work tomorrow so a 2am barrage of tweets from KP wouldn't be all that pleasant, lol (Pacific time checking in here!).
I think it’ll be from KP as well. It came from Clearance House at the time because that was where William was based at at that time.

I’m sure the time is carefully considered to accommodate cut off time for broadcasting purposes. That’s why I asked. I would expect an announcement around that time again if there is an announcement. Just to be safe, I’d put the phone on do not disturb mode if I were you. Lol
Old 11-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think itíll be from KP as well. It came from Clearance House at the time because that was where William was based at at that time.

Iím sure the time is carefully considered to accommodate cut off time for broadcasting purposes. Thatís why I asked. I would expect an announcement around that time again if there is an announcement. Just to be safe, Iíd put the phone on do not disturb mode if I were you. Lol
Oh, that's what time I expect as well. I'm just not looking forward to 2am tweets, whichever day they come since I'll certainly be working that day (haven't scheduled any vacation time during the next month, lol). I actually started actively using my Twitter acct back when Kate was due with Charlotte because I had started a new job and didn't want to miss the news. :-)
Old 11-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Everyone should calm down and just wait and see. Let her get things unpacked and settled in.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread