The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What I'm asking here is out of genuine curiosity. How possible is it that with the case in High Court to happen this week, the Sussexes were advised by their legal team ahead of time to issue such statements as a legal intent of their intentions towards the publications named? This avows to the court their intentions of "ghosting" or in any way collaborating in the future with named publications.

As my EMT teacher once told us, "If you don't write it down, it didn't happen should you be taken to court over your actions in the field".
It's still bad timing, PR stunt, the court case when everyone is freaking out and trying to present the united front.

I agree with Eskimo, they don't need to win, they want the fame and to be liked. Brand has to be positive otherwise they'd get problematic. it's like almost no one cares about their issues now and they look very "me me". It's not a good look, not many want to work with someone difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
This is where you are wrong, IMO. Public opinion is ALL that matters because H&M only have their “brand” as a source of revenue. Without a positive brand image, most revenue sources dry up. If the brand gets too tarnished, a victory in court will be hollow, at best.
I don't know how to quote 2 people but forgive me :) I agree. PR is the most important for someone who wants to live off a brand.

Old 04-20-2020, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Rather than rehash who did or didn't do what way back when, looking at the information that has been filed with the High Court and released, its all part and parcel of the upcoming hearings. If Meghan didn't have a good case, I don't think the lawyers would have touched it with a 10 foot pole.

Public opinion on this case doesn't really matter. I'll wait for the verdict to be handed down in court. Couldas, wouldas, shouldas and all other suppositions pertaining to things that happened years ago in the relationship between Meghan and her father can't be changed. It is what it is.

But the firm that works with the royals didn’t want to touch it. If they thought it was a sure win, no doubt he royal family would have kept with them. Obviously not such a sure win if she had to go and hire an outside firm, didn’t she take a firm that is considered fairly dodgy? (Or is that the other lawsuit?)

Either way, Inhad messy elderly family members.
Meghan is going about this all wrong and messy.
Let’s see texts of her trying to constantly set a date and time for Harry and Thomas to meet face to face and the latter declining... than I might sway on her way on this single issue. (Won’t change my mind about herniverall, because she’s done enough now to cement that).

Old 04-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The hearing is Friday, so details were going to come out. They already out today.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirienn View Post
I don't know how to quote 2 people but forgive me :) I agree. PR is the most important for someone who wants to live off a brand.
You click the """ button (next to the quote-button) in several posts and then click the "reply" button and there you go, multi-quote.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

The texts from Meghan are heartbreaking. It is interesting that it seems Harry and Meghan still blame the media for Thomas' actions versus Thomas himself. I guess it would be hard to wrap one's head around their father treating them like that so maybe its easier to cast blame somewhere else.

Either way, I hope Friday's hearing goes well for Meghan.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Courtier

So I was just wondering, the hearings start Friday, and Megahn in LA..
How is that gonna work time wise?
LA is 8 time zones behind of London.

Will they do the hearing in the evening London time/morning LA time?
Old 04-20-2020, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Harry & Meghan: Legal Action Against the Press - October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
So I was just wondering, the hearings start Friday, and Megahn in LA..
How is that gonna work time wise?
LA is 8 time zones behind of London.

Will they do the hearing in the evening London time/morning LA time?
I somewhat doubt that Henry or Meghan will have to be present for any of these hearings. They’ve clearly submitted evidence and will more than likely be represented by their legal team.

This is a really interesting excerpt of what’s been submitted;

“Meghan’s lawyers also suggest Thomas Markle claimed to have been hoodwinked into a nine-hour interview with a Mail on Sunday reporter in July 2018. Markle told his daughter in a letter: “He [the reporter] said a few things I said in confidence, but 85% were lies and bullshit! I called him and told him he was a thief, a liar and a coward and I would GET EVEN! ... I didn’t want or intend to give him an interview and I certainly would not do nine hours for free!”
Old 04-20-2020, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Maybe if they had spent some time with Thomas Markle before the wedding, all this could have been avoided. There is obviously more to this than what happened in the run up to the wedding. I just find it strange that Harry had not met Thomas prior to the engagement / wedding.

Thomas Markle does not live on another planet, arrangements could have been made for them to meet up privately. They carried out a great deal of the courtship in private, I am sure they could have all met up in private.
For whatever reason that did not happen, it makes you wonder why?

To meet needs two to make it come true.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Royal Highness

The texts are really bad. Sr. looks really bad for the contradictions. The odd thing is Meghan maintains the press manipulated him. The judge may disagree and may want Markle to explain himself under oath. If they are teleconferencing the hearing they can get Sr in a room in Mexico and give a sworn statement - and be subject to cross examination.
Old 04-20-2020, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/m...q7gl98o8sg1wls

“The next day [Peter Sheridan] announced and bragged that he got a 9 hour interview. He said a few things I said in confidence, but 85% were lies and bullshit! I called him and told him he was a thief, a liar and a coward and I would GET EVEN!

“I didn’t want or intend to give him an interview and I certainly would not do 9 hours for free!…"

“When I was asked if I tried to borrow money from you, three days before the wedding? I said, “no I did not, but I know she would have helped me if I would have asked.” I made a comment about Tom Jr [his son] not paying me back, “not one red cent”, and they changed it to Meghan’s dad complaining that his kids won’t pay him back one red cent!!"

“I never said anything about your grandma, never!! I know you took care of her, I don’t know where that comes from? I appreciate that you have always been concerned for my health and you were trying to get me help.”

--

I really can't imagine The MoS wants Thomas anywhere near this because he can't keep anything straight. He tossing them under the bus while trying to do the same to Meghan. He really just about himself.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Reuters put this out and HuffPost linked to it - it claims Harry begged Thomas to call him before the wedding.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...KBN2221I3?il=0
Old 04-21-2020, 06:54 AM
Majesty

I think it is important to remember that after he retired he found the need to cut himself off from all of his family and moved to Mexico.

He may be one of those people who find peace in solitude and thus distance themselves from any and all dramas even family ones. I remember reading that the MoS had sent a reporter down there to 'help' him and, if what Tom said was true they may have orchestrated the whole debacle because once it got started it was a runaway train.

As to the perception that Harry was threatening him, you only have to look at where M&H are now to see he was serious when he warned Tom having seen for himself what damage could be done on his own family and the BRF. I don't believe even he could have imagined how vicious things would become.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think it is important to remember that after he retired he found the need to cut himself off from all of his family and moved to Mexico.

He may be one of those people who find peace in solitude and thus distance themselves from any and all dramas even family ones. I remember reading that the MoS had sent a reporter down there to 'help' him and, if what Tom said was true they may have orchestrated the whole debacle because once it got started it was a runaway train.

As to the perception that Harry was threatening him, you only have to look at where M&H are now to see he was serious when he warned Tom having seen for himself what damage could be done on his own family and the BRF. I don't believe even he could have imagined how vicious things would become.
I dotn think that he was ever that close to much of his family, he was apparently very devoted to Meghan as a child but it seems like their relationshp cooled when she was grown up. He clearly is a man with problems, and he's not perhaps able to cope with many relationships.. That may be why he was reluctant to go to the UK to take part in the wedding.. he has become reclusive and could not face going. It doesn't excuse his being stupid enough to get involved with the press.. but he does have financial problems and may have been tempted to make some money. I think that Meg's been unlucky with her family.. apart from her mother...
Old 04-21-2020, 08:46 AM
Courtier

Anybody can get work and earn money he could have found work without the media. He did not have to say bad things about his own child to the media and complain. I think that was the deal breaker. He also had a TV "special" where he admitted he collected money for his appearances.
Old 04-21-2020, 08:55 AM
Majesty

And yet he claimed Megan had offered him help and he turned her down IMO because he was too proud to accept money from her. Yet weirdly he didn't mind selling her out for money. Go figure.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
And yet he claimed Megan had offered him help and he turned her down IMO because he was too proud to accept money from her. Yet weirdly he didn't mind selling her out for money. Go figure.
Its not that hard to understand. He didn't want to ask his child for money... but if he spoke about her, and the media paid him, that was different. he may have genuinely reasoned at first that he wasn't gong to say anything about her that would embarrass her.
Old 04-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Its not that hard to understand. He didn't want to ask his child for money... but if he spoke about her, and the media paid him, that was different. he may have genuinely reasoned at first that he wasn't gong to say anything about her that would embarrass her.
He'd gotten money from her before ...so I'm not sure why all the sudden he didn't want to ask for money.

LaRae
Old 04-21-2020, 10:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
That doesn't make sense to me....some publications were already calling his daughter: almost straight out of Compton, the ghetto among other things. Why would he think they wouldn't do other things to embarrass her? He has worked in Hollywood he knows what the tabloids are like. Why would he think partnering with them would be okay...especially after Meghan asked him several times not to talk to the media [about her]?
Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Hard to take that seriously when the main person he was chatting with was Piers Morgan... and we all know his feelings on Meghan. He would rather sell his child out to the tabloid press who loved to trash her vs just being an adult and asking his child for cash? And he surprised she wants nothing to do with him?

Anyways his recent interviews prove it had nothing to do with needing money anyways. It was all about his ego and needing to feel important which is an entirely different issue. But not surprising that his contradictions are all coming out again. I am sure more to come.
Old 04-21-2020, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaira View Post
The texts from Meghan are heartbreaking. It is interesting that it seems Harry and Meghan still blame the media for Thomas' actions versus Thomas himself. I guess it would be hard to wrap one's head around their father treating them like that so maybe its easier to cast blame somewhere else.

Either way, I hope Friday's hearing goes well for Meghan.
Probably, Thomas, living in far away America, not used to the absolute venom witch which British tabloids are printed, was "tricked" by the tabloids. After all, how charming is it that the father of the bride speaks some words?

But the intention of the tabloids was so vile, that probably the Duke and Duchess take offence of actions with only one goal: how to suck someone so totally into an evil maelstrom. And maybe that is the anger. Sure, Thomas just should have his lips sealed. But Harry knows how the smallest hiccup is blown up and splashed on the front pages. It is the media's evil intention which probably enrages them more than the actual blabbing of Mr Markle.

Closed Thread