Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I think the difference right now is the distance the US media had to travel in order to be "on scene" for the birth. For the most part, UK media can make it to the Long Walk and cover the birth within a short amount of time.

Has nothing much to do with interest but more so geography and location. ?

I agree. I think the difference right now is the distance the US media had to travel in order to be "on scene" for the birth. For the most part, UK media can make it to the Long Walk and cover the birth within a short amount of time.

Indeed & the number of US media outlets compared to the UK. It's also big news in the US due to Meghan's nationality but it doesn't follow that the UK will be less interested (eg the wedding was covered extensively here).

If the US media are bringing anchors from America to report from Windsor ( as it was the case with the wedding) , then yes. Otherwise, all major US media outlets have permanent correspondents and even entire bureaus / operations based in London. So no major physical displacement is required.

Last edited:
I recall that we still don't know the birthplace of the late Queen Mother due to poor record-keeping. Her father waited a few weeks to register the birth and was vague on the location. She was most likely born at home, but the Earl of Strathmore had several homes to chose from, not to mention that the Countess of Strathmore could have given birth at her mother's home. So it's possible that they could register Baby Sussex with the town or county of birth without naming the hospital.

The Queen Mother was born nearly 119 years ago, I’m not sure that such vagueness would be acceptable today.

Last edited:
To give people some idea of interest, a British reporter said the media in Windsor is about 90 percent American.

Clearly a much bigger deal across the States.

I mean that actually makes sense. They are the ones who have to travel and camp out, so to speak. The UK Press will just head there once she in labor. Not like there is much reason to be chilling in Windsor. It would be different if it was a flexed position like Lindo where you knew exactly what was happening.

I think it’s kind of amazing global press (I see an Italian station has been there almost 3weeks!) even came at all considering they won’t physically see anything. They flew over to just stare at other reporters at Windsor park. :lol:

To give people some idea of interest, a British reporter said the media in Windsor is about 90 percent American.

Clearly a much bigger deal across the States.

Windsor is a tourist town, so it’s not surprising tourists would be there. And for Americans, last month is high travel time as kids are off from school for Spring Break (it happens throughout the month, no standard time, but all for a week). However, I wouldn’t underestimate the British interest in this baby. Bookies have seen a record breaking amount of betting on this baby, over all previous royal babies and overtaking the record set by his or her parents’ wedding. And that’s not Americans.

In terms of people waiting in person, well, why? :lol: Reality is they don’t know where to wait at and this baby won’t make an appearance in person when the photocall happens as it’ll be in Windsor Castle.

A number of the royal correspondents have been waiting in Windsor for the last couple of weeks. Some are on standby. In fact, some are so bored they’ve resorted to post about ducks and counting planes. And they can’t even set up on Long Walk yet.

Last edited:
Once it starts happening, all of the UK media will start covering it.

The UK media was hoping to have already be in place in front of the hospital or at least have their places marked behind the press pens.

Ha! The "Town Cryer" is officially in Windsor.

I say Baby Sussex comes on Saturday, May 4th.
Jedi Baby: may the Force be with You

Ha! The "Town Cryer" is officially in Windsor.

I say Baby Sussex comes on Saturday, May 4th.
Jedi Baby: may the Force be with You

No, no, no, I got a full day planned Saturday. Baby Sussex needs to come Friday or wait until Sunday. :lol:

I'm still predicting May 5. The more time that passes, the more I am inclined to believe that Meghan was being strictly truthful: her due date was/is the end of April, beginning of May, as opposed to the predictions of all the amateur midwives here and in the media, who were doing complicated calculations based on guesses. It really does emphasize the hazards of royal watching, where we sometimes think we know a lot more than we actually do, and make confident assertions without much to back them up.

What a novel idea that the mother-to-be might actually know her own due date!

No, no, no, I got a full day planned Saturday. Baby Sussex needs to come Friday or wait until Sunday. :lol:

Somethng's gotta give at this point. Poor Meghan must be feeling the stress of it all, but baby will come when baby is ready or when mom gets tired of incubation past a certain point.

But I do have a feeling it will be this weekend. Jacqui, set your alerts!

From all I've witnessed in this thread, those that participate and have never become a parent are getting a pretty good idea what those last days of pregnancy can be like. We've experienced it all from the frustration, inability to sleep or going without checking for updates and news.

Only thing really missing is the child itself using your rib cage as a jungle gym and your bladder as a bouncy house and learning that in the last days of a pregnancy, you inadvertently find yourself making noises you never thought you could just trying to move and get comfortable somehow, someway. :D

Well, Sussex baby has the whole day left to be born on the same day as my niece because she decided a Dutch girl ought to be born on the birthday of the Dutch King. :D So it´s a bit of a Royal birthday here anyway.

Empress Merel's niece is already 5 days old, this thread 11 pages longer since then and still no Sussex baby in sight ?

I'm not going to click a sussex thread on TRF again until there is one that starts with "It's a..." ?

I am rooting for May 4th as well. Poor media though. I see they are going crazy. I am surprised so many are out there. You would think they would just wait until they announced she was in labor since they can't even set up in the Long Walk yet.

Last edited:
There is quite a contingent of Australian press in Windsor as well. Some have been there for weeks. Baby Sussex might be costing these folks /tv stations a pretty penny while they wait around in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
It is 4am here friday morning and I am just checking to see what the news is. Back to bed now, zzz.

Many are guessing either 4th or 5th May. I wonder if baby Sussex will play a trick on us again xD

Maybe tomorrow (crosses fingers) and then they will have the press call on the 6th and then Harry is off to Holland? Baby on his/her own schedule. Haha. Soon though.

There is quite a contingent of Australian press in Windsor as well. Some have been there for weeks. Baby Sussex might be costing these folks /tv stations a pretty penny while they wait around in one of the most expensive cities in the world.
It is 4am here friday morning and I am just checking to see what the news is. Back to bed now, zzz.

I can imagine that the restaurants and pubs in Windsor are doing some excellent business these days. Seems almost like a global press convention has descended there eh? :D

Same for US stations. One of the lady on GMA called it her workation in London/Windsor. She was put in London for a bit.

Well.... I'm taking a break from the Great Wait and going for a flashback in time when it comes to Meghan. One of my Hallmark channels is showing her in the starring role in "Dater's Handbook". Hard to imagine it being a time before thoughts of a prince and happily ever after invaded her brain cells. ?

For me the whole "baby watch" has become somehow funny. Everyday I wake up and think if the baby will be born this day. And every "sign" in Windsor or London, every speculation makes me very amused. I enjoy every day with all this stuff.

Come on, enjoy the calm before the storm!

I follow Royal Central on Wordpress and every time there's a "BREAKING" post I automatically presume it's going to be announcing Baby Sussex's birth. Ah, well, it's the beginning of May now, so hopefully we should have an announcement next week or even this weekend.

I bet the expense accounts of some foreign media with regard to food, drink and sundries are causing their bosses to pull their hair out! And it could still be another week in Windsor for most, with the aftermath of the birth as well!

Incidentally, I was reading about Princess Margaret's birth the other day. In those days the Home Secretary had to be nearby to sign off on Royal births. He arrived in Scotland on the 5th August, was invited to stay near Glamis with the Airlies, and stayed there until the 22nd, with Margaret born on the night of the 21st August! Thank the Lord that doesn't happen now!

Maybe the birth with be today. I check in several times a day here. Come on Baby Sussex! (It's a boy, btw!)

I was scanning over the beginning of this thread and for clarity's sake: can someone confirm that there was never a concrete reason to believe that Meghan had had her twelve week scan at the time of the announcement? It seems this arose from news reports based on "royal sources" and people stating as fact that this is "how it's done" (ie no announcement until after a twelve-week scan-- although I have no idea how we would know that).

As far as I can tell the 12 week theory popped suddenly into existence (here and in the popular imagination) and was accepted as fact right away, but I can't find any concrete origin. I am wondering if I missed an official announcement or confirmation.

:previous:I think with the tour looming, there would have been an ultrasound, just to verify everything was okay.

:previous:I think with the tour looming, there would have been an ultrasound, just to verify everything was okay.

But we have, and have never had, any confirmation of when it was actually done, week 10, week 11, week 12, etc. It's all guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom