Harry and Meghan Are Expecting, Baby Due Spring 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bang::bang::bang: Please, please, come already Baby Sussex!! I know I can't be even a 1,000,000th as frustrated as Harry and Meghan probably are in waiting. ?

Harry has been confirmed for a quick trip to the Netherlands next week. I really doubt they’d announce that unless a firm “here’s when we stop waiting for things to start naturally and take this baby out already” date weren’t set at least several days prior. Which should mean we’re getting close, folks!

I agree. I think we will get news of the baby's birth before the week is over and there is still a good chance Harry will go on his trip if all goes well. It's a short trip and Meghan has mama Doria by her side. I think she'll be fine. ;)

Based on what all the reporters are saying and just putting pieces together from the last 2 weeks, this is what I think is going in.

Meghan likely was due a few days ago. Doria has been in the UK for two weeks now. Harry wasn't expecting to attend the two engagements recently. This trip to the Netherlands was scheduled in months ago and clearly Harry thought the timing would work. It all just points to they thought Baby Sussex would be here last week.

I can't imagine it goes beyond this weekend. I could be wrong, clearly, but that is my guess.

Agreed.

And if they didn’t feel pretty confident that the 8th would still work out, I really don’t think they would have issued an actual announcement, but rather would have let it sit quietly on the calendar—not keeping anyone from noticing it, but not pointing it out (in case he had to pull out), either.

I think they'll probably be fine with letting the world know what's happening once it's happening, they just don't want the crowd of press immediately outside creating a gauntlet to run (or hide from) as they arrive and leave. Given what's been said so far and their track record since marriage for rolling out news, my guess is we'll have a simple "Meghan is in labor" once they're totally settled in for the delivery, a bare bones "baby boy/girl was safely delivered at x:xx" after the news has been conveyed to the family, and then a full announcement disclosing the location, etc. once they're ready to pose for photos and/or announce the name (I'm thinking the delay in photocall may mean they announce the name at that time).

I think they'll probably be fine with letting the world know what's happening once it's happening, they just don't want the crowd of press immediately outside creating a gauntlet to run (or hide from) as they arrive and leave. Given what's been said so far and their track record since marriage for rolling out news, my guess is we'll have a simple "Meghan is in labor" once they're totally settled in for the delivery, a bare bones "baby boy/girl was safely delivered at x:xx" after the news has been conveyed to the family, and then a full announcement disclosing the location, etc. once they're ready to pose for photos and/or announce the name (I'm thinking the delay in photocall may mean they announce the name at that time).

I agree with everything except do you really think they’ll announce the location? What is the U.K. birth certificate like? Does it announce the hospital or just the location of the town or county or whatever? My thinking here is that they likely would like to keep the hospital private just in case they have another one.

UK birth certificates do ask for the date and place of birth - Prince George's states he was born at St Mary's Hospital, so I imagine even if they wanted to it would soon be known where this baby was born.

The latest somewhat more interesting ITV feature on the royal baby. The 'doula' reports are investigated and debunked. The broadcast also addresses the efforts to reform gender-biased legislation in the U.K., in addition to covering royal baby memorabilia, and baby product manufacturers looking to make money on holistic and non-gender focused baby products, etc.

Lauren Mishcon, a U.K. doula who became swamped by false rumors she would be supporting Meghan:
"You begin to realize that the appetite for anything relating to Meghan Markle is so voracious. They can't get to Meghan, so they'll take whatever they can..."

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...by-lauren-mischcon-prince-harry-a8876786.html

Last edited:
I have a feeling she will be induced in the next day or so.

I think that she will not be induced as long as she and the baby are allright and in good condition.
It is possible that she can carry on some more days after week 42, but the condition of mother and child will have to be monitored constantly.
After week 42 the placenta mostly degradates and she will be induced as soon as that happens.

I don't think that the trip to the Netherlands is of any indication that we can expect the birth before or during those days.
If the baby is born a few days before or expected during those days I am sure that the trip will be cancelled.

Last edited:
I have a feeling she will be induced in the next day or so.

For Meghan’s sake, I hope from the bottom of my heart that she is not induced. Pitocin is evil, a necessary evil sometimes, but still evil. I’m guessing people wishing it on Meghan have never actually experienced it.

For Meghan’s sake, I hope from the bottom of my heart that she is not induced. Pitocin is evil, a necessary evil sometimes, but still evil. I’m guessing people wishing it on Meghan have never actually experienced it.

I don’t think anyone here said they are “ wishing it on Meghan”. I believe the comments were just that she will have to be induced if she is too long past her due date. As you said, a “ necessary evil “.

I think , however, that we should also refrain from speculating on medical decisions that may or may not be made regarding her delivery when we don’t even know basic facts about her pregnancy such as if she is really overdue or not.

I have heard that from a couple relatives that experienced it. I guess contractions are harder and more intense than most natural labors. I was blessed and had two short natural labors. Although I did have several days of back labor with both before contractions began.
It seems they are going to wait as long as possible before inducing or c-section. Better for Mom and baby.

Last edited:
A recent report on the royal baby from down under:
This report details preparations for celebrations in London upon the baby's arrival, e.g., red, white, and blue lights across the night sky; and a high tea planned for expectant Moms at the Shangri-La Hotel.

And on CBS This Morning, Tina Brown gives her take:

Last edited:
Some of you guys need to chill, honestly. This baby will arrive soon and you'll likely get bombared with news alerts the moment it happens. Relax.

:previous: Actually, the baby could decide to enter the world at any moment, which means many of us will not necessarily be bombarded with anything, particularly when we are in bed at night or busy with other obligations and outings during the day. That is unless some people are carrying smart phones at all times with special baby alerts set to bombard them. Currently that's not the case for me. ;)

So every so often I check online, and I enjoy researching recent updates, news and videos I may have missed.

It's what makes me jump out of bed now expecting to find in the news that the baby is born !

I think that she will not be induced as long as she and the baby are allright and in good condition.
It is possible that she can carry on some more days after week 42, but the condition of mother and child will have to be monitored constantly.
After week 42 the placenta mostly degradates and she will be induced as soon as that happens.

I don't think that the trip to the Netherlands is of any indication that we can expect the birth before or during those days.
If the baby is born a few days before or expected during those days I am sure that the trip will be cancelled.

A doctor will not let her go past 42 weeks without induction. It may take longer, as induction is not instantaneous labor, but they wouldn't wait. Unless she just didn't go see a doctor. Many doctors wont wait past 10 days over due to induce.

If there was a chance of them cancelling the trip, they would not have announced it in the first place. Even if it is on his schedule, his schedule didn't need to be made public.

No one is wishing it on her :ermm:

Of course we all hope she has a natural healthy birth. We're just talking about the realistic possibility it may be needed.

Four years ago, as Catherine's pregnancy with Charlotte ran past the end of April into May, I joked that the baby wasn't too eager to face the media throng at the Lindo Wing. I'd almost say that the same is true of the Sussex baby at this point!

Someone reminded me today of the other ways a mother-to-be can jump-start labor: eating spicy foods, going for a long walk… and other more personal activities that I won't name. ? I suspect Meghan is ready to try anything at this point.

I agree with everything except do you really think they’ll announce the location? What is the U.K. birth certificate like? Does it announce the hospital or just the location of the town or county or whatever? My thinking here is that they likely would like to keep the hospital private just in case they have another one.

UK birth certificates do ask for the date and place of birth - Prince George's states he was born at St Mary's Hospital, so I imagine even if they wanted to it would soon be known where this baby was born.

I recall that we still don't know the birthplace of the late Queen Mother due to poor record-keeping. Her father waited a few weeks to register the birth and was vague on the location. She was most likely born at home, but the Earl of Strathmore had several homes to chose from, not to mention that the Countess of Strathmore could have given birth at her mother's home. So it's possible that they could register Baby Sussex with the town or county of birth without naming the hospital.

Four years ago, as Catherine's pregnancy with Charlotte ran past the end of April into May, I joked that the baby wasn't too eager to face the media throng at the Lindo Wing. I'd almost say that the same is true of the Sussex baby at this point!

Someone reminded me today of the other ways a mother-to-be can jump-start labor: eating spicy foods, going for a long walk… and other more personal activities that I won't name. ? I suspect Meghan is ready to try anything at this point.

? I’m sure she and Harry is willing to do anything too. We’re gonna get up to an announcement soon this week.

Someone reminded me today of the other ways a mother-to-be can jump-start labor: eating spicy foods, going for a long walk… and other more personal activities that I won't name. ? I suspect Meghan is ready to try anything at this point. .

I literally tried everything to jump-start my labour with my eldest - nothing worked! He was, and still is, a very stubborn child! I suspect baby Sussex may have inherited his/her parents' stubborness if Meghan is a week overdue!

To add a little bit of humor to the wait, your post reminded me of a cartoon I loved when I was pregnant with my kids. This one kind of fits the mood of what you were talking about. Meet Eggbert. :D

https://www.google.com/search?hs=uP...BAgJEBM&biw=1074&bih=554#imgrc=MVSjAJD9oYSiLM:

BTW: I just ordered some salsa made with ghost peppers and they're extremely hot. Think I should send some to Meghan? :lol:

Last edited:
Please note that several posts perpetuating conspiracy theories that Meghan has given birth already have been deleted along with responses. Let's be more realistic in our thoughts please.

I'll guess May 5th as a possible day, for no particular reason.

I really don't think that the baby will be born after the 10th. But, I could be wrong.

At this point in time, who knows when the kid will arrive. Although its commonly referred to having "a bun in the oven", there's no timer that dings and starts the process of putting on the oven mitts and pulling the bun out of the oven.

I think we just have to assume all is well and things are going according to plan (the baby's plan and no one else's) as we've not been told otherwise or has there been any indication.

I'm wondering if Harry has any hair left by now. :D

To give people some idea of interest, a British reporter said the media in Windsor is about 90 percent American.

Clearly a much bigger deal across the States.

To give people some idea of interest, a British reporter said the media in Windsor is about 90 percent American.

Clearly a much bigger deal across the States.

Once it starts happening, all of the UK media will start covering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom