The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1301  
Old 07-03-2020, 09:47 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I think the KP comm team acted appropriately according to the law. The Duchess cannot demand that they defend her from an allegation that is true. If an allegation is factually true, by definition there is no libel, or am I missing something here?
There also appears to be a theory within the palaces that if you comment on something you give it oxygen, where by if you say nothing it could be tomorrows chip wrappings.

If you do not comment nobody can be sure of the truth, if you deny, you are saying it is false, so what do you do if the story is true but you do not want to confirm that.

Would they deny a true story?
That is why they do not comment.

It does make sense when you think about it.
__________________

  #1302  
Old 07-03-2020, 09:52 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 15,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
There also appears to be a theory within the palaces that if you comment on something you give it oxygen, where by if you say nothing it could be tomorrows chip wrappings.

If you do not comment nobody can be sure of the truth, if you deny, you are saying it is false, so what do you do if the story is true but you do not want to confirm that.

Would they deny a true story?
That is why they do not comment.

It does make sense when you think about it.
Its the proverbial idiom along the lines of "boys will be boys". If they spent time denying or defending every tidbit printed, they wouldn't have time for anything else. Commenting either way just adds fuel to the fire.
__________________

__________________
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. ~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~~
  #1303  
Old 07-03-2020, 10:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 554
Found this on another forum.

https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/m...mpression=true

I have a lot to say about this. If it is true sue away Harry, just keep it on the case.
But it also brings up a few questions about how the couple met and some rumors that have been floating around.

On 31 October 2016, the first story was headlined: “Harry and the actress’s wristbond”, which implied that the couple wore identical blue, black and white bracelets as a token of their affection.

Byline Investigates understands that lawyers say that the text of the article contains high-levels of private data.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had been dating for around six months after meeting at the Invictus Games – a multi-sport event for army veterans created by him - in Toronto, Canada.

“On the following day, November 1st 2016, The Sun ran another story headlined: “Smitten Harry bombarded Meghan with texts until he got date.”

And someone pointed something to me elsewhere: why is Harry threatening to sue when it is Meghan information that has been searched?

And also that perhaps with the exception of hacking her phone and using the information (assuming that’s what happened) and the SSN (though her identity was not stolen), much of the information is probably public records and is not illegal to obtain so not much to sue over.
  #1304  
Old 07-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Naa. I agree with others who say Meghan would no be welcomed back. She has now essentially attacked the royals with the tantrum she pulled with this new paperwork.

No, if any Royals were 'attacked' (and I haven't seen any evidence of this) it would of been done by BOTH of them. Harry is fully involved in all this that is going on.

Still don't understand this desire to make it all Meghan's doing/fault or whatever you want to call it. Yes I know her name is on the lawsuit, however that does not mean she is doing this somehow without Harry's support or involvement.



LaRae
  #1305  
Old 07-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oakland, United States
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No, if any Royals were 'attacked' (and I haven't seen any evidence of this) it would of been done by BOTH of them. Harry is fully involved in all this that is going on.

Still don't understand this desire to make it all Meghan's doing/fault or whatever you want to call it. Yes I know her name is on the lawsuit, however that does not mean she is doing this somehow without Harry's support or involvement.



LaRae
As you said the lawsuit is Meghan’s lawsuit, not Harry.
No matter what Harry feels on the record he is not the one doing these accusations!

And as others mentioned: Harry is blood, Meghan is not and has proven once again she can not be trusted to not trash the family if she does not get her way.
She does not seem to have any loyalty but to herself. And this is dangerous for a family like the royal family.

If I were in the queen and Charles shoes I would never again trust this woman, let alone welcome her back into the family fold.
  #1306  
Old 07-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
IMO, they've already benefited financially just from people buying the DM or clicking on links to read about this court case. It's my prediction that they'll want to extend the actual court date as long as possible and keep their stories running. Some of the articles have even been turned into books.

That's why I said I think the DM knew a cash cow when it walked into their pasture.
Fully agree . There was no way the DM was ever going to settle this .
  #1307  
Old 07-03-2020, 10:59 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
He is a British Citizen, they cannot stop him from coming back to this country. They might not give him a warm welcome or make life easier for him but they cannot stop him entering the country.

P>S. I do believe there are legal ways to stop a citizen coming back into the country, but I do not think Harry is on that road, it doesn't matter how much he has annoyed his granny.
he can come back, but if hes not that welcome. will he want to?
  #1308  
Old 07-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
he can come back, but if hes not that welcome. will he want to?



Going back to a point I made a few months ago, life in North America is very different in many ways from life in the UK, and even (English) Canada is not much different from the US in terms of lifestyle and culture. I would assume that, like most ordinary English men, Harry must miss things like rugby, football (meaning soccer), or even cricket. On top of that, as an upper-class Englshman, he may miss other things too like shooting or polo. He also had his own former social network in Britain, although I understand he had already been cut off from it somewhat after he got married.


I guess what I am trying to say is that relocating to the US or Canada is not a breeze for him and probably not without personal cost (it would have been probably easier for him if he had moved to Australia or the Western Cape instead). The reason why he moved, I think, is basically that he felt his wife was unhappy (and maybe "unprotected") in the UK and then he put his immediate (nuclear) family's happiness above anything else. I suppose he would consider coming back to England if he could, but I don't see him doing it as long as Meghan insists on living overseas.
  #1309  
Old 07-03-2020, 11:44 AM
acdc1's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 2,202
I am a little confused about something- why did the palace press officers not come to her defense? They’ve done it numerous times in the past. The DM (and I take everything they say with a grain of salt) says it’s because what was published was true rather than false accusations.
  #1310  
Old 07-03-2020, 11:56 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 8,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
He is a British Citizen, they cannot stop him from coming back to this country. They might not give him a warm welcome or make life easier for him but they cannot stop him entering the country.
yes of course not. i wasn't referring to entering the country. i was referring to welcoming him back into the institution as a 'senior royal', as they like calling it, as if this circus hadn't happened. that they very much can do. i know i would!
__________________
The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization.
https://www.humanesociety.org
  #1311  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
That is a very good point, or is it because they did not print the actual letter just brought it to the worlds attention with a summary of the contents.
However, according to Meghan the summary was completely off-base. She did not try to reconcile nor did she state that she had only one father... The part that seems correct was her response to her father's letter that she deemed very unsatisfactory. Not surprising (given his previous behavior) that he wanted to defend himself by making clear that Meghan's letter was misrepresented by her friends.
  #1312  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:06 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Going back to a point I made a few months ago, life in North America is very different in many ways from life in the UK, and even (English) Canada is not much different from the US in terms of lifestyle and culture. I would assume that, like most ordinary English men, Harry must miss things like rugby, football (meaning soccer), or even cricket. On top of that, as an upper-class Englshman, he may miss other things too like shooting or polo. He also had his own former social network in Britain, although I understand he had already been cut off from it somewhat after he got married.


I guess what I am trying to say is that relocating to the US or Canada is not a breeze for him and probably not without personal cost (it would have been probably easier for him if he had moved to Australia or the Western Cape instead). The reason why he moved, I think, is basically that he felt his wife was unhappy (and maybe "unprotected") in the UK and then he put his immediate (nuclear) family's happiness above anything else. I suppose he would consider coming back to England if he could, but I don't see him doing it as long as Meghan insists on living overseas.
I think that if they don't manage to make the money and Charles suggests at the one year review that they come back, I believe meghan will come back. She may not want to.... but I think she will. I agree that Harry wouldn't want to corm back if Meg were really unwilling but again, hes only been married 2 years. A bit longer down the line maybe he will miss the UK and his familiar way of life a lot..
  #1313  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:24 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I think that if they don't manage to make the money and Charles suggests at the one year review that they come back, I believe meghan will come back. She may not want to.... but I think she will. I agree that Harry wouldn't want to corm back if Meg were really unwilling but again, hes only been married 2 years. A bit longer down the line maybe he will miss the UK and his familiar way of life a lot..
But why would Charles suggest that? Is there a point when they have gone to far, brought too much damage to the BRF, for them to return in the fold?

The most comparable situation I can think of (although also very different as she wasn't an official member of the royal house), is the situation of princess Margarita, former queen Beatrix' niece. She and her former husband treated the family very badly and because of that she was no longer welcome. However, after her divorce she apologized and now, with her second husband and daughters, she was fully accepted back into the family and seems to enjoy a close relationship with her aunt. I guess the royal family primarily blames her husband for influencing her so badly cq manipulating her which allows them to distance her previous behavior from her and welcome her back with open arms.
  #1314  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Naa. I agree with others who say Meghan would no be welcomed back. She has now essentially attacked the royals with the tantrum she pulled with this new paperwork.
Charles need to speak to Harry about this now, I think - just at least to express his disappointment. I don’t think Harry will ever return period - And definitely not without Meghan.
  #1315  
Old 07-03-2020, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Woodbury, United States
Posts: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
As you said the lawsuit is Meghan’s lawsuit, not Harry.
No matter what Harry feels on the record he is not the one doing these accusations!

And as others mentioned: Harry is blood, Meghan is not and has proven once again she can not be trusted to not trash the family if she does not get her way.
She does not seem to have any loyalty but to herself. And this is dangerous for a family like the royal family.

If I were in the queen and Charles shoes I would never again trust this woman, let alone welcome her back into the family fold.



Harry is still the wild card, however. There’s no way Charles is going to cut his daughter in law from the family; he’d lose Harry and Archie.
  #1316  
Old 07-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,664
I don't believe they will ever come back to the royal family.
Meghan and the firm is just not a good fit. I believe Meghan is far too independent, head strong, opinionated, and just different for the royal family and Palace officials to deal with.

[....]

I think all we can hope for now is for the Sussexes and the royal family to exist independently and have a distant but harmonious relationship.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #1317  
Old 07-03-2020, 01:48 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 1,770
I hope Harry goes after the PI snooping on Meghan. A tabloid has no lawful reason to go for her SS#.
  #1318  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Witter Springs, United States
Posts: 237
If the Sussex's moved back to England I believe it would be that they can't make it financially. I agree with whoever said Harry must be missing Polo and his lifestyle. The big adventure has turned out to be shelter in place and no privacy. Because of Covid many jobs aren't available. Harry would never have moved to America by himself. He was more interested in Africa certainly not LA. Must be very lonely for them.
  #1319  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,664
It is simply ridiculous! They should have no problem winning that battle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I hope Harry goes after the PI snooping on Meghan. A tabloid has no lawful reason to go for her SS#.
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #1320  
Old 07-03-2020, 03:52 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,664
It may not be all that bad. Harry does have long time friends who live in the USA.

For example, his longtime wingman Tom Inskip and his family live right outside of Washington DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunking View Post
If the Sussex's moved back to England I believe it would be that they can't make it financially. I agree with whoever said Harry must be missing Polo and his lifestyle. The big adventure has turned out to be shelter in place and no privacy. Because of Covid many jobs aren't available. Harry would never have moved to America by himself. He was more interested in Africa certainly not LA. Must be very lonely for them.
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia once upon a time ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor armstrong-jones background story biography british royal family brownbitcoinqueen buckingham palace commonwealth countries customs daisy doge of venice doll duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style games general news thread george vi gustaf vi adolf hereditary grand duchess stéphanie imperial household interesting introduction jack brooksbank jacobite jewellery jewelry kids movie książ castle line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech stuart suthida taiwan videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:27 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×