Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sure. Lights on the London Eye. How degrading. Awful. I don't know how we can treat people like that in this country. I mean, it's clear as day how lights are a sign of owning someone. So humiliating.

I mean, I don't know how Catherine and William can continue living after that experience. And they did it three times! I'm sure they're so devasted.

The above is entirely your humorous take, not mine. ?

The lights make no difference in my estimation. But as another poster indicated, the decision is entirely up to those who own and operate the London Eye. It's a joyous occasion, so sure if the lights are lit to celebrate Baby Sussex's birth, it's all good. But again, in my estimation, it's not essential and has nothing to do with varying perceptions and opinions of the baby's status within the royal family.

My comments regarding the public not owning the royals surrounds the obsessive media and public over-analysis of the birth plans, the strange conspiracy theories, and 'sussexstandby' reactions bordering on 'hysteria,' which is a word used by Omid Scobie (and he's there on the Windsor scene).

Last edited:
At this point, I'm also done guessing the date of birth but I will simplify things and say something that will prove to be 100% correct.

The baby will be born in 2019. ?

Will she have wait until 5th, May World Midwives Day��
Good choice to „ call te midwife“ and empower women‘s rights.✌��

I'm surprised some people think they shouldn't have released any info. That would have only made what we are seeing right now even worse. The reporters were antsy before they finally heard from BP because they were expecting to have all the details like they were given for Kate's pregnancies. And that's the thing, for all the talk about how Harry, Meghan and their baby aren't that important, the media is still hungry for every and any bit of info. There is as much interest in them as there is in the Cambridges, if not more in some places.

Anyhow, I am just as anxious as the media right now. Though, I suppose no one is as ready to meet Baby Sussex as much as his or her parents. ;)

I' all the talk about how Harry, Meghan and their baby aren't that important, the media is still hungry for every and any bit of info. There is as much interest in them as there is in the Cambridges, if not more in some places.

Anyh
its not a case of their being important. They aren't as important as Wiliam and Kate.. but they do have a following...The press aren't waiting there because they care about H and Meghan but because some of the public care and want to see the news about their baby...

its not a case of their being important. They aren't as important as Wiliam and Kate.. but they do have a following...The press aren't waiting there because they care about H and Meghan but because some of the public care and want to see the news about their baby...

Yeah, the selfless media, just giving the public what they want. :lol:

Even many in the media will admit that Harry and Meghan are the biggest royal story right now, regardless of rank or importance. It's not merely public interest but because they make for great story and coverage. That's what the media cares about most.

Officially the 5th now! (I have a feeling I've been saying this for a while now ahahah).

Let's see if my prediction is correct. If not, then I won't guess anymore.

Officially the 5th now! (I have a feeling I've been saying this for a while now ahahah).

Let's see if my prediction is correct. If not, then I won't guess anymore.
So a Cinco de Mayo baby then. W/ Meghan growing up in SoCal I’m sure she’s celebrated Cinco de Mayo, @ my work (further north in CA) we’ve had awesome Cinco de Mayo potlucks.

A few empty posts have been deleted.

Questions directed to the moderators should be made via PM.

That little Sussex crumb snatcher is saying, “Mommy and Daddy, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.” :lol:

Judging by the stubbornness exhibited by this baby on the issue of being born, I wish Meghan and Harry luck in the next few decades. They are going to need it. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-Meghans-natural-birth-dreams-shattered.html

Never had children; so I don't know why contractions don't begin when they should; medically speaking?

There is really no known reason why some pregnancies go over due. There are some factors linked at times like obesity, first time pregnancies, history of overdue pregnancies, and hereditary factors. It seems to be more common in male babies as well. There is also the fact that due dates are not exact math.

First time pregnancy really seems to be the only sign for Meghan.

I was induced with my first child in February, I was 12 days past my due date. The doctors wouldn’t let us go any further than that. The worst part was all the people asking if the baby was coming or was there any sign! I hope Meghan is able to relax and not let the pressure of a whole country waiting get to her.

Are the laboring women, the sick grandpas, the kids who are rushed to the ER...
and who don’t have to make their way through crowds of reporters and royal fans who are stationed outside of Lindo or any other hospital.

Not quite. The Press Pen outside St Mary's is not outside the regular entrance to the hospital, but on a quite, side street. The entrance used by the royals does not inconvenience regular users of the hospital.

I wondered if it was something like that. For me quick "stop&wave" as they're leaving the hospital is much more private than the whole photocall.

I agree, the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event, but to quote, if this is what Meghan wants, this is what Meghan gets! ?

Oh, I'll disagree with you here - the lights are important.

Maybe more for the people here, actually living in the UK, than our friends from US, but it's just such a nice way to express the joy and to celebrate the birth of another member of the royal family. I agree, that it's just a small symbol and nothing disastrous will happen if they won't do it for Baby Sussex, but I really hope they will.

I agree, the lights are a simple, unobtrusive way of expressing national joy.

I agree, the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event, but to quote, if this is what Meghan wants, this is what Meghan gets! ?

That sounds awfully negative, like Meghan is some manipulative little twit with high demands. Not everyone has an easy delivery and I think if I had just had a baby I’d prefer to stay in bed as well and not have to walk out in high heels, facing god knows how many people. Kate might have looked like she felt fine, but none of us know that for sure. Perhaps she felt like ****. Diana sure did.

I really don’t see how some people think a stop&wave with 100+ photographers and cameracrews hours after giving birth is more private than a camera crew of 3 people several days after.

@Elenath - I wouldn't be surprised if Kate was given some strong pain killers to go out hours later to do the public presentation of her baby. The photocall is better - you may get pictures of an alert Baby Sussex wearing a cute outfit. Does BP pick the press representatives? The photocall sounds like more control of the line of questions.

Yeah, the selfless media, just giving the public what they want. :lol:

Even many in the media will admit that Harry and Meghan are the biggest royal story right now, regardless of rank or importance. It's not merely public interest but because they make for great story and coverage. That's what the media cares about most.

But why should the media care about them? They are a business. they are I the business of selling stories. That's all. There is no reason why they should care about the royals, or any particular couple. They are just paid to write stories and get pictures. At the moment, Meg and Harry are popular abroad and to an extent in the UK.. but I don't know anyone who is interested in them or has said a word about this baby. But because they are newly married, and there is public inteerest, the media want to write about them. It doesn't mean that everyone in the UK cares, or that the press writers/photographers care

Not quite. The Press Pen outside St Mary's is not outside the regular entrance to the hospital, but on a quite, side street. The entrance used by the royals does not inconvenience regular users of the hospital.
Of course it doesn't.

Well that contradicts Chris Ship on the last but one episode of Royal Rota when he was speaking to Royal Correspondent Nikki Royah about Harry and Meghhan's arrangements and he and his fellow host and guest were chuckling over patients coming out of the hospital during the wait for Louis's birth and being surprised at being confronted head-on by Press etc.

Also, the noise from the media and crowd outside the hospital must be tremendous. I can remember William (in a blue jumper) appealing to the gathered crowd to keep the noise down as patients inside the hospital were trying to rest. I seem to remember Charles saying the same thing to crowds after William's years before.

Last edited:
I agree, the brief "stop&wave" outside the hospital would have been a relatively painless event, but to quote, if this is what Meghan wants, this is what Meghan gets!
Pray tell me, what is th difference between a 3 day stay in the Lindo Wing followed by a public departure.

I get there being no hospital to stake out if she is having a home birth. Sensibly they have alternate arrangements if everything turns pear-shaped as do others in their position.

I wonder when ITV was interviewing the other RRs on their month-long wait, whether they remo ded them it could be up to three days after the birth before the Sussexes are ready to face the world?

Time to get themselves together and recover enough for a photo call could also take three days . . .

But why should the media care about them? They are a business. they are I the business of selling stories. That's all. There is no reason why they should care about the royals, or any particular couple. They are just paid to write stories and get pictures. At the moment, Meg and Harry are popular abroad and to an extent in the UK.. but I don't know anyone who is interested in them or has said a word about this baby. But because they are newly married, and there is public inteerest, the media want to write about them. It doesn't mean that everyone in the UK cares, or that the press writers/photographers care

There in lies the big difference:

The media doesn't care about the well being of Meghan or the baby but is just looking for the big payout.

Harry and Meghan on the other hand are responsible adults and acting in the best interest of their family (all members). There is no need to parade mother and child out in front of a circus. I think it is much better for the family to introduce the little in a more serene setting.

Painless for you, but that doesn't speak to the pain the new mother is experincing. Diana said that she hated the experience and was in pain the whole time and the minute she was out of sight of the media burst into tears. Why do some feel that it is okay to put new mothers through situations like that just to get half a picture of a baby?

There in lies the big difference:

The media doesn't care about the well being of Meghan or the baby but is just looking for the big payout.

Harry and Meghan on the other hand are responsible adults and acting in the best interest of their family (all members). There is no need to parade mother and child out in front of a circus. I think it is much better for the family to introduce the little in a more serene setting.

If they don't want to do it, they don't have ot. but it is their fans who want to see pictures. the Press don't care. If there were no fans who want to see pictures, the press would not be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom