Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping they repeat Norway, very romantic! Great opportunity to cement things.

LaRae

I'm hoping they repeat Norway, very romantic! Great opportunity to cement things.

LaRae

Jacuzzi under the northern lights (there is a picture here of the Jacuzzi and a view from it Gallery - Tromvik Lodge). champagne and a ring. Definitely as romantic as a safari proposal, for a couple who did it for their first trip together. :flowers:

Wow now a tonight special on Harry and Meghan on ITV! Did they expect an engagement today and scheduled time to report on that and it didn’t happen. Not sure I get why they are showing this so soon after their last Harry and Meghan show. Very strange.

Wow now a tonight special on Harry and Meghan on ITV! Did they expect an engagement today and scheduled time to report on that and it didn’t happen. Not sure I get why they are showing this so soon after their last Harry and Meghan show. Very strange.

:previous: More details:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowb...al-revolution-meghan-markle-prince-harry-itv/ Appears to be a rehash, focusing on what the establishment might think, and on how Meghan met Wills. The reference to 'Can Meghan Become Queen One Day' is preposterous and idiotic. It's better to temper this OTT excitement with some common sense, please!

Meghan's style evolution (including some of her early looks I haven't seen before):
https://www.today.com/slideshow/meghan-markle-t113191

Meghan's beauty tips from a 2016 interview:
https://www.today.com/style/meghan-markle-s-favorite-beauty-products-skin-makeup-hair-t119013

A great Meghan fashion resource:
Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

Last edited:
I think its only just starting. Everything is coming up Meghan as the world watches and waits for *that* announcement. Royal reporters are probably on 24/7 alert to be ready and willing and able to get the *big* scoop out.

I can just picture Harry and Meghan laughing and giggling together watching the world wait. It would be just like Harry to suggest "want to really whip them into a foam? Lets go shopping for nursery items."

All things in good time.

Oh heavens Osipi, don't suggest that! Already we have magazine covers here in Australia stating that Harry and Meghan are having a baby. If they walked into a baby wear store and started looking around, the tabloids and everybody else would just go nuts!

I think its only just starting. Everything is coming up Meghan as the world watches and waits for *that* announcement. Royal reporters are probably on 24/7 alert to be ready and willing and able to get the *big* scoop out.

I can just picture Harry and Meghan laughing and giggling together watching the world wait. It would be just like Harry to suggest "want to really whip them into a foam? Lets go shopping for nursery items."

All things in good time.

About that.. there has been a lot of chatter today in various places about imminent preparations:

Elaine Lu reports (http://www.laineygossip.com/uk-medi...e-engagement-announcement-expected-soon/48507):

• she was woken up at 5am today by her phone blowing up from UK press contacts
  • UK press have been reaching out to secure appearances for commentary
  • Satellite windows have been booked
  • (in her opinion) the UK media seem to think it’s happening tomorrow

The satellite window booking was confirmed by Sunrise on 7 (Australian media), along with betting being suspended.
Of course, it could be a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

All things in good time.

Osipi, I know you mean this in good-hearted jest, but the mere suggestion that these two would be that glued to their press :ermm: (as Diana was btw, just came off that thread so Diana's issues are fresh in my mind) sends a chill down my spine.

As an actress Meghan would have been concerned about public perception for career reasons, but Harry having the same symbiotic relationship with the press (as his mother did) does not bode well. Not healthy. :sad: Yet it is said he is like Diana in many ways. Might this be one of the ways?

I hope for them both that they are completely within their own bubble world. :flowers:

I'm just going to keep calm, also setting my alarm for 5am for black friday sales or the engagement, whichever comes first.

On the "no, not tomorrow" side, the royal correspondent for the Telegraph just posted this (to which there are several replies from members of the press pack):

Royal twitter, you're not playing it very cool re this engagement malarky, are you? Like a tipsy meddling aunt #calmdown

I wondered whether it was true when I read a while ago that it was a DF journo spreading the happy tidings, (supposedly) However, if Lainey in Toronto was woken up it looks as if something might be up. It explains all the docos coming out every five minutes for the past couple of weeks I suppose. I'm on tenterhooks !!

Osipi, I know you mean this in good-hearted jest, but the mere suggestion that these two would be that glued to their press :ermm: (as Diana was btw, just came off that thread so Diana's issues are fresh in my mind) sends a chill down my spine.

As an actress Meghan would have been concerned about public perception for career reasons, but Harry having the same symbiotic relationship with the press (as his mother did) does not bode well. Not healthy. :sad: Yet it is said he is like Diana in many ways. Might this be one of the ways?

I hope for them both that they are completely within their own bubble world. :flowers:

I, too, hope they're all snuggled up somewhere very happy with each other and meant that statement in jest of something silly they could be teasing each other with and not really acting on it at all as it is a totally dumb idea but silly. I'm sure they're aware that the world is just hanging on tenterhooks to see what happens next and I know if it was me, I'd be silly about it and come up with all kinds of idiotic ideas to joke about in private.

If I'm remembering right, with Will & Kate's announcement, the press only had a few hours beforehand that an announcement was imminent. With Philip's retirement announcement though, I believe the gongs were rung in the middle of the night? Perhaps with Harry and Meghan they're going for more of a time span between being alerted and the actual announcement taking into the fact that this time it involves two people from different sides of the pond? Dunno. I'll believe it when this thread goes wackier than a Black Friday sale.

As for Black Friday? It can come and go without me. I don't do chaos. Nope. Not at all. :D

I wonder if the media isn't just chasing it's tail? Feeding off each other? I mean...why would they announce tomorrow? How would they even know anyway?

LaRae

I wonder if the media isn't just chasing it's tail? Feeding off each other? I mean...why would they announce tomorrow? How would they even know anyway?

LaRae

I tend to agree. Something seems off about this. I'm very ready to be proven wrong, but I'm not sure if I'm believing the Friday announcement.

Don't the journalists/Royal correspondents get a tip off from the Palace that an announcement will be made? It just makes me dubious that the original Twitter seemed to come from connections within the Fail. However, if nothing happens tomorrow (your time) we will then know it was a lot of chasing of tails. If it's true...Whooh!

Although I know Harry is very British and Meghan is an American, I sure would hate to have my engagement date remembered as "Black Friday". Sounds a bit ominous to me. :eek:

If they announce on Friday, Brit time, this will be the best Thanksgiving weekend ever! I love the chaos and excitement of the press chasing a happy, glamorous and romantic story strewn about with our American sales on fashion and bbq grills.

I've lost all pretense of patience or dignity---bring me the photo of the ring!

Black Friday? Nah! Unless the date is the 13th it doesn't count. :lol:

Let's hope it is today.... as soon as possible.... a great joy for me !

This is the *media* we are talking about here, they have first hand info on an engagement.....who believes that is looking for a huge let down. So for me, I will believe it when I see and hear it from the horse's own mouth with hay hanging out and the tongue flapping...:lol:

LaRae

I think the media is chasing its tail. How would anything like this get out unless there is a leak at Kensington Palace? I will happily be wrong though.

Leaks are always possible of course. I just find this whole thing odd.

LaRae

The behaviour of the bookies is interesting. a leak from a reliable source? or learned experience in protecting their profits?

We'll know soon.....or not!:lol:

What bothers me a little about this, is that if there is no announcement Friday, that will somehow be put on Harry and Meghan. Like it's their fault that the media is acting a fool. I've already read it some places. "I'm tired of hearing about them. Why are they dragging this out." etc. The media is going to write about what they want.

Anyway, I can see an announcement within the next week, but I'm not sure about Friday yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom