Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The real clincher of course will be a couple of photos of Harry and Meghan over the next day or two. I'm really hoping for that, though the fact that she is in London and looks as if she has quickly organised storage of her things is great. It's intriguing that Meghan was visiting a swimwear store though. Perhaps a trip away somewhere warm, though probably not the Caribbean?
Yes, seeing them out together will be wonderful. As to shopping for swimwear, well maybe she's a hot tub fan or perhaps she likes to swim to keep fit during the winter.

I wonder why Meghan was not at the anniversary dinner since she was in town? I know she and Harry are not engaged yet but the optics are kinda bad here. Where there any other girlfriend and boyfriends present?

No that’s not the way these things go

Yes, seeing them out together will be wonderful. As to shopping for swimwear, well maybe she's a hot tub fan or perhaps she likes to swim to keep fit during the winter.

Perhaps they are going to her mother’s for Thanks Giving

Harry has become the patron to the of Walking With The Wounded 2018 The Walk of America. It would be interesting to see Meghan also participate in this endeavor.

The real clincher of course will be a couple of photos of Harry and Meghan over the next day or two. I'm really hoping for that, though the fact that she is in London and looks as if she has quickly organised storage of her things is great. It's intriguing that Meghan was visiting a swimwear store though. Perhaps a trip away somewhere warm, though probably not the Caribbean?

This is just all so exciting!!! I suspect we will see some photos, or at least I hope so.

Maybe they will do Thanksgiving in London and her mother will join them.

LaRae

She has more then her mother back home, including her dad and friends.

Even if the movers are doing the packing, it seems she has left two very important things back home still. Or I assume as I have seen no rumor of dog crates being seen at the airport. I am sure she is anxious, if she is set for the final move, to bring them with her.

When her and Harry marry, even if Thanksgiving is not a holiday in the UK, it will become harder to get home for it. I think it likely she will enjoy at least one last holiday with her family and friends. Thanksgiving with Harry at Kensington would likely not compare to the big family event back home.

Harry has become the patron to the of Walking With The Wounded 2018 The Walk of America. It would be interesting to see Meghan also participate in this endeavor.

Prince Harry has been involved with 3 of their four expeditions. He did the North Pole in 2011 (didn't complete due to brother's wedding), south Pole 2013, and walk across Britain in 2015. He wasn't involved in the Everest one, though he helped promote it.

The US one is a 14 week trek, not sure Harry would do the entire thing. But it would be great to see them both do it. If they weren't married, she should still be able to, as she was at Invictus. Its not a 'royal event' but a patronage. Could train together.

Ok. Thanks for the info. No ring no bring applied here. Some of the DM commentors we're cackling with glee that Meghan wasn't there; proof her no show = a no go for the wedding. DM didn't bother to mention long time significant others were not on the guest list. I think the naysayers will have a meltdown if the engagement is announced.

Yes, I see no mention about poor Jack, or Gabriella's boyfriend being left off the list either. And both have been in the picture much longer then Meghan. But the DM is an one track pony, they don't have enough energy to care about more then one couple. Besides, they likely don't consider any reader would be interested in the other couples.

It was noted that in 2002 Camilla was invited to a post Jubilee family event, and she certainly had no ring.

Last edited:
She has more then her mother back home, including her dad and friends.

Even if the movers are doing the packing, it seems she has left two very important things back home still. Or I assume as I have seen no rumor of dog crates being seen at the airport. I am sure she is anxious, if she is set for the final move, to bring them with her.

When her and Harry marry, even if Thanksgiving is not a holiday in the UK, it will become harder to get home for it. I think it likely she will enjoy at least one last holiday with her family and friends. Thanksgiving with Harry at Kensington would likely not compare to the big family event back home.

The bolded is why I'm not convinced she is officially moved just yet. It's coming, but I'm not sure it has happened yet. She may have to go back and forth a few times.

As for Thanksgiving and other family traditions, I'm sure she will do what she can going forward to keep some of her traditions, even if they will have to be scaled down, or a bit different. But I'd imagine this year, she'd like to spend this holiday at home if she can. But, I guess we will see.

Either way, very exciting times for all involved.

:previous: If she can.....that is exactly why I think she will Thanksgiving and quite possibly time at Christmas. This will be the last year, unless the engagement is really far off, where she wont have to consult any schedules to whether she can or not. She wont have job commitments and she isn't a member of Harry's family yet to consult them. Think she will enjoy the freedom to still go home when she can, while she has it.

:previous: If she can.....that is exactly why I think she will Thanksgiving and quite possibly time at Christmas. This will be the last year, unless the engagement is really far off, where she wont have to consult any schedules to whether she can or not. She wont have job commitments and she isn't a member of Harry's family yet to consult them. Think she will enjoy the freedom to still go home when she can, while she has it.

This is why I'm thinking the engagement announcement may not come until the start of the new year. So she can continue to move around relatively freely. And that's perfectly fine. She deserves whatever time she needs.

I’m just happy for them both. That’s really all I can say at the moment. A great woman for a great Prince.

Can I get an Amen?...can I get a hallelujah?

I have to disagree- I don't see how Grace could realistically have returned to acting, even though she missed it. Just as it is not realistic for Meghan to continue acting if she and Harry marry.

Rainier was only 6 years older than Grace, not that much IMO. Not the 13 years between Charles & Diana.

The 1960s was a completely different era. Also, being a member of the Grimaldi (Monegasque royal) family is not the same as being part of the British royal family. I don't think that Grace could have exactly returned to being a leading lady in Hollywood. Of course not. But there were probably cameo roles she could have done, as well as television guest spots at the time when she was pining for her career. Eventually, in the late 1960s and 1970s, Grace participated in narration/hosting work in films.

During the early 1960s, Grace was not happy having to cut herself off completely from her former profession and acting colleagues. Rainier simply held tight to the reins in the early years of their marriage. Six years is still a lot of years older, but the main point is Rainier was moody, macho, authoritarian and set in his ways. Also, they didn't really know each other very well before marrying.

I am sorry but you think Meghan didn't attend the wedding so not to steal attention :lol:

Even if the media had got wind of where the wedding was, Meghan would have been a small fish in a giant ocean of celebrities. Serena wasn't going to be outshone by Meghan. With the likes of Beyoncé in attendance, that was not a concern. Even if Harry had been able to attend, there would be little concern. It would be like the couple attending Harry's friend's wedding in Jamaica. Nor was security an issue, as Serena went well out of her way to have it highly secured for their privacy. This is not the UK, where the tabloids are blood thirsty for photos of Harry and his girlfriend. Not that they would have got any.

Meghan didn't attend as she was still filming Suits.

Meghan was on the Suits set, sure. I believe filming was being wrapped or had essentially wrapped. There may have been some additional work with voiceovers or last day logistical stuff to attend to, saying goodbyes, etc.

I totally disagree that Serena's wedding would have been like H&M attending the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. Not the same at all. Different countries, different venues, and completely different logistical concerns. The Jamaica resort was a private club where the media were definitely not supposed to be able to gain access. Probably money exchanged hands with locals and the intrusive paps, which enabled the paps to get near enough to the resort with telephoto lenses. The Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans is nothing like a private resort in Jamaica, IMO. The main similarities are high class, expensive venues with VIPs in attendance. Obviously, the Inskips' guests were more of the British aristocratic jet set, and Serena's guests were a mix of high profile sports stars, entertainers, fashion industry cognoscenti, and Hollywood celebrity jet set.

When I said that Meghan did not want to 'outshine' any bride as being the reason she didn't attend Patrick's wedding, nor Pippa's ceremony, I am referring to the unwanted media attention. It's not about Meghan having more fame or stature or anything like that. It's about the laser focus of attention that has been on her ever since the news broke last November that she was dating Prince Harry.

Simply because Serena's wedding venue was in the U.S. doesn't mean that had Meghan attended there wouldn't have been additional hordes of paps from the U.K., and other countries eager to get snaps of Meghan (which I'm sure at this point are worth a lot of money). Remember that Meghan has been keeping an extremely low profile, and her security detail has been beefed up. No matter how much security Serena had, Meghan would have had to be accompanied by her own security protection.

And once again, this has nothing to do with any kind contest as to who 'outshines' someone else. It's not about that, it's about the OTT media attention that right now has been bombarding Meghan and Harry. There's no way H&M would have wanted to attract that kind of attention (amidst a slew of prominent celebrities) at a time when they are trying to remain low profile and are in the process of navigating their way toward their own anticipated engagement and wedding.

I don't think there's any way that had Prince Harry attended, there wouldn't have been an even larger contingent of media and paps focusing much of the attention on Harkle. And obviously H&M had other commitments, as did some of Serena's other friends. Most likely Meghan has already sent Serena wedding and baby gifts, and probably they keep in touch. But both of their lives have been quite busy and filled with the happiness that love can bring.

Last edited:
The 1960s was a completely different era. Also, being a member of the Grimaldi (Monegasque royal) family is not the same as being part of the British royal family. I don't think that Grace could have exactly returned to being a leading lady in Hollywood. Of course not. But there were probably cameo roles she could have done back then, and television guest spots. And of course some of the narrator/hosting work in films that she eventually did many years later.

In the 1960s, Grace was not happy having to cut herself off completely from her former profession and acting colleagues. Rainier simply held tight to the reins in the early years of their marriage. Six years is still a lot of years older, but the main point is Rainier was moody, macho, authoritarian and set in his ways. Also, they didn't really know each other very well before marrying.

Meghan was on the Suits set, sure. I believe filming was being wrapped or had essentially wrapped. There may have been some additional work with voiceovers or last day logistical stuff to attend to, saying goodbyes, etc.

I totally disagree that Serena's wedding would have been like H&M attending the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. Not the same at all. Different countries, different venues, and completely different logistical concerns. The Jamaica resort was a private club where the media were definitely not supposed to be able to gain access. Probably money exchanged hands with locals and the intrusive paps, which enabled the paps to get near enough to the resort with telephoto lenses. The Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans is nothing like a private resort in Jamaica, IMO. The main similarities are high class, expensive venues with VIPs in attendance. Obviously, the Inskips' guests were more of the British aristocratic jet set, and Serena's guests were a mix of high profile sports and Hollywood celebrity set.

When I said that Meghan did not want to 'outshine' any bride as being the reason she didn't attend Patrick's wedding, nor Pippa's ceremony, I am referring to the unwanted media attention. It's not about Meghan having more fame or stature or anything like that. It's about the laser focus of attention that has been on her ever since the news broke last November that she was dating Prince Harry.

Simply because Serena's wedding venue was in the U.S. doesn't mean that had Meghan attended there wouldn't have been additional hordes of paps from the U.K., and other countries eager to get snaps of Meghan (which I'm sure at this point are worth a lot of money). Remember that Meghan has been keeping an extremely low profile, and her security detail has been beefed up. No matter how much security Serena had, Meghan would have had to be accompanied by her own security protection. Let's be realistic.

And once again, this has nothing to do with any kind contest as to who 'outshines' someone else. It's not about that, it's about the OTT media attention that right now has been bombarding Meghan and Harry. There's no way H&M would have wanted to attract that kind of attention (amidst a slew of prominent celebrities) at a time when they are trying to remain low profile and are in the process of navigating their way toward their own anticipated engagement and wedding.

I don't think there's any way that had Prince Harry attended, there wouldn't have been an even larger contingent of media and paps focusing much of the attention on Harkle. And obviously H&M had other commitments, as did some of Serena's other friends. Most likely Meghan has already sent Serena wedding and baby gifts, and probably they keep in touch. But both of their lives have been quite busy and filled with the happiness that love can bring.

Sorry, but even if the British tabloids sent some reporters, they would have been vastly out numbered by the US press. Beyoncé and the long list of celebrities, not to mention the bridal couple. Meghan was not about to steal any press attention alone. If she was worried, which I highly doubt, about her and Harry stealing attention she could have easily gone Alone. Its unlikely even if she had gone, Harry could have gone anyways.

But where are the tabloid pictures? The pap pictures of the guests coming in and out? I mean there must be some since this was a 'public' venue and not as secure as a resort in Jamaica. With all those guests, there must be some right?

No. Not one. And not because Meghan wasn't there and no one cares. But because a huge expense was spent to secure the event. The location wasn't even known to guests ahead. No camera phones were allowed in. Nothing. The only pictures that have come out are the ones released.

Meghan knew this. And there was no reasonable reason for Meghan to think she would steal any attention from the bride. I highly doubt either her or Serena care about British tabloids anyways. The real magazines, like the ones paying for the photos, care about the bride and her A list celebrity guests. If celebrities really cared about having attention stolen on their big day, they would elope or not invite anyone but their unfamous family.

Just for Skippy and your future plans, if you want a private wedding, having a wedding at a public venue and resort outdoors, doesn't make for very secure control of photos. A lot easier to control photos with walls, like Serena.

Last edited:
Sorry, but even if the British tabloids sent some reporters, they would have been vastly out numbered by the US press. Beyoncé and the long list of celebrities, not to mention the bridal couple. Meghan was not about to steal any press attention alone. If she was worried, which I highly doubt, about her and Harry stealing attention she could have easily gone Alone. Its unlikely even if she had gone, Harry could have gone anyways.

But where are the tabloid pictures? The pap pictures of the guests coming in and out? I mean there must be some since this was a 'public' venue and not as secure as a resort in Jamaica. With all those guests, there must be some right?

No. Not one. And not because Meghan wasn't there and no one cares. But because a huge expense was spent to secure the event. The location wasn't even known to guests ahead. No camera phones were allowed in. Nothing. The only pictures that have come out are the ones released.

Meghan knew this. And there was no reasonable reason for Meghan to think she would steal any attention from the bride. I highly doubt either her or Serena care about British tabloids anyways. The real magazines, like the ones paying for the photos, care about the bride and her A list celebrity guests. If celebrities really cared about having attention stolen on their big day, they would elope or not invite anyone but their unfamous family.

Just for Skippy and your future plans, if you want a private wedding, having a wedding at a public venue and resort outdoors, doesn't make for very secure control of photos. A lot easier to control photos with walls, like Serena.

??? Like I said, this isn't a contest. Probably that last paragraph is something you'd more aptly want to relay to Harry and the Inskips. But oops, it's too late. ? And btw, I already pointed out the differences in the venues.

Once again, it's not about Meghan 'stealing attention from the bride.' That's an erroneous and exaggerated emphasis. I already outlined what I think the concerns for Meghan and Harry were probably about, if either of them were even contemplating attending, which I highly doubt. I'm not sure what your contentiousness is about. It's quite clear that Meghan being in attendance would have attracted attention, which has nothing to do with her 'stealing attention.' It's over and done with in any case. Meghan was not there probably for a number of reasons, the main one being she had other commitments.

We don't truly even know the exact nature of Meghan's friendship with Serena. They seem to be very good friends, but not besties. Both of their lives are undergoing radical changes of a happy nature. So let's see if Serena might be available to attend Meghan's anticipated wedding. Depending upon the scheduling, Serena might be involved with tennis, should her comeback be proceeding well.

Obviously, Serena's big event was planned with a high level of security. I've read about it, but I don't pretend to know as much about it as you seem to. :D Clearly, one of Serena's major goals was to secure exclusive photograph coverage for Vogue (up now on their website).

Last edited:
Its time to move on please back on topic - Serena's wedding has been and gone and there is no point in debating whether Meghan attended the wedding or didn't or what the reasons might or might not have been. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am going to hazard a guess that maybe they will spend Thanksgiving in L.A with her family and friends there including her Dad since he was there last time and then they will go somewhere for a beach holiday afterwards for a week.

This is just my wild speculation given the fact that she went shopping at a swimwear store.

I’m just happy for them both. That’s really all I can say at the moment. A great woman for a great Prince.

Can I get an Amen?...can I get a hallelujah?

It's really wonderful!

I had a good laugh on twitter, when some of these royal reporters were joking how the engagement announcement couldn't be done a day after Meghan had gotten a facial. So hilarious.

I am going to hazard a guess that maybe they will spend Thanksgiving in L.A with her family and friends there including her Dad since he was there last time and then they will go somewhere for a beach holiday afterwards for a week.

This is just my wild speculation given the fact that she went shopping at a swimwear store.

FYI I'm in the LA area for Thanksgiving at the moment (just sat down after doing some turkey prep) and it's 80s/low 90s F, so technically swim weather here now. Doesn't her dad live in Mexico these days? Maybe they'll visit him there. I mean at some point Harry needs to 'have a conversation with her dad' right?

FYI I'm in the LA area for Thanksgiving at the moment (just sat down after doing some turkey prep) and it's 80s/low 90s F, so technically swim weather here now. Doesn't her dad live in Mexico these days? Maybe they'll visit him there. I mean at some point Harry needs to 'have a conversation with her dad' right?

Who's to say they haven't already had that conversation?

No sign of either of them today so far.

LaRae

Why would anyone fly to London, from Toronto, just for a few days, then turn around and fly back to anywhere in North America?

I'm not buying the various theories being tossed around that Meghan is coming back to the US (or to Mexico to see her dad) for Thanksgiving. Travel across the US is a nightmare during this week. If she is going somewhere warm in the next few days where she can wear a new swimsuit on a beach it isn't likely to be in the western hemisphere. And, remember, all that is based upon the purchase of a swimsuit. One doesn't need a beach, warm or otherwise, to wear a swimsuit, lol.

Why would anyone fly to London, from Toronto, just for a few days, then turn around and fly back to anywhere in North America?

I'm not buying the various theories being tossed around that Meghan is coming back to the US (or to Mexico to see her dad) for Thanksgiving. Travel across the US is a nightmare during this week. If she is going somewhere warm in the next few days where she can wear a new swimsuit on a beach it isn't likely to be in the western hemisphere. And, remember, all that is based upon the purchase of a swimsuit. One doesn't need a beach, warm or otherwise, to wear a swimsuit, lol.

:flowers: Bring on the hot tub! ;)

But I do wonder: what has she been doing for a swimsuit if she needed to buy one? What tatty garment was she wearing when she frolicked in the ocean with Harry? ? Likely she bought some slinky cover-up. not so?

But I do wonder: what has she been doing for a swimsuit if she needed to buy one? What tatty garment was she wearing when she frolicked in the ocean with Harry? ? Likely she bought some slinky cover-up. not so?
Hahaha! Now, now, don't go giving the tabloids reporters any new article ideas! But, I know some people buy swimsuits like others buy shoes or bags, so that doesn't really strike me as unusual.

Or, she was buying a more conservative suit so that she could visit the BP swimming pool with Harry.

So many possibilities!

They do have hot tubs in Norway I bet....

LaRae

When one is in love. It’s completely understandable. Those two have shown that they treasure anytime they can spend with each other and isn’t afraid to travel across the Atlantic just for a few days together.

She has numerous times during their romance. The flight between London and Toronto is less then 8 hours. Not too bad. A good book, a movie or two. I live much further west, and trips to London are advertised by airlines as an affordable long weekend trip. We have direct flights now.

She does have to go back. Her dogs are there. Though her stuff is being backed by movers, likely has to still bring some over. Proper goodbye with her friends and so on.

But I do wonder: what has she been doing for a swimsuit if she needed to buy one? What tatty garment was she wearing when she frolicked in the ocean with Harry? Likely she bought some slinky cover-up. not so?

Some women look at bathing suits like another piece of fashion. Buying a new sexy one for a vacation like buying a new dress or piece of lingerie.

Maybe a romantic hot tub to celebrate an anniversary, or something else :whistling: In Norway. :flowers:

On second thought, perhaps a sauna. If they decide to revisit their little love nest under the northern lights.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karenh...-norwegian-getaway-troms-norway/#7f6f8145745a

:previous: Thanks for sharing that old article, which I missed earlier this year. Tromvik Lodge looks like a lovely, peaceful vacation setting in which to spend magical days with a loving companion.

Us Weekly rambles on about Meghan's final days on the set of Suits:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/inside-meghan-markles-final-days-on-suits-set/

I wonder if down the road (perhaps on a DVD of season 7) Suits fans might be treated to behind-the-scenes footage of the 100th episode celebrations, the final days of filming, and the poignant goodbyes. Perhaps many of the cast and some of the crew will meet up again next summer at Meghan/Harry's wedding?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom