Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the age of the grandparents would be the main issue. Why are Eugenie and Jack not yet married? They are also her grandparents! And they have been dating much longer...

So, wanting to get married sooner than later is the prerequisite only after that ages of grandparents (not sure about Meghan's) might be taken into account.

I agree that part of the fun is that we just have to wait and see how it unfolds and know how well (or off) our predictions were.

But if the age of the grandparents would be the main issue. Why are Eugenie and Jack not yet married? They are also her grandparents! And they have been dating much longer...

So, wanting to get married sooner than later is the prerequisite only after that ages of grandparents (not sure about Meghan's) might be taken into account.

I agree that part of the fun is that we just have to wait and see how it unfolds and know how well (or off) our predictions were.

They may have been together much longer, but Eugenie is also a lot younger. Being together for 8 years when you start as a teen, is a lot different then 8 years when you are say 30. Many of the years they spent together Eugenie was in college, and then living in another country from him for work. There is no rush. While I am sure Eugenie would love her grandparents to attend, she obviously feels no need to rush to ensure it.

Harry and Meghan are at a very different stage in life. They are both well established as adults. They are both likely ready to have kids. And at their age they don't feel the need to wait years dating.

At their age, 6 years makes a difference in your goals and where you are in life. The fact that Eugenie, the potential mother in the equation, is 9 years younger then Meghan means there is also less of a clock.

I think Meghan's age would have something to do with the timing of a wedding-if they want children. She'll be 37 next August.
As for Eugenie and Jack-some couples see no need to marry until they are ready to start a family. That could be a reason, maybe it's something else.

They may have been together much longer, but Eugenie is also a lot younger. Being together for 8 years when you start as a teen, is a lot different then 8 years when you are say 30. Many of the years they spent together Eugenie was in college, and then living in another country from him for work. There is no rush. While I am sure Eugenie would love her grandparents to attend, she obviously feels no need to rush to ensure it.

Harry and Meghan are at a very different stage in life. They are both well established as adults. They are both likely ready to have kids. And at their age they don't feel the need to wait years dating.

At their age, 6 years makes a difference in your goals and where you are in life. The fact that Eugenie, the potential mother in the equation, is 9 years younger then Meghan means there is also less of a clock.
I fully agree that age makes a difference in this case. I was mainly suggesting that hurrying because of grandparents' age is probably not what is going on because if that would be the main concern Eugenie would have been married by now. The slightly different life stages and especially 'wanting to start a family' seem way more important.

It might factor in the timeline once a couple decided they want to get married in the near future but not earlier.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is a ticking biological clock not the best reason to get married?

Is it just me or is a ticking biological clock not the best reason to get married?

Fully agree that people shouldn't get married asap just because of a ticking biological clock. However, most people in their thirties hopefully know what they are looking for in life, so should be able to know whether they have found the right person to spend their lives with without a trial period of 6 or 8 years (which imo isn't needed in your twenties either). So, getting engaged after 1 1/2 years and married after 2 seems a very reasonable timeframe.

The ticking clock shouldn’t be the only determinant, but it is (or can be) extremely important. If you are a woman in your late 30’s, and you really want children, it’s not a bad idea to marry a man who seems suitable. If you haven’t found the perfect partner by that time, you either don’t really want kids, or if you do, it’s worth taking a chance with Mr. Suitable. Most women don’t marry a perfect man (I did, and my clock was ticking LOUDLY); they make an educated and thoughtful choice.

Rudolph, men are fertile througout their life.
Women - only untill a specific time.

I am sure Meghan and Harry after the wedding will put away contraceptives.

Please note that several posts that accuse the moderating team of bias have been deleted as they add nothing to the discussion of Meghan and Harry.

ANY and ALL questions should be directed towards the moderating team via PM.

Zonk
TRF Administrator

Last edited:
Harry will be in Chicago tomorrow, I wonder if MM might also be in Chicago to see his speech at the Obama Foundation? It has been speculated that he might spend some time with her after the event in Toronto, but some of the royal correspondents might make a stink if he does that? Is Harry permitted to travel and visit after the engagement is done? Also is MM permitted to visit him in Chicago?

This thread is just ridiculous sometimes. The mods basically have a full time job trying to keep it under control.

I think it's just a matter of time before an announcement will come, but they're either figuring out a strategy or creating the best timeline for an announcement, engagement and then a wedding without it overlapping with other events. There's simply no way to me that Meghan would quit her steady payroll if something else wouldn't have come up, whetever it's another job/marriage or both considering this marriage is more or less a job.

Harry will be in Chicago tomorrow, I wonder if MM might also be in Chicago to see his speech at the Obama Foundation? It has been speculated that he might spend some time with her after the event in Toronto, but some of the royal correspondents might make a stink if he does that? Is Harry permitted to travel and visit after the engagement is done? Also is MM permitted to visit him in Chicago?

Not likely MM will pop up in Chicago. She's working too.

Last time Harry went from an official engagement and stopped to see Meghan he caught all kinds of crap from the media and royal watchers.

LaRae

:previous: I wonder if the family consider that attitude contemptable and give him the green light to stop over. After all, it's not like the whole trip was just to visit Meghan, but missing an opportunity to see her because of such an issue is just plain silly.

Sometimes I wonder about the petty-minded out there. It is almost as if Harry has to stay at home, inside KP, unless on official business because every time he goes out KP gates he needs a PO. I wouldn't mind betting there's a PO hanging around since Harry, may need to pop down to the market for groceries.

Not likely MM will pop up in Chicago. She's working too.

Last time Harry went from an official engagement and stopped to see Meghan he caught all kinds of crap from the media and royal watchers.

LaRae

That time he came from the Caribbean; this time he will fly almost over Toronto on his way home. He could probably drop by on his way there; just like he did with the Invictus Games - arrive a little early. And just as the Duchess of Cornwall most likely did for the current Singapore trip. Go a few days earlier to a nearby location to enjoy those privately.

Its not all that simple that Harry could just stop over at Meghan's place for an overnight stay. Even a short one. Most likely because then he'd have to book a hotel near Meghan in order to have lodgings for his RPOs that need to be near him constantly. Meghan's apartment most probably couldn't provide that.

I seriously doubt that a stopover in Toronto would even be considered for this trip. But then again.. what do I know?

:previous: I wonder if the family consider that attitude contemptable and give him the green light to stop over. After all, it's not like the whole trip was just to visit Meghan, but missing an opportunity to see her because of such an issue is just plain silly.

Sometimes I wonder about the petty-minded out there. It is almost as if Harry has to stay at home, inside KP, unless on official business because every time he goes out KP gates he needs a PO. I wouldn't mind betting there's a PO hanging around since Harry, may need to pop down to the market for groceries.

If I were a royal, I would find it quite frustrating that it isn't just a simple thing of tacking on a couple of days pleasure trip to the end of a work one. So many normal people do it with no trouble. But as I recall, the practice was determined to be problematic when Prince Andrew made a regular habit of it and it turned out to create a lot of headaches. The issue is determining exactly where the line is drawn when allocating bills to be paid (for airfare, protection officer costs, etc) as part of whatever official effort the royal is supporting versus the royal's private funds. When the trip is all business or all personal it's clear. When it's both, portions are clear but there's often also a gray area.

For instance, when Harry had the work trip to the Caribbean and stopped in Toronto on the way home, the flight from the Caribbean to Toronto was obviously his to cover, but what about Toronto to London? He needed to take an intercontinental flight one way or another, so did he just swap one for the other and it's on his work tab? But what if there's a big price differential between the flight he would have taken if the trip had been simply work vs. the one he actually took? Should he pay the difference but expect the government to pay the rest? Again, working from memory, I recall that accounting difficulties with Andrew's trips lead to the decision that best practice is just to keep work trips and private trips completely separate.

That said, a big part of the issue with Andrew seemed to be that he wasn't very transparent with the powers that be about his plans to mix work and pleasure, which just fed confusion when the accountants had to sort out the expense reports. If Harry is willing to just be clear from the start with trip planners, it's possible they could negotiate acceptable plans ahead of time ("we cover this, you pay for that, agreed?") that make it possible for him to visit Meghan whenever work takes him to the Americas.

ETA: I did a quick search that turned up this story about some of what the trouble with Andrew's travel was, but not one from when the BRF got stricter with him. I don't have time right now to keep looking deeper...sorry.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...tries-and-clocked-up-67000-miles-in-2014.html

Bottom line, though, someone in the family took way too much advantage of all the travel that comes with the job in such a way that made it harder for everyone else, Harry included.

Last edited:

Myself I think it's ridiculous that people get upset about him stopping over to see her. It doesn't matter if he flies from home to see her or stops on the way...he's going to need to protection and special arrangements. He can pay for whatever part he needs to pay for on the personal side of the trip.

LaRae

but the point Is that while a lot of royals have done it, it can get diffcuclt to decide what is private fun travel which the Royal should pay for and what' is from public funds. So I think they should all stop it.

From what I remember, Catherine and her family were torn to pieces on a regular basis by folks online, the media and very much treated unfairly throughout that courtship. I wouldn’t want to relive those chaotic years for nothing in the world.

Who in God’s name want to put Meghan and her family through that?

If Meghan and her family have the opportunity to escape what the Middletons (Donaldsons, Ortiz, Zorrigueta etc..families) were dealt, then I'm very happy for them. No one should be subjected to that type of vitriol IMHO.

If Meghan and her family have the opportunity to escape what the Middletons (Donaldsons, Ortiz, Zorrigueta etc..families) were dealt, then I'm very happy for them. No one should be subjected to that type of vitriol IMHO.

I agree completely! Those years were beyond insane and no royal girlfriend and her family should go through it again.

Although, none of this mean Meghan should be treated special, but the load of conspiracies, unfounded rumors and other senseless gossip isn’t good.

I agree completely! Those years were beyond insane and no royal girlfriend and her family should go through it again.

Although, none of this mean Meghan should be treated special, but the load of conspiracies, unfounded rumors and other senseless gossip isn’t good.

I agree too.

LaRae

Wow another tv programme on the romance. This time ITV at 9pm next Monday. They must be pretty confident an announcement is coming. Not what you expect from BBC/ITV at prime time. These sort of programmes are normally channel 4 or 5.

Wow another tv programme on the romance. This time ITV at 9pm next Monday. They must be pretty confident an announcement is coming. Not what you expect from BBC/ITV at prime time. These sort of programmes are normally channel 4 or 5.

This is overkill! We did not get any documentaries on Chelsy or Cressida but they were with Harry longer than Meghan has been. Did Kate get any documentaries prior to her engagement to William? No!

While I do hope they are engaged and we get a wedding, part of me also wants the hype to be killed and not get engaged so all these interviews with estranged family members and documentaries about Meghan would have been for nothing.

This is too much for a couple who have not yet announced their engagement.

Having looked at the preview it looks as cheaply made as the channel 4 programme! It even has some of the same people being interviewed. Meghan's estranged half sister Samantha who she hasn't spoken to in a decade is also in it. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these programmes.

Unfortunately all of this just puts unnecessary pressure on the couple. It is really unusual for mainstream tv channels to make a programme about a royal girlfriend of just one year when an engagement has not been announced. They are all just trying to cash in.

Last edited:
This is overkill! We did not get any documentaries on Chelsy or Cressida but they were with Harry longer than Meghan has been. Did Kate get any documentaries prior to her engagement to William? No!

While I do hope they are engaged and we get a wedding, part of me also wants the hype to be killed and not get engaged so all these interviews with estranged family members and documentaries about Meghan would have been for nothing.

This is too much for a couple who have not yet announced their engagement.

Yes, there were several documentaries on Catherine and William before their engagement. Some can still be found on YouTube. Many knew that William found his future wife at St. Andrews, Including me.

With Harry and Meghan, it remains a wait and see. There’s real love and something special here. I’m trying not to jinx this this. I just pray for the couple as I did for William and Catherine.

Last edited:
I think one of the differences here is Meghan, because of her acting career, is technically a "public" figure. And then there is Harry's public affirmation of the relationship.

Last edited:
Dman, can you give the titles of these documentaries about William and Kate that were aired before the engagement announcement? I don’t really recall any. There was the Claudia Joseph book about Kate’s ancestors that was pre engagement but it was 2009 so in the later half of the dating period.

However a lot of stuff on British doesn’t make it over the pond to the US. The ITV and BBC ones about British royals usually even up on PBS but I don’t think the channel 4 stuff makes it over.

Dman, can you give the titles of these documentaries about William and Kate that were aired before the engagement announcement? I don’t really recall any. There was the Claudia Joseph book about Kate’s ancestors that was pre engagement but it was 2009 so in the later half of the dating period.

However a lot of stuff on British doesn’t make it over the pond to the US. The ITV and BBC ones about British royals usually even up on PBS but I don’t think the channel 4 stuff makes it over.

William and Kate: A Royal Love Story, etc. There were documentaries and tv programs before the Cambridge’s engagement. Yes, there were lots of articles on Catherine’s ancestry too. Robert Jobson were writing a book too. Many knew William and Catherine were going to make it down the aisle. It was always a question of when?.

I know seven years were a long time ago, but I remember those crazy years like it was yesterday. One have to remember William and Catherine dated for a long time, so that gave the media lots of time to reflect on their relationship. Catherine’s old school chums participated in those docs.

We just have to wait and see where Harry and Meghan are taking us.

Last edited:
William and Kate: A Royal Love Story, etc. There were documentaries and tv programs before the Cambridge’s engagement. Yes, there were lots of articles on Catherine’s ancestry too. Robert Jobson were writing a book too. Many knew William and Catherine were going to make it down the aisle. It was always a question of when?.

I know seven years were a long time ago, but I remember those crazy years like it was yesterday. One have to remember William and Catherine dated for a long time, so that gave the media lots of time to reflect on their relationship. Catherine’s old school chums participated in those docs.

We just have to wait and see where Harry and Meghan are taking us.

One program titled "William and Kate: A Royal Love Story" was broadcast on Dateline NBC on November 17, 2010--the day after the engagement announcement. I'm sure it was already mostly put together, just waiting for an official announcement--like how newspaper and TV news have obituaries put together ready to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom