The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #901  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:17 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
A super injunction is taken extremely seriously and no newspaper to my knowledge has ever broken one. And there are many that even around 30 years. Some have come out and explained why they took one out in most all cases super injunctions are granted to protect children. Now twitter. Well you know.

The British media by and large are honourable. There are only a few who are despicable but absolutely no one listens to them anyway. I was appalled by them printing a very well known actors online dating profile recently but the actor was abroad, ignored it and the story literally lasted a day. Thank goodness. I have cringed over things the media have done to people but necer have at Meghan and Harry. It's all tribe ...and her family.
Which ones are honorable? Because the majority especially the larger ones (the Sun, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Telegraph) have all told lies and untruths about Meghan/Harry. It doesn't stop there then tv media (Loose Women, Sky News, ITV, BBC Breakfast & GMB to name a few) takes those lies and untruths and talked about them at nausea and spreading the rumors.

Unfortunately, the Sussexes can't sue them all on at once so they started with the most blatant violations.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:23 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Titles like the Sun and Mirror are picked up by Blue Collar types to look at whilst scoffing 'the full english' at the caff..
The Mail and Express by housewives, at the checkout whilst paying for a Supermarket shop..

Really none of the content of ANY of them 'stays in the mind' longer than it takes to read them.. and class/political allegiance are based on FAR deeper levels than the tripe these papers produce..

Its inexplicable to me why they are considered SO important in their influence on the British psyche - ever reducing numbers of people buy them, and even fewer take them seriously..
Well that is just it. Influential as a symbol but that is unrelated to what they are. As for their influence. Undeniably on a political front they are massively influential. Also interms of opinion of the royal family. They just decided they hate Harry and Meghan. I mean these are papers who excused the nazi outfit and the stripe poker. Because he was 'our harry.' He stopped even saying hello to them and they turned. It isn't rocket science.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Titles like the Sun and Mirror are picked up by Blue Collar types to look at whilst scoffing 'the full english' at the caff..
The Mail and Express by housewives, at the checkout whilst paying for a Supermarket shop..

Really none of the content of ANY of them 'stays in the mind' longer than it takes to read them.. and class/political allegiance are based on FAR deeper things than the tripe these papers produce..

Its inexplicable to me why they are considered SO important in their influence on the British psyche - ever reducing numbers of people buy them, and even fewer take them seriously..Let alone as 'GOSPEL'
Agreed! But this is wha I asked: why on earth do H&M take them so sérious, it's ridiculous.
Though I am reading a MA theses about the British Press which unveils a lot to me.
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:27 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478
why did he stop saying hello to them? Generally Harry got good press, though he was criticised at times.
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaiSoSo View Post
Which ones are honorable? Because the majority especially the larger ones (the Sun, Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday, Telegraph) have all told lies and untruths about Meghan/Harry. It doesn't stop there then tv media (Loose Women, Sky News, ITV, BBC Breakfast & GMB to name a few) takes those lies and untruths and talked about them at nausea and spreading the rumors.

Unfortunately, the Sussexes can't sue them all on at once so they started with the most blatant violations.
I would seriously rethink branding the BBC and The Telegraph as liars. They publish opinion pieces sure. And newspapers, as everyone can be, can be one sided. The broadsheets and the main media do not sell lies as truth. But everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is stated as such.

Harry and Meghan believe that their version of the story is the right one. They want to control the narrative. Unfortunately they have forgotten that we all have the right to choose how we act but we are powerless to control the reactions of others. Basically they don't want to be accountable but anyone who is publicly funded is.
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:30 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
they are light reading and most people don't take them seriously. and other coutnries have media that are full of gossip as well...
I think it is far more behind and the British tabloids are far more gossiping and do not obey the press code in many many ways, while the press code itself is another story , so Britain can not be compared to any other country or tabloids.
But as I write before, I do not understand why H&M take it so seriously. Maybe again in H's case it is a lack of education if not intelligence to behave like this.
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
why did he stop saying hello to them? Generally Harry got good press, though he was criticised at times.
He met Meghan. They got serious and he stopped giving them so much as a how do you do. He changed.
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 02-03-2020, 02:35 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
I think it is far more behind and the British tabloids are far more gossiping and do not obey the press code in many many ways, while the press code itself is another story , so Britain can not be compared to any other country or tabloids.
But as I write before, I do not understand why H&M take it so seriously. Maybe again in H's case it is a lack of education if not intelligence to behave like this.
If you think so.
and if you think its foolish of Harry and Meg to take it so seriously, why? YOu cleary think the British tabloids are terrible... though I've seen American ones that are wildly wrorng as well. So why wouldn't Harry and Meg who are unkindly portrayed at times take it badly? Esp since he is bound to have bad feelings about the press photographers who chased his mother.
Reply With Quote
  #909  
Old 02-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 817
There are all sorts of ridiculous gossip sites, which come up on the Yahoo and Bing home pages as clickbait. Royal gossip, celeb gossip, even claims about forthcoming storylines in popular TV soap operas. If someone's physically being hassled by photographers, or long lenses are being used, or if very personal information such as Gareth Thomas's HIV status or allegations about an affair are being published, then that is a problem, but a lot of it is best ignored. It's a very large scale version of someone spreading nasty stories in the school playground.
Reply With Quote
  #910  
Old 02-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Lilyflo's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,158
I know that one of the main problems these days (not just for H&M) is that a lie published by one newspaper travels very quickly right around the world to multiple media outlets & is repeated time & time again in subsequent articles, TV progs, podcasts etc. until people cite it as a certain fact. Now that H&M have their own PR they can at least publish corrections through their own social media. I wonder if they'd have held back on the legal action if they'd been able to contradict stories while they were still within the firm.
Reply With Quote
  #911  
Old 02-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Elenath's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
He met Meghan. They got serious and he stopped giving them so much as a how do you do. He changed.
So.. these gossip rags attacked his wife, Harry didn't like so he let them feel it, but it's all Harry's fault. He's the one that changed. See, this is the thing I don't get. None of us would accept it it were someone we loved, but too many people here expect any member of the BRF to just "put up with it". "Putting up with it" always helps the bully.

The gossip rags are pissed of because their victim doesn't want to be bullied and fights back. Perhaps if they had not bullied Meghan (and Harry) he'd still talk to them and none of this would have happened. This ganging up of a number of mags/papers on certain people is just so wrong I'm surprised so many people find it acceptable.
Reply With Quote
  #912  
Old 02-03-2020, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,397
Quote:
"put up with it"
Well they didn't, did they ? They simply left, to an uncertain future 'elsewhere'...
Reply With Quote
  #913  
Old 02-03-2020, 03:41 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If you think so.
and if you think its foolish of Harry and Meg to take it so seriously, why? YOu cleary think the British tabloids are terrible... though I've seen American ones that are wildly wrorng as well. So why wouldn't Harry and Meg who are unkindly portrayed at times take it badly? Esp since he is bound to have bad feelings about the press photographers who chased his mother.
I do not know Us mags and I do not say the british are terrible but took a closer look at a different level which tells me why there are differences to other countries. My question was concerning the british readers who buy this gossip at a large amount and why H&M take this so serios.
In Germany f.e. people are hardly interested in what is called " boulevard" journalism, though the " Bild" is existing, the country has a different history of journalism and a large number buys local newspapers, political magazines are very popular ....

Uk is simply different and H& M could just ignore it, if they don't its their approach but will hardly work but the two must do different and refuse to learn that' s their own
&only definition of themselves, maybe a bad choice concerning the press.
Reply With Quote
  #914  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
I do not know Us mags and I do not say the british are terrible but took a closer look at a different level which tells me why there are differences to other countries. My question was concerning the british readers who buy this gossip at a large amount and why H&M take this so serios.
In Germany f.e. people are hardly interested in what is called " boulevard" journalism, though the " Bild" is existing, the country has a different history of journalism and a large number buys local newspapers, political magazines are very popular ....

Uk is simply different and H& M could just ignore it, if they don't its their approach but will hardly work but the two must do different and refuse to learn that' s their own
&only definition of themselves, maybe a bad choice concerning the press.

BILD is the only major and very powerful tabloid magazine in Germany. It is able to shape opinion and even though readers will take a lot of the stories with a grain of salt, very often it drops bombshells that turn out to be true, our Head of State had to resign because he threatened the chief editor, leaving a nasty message on his mailbox.

I predict that as soon as the protection of the Royal House has gone, yes, I truly believe they were being protected by their status, it will become H&M's full time job to go on war with the papers, suing, countersuing, producing more headlines, becoming more bitter and aggressive (especially Harry). It seems that they are unable to ignore the negative headlines and cannot leave the game because they believe they can control and enforce the positive headlines only.
Reply With Quote
  #915  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:23 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
I do not know Us mags and I do not say the british are terrible but took a closer look at a different level which tells me why there are differences to other countries. My question was concerning the british readers who buy this gossip at a large amount and why H&M take this so serios.
In Germany f.e. people are hardly interested in what is called " boulevard" journalism, though the " Bild" is existing, the country has a different history of journalism and a large number buys local newspapers, political magazines are very popular ....

Uk is simply different and H& M could just ignore it, if they don't its their approach but will hardly work but the two must do different and refuse to learn that' s their own
&only definition of themselves, maybe a bad choice concerning the press.
On the one hand you seem to be claiming that British tabloid journalism is a terirlble thing.. yet saying that Harry and Meg should just ignore it.
Reply With Quote
  #916  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
I would seriously rethink branding the BBC and The Telegraph as liars. They publish opinion pieces sure. And newspapers, as everyone can be, can be one sided. The broadsheets and the main media do not sell lies as truth. But everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is stated as such.

Harry and Meghan believe that their version of the story is the right one. They want to control the narrative. Unfortunately they have forgotten that we all have the right to choose how we act but we are powerless to control the reactions of others. Basically they don't want to be accountable but anyone who is publicly funded is.
I didn't say the BBC was a liar (although they maybe). I noted they take lies from the newspapers and talk about them at nausea. As for the Telegraph, they wrote a hit piece on Meghan when the Together Cookbook came out, one with a headline "Meghan's Mosque" Meghan doesn't own a Mosque nor does she attend one for religious purposes. Then the article went on to say that by helping the Hubb women in a kitchen attached to the mosque she is tied to terrorism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
I think it is far more behind and the British tabloids are far more gossiping and do not obey the press code in many many ways, while the press code itself is another story , so Britain can not be compared to any other country or tabloids.
But as I write before, I do not understand why H&M take it so seriously. Maybe again in H's case it is a lack of education if not intelligence to behave like this.
Lack of education? Just because one doesn't go to University/College doesn't mean they lack education. I bet Harry learned skills/information in the military that some with degrees don't know/have. (Strategy, Teamwork, Research, Planning just to name a few).

None of that has anything to do with a lawsuit holding the media accountable for their actions. The Sussexes took it seriously because it is their lives. It is easy to sit back and say just take it when you aren't one being impacted by the lies and harassment. They have worked hard on behalf of UK/Commonwealth people and even others around the world and for the unethical media to come in and try to destroy is wrong and the Sussexes have a right to hold them accountable.
Reply With Quote
  #917  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:31 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
BILD is the only major and very powerful tabloid magazine in Germany. It is able to shape opinion and even though readers will take a lot of the stories with a grain of salt, very often it drops bombshells that turn out to be true, our Head of State had to resign because he threatened the chief editor, leaving a nasty message on his mailbox.

I predict that as soon as the protection of the Royal House has gone, yes, I truly believe they were being protected by their status, it will become H&M's full time job to go on war with the papers, suing, countersuing, producing more headlines, becoming more bitter and aggressive (especially Harry). It seems that they are unable to ignore the negative headlines and cannot leave the game because they believe they can control and enforce the positive headlines only.
I hope not. I am not Harry's biggest fan but he is at heart a decent young man and I am a little concerned that he's making a mistake not just in leaving the UK but if he does get embroiled in suing and battles with the press. Unless he leads a private life, they are likely to be around him.. and even if he doesn't like them, he needs to have a working relationship with them. I agree that the more fighting they do, unless it is an important complaint, the more notice they will get..back and forth, back and forth...
Reply With Quote
  #918  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
On the one hand you seem to be claiming that British tabloid journalism is a terirlble thing.. yet saying that Harry and Meg should just ignore it.
Sorry, but you do not get the point, never mind.
Have a nice evening Denville.
Reply With Quote
  #919  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:50 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
BILD is the only major and very powerful tabloid magazine in Germany. It is able to shape opinion and even though readers will take a lot of the stories with a grain of salt, very often it drops bombshells that turn out to be true, our Head of State had to resign because he threatened the chief editor, leaving a nasty message on his mailbox.

I predict that as soon as the protection of the Royal House has gone, yes, I truly believe they were being protected by their status, it will become H&M's full time job to go on war with the papers, suing, countersuing, producing more headlines, becoming more bitter and aggressive (especially Harry). It seems that they are unable to ignore the negative headlines and cannot leave the game because they believe they can control and enforce the positive headlines only.
I agree with H& M being unable to ignore.
By the way the German culture of press reading/ consumption is very different to the british one. Especially as I pointed out in another post, readers have regional newspapers, alongside political mags and though many buy Bild it is not the only one read usually.
Reply With Quote
  #920  
Old 02-03-2020, 04:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 817
The more they go on about it, the more talk it'll generate. Everyone and their dog seems to be publicly expressing an opinion about it all - the latest being an unpleasant politician who is no longer a Member of Parliament but wants some publicity. We've even had BBC Question Time, usually a debating forum for major political issues, focusing on whether or not Meghan has been unfairly treated by the press. It's a vicious circle.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american history anastasia 2020 armstrong-jones baby names british royal family buckingham palace canada carolin cht coronavirus cpr duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon elizabeth ii emperor family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo haakon vii hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry jumma kids movie list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince harry princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn princess dita princess elizabeth princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise queen maud resusci anne royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress settings spain stuart thailand thai royal family videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×