The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Thanks much for finding that information, loonytick. It lays out the requirements in clear, precise language.

As far as the press and the public seeing through the ruse? I doubt it. We're talking about Daily Fail readers and commentators and their "bar" for intelligent reporting may reach my kneecaps one of these days and I'm very short. Its a lot of noise.

Besides, what the public and the press think doesn't matter worth a hill of beans. What matters is how Harry and Meghan feel about each other and have the good opinion of their families and their friends. As Meghan, herself, has stated in the Vanity Fair interview “I don’t read any press. I haven’t even read press for Suits. The people who are close to me anchor me in knowing who I am. The rest is noise.”

Old 11-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
what the public and the press think doesn't matter worth a hill of beans.
You think ? I hope the Prince [and the Palaces] would seek to start off the relationship between Ms Markle and these two VITAL components of her future life in the very best way possible.
A spurious 'Exceptional Talent' visa wouldn't do that, and I'm sure they realise it. An HONEST 'Fiance Visa' [on the other hand] would.
If she is his chosen Bride they had better be honest about..It REALLY would be best for everyone.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Royal Highness

What it really boils down to in all this is just one thing that is very important....*It is what both Harry and Meghan feel about each other* we and that is the rest of the world do not matter one d*mn bit to them. They will find a way to make things work for them if that is *what they want*, not want we or the world wants. It is their lives, not our lives that matter to them. Sure in the end things will be discussed with family members but not discussed with the media or the public........we here *do not matter*.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Au contraire. I think Meghan's visa won't matter one little bit. Her acting resume will not matter. Her choice of breakfast cereals will not matter nor will her navel be judged on whether its an innie or an outie.

What matters is that the BRF will get to know her as a person. Harry already does know her very well and finds her extremely suitable to walk side by side with. None of them need to explain anything to the public or the press and they won't. Most likely it will never even be released to the public domain on which type of visa Meghan enters the UK with.

They HONESTLY don't have to tell us anything whatsoever. I don't think that actually Meghan would go for the "exceptional talent" visa as if she is leaving Suits where she could have continued on probably for as long as the show gets renewed, she has other and bigger plans for her life.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:49 PM
Courtier

I think that kind of visa could be quite doable for Meghan, but I do wonder if an actress in Meghan's position, no matter how skilled, would even be employable after a move to the UK that was widely seen as biding her time before an engagement. What's more, while it's ok for a girlfriend who was already acting to keep acting while dating a prince, would the BRF be ok with her taking clear steps in the direction of feeling out a potential marriage while taking on new acting jobs? I really doubt it.

It's one thing to follow the Crown Princess Mary or Queen Maxima model and try the whole living close/living in his nation thing while continuing to work in something a job that's largely done out of the public eye, like PR or finance. Acting is so very visible, and we've already seen some try to equate Meghan with the characters she's played. There would also be very real questions about whether she was cast on her own merits or due to her royal connections, especially because there's a good chance she'd only be offered stunt casting sorts of cameos out of fear that her fame would overshadow whatever show she was in if she had a real role.

I just don't see how it's really practical or possible for her to work as an actress in the UK while everyone is on engagement announcement watch. Continuing her charity work, maybe. But I suspect not truly moving until engaged is probably the most likely scenario.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Another option for her I suppose will be a student visa. She can always chose to do a master degree in the uk (i’m sure she has the funds to cover Tuition plus living expenses), that’s easily a one to two year thing.
This way she gets to live in the uk and be close to Harry while doing something productive - to her future! Even if she’s never marries Harry - with her time.

Or will her being accepted to a master degree be seen as nepotism too in the eyes of some?
Old 11-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Majesty

I think we have come to the ". . . but you can't please all of the people all of the time" situation. Whatever means are used to enable Meghan to reside in the UK IMO are totally irrelevant but will no doubt be totally legal as well.

evolvingdoors, welcome. You have shown us two avenues that nobody else was aware of and, in doing so, widened the scope of discussion in ways I would never have imagined.

I am going to wait (impatiently, of course) to see what happens and, when and if Meghan turns up in the UK, I have no doubt the DM et al will dig to the very centre of the earth to unearth the details, get half of it wrong and take a swipe at Harry and the BRF.

Me? I'm just hoping for a really nice wedding between two very nice people in the not too distant future.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

With today being the 7th Anniversary of the Cambridge Engagement Announcement, everyone should revisit the coverage to get a glimpse on how Harry’s engagement announcement will be conducted.

It’s going to be a very busy and exciting day.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
Nobility

Lord, I'm sure all those people with property for sale in west London are grateful for anyone with the means to tap into that market. And then just think how much her place could be worth if she does become engaged! Harry Meghan relationship musings is an investment opportunity!! No joking!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Majesty

According to the Sun Meghan has already begun the process of moving her dogs over to Britain.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...ing-to-london/
Old 11-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
With today being the 7th Anniversary of the Cambridge Engagement Announcement, everyone should revisit the coverage to get a glimpse on how Harry’s engagement announcement will be conducted.

It’s going to be a very busy and exciting day.
Yikes! I just watched a clip and how both weren't permanently blinded is beyond me. Crazy, utterly mad. Hope Harry's isn't that bad.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
According to the Sun Meghan has already begun the process of moving her dogs over to Britain.

Is it so long and difficult ?It looks as if it takes a lot of time and papers !
Old 11-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Courtier

If the dogs need to be registered and all, is that a public record? If so, someone should soon be able to confirm whether or not this news item is accurate.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

That was one of the things I wondered about, but was too lazy to google. Quite a lengthy process, to move the dogs to UK. Did my maths serve me right, when I made the estimation, that it would all take about 6 weeks to 2 months? So the dogs would be ready to go in December?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Really, really, strapped for news on this front. The article merely waffles about how Meghan adores her dogs, lets them sleep on the bed, employs dog walkers and gets friends to facetime her with her dogs when she's away.

So, nothing new, just anonymous sources said she will be making arrangements. To be honest, I think we covered what was involved in more depth and less fancy earlier on in this thread.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytick View Post
If the dogs need to be registered and all, is that a public record? If so, someone should soon be able to confirm whether or not this news item is accurate.
OMG I love you guys! I love you all so much! Go get it, peeps! Get the scoop!!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Yikes! I just watched a clip and how both weren't permanently blinded is beyond me. Crazy, utterly mad. Hope Harry's isn't that bad.
Lol, yes, it’s going to be that crazy and mad. Of course his staff and palace officials will make sure everything runs smoothly.

There will be lots of one line sentences on the forums too. Mainly because our fellow folks are just going to be too excited to send out their congrats and news links. When the Cambridge’s news came down, I danced around the house. It was odd, but I just couldn’t contain my excitement over someone else’s engagement news from way across the pond.

Even for the Cambridge’s pre-wedding Reception and dinner, The Queen arrived and looked back at the media and remarked how “mad” everything was. The US mainstream media will loose their minds too.

I’m looking forward to the party. That’s what all this will be; one big royal party.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-16-2017, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Hmm, I think you are right. If people as far away as we two can get all excited, the UK brigade is toast! (Just kidding). Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see just how big a deal the engagement turns out to be as I am sure that will factor into the type of wedding they have.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
That was one of the things I wondered about, but was too lazy to google. Quite a lengthy process, to move the dogs to UK. Did my maths serve me right, when I made the estimation, that it would all take about 6 weeks to 2 months? So the dogs would be ready to go in December?
Its not lengthy at all. Not sure where the 6 weeks came from. There are 3 requirements for her dogs to come over.

-microchipped
-tapeworm treatment
-rabies shot

The rabies shot would be the longest. The mirror says 30 days, but they didn't take into account her dogs are coming from Canada/USA. They are 'listed countries'. Under UK border rules, dogs from a listed country don't require a blood test after the rabies shot. But they do have to wait 21 days (so 9 days shorter then the mirror suggested).

The tapeworm can be done days before they leave.

Her dogs will already be microchipped. We know this because her dogs are from the US. Canada has the same requirements as the UK, for dogs coming across the border, they have to be microchipped and rabies shots. Bogart was adopted in LA, and Guy was brought up from Kentucky.They would have been microchipped before that to come over.

They would have had their rabies shots then too. While the shots are said to be good for three years, many borders require to be done within a year.

Meghan will already be well versed in this, having crossed the border once with her dogs. Just have to prepare them for a longer flight this time.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness between special visas and rabies free dogs etc etc I wonder if they will ever get to actually live together.

Closed Thread