Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness me, they are all bored. I saw the segments with Kier lately. He's so worried he'll run out of things to say before this baby gets here. :lol:

We have now reached 100th page of this thread and the baby still inside.
Let's hope he/she will be born before we reach 150th one.:lol:

Goodness me, they are all bored. I saw the segments with Kier lately. He's so worried he'll run out of things to say before this baby gets here. :lol:

Yes, they are.

I really didn't know that they were waiting for George for 6 weeks, so this is nothing for them. Some of them have only been in Windsor for 2 weeks, but there is a lot of press and not just American.

Have you watched the episode that quickly. :lol:

I think an episode of Royal Rota was coming due, and they decided to go ahead with it now, since yes they are likely bored stiff with waiting. Perhaps they will quickly follow up with a special episode once the baby is born and the photo-call has happened. ?

The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think this is a public relations disaster. Harry is r famous, he is beyond famous and this birth is being treated, by them, like a celebrity birth. Why on earth do a photo shoot and I interview after the birth. Like a hello photocall. She doesn't have to stand on a step, in six inch heels but it strikes me that if anything they are making their babies birth less private by this hoopla. Kate had to stand on a step and that was is it and then family taken picture was realised a couple of weeks later and then what 4 pictures over the first year of life. Harry and Meghan just don't seem to k ow what they are playing with at the moment. And to be honest I think she, and her friends, needs to realise this is a world she doesn't understand. I would rather stand on a step for 3 minutes with a swaddled baby then do a photo shoot with it soon after birth. Alternatively I would much rather realise a section of family taken photos.

Reactions: Fem
The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think this is a public relations disaster. Harry is r famous, he is beyond famous and this birth is being treated, by them, like a celebrity birth. Why on earth do a photo shoot and I interview after the birth. Like a hello photocall. She doesn't have to stand on a step, in six inch heels but it strikes me that if anything they are making their babies birth less private by this hoopla. Kate had to stand on a step and that was is it and then family taken picture was realised a couple of weeks later and then what 4 pictures over the first year of life. Harry and Meghan just don't seem to k ow what they are playing with at the moment. And to be honest I think she, and her friends, needs to realise this is a world she doesn't understand. I would rather stand on a step for 3 minutes with a swaddled baby then do a photo shoot with it soon after birth. Alternatively I would much rather realise a section of family taken photos.

The only things difference about this and the DoC births is that:
1. We don't know where she will give birth (I understand this because I remember when they were waiting for George and Charlotte that there were couples who were coming and going into St. Mary, and what a violation that may have been for some of them).

2. The won't do the pictures right after the birth. (This is a personal choice for each individual woman. I'm sorry, but no one has the right to tell a new mom that she should stand on the steps hours after giving birth to present her child to the public. If she wants to do that, fine, but we shouldn't condemn a new mother if she doesn't want to do it either. We don't know if she'll have a C-Section or even have complications during birth that would permit it to be presentable a day after birth.)

Barring these two, everything is much the same. The press will get family photos a few days after birth (perhaps a short QnA) and then go on their merry way. I'm also glad that we had the YouGov poll showing that the majority of Brits (75%) agreed with Harry and Meghan's decision about the birth.

The wording of that announcement was ambiguous and at odds with subsequent announcements.

If there is to be confirmation as and when Meghan goes into labour, there may as well be confirmation as and when she has given birth. Or just make an announcement only when the birth has occurred.

I think it acceptable that we wait a few days until we actually see the new baby so that they have a few days to themselves, but I don't think it acceptable not to announce the birth when it actually happens.

The wording of that announcement was ambiguous and at odds with subsequent announcements.

If there is to be confirmation as and when Meghan goes into labour, there may as well be confirmation as and when she has given birth. Or just make an announcement only when the birth has occurred.
I think it's one of two things:
- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall? :lol:

I think it acceptable that we wait a few days until we actually see the new baby so that they have a few days to themselves, but I don't think it acceptable not to announce the birth when it actually happens.

But they are doing that.

They are informing the press when she's in labor.
They will announce when she gives birth with all the usual information. The London eye will even light up when baby is born.

The reporters have confirmed the additional operational notes from BP and have even talked about how nervous they get everything they get a message from BP because it might be news she's in labor.

The only things difference about this and the DoC births is that:
1. We don't know where she will give birth (I understand this because I remember when they were waiting for George and Charlotte that there were couples who were coming and going into St. Mary, and what a violation that may have been for some of them).

2. The won't do the pictures right after the birth. (This is a personal choice for each individual woman. I'm sorry, but no one has the right to tell a new mom that she should stand on the steps hours after giving birth to present her child to the public. If she wants to do that, fine, but we shouldn't condemn a new mother if she doesn't want to do it either. We don't know if she'll have a C-Section or even have complications during birth that would permit it to be presentable a day after birth.)

Barring these two, everything is much the same. The press will get family photos a few days after birth (perhaps a short QnA) and then go on their merry way. I'm also glad that we had the YouGov poll showing that the majority of Brits (75%) agreed with Harry and Meghan's decision about the birth.

Nobody is saying she should. Heaven forbid but why do an interview and photos shoot like a celebrity. Just take a picture of your baby and realise it. That is all anyone else wants, a picture of a healthy baby. Because some people may be entitled but most just care for Prince Harry and want this to go well for them. But media wise this has not gone well for them. And I just do think William and Kate seem to handle the media better while keeping them on side. And this is from someone who thinks William is at times to media trained.

- The announcement is badly written and is conveying informations in a wrong way
- They changed their mind at some point AFTER the announcement (maybe after they saw how big is the interest?) and now it all just sounds stupid...

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall? :lol:

The public announcement and the embargoed, detailed guidance to press were delivered from BP simultaneously, so it wasn’t a change of mind. Taking the two together, I think what they meant by wanting privacy is not that things will be kept secret but that they don’t want press physically close by and able to take unencumbered photographs until they’re ready.

I don’t think it was a great choice of wording since it’s been taken to mean so much more than that. But I don’t think it’s really that big a deal, either. Honestly, the only substantial difference between what they’ve said they’ll do and what the BRF has done for the last 30+ years is limiting the physical proximity of the press. It’s still far more than anyone got when the Queen and Margaret, or literally any previous generation of British royals ever, had their babies.

But they are doing that.

They are informing the press when she's in labor.
They will announce when she gives birth with all the usual information. The London eye will even light up when baby is born.

The reporters have confirmed the additional operational notes from BP and have even talked about how nervous they get everything they get a message from BP because it might be news she's in labor.

All they have to do is realise a statement saying baby boy or girl born three o'clock. Everyone well. Here is a picture and everyone will literally be over the moon. That is all really.

I am not sure about the London Eye to be honest. I don't think any of them will light up. I think the distinction between Princess Margaret and the Queens children is a good example here. As the Queens aid they are not royal they just have me as an aunt. I think all the evidence points to a revised situation where only future monarchs children will be HRH. What that means for the workload with a reduced workforce if anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Nobody is saying she should. Heaven forbid but why do an interview and photos shoot like a celebrity. Just take a picture of your baby and realise it. That is all anyone else wants, a picture of a healthy baby. Because some people may be entitled but most just care for Prince Harry and want this to go well for them. But media wise this has not gone well for them. And I just do think William and Kate seem to handle the media better while keeping them on side. And this is from someone who thinks William is at times to media trained.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't look at this like a photoshoot. It's the same concept as the Lindo Wing, but more controlled. It's just one photog, one reporter and one camera. It's similar to what the continental Europeans do. I distinctly remember Carl Phillip and Sofia releasing those beautiful images of Alexander, and there was a brief interview.

I know it's not for everyone, but I prefer this controlled environment rather than the chaos that the Lindo Wing has become. Also have to remember, there are extenuating circumstances regarding the LW. It's open to the public, and we know Megs have some very media hungry family members that would probably turn up to cause problem.

Also, the press are the ones making a nuisance of themselves as they already had all of the information but chose to release it in a certain way.

But that's the thing, "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" can indeed be interpreted as having a couple of days just to themselves and their family. That's why I'm not surprised there are reporters asking if Megan gave birth already, because it's not clear whether the public will be informed a few hours or a few days later.

And nah, the mechanics of it are pretty simple, I mean timeline wise. Like, will it happen a few days after, or few weeks after? It could've been written in a more specific and informative manner. I get the need for privacy and I'm not saying they should include more information per se, just... be more particular. Because that statement is just making people more confused instead of clearing things out, not to mention now we have BP basically saying completely different thing.
My guess is that 'once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family' means 'once they have arrived home', so there is less chance of reporters showing up at the (unknown) hospital. Once home, I don't think there is much reason to keep it a secret any longer; they clearly want to avoid having lots of reporters at the hospital (or other place of birth) when Meghan is in labor; so in this way they both can inform the public relatively quickly but still avoid facing the photographers at the day (or day after) of birth..

My guess is that 'once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family' means 'once they have arrived home', so there is less chance of reporters showing up at the (unknown) hospital. Once home, I don't think there is much reason to keep it a secret any longer; they clearly want to avoid having lots of reporters at the hospital (or other place of birth) when Meghan is in labor; so in this way they both can inform the public relatively quickly but still avoid facing the photographers at the day (or day after) of birth..

Precisely. I think once they are safely back at Frogmore Cottage, they'll release all the necessary information. Personally, I don't think it's going to be a home birth. I think right now, she is probably overdue by a few days and baby will be here in less than a week.

Because what, we'll get the "she's in labor" announcement and then nothing until the photocall? :lol:[
/QUOTE]

We will get confirmation of the sex and weight of the baby as per usual. Of course, no photocall until a couple of days after.

There was only one announcement. The details weee in the extended ops notes only intended for the media. They have to announce the deliver time as it specifically stated that the Long Walk will be available for media pen for 72 hours after she gives birth. They have to let them know ahead of time when they have to pack up and leave.

All the info was released at the same time. The issue is that the operational notes were not meant for public knowledge and was released. We were always going to be told when she is in advanced labor and details of the birth. The public will not be in the dark once the time actually comes. Right now they just want privacy.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't look at this like a photoshoot. It's the same concept as the Lindo Wing, but more controlled. It's just one photog, one reporter and one camera. It's similar to what the continental Europeans do. I distinctly remember Carl Phillip and Sofia releasing those beautiful images of Alexander, and there was a brief interview.

I know it's not for everyone, but I prefer this controlled environment rather than the chaos that the Lindo Wing has become. Also have to remember, there are extenuating circumstances regarding the LW. It's open to the public, and we know Megs have some very media hungry family members that would probably turn up to cause problem.

Also, the press are the ones making a nuisance of themselves as they already had all of the information but chose to release it in a certain way.

Nobody is saying she should...well I am ot. I am saying. Take a picture of your baby and release it and do not do anything else.

They are not European Royalty and media access is 300 times more controlled.

In going more low key...they have gone in the other direction. It is like the difference between some telling you they have news and then refusing to tell you and someone not telling you until they need to. It hasn't been handled well. They need their communications team to do a number because I don't know the attitude from the media, and increasingly people on the street, generally is one of: we pay for their lifestyle, all we want is a picture of the baby because actually most people believe the baby,is born and that is a public opinions mess.

Reactions: Fem
Nobody is saying she should...well I am ot. I am saying. Take a picture of your baby and release it and do not do anything else.

In going more low key...they have gone in the other direction. It is like the difference between some telling you they have news and then refusing to tell you and someone not telling you until they need to. It hasn't been handled well. They need their communications team to do a number because I don't know the attitude from the media, and increasingly people on the street, generally is one of: we pay for their lifestyle, all we want is a picture of the baby because actually most people believe the baby,is born and that is a public opinions mess.

You are absolutely wrong on the feeling of the people on the street. An vast majority supports them on this decision according to the latest YouGov poll. Some are miffed, but that’s a small minority at 13%. But other than that, the press will not be happy with just a photo released. They are as upset as it is. They aren’t telling people they have news and then refuse to sharing it. They are sharing it. There is very little difference to the Cambridge children than the fact that they won’t share the specific birthing plans like the location. The exact time this baby will come is beyond their control. They’ll notified the press once she goes into labor. If they want to wait in Windsor right now, that’s between them and their bosses. They’re very clear on what they will and will not share. There is no false illusion here.

As for low key, this is about as low key as they can get. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of interest in this couple globally. Perhaps more so than almost any other royal couple right now. And the birth of their child is of interest to people, so the media will report on it. And as working royals, they walk a fine line between keeping something for themselves and wanting to thank the people for the love and support. And I think the way they are going about it is a great compromise.

Last edited:
They will be happy because ultimately we all panic and mouth off and then someone shoves a cute, healthy baby picture in your face and everyone loves them. The media want a story...and that is it.

It's been misjudged. It's like, someone panicked and told them to release that statement and it was the worst mistake in the world. They could have said: they have chosen to keep the location private but appreciate your kid thoughts at this time and literally say nothing else and have let it play out. It just got everyone's knickers in a twist and a change to spit bile for a month. Utterly lacking in tact.

You are absolutely wrong on the feeling of the people on the street. An vast majority supports them on this decision according to the latest YouGov poll. Some are miffed, but that’s a small minority at 13%. But other than that, the press will not be happy with just a photo released. They are as upset as it is. They aren’t telling people they have news and then refuse to sharing it. They are sharing it. There is very little difference to the Cambridge children than the fact that they won’t share the specific birthing plans like the location. The exact time this baby will come is beyond their control. They’ll notified the press once she goes into labor. If they want to wait in Windsor right now, that’s between them and their bosses. They’re very clear on what they will and will not share. There is no false illusion here.

As for low key, this is about as low key as they can get. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of interest in this couple globally. Perhaps more so than almost any other royal couple right now. And the birth of their child is of interest to people, so the media will report on it. And as working royals, they walk a fine line between keeping something for themselves and wanting to thank the people for the love and support. And I think the way they are going about it is a great compromise.

Because a poll that did not predict Brexit is better then actual life experience. Trust people are a bit sneery right now because actually the media have convinced the baby is here. Which is what is being said on radio and things and no one really reports the fact that BP has denied this.

I’ve seen many royal correspondents from all over asking people on the streets how they feel and majority agree with the Sussexes. So I can’t say I’m seeing this jeering. I even saw Carole Malone ranting and she made a pool which was again overwhelming in favor of the Sussexes’s decision. I don’t think most care, they just want to know the baby is healthy and here.

I don’t think most care, they just want to know the baby is healthy and here.

Exactly so why give the media the bile to run a month of stories. But you chat with people and there is laughing, joking and sneering about them playing 'us' for a fool. Which is a direct result,of thr media having a month worth of bile spitting propaganda.

I have refrained from guessing on due dates because frankly I am really bad at that sort of thing. Since Baby Sussex has missed my niece's birthday on May 1, he or she has another chance with my nephew's birthday on the 5th. The one thing I am fairly certain is we won't have to wait until my grandmother's or my dad's birthdays. Grandma was born on May 30th and Dad was born on May 31! I will admit to imaging the press reaction if things went that long - makes for a good laugh though.

I do not believe “most people” believe the baby is already born. Conspiracy theorists, the anti-Meghan brigade and those who refuse to accept the difference between private and secret can believe nonsense.
It was mostly handled fine, some are disgruntled because they don’t get to stand in a horde of hundreds of other press to take photos or video footage. But that whole scene outside Lindo is crazy and a security nightmare.

Last edited:
Exactly so why give the media the bile to run a month of stories. But you chat with people and there is laughing, joking and sneering about them playing 'us' for a fool. Which is a direct result,of thr media having a month worth of bile spitting propaganda.

Month? Meghan said the baby was due late April or early May. We are still in that time frame. If people wanted to disbelieve her own words, well, that’s on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom