Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite right. I have no doubt that Meghan will not be dressing her clothes in the very traditional way that the Cambridge children are dressed for formal occasions. Its not a criticism, but a comment based on her own current style.

It’s likely gonna be a mix of traditional and modern.

I know we’re all on the edge of our seats with anticipation for the baby’s arrival, but my thoughts and prayers are with Meghan and Harry. I’m not a parent, but I think they’re more on the edge than we are at this point.

Last edited:
Does anyone know exactly how far along in pregnancy Meghan was during Eugenie's wedding? There was supposed to be a scan that morning. I have read 12 weeks and then 11 weeks and now 8 weeks. Huge difference in reporting. I do not believe that the child has already been born and not announced as if that were true it would indicate the Queen and Charles are liars as it was published that Meghan going into labor would be known. I do not believe the Queen would lie about this to her citizens. Just curious and to correct a debate at the club.[/QUOTE
We,of course, don't know her due date. And, many posters on this thread have contributed the knowledge that a 12 week scan can be done anytime from 10 to 13 weeks. For what it's worth, I would not fly across the world unless I was 12 weeks. If Megan was 12 weeks on the day they announced her due date would have been April 29th

To correctly even begin to calculate anything related to Meghan's pregnancy and due date, we'd also have to be given the information of the first day of her last menstrual period. No one, and I mean *no* one has the right to ask that question. Its between Meghan and her OB/GYN.

As we're still going in circles about due dates and scans and the most important piece of information to figure it all out is missing, its like a rocking chair. A whole lot of action that gets us absolutely nowhere at all. :D

That is not entirely true as Harry's child, if he is a boy, will probably become HRH Prince xxx of Sussex eventually and, later, HRH The Duke of Sussex. If it is a girl, she will eventually become HRH Princess xxx of Sussex. I don't think King Charles III (or George VII) will keep Harry's children as Earl of Dumbarton or Lady xx Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry's children will be in a similar position to Beatrice and Eugenie and, when George is King, they will be in a similar position to that of the Kents and the Gloucesters today.

So, basically, just like Countessmeout said, William's children will be "more prominent" than Harry's. And it's not a slight, it's just a fact - like William and Harry have always been more (for the lack of better word) important to the public than Beatrice and Eugenie. I noticed that a lot of Americans have problems with that idea, but that's just how it is in the BRF. Children of the (future) monarch will always be more interesting.

I wouldn't be so sure about Charles wanting H&M's kids to have the HRH title - if it's true and he wants to slim down the working royal family, he might suggest it'll be less messy to keep the kids styled as a children of a Duke. Not to mention I could see Harry not wanting his children to have the HRH, as it would allow them more freedom in the future.

Also, tbh, I always thought Bea and Eugenie actually won the lottery here - many of the same priviledges, not as much responsibilities.

Ha! The "Town Cryer" is officially in Windsor.

I say Baby Sussex comes on Saturday, May 4th.
Jedi Baby: may the Force be with You

:lol: Yes, and at first it seemed to passers-by that the House of Windsor's self-appointed Town Crier was actually going to make an important announcement, not one telling us what we already know. Omid Scobie offered a video:

I too vote for Jedi Baby Sussex!

I can imagine that the restaurants and pubs in Windsor are doing some excellent business these days. Seems almost like a global press convention has descended there eh? :D

And when they arrive in Windsor, getting off the train, visitors are greeted with this photo blow-up on a huge placard:
https://media.vanityfair.com/photos...768,c_limit/Harry-Meghan-engagement-photo.jpg

:previous: of course they would manage. But sharing a birthday is hard enough as a little kid, without sharing it with your very famous cousin... As a kid it always feels better to have your own big day...

I think that's true. I'm glad the Sussex baby was not born on May 2, although as noted, everyone would surely survive and manage regardless of where the birth date falls. :lol: I'm rooting for lift-off, or rather touchdown on May 4!!! May the Force be with Meghan & her little lamb! ?

As we know, Meghan shares a birthday with Barack Obama and with the Queen Mother, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

Last edited:
[...] there has been a rise in home births as a result of decades of overly eager in intervention by doctors.

And even IF Meghan gives birth at Windsor, why is it reversing a trend? Why is how to give birth a "trend" at all? If anything, the only "trend" should be each woman should do what they feel comfortable in consultation with their doctors.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no requirement to be 'transparent' as to where she plans to give birth. That is the only thing we don't know...otherwise they've been pretty open about the rest of the details. Announcement will be made and a photo call at some point after.

LaRae

It is Meghans choice to keep the birth private,it will all come out eventually because the birth certificate will state the place of birth. All I am saying is that there is a balance to be found, she is not a private citizen, she is a member of the British Royal Family married to a much beloved prince, I just think they have made so much fuss about being private they have caused more fuss. If for example the due date is 1st May they could have said mid May and removed the pressure of everybody asking. It was Meghan that said end of April beginning of May.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not feeling the excitement at all. Maybe it's because I know there's going to be a delay and we will "see" the baby a week or more after the birth (if we will, because right now I won't be even surprised when we get a picture of a foot or a hand), or I'm just so over royal reporters and constant arguing in the fandom that I can't find it in myself... I'm not sure, but last year's wait was far nicer.

Is it a requirement that the birth of the royal baby has to be announced on the same day that the child is born?

I hope that, if Meghan doesn’t have a Palace delivery, the labor PA at least says “ HRH The Duchess of Sussex was admitted today to Hospital. Xxx to deliver her first child etc”, that is, using the same wording that our Dutch friends posted here regarding Princess Maxima.

Is it a requirement that the birth of the royal baby has to be announced on the same day that the child is born?

In recent years we have known the same day for the direct heirs, for other members of the family it has been the next day, by that time mother and baby are home. I would not like to say it must be the same day because I am not sure. A press release goes out, a notice is placed at the palace, for Williams children the fountains turned blue or pink, the BT tower lit up with the announcement. I think the next day there was gun salute, not sure if Harrys child gets all this.

I think she will have a hospital delivery though for safety reasons.

The birth location will hardly be a secret anyways. It will be on the birth certificate. Also a chance it will be revealed when they announce she is in labour. Either way it will become public knowledge with due time.

Maybe it would be helpful if people who are frustrated with the process that is unfolding clearly stated what they expect from a royal birth.

It seems like the list is:
  • an announcement when labor begins (within two hours)
  • an announcement of where the labor is taking place
  • an announcement of when the child is born, including sex, weight, and length (within an hour or two of it occurring)
  • photos (within a week)
  • name (within two to three days)

I'll state that I want all of these things. I'll certainly be disappointed if we don't get them all, but I'm not sure I'd characterize H & M as having acted inappropriately by not doing so.

I also expect that they will provide all this information within the indicated time periods. I think a lot of folks have secretly decided that the baby is already here and is being deliberately withheld from the public, and that is simply not the case.

We don't know what's in store for yet-to-be-born Baby Sussex. It will be fascinating to find out. However, I'm sure Baby Sussex's parents are going to vastly limit the public scrutiny. I can see the Sussex children excelling in any number of areas, and still managing to live their lives relatively normally. And I would say that 'normal' is the keyword. It's never been far from Harry's lips. I will append proof via a 2007 video in an appropriate thread.

Last edited:
Maybe it would be helpful if people who are frustrated with the process that is unfolding clearly stated what they expect from a royal birth.

• an announcement of when the child is born, including sex, weight, and length (within an hour or two of it occurring)
  • photos (within a week)

I'll state that I want all of these things. I'll certainly be disappointed if we don't get them all, but I'm not sure I'd characterize H & M as having acted inappropriately by not doing so.

I also expect that they will provide all this information within the indicated time periods. I think a lot of folks have secretly decided that the baby is already here and is being deliberately withheld from the public, and that is simply not the case.
I agree with everything, but I'm not sure about the bolded part. I don't know if it's two hours as standard. I would think that changes for several factors. One of course being they would make the announcement once labor has advanced to certain point. Given how long labor can last, it might be a LONG while for people to wait. :lol: And two is the time of the day. I doubt they'd send out an announcement at 2AM. They would then likely wait until a more appropriate hour. Given the hours of media set up on Long Walk is 6AM - 11PM, it's likely they'll wait until 6AM or slightly before to share the information.

I'm sure that's also appreciated by RRs whose bosses would like them to be there the minute an announcement is made. Many of them have been there for a couple of weeks already, but it'd be nice if they didn't have to jump out of bed in the middle of night I'm sure. :lol:

On a different note, just because Baby Sussex is taking his sweet time getting here, I wouldn't assume it'd be a long labor. Yours truly was born two weeks late, but less than 4 hours of labor. :lol:

Last edited:

• photos (within a week)

Buckingham palace made an announcement stating the baby had not been born, they would not mis inform the public.

Buckingham palace made an announcement stating the baby had not been born, they would not mis inform the public.

But the set up has to be there and security has to make sure they are preparing and on standby with big crowds. And obviously security is much bigger the day of when you expect crowds. The entire hospital thing has grown out of control. When it first happened, they didn't even see the baby necessarily. Just of the mother walking out. And of course, the expectation of the mother has also changed from when she had a few days at a hospital to mere hours to get herself together camera ready.

We don't know what's in store for yet-to-be-born Baby Sussex. It will be fascinating to find out. However, I'm sure Baby Sussex's parents are going to vastly limit the public scrutiny. I can see the Sussex children excelling in any number of areas, and still managing to live their lives relatively normally. And I would say that 'normal' is the keyword. It's never been far from Harry's lips. I will append proof in the general Sussex thread.

Or they won't be excelling in anything, just living their lives peacefully and happily. There's only one child right now, not even born yet, and people already expect it to excel at something.

On a completely different and not connected note, so many things are not making any sese right now, I'm not even surprised the reporters are getting frustrated.

First, the statement - "The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family." could clearly suggest that we won't get any info that Megan is in labor/gave birth immediately, just a couple/a few days later.

Now somehow BP is informing the press that they'll let them know when she's in labor... So what, we'll get an announcement "she's in labor now" and then wait a week for "it's a girl/boy"?

And I'm not even gonna mention the photocall/photoshoot/whatever, because it's just not worth it. Couldn't it be done... simpler?

The birth of there child is a personal thing and I don't blame them for not wanting a media circus outside the hospital. Though of course I hope we get all the relevant information quickly. Last year people started complaining when they took a few days to announce Louis's name like we had a right to know hours after the birth.

Wow, many comments since I've been in the morning...oh people, I really thought Meghan was in labor...:(

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up. A number of posts have been edited or deleted (as well as responses to them) as they go way beyond the actual topic of the thread.

Please be reminded that this thread is NOT about the baby shower, Oprah, the popularity of members of the Royal Family, the cost of having a royal family, a comparison to other royal births or what and how hey managed the births of their children or indeed a place to bicker.

We are supposed to be discussing what is supposed to be a positive event - the forthcoming birth of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's baby. It is frankly beyond me how such an event could induce such negativity and bickering!

On a completely different and not connected note, so many things are not making any sese right now, I'm not even surprised the reporters are getting frustrated.

First, the statement - "The Duke and Duchess look forward to sharing the exciting news with everyone once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family." could clearly suggest that we won't get any info that Megan is in labor/gave birth immediately, just a couple/a few days later.

Now somehow BP is informing the press that they'll let them know when she's in labor... So what, we'll get an announcement "she's in labor now" and then wait a week for "it's a girl/boy"?

And I'm not even gonna mention the photocall/photoshoot/whatever, because it's just not worth it. Couldn't it be done... simpler?

I wouldn't say sharing the news once they've had an opportunity to celebrate privately means they'll be celebrating privately for days before telling the public. :lol: I do think it'd been better to release the entire operational notes, but perhaps it's standard with what they release to the public and what they give to the press for additional information so they can work out the logistics.

As for the photocall situation, that's about as simple as it can get with 1 cameraman, 1 photographer, and 1 reporter. There is usually some kind of interaction between new parent(s) and the waiting press. There were initial concerns, before everyone let sink in what actually will happen, about just photos aren't the same as footage. Which I can see a point in, so I think allowing a camera to catch some live footage will be good.

I wouldn't say sharing the news once they've had an opportunity to celebrate privately means they'll be celebrating privately for days before telling the public. :lol: I do think it'd been better to release the entire operational notes, but perhaps it's standard with what they release to the public and what they give to the press for additional information so they can work out the logistics.

As for the photocall situation, that's about as simple as it can get with 1 cameraman, 1 photographer, and 1 reporter. There is usually some kind of interaction between new parent(s) and the waiting press. There were initial concerns, before everyone let sink in what actually will happen, about just photos aren't the same as footage. Which I can see a point in, so I think allowing a camera to catch some live footage will be good.
But that's the thing, "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" can indeed be interpreted as having a couple of days just to themselves and their family. That's why I'm not surprised there are reporters asking if Megan gave birth already, because it's not clear whether the public will be informed a few hours or a few days later.

And nah, the mechanics of it are pretty simple, I mean timeline wise. Like, will it happen a few days after, or few weeks after? It could've been written in a more specific and informative manner. I get the need for privacy and I'm not saying they should include more information per se, just... be more particular. Because that statement is just making people more confused instead of clearing things out, not to mention now we have BP basically saying completely different thing.

Yes, this should be a positive place to chill and to wait happily, if impatiently. Why it can't be is a mystery, wrapped up in a conundrum. :lol: I'm happy and I'm chill.

Baby Sussex belongs to Meghan and Harry who I think are both excellent, albeit not perfect, human beings. I definitely expect their offspring to excel in whatever they will be gifted in and guided to pursue in life, via their own natural inclinations.

Or they won't be excelling in anything, just living their lives peacefully and happily...

Living life peacefully and happily does not preclude privately excelling in a chosen pursuit or profession. :flowers:

Last edited:

• photos (within a week)

I was thinking for privacy reasons they should not announce where the Duchess is in labor and the birth location until *'after* she is back home at Frogmore.

If it is announced that she is in labor at Frimley Park some media source could try to get into the hospital and/or obtain photos illegally or try who knows what to get access.

Recall that a nurse in the Lindo Wing fell for a prank call by an Australian radio show. The nurse ultimately committed suicide.

I support the couple 100% in their decision to keep the birth private.

I would recommend announcing the following:

1. Example:
At approximately 9 am HRH the Duchess of Sussex went into labor. She is supported by the Duke of Sussex and her mother Miss Doria Ragland.

2. HRH the Duchess of Sussex has given birth naturally (or by C-section) to a healthy baby (boy or girl) weight, length. They can release a photo of the baby.

3. After Meghan has gone home to Frogmore they can provide more details like the birth location....etc.

4. 4 or 5 days postpartum they can have photoshoot releasing 3 photos to world of the new family.

But that's the thing, "once they have had an opportunity to celebrate privately as a new family" can indeed be interpreted as having a couple of days just to themselves and their family. That's why I'm not surprised there are reporters asking if Megan gave birth already, because it's not clear whether the public will be informed a few hours or a few days later.

And nah, the mechanics of it are pretty simple, I mean timeline wise. Like, will it happen a few days after, or few weeks after? It could've been written in a more specific and informative manner. I get the need for privacy and I'm not saying they should include more information per se, just... be more particular. Because that statement is just making people more confused instead of clearing things out, not to mention now we have BP basically saying completely different thing.

I can definitely see how things can be viewed differently here, and that's why I think having the full information would've been helpful, which we eventually did get thanks for a German outlet. :lol: I was a bit confused as to why the RRs are saying it seems like we'll get notification on labor as well. I'm like I doubt it if they didn't tell you, and if they did, why is it not in absolute terms. But I guess the lesson is to read between the lines. Don't know if it's a RR thing or British thing. :lol:

With all the information we now have, I think that sentence was just included as a normal thing, which is they do celebrate privately and inform family members before any announcement is made. However, the first sentence threw people off a little bit in terms of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom