Harry & Meghan: Legal Actions against the Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is important to remember that after he retired he found the need to cut himself off from all of his family and moved to Mexico.

He may be one of those people who find peace in solitude and thus distance themselves from any and all dramas even family ones. I remember reading that the MoS had sent a reporter down there to 'help' him and, if what Tom said was true they may have orchestrated the whole debacle because once it got started it was a runaway train.

As to the perception that Harry was threatening him, you only have to look at where M&H are now to see he was serious when he warned Tom having seen for himself what damage could be done on his own family and the BRF. I don't believe even he could have imagined how vicious things would become.

I think it is important to remember that after he retired he found the need to cut himself off from all of his family and moved to Mexico.

He may be one of those people who find peace in solitude and thus distance themselves from any and all dramas even family ones. I remember reading that the MoS had sent a reporter down there to 'help' him and, if what Tom said was true they may have orchestrated the whole debacle because once it got started it was a runaway train.

As to the perception that Harry was threatening him, you only have to look at where M&H are now to see he was serious when he warned Tom having seen for himself what damage could be done on his own family and the BRF. I don't believe even he could have imagined how vicious things would become.
I dotn think that he was ever that close to much of his family, he was apparently very devoted to Meghan as a child but it seems like their relationshp cooled when she was grown up. He clearly is a man with problems, and he's not perhaps able to cope with many relationships.. That may be why he was reluctant to go to the UK to take part in the wedding.. he has become reclusive and could not face going. It doesn't excuse his being stupid enough to get involved with the press.. but he does have financial problems and may have been tempted to make some money. I think that Meg's been unlucky with her family.. apart from her mother...

Anybody can get work and earn money he could have found work without the media. He did not have to say bad things about his own child to the media and complain. I think that was the deal breaker. He also had a TV "special" where he admitted he collected money for his appearances.

And yet he claimed Megan had offered him help and he turned her down IMO because he was too proud to accept money from her. Yet weirdly he didn't mind selling her out for money. Go figure.

And yet he claimed Megan had offered him help and he turned her down IMO because he was too proud to accept money from her. Yet weirdly he didn't mind selling her out for money. Go figure.

Its not that hard to understand. He didn't want to ask his child for money... but if he spoke about her, and the media paid him, that was different. he may have genuinely reasoned at first that he wasn't gong to say anything about her that would embarrass her.

Its not that hard to understand. He didn't want to ask his child for money... but if he spoke about her, and the media paid him, that was different. he may have genuinely reasoned at first that he wasn't gong to say anything about her that would embarrass her.

He'd gotten money from her before ...so I'm not sure why all the sudden he didn't want to ask for money.

LaRae

That doesn't make sense to me....some publications were already calling his daughter: almost straight out of Compton, the ghetto among other things. Why would he think they wouldn't do other things to embarrass her? He has worked in Hollywood he knows what the tabloids are like. Why would he think partnering with them would be okay...especially after Meghan asked him several times not to talk to the media [about her]?

Hard to take that seriously when the main person he was chatting with was Piers Morgan... and we all know his feelings on Meghan. He would rather sell his child out to the tabloid press who loved to trash her vs just being an adult and asking his child for cash? And he surprised she wants nothing to do with him?

Anyways his recent interviews prove it had nothing to do with needing money anyways. It was all about his ego and needing to feel important which is an entirely different issue. But not surprising that his contradictions are all coming out again. I am sure more to come.

The texts from Meghan are heartbreaking. It is interesting that it seems Harry and Meghan still blame the media for Thomas' actions versus Thomas himself. I guess it would be hard to wrap one's head around their father treating them like that so maybe its easier to cast blame somewhere else.

Either way, I hope Friday's hearing goes well for Meghan.

Probably, Thomas, living in far away America, not used to the absolute venom witch which British tabloids are printed, was "tricked" by the tabloids. After all, how charming is it that the father of the bride speaks some words?

But the intention of the tabloids was so vile, that probably the Duke and Duchess take offence of actions with only one goal: how to suck someone so totally into an evil maelstrom. And maybe that is the anger. Sure, Thomas just should have his lips sealed. But Harry knows how the smallest hiccup is blown up and splashed on the front pages. It is the media's evil intention which probably enrages them more than the actual blabbing of Mr Markle.

I don't think he was tricked. He accepted the money and continued to go on and on with this. Even with a TV special a few weeks ago. He may have been encouraged by his daughter Samantha.

Does anyone know who these friends are that spoke to People magazine; have their names been released yet?

Probably, Thomas, living in far away America, not used to the absolute venom witch which British tabloids are printed, was "tricked" by the tabloids. After all, how charming is it that the father of the bride speaks some words?

But the intention of the tabloids was so vile, that probably the Duke and Duchess take offence of actions with only one goal: how to suck someone so totally into an evil maelstrom. And maybe that is the anger. Sure, Thomas just should have his lips sealed. But Harry knows how the smallest hiccup is blown up and splashed on the front pages. It is the media's evil intention which probably enrages them more than the actual blabbing of Mr Markle.

Which makes Harry not meeting him, nor getting on a plane with Meghan right after the wedding, when they realized he has fallen pray, to go see him and physically talk to him, that much worse!

Thomas seems a lot like my late grandmother, very proud, very lonely. Easily wounded in the heart.
You can’t just issue them orders, especially if they don’t know you, if they never met you, if you never did the extra mile to go see them face to face, they will not listen.
He is 100% cancerian, if you hurt them oh boy! (And Meghan being a selfish Leo, with Harry Virgo- dear lord!), and I can imagine never meeting his future son-law has hurt him greatly, as well as his self esteem, might have made him think Meghan no longer cares for him and that she is ashamed of him.
Which left him vulnerable to be used.

I continue to say: not making sure her dad and Harry met us the fractured vase this entire house of cards is collapsing on her.
It would have prevented the entire letter problem with her friends talking about it.

And I wodner, the court papers says she claims to have had no idea her friends were gonna speak and spill those very private info to people, did she cut them off of her life for talking to the press?

I think that he probably convinced himself that there was no harm in speaking about her..and he felt he could use the money. When tension began to erupt between them, he got nasty. Its not verey nice of him.. but I do think, whatever his faults, Meghan should have taken Harry to meet him when she got seriuos with H. She and H could afford it, and it would have been the right thing to do. If she wanted him to walk her down the aisle at the wedding, why not go and ask him in person? If he was "acceptable" enough to do that, surely she need not have qualms about introducing him to her boyfriend.

Which makes Harry not meeting him, nor getting on a plane with Meghan right after the wedding, when they realized he has fallen pray, to go see him and physically talk to him, that much worse!

Thomas seems a lot like my late grandmother, very proud, very lonely. Easily wounded in the heart.
You can’t just issue them orders, especially if they don’t know you, if they never met you, if you never did the extra mile to go see them face to face, they will not listen.
He is 100% cancerian, if you hurt them oh boy! (And Meghan being a selfish Leo, with Harry Virgo- dear lord!), and I can imagine never meeting his future son-law has hurt him greatly, as well as his self esteem, might have made him think Meghan no longer cares for him and that she is ashamed of him.

I continue to say: not making sure her dad and Harry met us the fractured vase this entire house of cards is collapsing on her.
It would have prevented the entire letter problem with her friends talking about it.

And I wodner, the court papers says she claims to have had no idea her friends were gonna speak and spill those very private info to people, did she cut them off of her life for talking to the press?

This^^^

The text message prove that Harry had some sort of relationship with Thomas, even if I do not believe that Harry sent the actual messages (various examples in the texts where "Harry" uses American spellings for words). Why would Harry not have gone down to Mexico to talk to Thomas and try and build a relationship with him.

Harry grew up in an environment where building a relationship with your spouse's immediate family is considered a very normal party of a relationship progressing

Things seemed to go wrong when the media found Tom at his home and started communicating with him.

Things got nasty the week of her wedding. Tom was openly chatting with TMZ and admitting to them on record that he was ignoring Harry and Meghan's calls. And when he finally did speak to them it was not pleasant.

At that point I am sure Meghan was over it. Probably the moment she released that statement about her father not attending was when she washed her hands of the situation. And can you blame her? Listen to this man even now. Says so much.

I don't so don't think Harry texting Thomas says they had a relationship. That seemed like a man seeing his wife-to-be very upset and wanting to take control of the situation. He seemed like he was trying to be understanding to get the man to put his daughter first on such an important day.

Last edited:
I don't blame her. Once he went to the media that was that. And he continued with the unpleasantness.

There are some terrible things being posted on here about a man that you do not know.

It is shameful.

People are entitled to an opinion but there are a few lines being crossed here.

If some of this stuff was printed in a newspaper there would be court actions all over the place,

Last edited:
I strongly doubt Tom Sr would be behaving this way because he didn't meet Harry.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some terrible things being posted on here about a man that you do not know.

It is shameful.

People are entitled to an opinion but there are a few lines being crossed here.

If some of this stuff was printed in a newspaper there would be court actions all over the place,

Whereas Harry and Meghan are presumably fair game for anything thrown at them.

Tom is responsible for his own actions. I think he made some really bad choices. And should not have gone near the media.

Byline Investigates is a website in which journalists investigates Press headlines and distortions.

Below is a YouTube video on the full texts issued by Meghan and Harry to Thomas. It includes Meghan's very worried to her father texts about Tom's stay in hospital and just afterwards.

Last edited:
Whereas Harry and Meghan are presumably fair game for anything thrown at them.

No I never said that.
Two wrongs do not make a right.
Considering how much people on here go on about the Daily Fail and all the horrible media I am surprised at some of the unsubstantiated posts, but it is social media where you can say what you like with no comeback.

A few posts have been deleted. This thread is not about Thomas Markle, so please cool it with the unsubstantiated gossip and speculation.

I know everyone has strong opinions about Meghan and her relationship with her dad, but we are only getting bits and pieces of what transpired between them. So please be mindful of this when you post.

Let’s get back to discussing the lawsuit. Any further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Interesting article. Apparently since the MoS is accusing Meghan of exploiting tax payer money, it seems she is willing to pull out the receipts of exactly what she was given and how it was spent. I have a feeling it won't get that far.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-f...prepared-lay-royal-public-funding-court-case/

Where will all this end, Not in a good place.
At this time any sense of luxury will not go down well, our nhs staff and care workers don't have the right equipment and we are going to get a list of what they have bought.
I am not saying they have spent more than any of the others, or more extravagant , but once again the timing is awful.

Where will all this end, Not in a good place.
At this time any sense of luxury will not go down well, our nhs staff and care workers don't have the right equipment and we are going to get a list of what they have bought.
I am not saying they have spent more than any of the others, or more extravagant , but once again the timing is awful.

I cannot believe this to be remotely true. Does Meghan really want the public to know how much money was spent on her wardrobe? Security? Groceries? She has s**t lawyers if they think this is a good tactic. Does everyone remember the brouhaha over the $75k engagement dress, that will pale in comparison to the s**t-storm this would generate. The BRF would never allow it

... How possible is it that with the case in High Court to happen this week, the Sussexes were advised by their legal team ahead of time to issue such statements as a legal intent of their intentions towards the publications named?...

The Sussexes or their attorneys on their behalf wrote private letters to the four tabloids. It was the tabloids that chose to release the contents of the letter they each received. The legal matter is moving ahead, so yes surely it was advised to M&H by their attorneys to take this action. But it was not a public statement issued by the Sussexes.

Things got nasty the week of her wedding. Tom was openly chatting with TMZ and admitting to them on record that he was ignoring Harry and Meghan's calls. And when he finally did speak to them it was not pleasant.

At that point I am sure Meghan was over it. Probably the moment she released that statement about her father not attending was when she washed her hands of the situation. And can you blame her? Listen to this man even now. Says so much.

I don't so don't think Harry texting Thomas says they had a relationship. That seemed like a man seeing his wife-to-be very upset and wanting to take control of the situation. He seemed like he was trying to be understanding to get the man to put his daughter first on such an important day.

I agree with your comments, based on all the documented details we know so far. In particular, Meghan's statement about her father a few days before her wedding had to be extremely distressing and difficult for her to make. I recall the sense of distancing in her words: "I have always cared for my father..."
Anyway, decisions had to be made going forward with such a high profile wedding. If Markle Sr was unwilling to refrain from being seduced by the media, and refused to accept Harry's & Meghan's advice and protection, there was really no hope. Even Markle Sr later admitted on GMB that M&H had tried to get him to fly to London a couple of weeks in advance, which offer he again declined to accept.

We know Meghan had a suit made for her father. I'm sure she knew he's reclusive and difficult to deal with, but she obviously made every effort to include him. It's too bad that elements of the media, and also most likely half sibling Samantha influenced Markle Sr toward a direction that has resulted in this current state of affairs. His choices and actions cemented the estrangement from his daughter.

[...]

...Thomas seems a lot like my late grandmother, very proud, very lonely. Easily wounded in the heart.

May I ask how you know this though? Markle Sr may remind you of your grandmother but that doesn't mean you know him. Meghan surely knows her own father better than any of us.

I don't think astrology is particularly useful in matters involving court cases. Although astrology of course has relevance to personality characteristics, there are two sides to everything, even in astrology.

Cutting them off from her life, has nothing to do with whether or not she knew they were going to speak out publicly in defense of how she was being treated in the media while pregnant. There is such a thing as forgiveness, especially when you know people did not act with ill intent, no matter how distressing their actions may be.

It's well documented that Meghan's friends were very upset at how she was being relentlessly slammed in the media. Even George Clooney spoke out in defense of such treatment. Her friends going to People and sharing personal details is different of course, but even some of them later spoke out to confirm that Meghan didn't know about it, nor had she given them permission. And that's likely a big reason why they spoke anonymously to People.

I initially believed she had given her okay, and I'm sure it has been widely felt to be the case. But I can't see Meghan lying about something that has such bearing on this suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom