Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was scanning over the beginning of this thread and for clarity's sake: can someone confirm that there was never a concrete reason to believe that Meghan had had her twelve week scan at the time of the announcement? It seems this arose from news reports based on "royal sources" and people stating as fact that this is "how it's done" (ie no announcement until after a twelve-week scan-- although I have no idea how we would know that).

As far as I can tell the 12 week theory popped suddenly into existence (here and in the popular imagination) and was accepted as fact right away, but I can't find any concrete origin. I am wondering if I missed an official announcement or confirmation.

RRs were told on the call with Jason Knauf that she’s had her 12 weeks scan. You can go back and look at their tweets from then. That wasn’t from sources. The speculation then was if she was actually further along than 12 weeks.

RRs were told on the call with Jason Knauf that she’s had her 12 weeks scan. You can go back and look at their tweets from then. That wasn’t from sources. The speculation then was if she was actually further along than 12 weeks.

Indeed, speculation had her as far along as 15 weeks (which is obviously false as she'd be past 42 weeks now).

It's day 3 now. Baby Sussex will have his or her own birthday. He or she officially managed to avoid sharing the birthday with someone else relevant in the family.

Soon, soon. I don't think we'll reach monday without the birth of Baby Sussex.

Autumn is the 3rd and Zara is the 15th. So many birthdays and anniversaries in the span of 3 weeks. And they adding another.

Autumn is the 3rd and Zara is the 15th. So many birthdays and anniversaries in the span of 3 weeks. And they adding another.

I don't think many people know it's Autumn's birthday, so sharing a birthday with your father's non-titled married-in cousin isn't as big of a deal as sharing your birthday with one of your royal cousins.

However, there are a few birthday sharers in various royal families (specifically: monarch-fathers and their youngest child: Henri & Sebastien of Luxembourg and Abdullah & Hashem of Jordan; and only one day apart: Filip & Eleonore of Belgium), so had it been the case, they surely would have managed.

:previous: of course they would manage. But sharing a birthday is hard enough as a little kid, without sharing it with your very famous cousin. Oh its your birthday, I forgot, I was busy listening to the bells for Charlotte. You know she is going to be princess royal one day. And you....well.

Sharing a birthday when you are an adult is no big deal. As a kid it always feels better to have your own big day. When you get to be the star alone.

IIRC, KP did tell press (in the teleconference that accompanied the announcement of her pregnancy) that Meghan’s doctors had performed the “12 week scan.” There has been some discussion here that what is often referred to as a “12 week scan” could actually be done a little earlier than that mark, so use of that wording by KP doesn’t necessarily mean she’d passed the 12 week point at the time it was announced.

That said, the point at which she started showing seemed a little on the early side for a first time mom even if she was 12 or 13 weeks at the start of that trip. The idea that she had a clearly visible bump at 10 or 11 weeks seems really unlikely to me.

But as our dear mods have pointed out, we can’t do anything beyond talk in circles on that point because nobody but Meghan, her family/friends and doctors have enough information to reach a knowledgeable conclusion. We just get to wait and hone our sense of patience...much like a pair of expectant parents waiting for labor to begin.

I recall that we still don't know the birthplace of the late Queen Mother due to poor record-keeping. Her father waited a few weeks to register the birth and was vague on the location. She was most likely born at home, but the Earl of Strathmore had several homes to chose from, not to mention that the Countess of Strathmore could have given birth at her mother's home. So it's possible that they could register Baby Sussex with the town or county of birth without naming the hospital.
The Earl was in Scotland shooting when his youngest daughter was born, and waited until his return to England to register the birth, which he did listing the place of birth as St. Paul's Waldenbury and paying a fine for the late registration. However, it came out many years later that Elizabeth was actually born in London, either at her parent's town house, or, amusingly, in a horse-drawn ambulance while on the way to a maternity hospital. The Queen Mother herself reportedly confirmed that she was born in London, but had no comment about the ambulance!

And Jack Brooksbank's birthday falls on 6 May.

Buckingham Palace has addressed the birth rumors but the Daily Mail is pushing the conspiracy theory

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6987093/JAN-MOIR-want-share-joy-Baby-Sussex.html

This claim of national interest rings hollow. It's more of the press' financial interest. It's not getting the money shot from the Lindo Wing or any hospital so push the rumor to compensate for any "losses". The media is still pressed about the controlled introduction of Baby Sussex and it shows in this piece. To subject the baby to the noise of cameras and screaming press would be too much for the baby. And the press fails to note the birth plans were released on letterhead marked with the arms of the British monarch, meaning the queen signed off on this. If the press has complaints take them to Her Majesty.

Buckingham Palace has addressed the birth rumors but the Daily Mail is pushing the conspiracy theory

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6987093/JAN-MOIR-want-share-joy-Baby-Sussex.html

This claim of national interest rings hollow. It's more of the press' financial interest. It's not getting the money shot from the Lindo Wing or any hospital so push the rumor to compensate for any "losses". The media is still pressed about the controlled introduction of Baby Sussex and it shows in this piece. To subject the baby to the noise of cameras and screaming press would be too much for the baby. And the press fails to note the birth plans were released on letterhead marked with the arms of the British monarch, meaning the queen signed off on this. If the press has complaints take them to Her Majesty.

Just some thoughts:

> The view espoused by Jan Moir is one that has certainly not one that is unique to her, but at the end of the day, the decision is H&Ms to make. Will this antagonise the media further, only time will tell.

> The child is not in the "main line", so it is not imperative they participate in a photocall like the Cambridge's did.

> I do hope they release a statement soon after the birth, and some pictures not that long after the birth.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-children-wear-former-royal-nurse-claims.html

No surprises there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were Meghan, my biggest worry would be feeling contractions during a Game of Thrones episode this Sunday... I mean, little baby's gonna have to wait a little bit more to come out until the show's over... :D:D:D

:lol:
This article isn’t even sourced to an anonymous individual close to or working for the BRF. Instead, the “source” is
Sarah Dixon, who has worked for friends of the royal couple as well as two international royal households, believes Meghan Markle, 37, will ditch the traditional style sister-in-law Kate Middleton favours for her children.
Ms. Dixon knows as much about how Meghan will dress her child as any of the rest of us. The article may confirm your expectations, Muriel, but we should not treat it as fact.

I hope on the day of Zara Tindall's birthday, the baby will be already here.

Sharing a birthday when you are an adult is no big deal. As a kid it always feels better to have your own big day. When you get to be the star alone.

I guess there is always something that could be a downside to birthdays. I was born two weeks after Christmas and after the holidays, the birthday was kind of a letdown as people were always "gifted" out and broke. :lol:

As an adult, it didn't really get much easier either. I ended up marrying a guy with the same birthday as mine. Well... its one way he won't forget my birthday nor me his. Or... we cancel each other out and don't get any older at all. :D

I'm sure that no matter what day Baby Sussex's birthday falls on, his/her parents will assure that the day is extra special for that child no matter what.

:lol:
This article isn’t even sourced to an anonymous individual close to or working for the BRF. Instead, the “source” is

Ms. Dixon knows as much about how Meghan will dress her child as any of the rest of us. The article may confirm your expectations, Muriel, but we should not treat it as fact.

The article is speculative , but Meghan strikes me as someone who would dress her children differently from the Cambridge kids.

The article is speculative , but Meghan strikes me as someone who would dress her children differently from the Cambridge kids.

I agree and I’m happy for it. Their children’s clothing never appealed to me.

I actually share that opinion (i.e., that Meghan will likely dress her child differently than the Cambridge's). And, I think it's entirely fair to say that you agree with the speculation.

muriel was treating the article as fact (a fact that she was "not surprised" by), rather than mere speculation with which she agrees. It's an important distinction.

:previous: of course they would manage. But sharing a birthday is hard enough as a little kid, without sharing it with your very famous cousin. Oh its your birthday, I forgot, I was busy listening to the bells for Charlotte. You know she is going to be princess royal one day. And you....well.

This (bolded by me) sounds like taunting a child that has not even been born yet. Remember, if the baby is a boy, he will be Earl of Dumburton, and I think eventually Duke of Sussex, and his kids will be Ladies and Lords, and do not need LPs for that. On the other hand, like Princess Royal Anne, Princess Charlotte's kids will not have titles unless an LP is issued or she marries a titled man.

Last edited:
This (bolded by me) sounds like taunting a child that has not even been born yet. Remember, if the baby is a boy, he will be Earl of Dumburton, and I think eventually Duke of Sussex, and his kids will be Ladies and Lords, and do not need LPs for that. On the other hand, like Princess Royal Anne, her kids will not have titles unless an LP is issued or she marries a titled man.

Very good point if I may say so. I presume you're comparing Princess Charlotte with the Princess Royal here.

I really don't think any member of the BRF play the "my (title, style, order, gong, status, precedence and whatever else one may want to add to the list) is better than yours is. ?" game. I'd like to think they're above that kind of thing.

Jan Moir wrote an entire article whining about something we already know is happening? She getting notified when Meghan goes into labour. She will get the announcement when she baby is born. There is a media moment in Windsor a few days later with so we will see the new happy family. What more does she want? Play by plays of Meghan's contractions and a live feed of the birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro
This (bolded by me) sounds like taunting a child that has not even been born yet. Remember, if the baby is a boy, he will be Earl of Dumburton, and I think eventually Duke of Sussex, and his kids will be Ladies and Lords, and do not need LPs for that. On the other hand, like Princess Royal Anne, Princess Charlotte's kids will not have titles unless an LP is issued or she marries a titled man.

Very good point if I may say so. I presume you're comparing Princess Charlotte with the Princess Royal here.

I really don't think any member of the BRF play the "my (title, style, order, gong, status, precedence and whatever else one may want to add to the list) is better than yours is. ?" game. I'd like to think they're above that kind of thing.

Yes, I was comparing Princess Charlotte with the Princess Royal to make a point.

I am not taunting a child. Its a reality, that William's kids are always going to be more prominent then Harry's kids are going to be. The only daughter of King William V is going to be better known then the Earl of Dumbarton. And if the baby is a girl, then just like Charlotte she will not have titles either for her or her kids. Its nice for Baby Sussex to have their own birthday, so they don't have to share the spotlight with the future Princess Royal. Whether Charlotte's kids will have a title or not means nothing. The Princess Royal, and a senior working royal, will forever out rank the 'earl of Dumbarton' or Lady Mountbatten-Windsor. Both in the general hierarchy and in the public eye as well.

And no I don't think the family would favor Charlotte over her cousin. Its not about favoring. Its about sucking having to share the spotlight. Any kid who shared a birthday with a sibling or close cousin, or Christmas, knows it can suck. You don't get to be the center of attention for the day.

I am not taunting a child. Its a reality, that William's kids are always going to be more prominent then Harry's kids are going to be. The only daughter of King William V is going to be better known then the Earl of Dumbarton. And if the baby is a girl, then just like Charlotte she will not have titles either for her or her kids.

That is not entirely true as Harry's child, if he is a boy, will probably become HRH Prince xxx of Sussex eventually and, later, HRH The Duke of Sussex. If it is a girl, she will eventually become HRH Princess xxx of Sussex. I don't think King Charles III (or George VII) will keep Harry's children as Earl of Dumbarton or Lady xx Mountbatten-Windsor.

Harry's children will be in a similar position to Beatrice and Eugenie and, when George is King, they will be in a similar position to that of the Kents and the Gloucesters today.

Does anyone know exactly how far along in pregnancy Meghan was during Eugenie's wedding? There was supposed to be a scan that morning. I have read 12 weeks and then 11 weeks and now 8 weeks. Huge difference in reporting. I do not believe that the child has already been born and not announced as if that were true it would indicate the Queen and Charles are liars as it was published that Meghan going into labor would be known. I do not believe the Queen would lie about this to her citizens. Just curious and to correct a debate at the club.

muriel was treating the article as fact (a fact that she was "not surprised" by), rather than mere speculation with which she agrees. It's an important distinction.

Quite right. I have no doubt that Meghan will not be dressing her clothes in the very traditional way that the Cambridge children are dressed for formal occasions. Its not a criticism, but a comment based on her own current style.

One item of clothing I think we can pretty much guarantee will be very traditional is the Honiton christening gown replica of the original gown commissioned by Queen Victoria in 1840. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom