The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2020, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Richard Kay really implied the BRF didn’t sympathize with Meghan’s awful estranged family constantly attacking her and felt she needed to invite them to her wedding? People she had no good relationship with for well over a decade or more?

Yeah that’s very good for one’s mental health and way to kind of prove the point she felt unsupported. Sheesh.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:46 AM
Majesty

I doubt if the RF expected or wanted Meghan to invite her more embarrassing relatives like her brother and sister. Her father yes.. as he only seemed to go a bit off the rails during the run up to the wedding and I think he did intend to come to the wedding. However I can't imagine that the RF wanted Tom junior or Samantha there.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I feel like since they issued their demands, they’ve just been digging themselves into a bigger and bigger hole and burning bridges left and right. Any hope of them as a couple returning to fold is gone, I think. I can understand the complaints against her father, former friends, and the press, but bringing the minor royals into the conversation who had nothing to do with the situation, one of which (Eugenie) Harry was apparently very close to, was a low blow. I just don’t see any reconciliation happening especially if things get more fraught and if they drag KP into it.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Richard Kay really implied the BRF didn’t sympathize with Meghan’s awful estranged family constantly attacking her and felt she needed to invite them to her wedding? People she had no good relationship with for well over a decade or more?

Yeah that’s very good for one’s mental health and way to kind of prove the point she felt unsupported. Sheesh.
I doubt he and the family would have meant her brother and sister.
But she has a niece she claimed to love and be close with and was #FamilyFirst.

Lol at that I guess. Not to mention I am sure there other people from her paternal side she could have invited like her uncles.

And not to mention an array of family from her mother side who she could given them the basic familial honor to invite them to her wedding.

It was at the time I think many of thought it was odd as hell that for a 600 invite wedding no one except her mom was there. Now we know she simply has no familial allegiance or (in my personal observation of her actions) incapable of truly feeling and mean it.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

The court papers said Meghan made arrangements for Dad to come. As for the half siblings I would not be surprised if Dad was told directly his other children were not invited because of the pre wedding press attacks. Also, note that Dad was left off the pregnancy and birth announcements of Archie. Probably because he attacked Meghan and Harry and the BRF in the press. Dad was probably mad Doria got to stay at Nottingham Cottage and meet the senior royals and Dad only got a hotel room. Hence, the attacks. IMO the media only wanted Meghan to reconcile with Dad so to get inside information on the Sussexes. Note the press doesn't reach out to the Markles anymore. They have nothing new to say and they are potential liabilities to the press in legal proceedings.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
I feel like since they issued their demands, they’ve just been digging themselves into a bigger and bigger hole and burning bridges left and right. Any hope of them as a couple returning to fold is gone, I think. I can understand the complaints against her father, former friends, and the press, but bringing the minor royals into the conversation who had nothing to do with the situation, one of which (Eugenie) Harry was apparently very close to, was a low blow. I just don’t see any reconciliation happening especially if things get more fraught and if they drag KP into it.

Sadly I have to agree. I truly do not understand what the York Princesses and Prince Michael of Kent have to do with their legal action against the Mail on Sunday.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Sadly I have to agree. I truly do not understand what the York Princesses and Prince Michael of Kent have to do with their legal action against the Mail on Sunday.
That's the thing, isn't it? They brought this case, they are entitled to do that, but it is an issue about copyright, It has nothing to do with Meg's pregnancy or her feeling that she had not been protected...or her issues with her staff. And it has nothing to do with her and Harry's desire to be part time royals, and part time workers. And it doesn't look very good, (a) bringing these issues into a court case and (b) the implication that the 2 of them dont understand the difference between working royals and members of the Royal family...
Old 07-04-2020, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Except Kay did mean Samantha. He said “she should have included her family from her father’s first marriage.” Tom Jr and Samantha. It has been on record that by her paternal and maternal families that Doria and Meghan were not close to either after the grandparents passed.

And that niece she took the picture with wasn’t raised as a Markle nor close to them. When the press went to her work she said she wanted to stay out the press. So she likely wasn’t there by choice.

Not sure after all this time people still find it strange she not close to her family even with most of them admitting they hasn’t seen her in years including not even being at her first wedding. But they should be at the second?

Kay’s comment was ridiculous especially knowing the Markle’s trash behavior. And if the RF felt that as implied, then... well. Okay.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
Except Kay did mean Samantha. He said “she should have included her family from her father’s first marriage.” Tom Jr and Samantha. It has been on record that by her paternal and maternal families that Doria and Meghan were not close to either after the grandparents passed.

And that niece she took the picture with wasn’t raised as a Markle nor close to them. When the press went to her work she said she wanted to stay out the press. So she likely wasn’t there by choice.

Not sure after all this time people still find it strange she not close to her family even with most of them admitting they hasn’t seen her in years including not even being at her first wedding. But they should be at the second?

Kay’s comment was ridiculous especially knowing the Markle’s trash behavior. And if the RF felt that as implied, then... well. Okay.
But this is what Kay is saying, not what the RF are saying. He may feel she should have invited her sister in spite of Sam's bizarre behaviour. I find it hard to believe that the RF wanted to invite the brother and sister who were clearly hostile to Meghan. Once Thos M senior began to act oddly and became somewhat hostile to his daughter he too was cut off by the Sussex's and the RF. He wasn't mentioned in the birth announcement about Archie.. so I can't see that the RF would have wanted Samantha and Tomas Junior at the wedding, acting up and embarrassing everyone.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
That's the thing, isn't it? They brought this case, they are entitled to do that, but it is an issue about copyright, It has nothing to do with Meg's pregnancy or her feeling that she had not been protected...or her issues with her staff. And it has nothing to do with her and Harry's desire to be part time royals, and part time workers. And it doesn't look very good, (a) bringing these issues into a court case and (b) the implication that the 2 of them dont understand the difference between working royals and members of the Royal family...
As I said before, she knows she has lost the case and now is trying her best to use this as a PR exercise to create sympathy for herself. It is not working (expect for the die-hards who think she is a living saint)
Old 07-04-2020, 02:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
As far as I know she was responding to a claim by the other side that members of the BRF "don't work". So as a response she gave several names as examples of members of the BRF who do work. I guess the claim doesn't make a distinction between "working royals" and "non-working royals".
Old 07-04-2020, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
As I said before, she knows she has lost the case and now is trying her best to use this as a PR exercise to create sympathy for herself. It is not working (expect for the die-hards who think she is a living saint)
I agree she's probably trying to cloud the issue, and its possible that this stuff will be disallowed in the trial because it has nothing to do with the case. And it doesn't make her or Harry look good that they are using the case to crticise their own staff and other members fo the RF.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
As far as I know she was responding to a claim by the other side that members of the BRF "don't work". So as a response she gave several names as examples of members of the BRF who do work. I guess the claim doesn't make a distinction between "working royals" and "non-working royals".
She and Harry ought to know the difference between full time workig royals, like them, and those who are not full time working royals, like for example Beatrice and Eugenie or P Michael or the Phillipses.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
But this is what Kay is saying, not what the RF are saying. He may feel she should have invited her sister in spite of Sam's bizarre behaviour. I find it hard to believe that the RF wanted to invite the brother and sister who were clearly hostile to Meghan. Once Thos M senior began to act oddly and became somewhat hostile to his daughter he too was cut off by the Sussex's and the RF. He wasn't mentioned in the birth announcement about Archie.. so I can't see that the RF would have wanted Samantha and Tomas Junior at the wedding, acting up and embarrassing everyone.
Sorry but I find this conversation as one based in little fact due to the involvement of one writer from one publication that actually seems to thrive on causing conflicts in reporting on the RF. I don't even need to go near a grain of salt.

Also have had a lifetime of the Misadventures of the Markles and have relegated them to where they belong. The ancient history files.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
I'm one of the people who "support" them and I have done so since the beginning. I really don't get all the hate she gets nor do I understand the accusations people seem too pile up on her. What I do see however is double standards, conspiracy theories and bullying. I like none of those.

And if she loses, she loses. No one really knows what the outcome will be.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree she's probably trying to cloud the issue, and its possible that this stuff will be disallowed in the trial because it has nothing to do with the case. And it doesn't make her or Harry look good that they are using the case to crticise their own staff and other members fo the RF.
The irony being that she is doing all this to try and make Harry and herself look like victims worthy of sympathy-- the kind of PR they need to sell their brand
Old 07-04-2020, 03:17 PM
Courtier

The legal case is about letters concerning Meghan and Thomas Markle snr. I don't see what Beatrice and Eugenie's jobs or Meghan claiming she felt "unprotected" during her pregnancy have got to do with any of it.

We are in the middle of the biggest international crisis in 75 years. No-one cares about a letter which was published two years ago. I wish they'd just let it drop and move on!
Old 07-04-2020, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
I'm one of the people who "support" them and I have done so since the beginning. I really don't get all the hate she gets nor do I understand the accusations people seem too pile up on her. What I do see however is double standards, conspiracy theories and bullying. I like none of those.

And if she loses, she loses. No one really knows what the outcome will be.
...i'm starting to see conspiracy theories and bullying as well...thing is, i see it coming from H&M's side with the details in this legal suit...

Why drag the names of non-Firm-working royals into this when their's is a totally different situation *and* they have nothing to do with the legal matter at hand...
Old 07-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
The legal case is about letters concerning Meghan and Thomas Markle snr. I don't see what Beatrice and Eugenie's jobs or Meghan claiming she felt "unprotected" during her pregnancy have got to do with any of it.

We are in the middle of the biggest international crisis in 75 years. No-one cares about a letter which was published two years ago. I wish they'd just let it drop and move on!
I think they were told that they can't drop it? But i agree that to raise a lot of other issues is silly...
Old 07-04-2020, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I don't know. I find them hard to understand. But to be insinuating as they seem to be that that they are upset because other royals are allowed to work, is just wrong. Harry should know that there is a line between royals who work for the firm and those like Bea and Eugenie who don't, who don't get money from the Sovereign grant and who are free to do a job and who do occasionally do a bit of charity work or appear with the queen but aren't working royals. Or Charles who does sell things but does so on behalf of his Duchy for his charities. Harry must know there's a difference. Perhaps Meghan can't see the difference, I can sort of understand that, but Harry should know better and should have explained it to her.
I dont know.
DOES He not understand the difference either which I honestly have to say mean's he's not that bright...or willfully refuses to understand. Or he DOES really want out of royal life and now he's using these reasons such as his own depression Meg's depression and their desire to have a more free and independent life, and to earn their own money, as excuses..
You are too nice :P I'm an American and I know the difference. She lived with them. She should know, unless she was really lazy and didnt do her own research and just let Harry fill her in, which is not a good look if you really think about it. Which kind of signales she was never really interested in learnng about his family or country. Or they know and just don't care. Personally, Im more inclined to believe they know and don't care. I think, they are exploiting their own emotions to get what they want as some of the lawsuits seem to hint with emotional damage and not feeling protected enough by the BRF, when there was no need to even mention that or mention other non working royals. as the lawsuit was about the letters, etc. Though she does voice some genuine concerns, that she has a right to presue, but maybe, this was their way of airing dirty laundry/looking like victims as well, comes across as manipulative. Eventually, they knew all this be published, shrugs.

As For Meg/them wanting more freedom. I never really understood that. She was an actress she was told how speak and act as a character and how to present herself outside her role and even what to wear. Heck , knowing that lifestyle the studios/modeling gigs probably has stepulations in her contract on how much weight she can gain, etc. Yet all the sudden when it comes to the BRF she feels backed up a gainst a wall and doesnt alledgedly want to follow dress code? It's only the BRF that has demanded so much of her. If any of that is true, don't make sense to me. Thats whining to your boss that I dont want to follow your rules, etc.

I'm all for them earning their money but they have to understand they can't really plaster their monorgrams or what not on things just for their benefit. Again they could understand and they just don't care. I'm sure whatever staff he has had in the past would try and tell them this. Merely speculating